300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted...
    Last edited by vtruy; 08-28-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      2-3 Weeks for me

• vtruy
      vtruy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by vtruy; 08-28-2020, 08:51 AM.

• Hello all,

I have applied for a direct hire location in Arizona and a location in New York that is not direct hire. If offered the position, does anyone know how choosing a location works or if they just tell you what location you will be going to? Both announcements say,"location negotiable after hired."

Comment

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      They will give you options to what's available or in need, when they give "the call" but as long as the place you applied for is there, more than likely you'll get what you want.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually you will be offered what you have selected from what I read on this forum if it said negotiable then you have nothing to lose by asking where you prefer and if there is availability then accommodations will be made.

• redfish112
      redfish112 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beaueeeazy fonzi7979
      Im hoping I get a choice between the two if offered the position. Thanks for the responses.
      Last edited by redfish112; 01-15-2020, 03:44 PM.

• Day 30 of being in adjudication, man this is boring... I'm counting work days, no holiday included. Anyone have longer times in adjudication?

I might send an email tomorrow asking the person who helped me out last time and told me I was in adjudication to see when my application was last touched...

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I met my BI almost 3 months ago. I still don't think im close to being in adjudication nor know how to find out lol

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost there was someone that reached out to me after I passed my poly and I just hit them up asking when my application was last touched

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      thelonelybum yea sadly the only person i've talked to is both my BI's, one says it should be good to go each time we get done talking so i gotta hope it's going well lol

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      4 ~ 5 years wait time for the whole thing is normal right?

• Anyone here took a recet exam for CBPO VRA 20-3? I received an email that i passed the exam the next day. whats next?

Comment

• simonxu2
      simonxu2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trust me VRA is flying through like there is no tomorrow.
      Next they will email you letting you know which position you qualify for either GS5 or 7 and ask you to choose one
      Then You will get a email with instruction to finish and release your Eqip
      After that they will email you to schedule your SI,Medical, and Fitness exam.

Its been 15 day since i passed my Entrance Exam 20-3 VRA i am currently at my medical.
      Release Eqip 1/7/20 got kick back 8th
      Release 1/8/20 got kick back 9th
      Release Eqip again 1/14/20
      Eqip sent to OPR 1/15/20
      Took Si 1/14/20
      SI NOR: passed 1/15/20
      Medical:1/16/20
      Fitness:Requested reciprocity.

• Update, I passed the Polygraph. Listed below is my current timeline

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
    9/04/2018 – Applied
    9/17/2018 – Entrance Exam
    9/20/2018 – Exam Notice of Results (Passed)
    9/26/2018 – Tentative selection letter (GS - 7)
    10/03/2018 – e-QIP requested
    10/08/2018 – e-QIP submitted
    10/16/2018 – Medical Exam
    10/16/2018 – PFT-1 (Passed)
    11/08/2018 – Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    11/09/2018 – Structured Interview Results (Passed)
    12/10/2018 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    2/28/2019 – e-QIP Rejected (for corrections)
    2/28/2019 – e-QIP Corrected & resubmitted
    3/18/2019 – e-QIP Released to OPR
    3/19/2019 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    3/25/2019 – Request for Additional Medical Information (Med Review)
    4/04/2019 – Emailed Additional Medical Information
    4/04/2019 – Email receipt for Additional Medical Information received
    8/20/2019 – Medical (Passed)
    1/09/2019 – Polygraph
    1/15/2020 – Polygraph Results (Passed)

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, way to go.... SmokeScreen07

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 Thank you, & will do. That's good, hopefully that will be soon.

V_AntCBP Thank you.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to see your progress. I was a month before you "Aug 2018" I'm now 65% completed on my CASS for finalizing my background investigation so I can get the call for drug test and EOD date for this year in 2020. Hopefully.....

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO-DFW That's great news, are you DH or Regular? Yes hopefully everyone from our time lines gets in during 2020.

• simonxu2 HEy Thanks for the insight of your process. You know i did not expect to pass the exam but lucky i did. Im from new york area Queens. Im amaze the process goes really fast for the Veteran. When did you took the exam? i took mine Monday Jan13. im a little nervous thinkinga about the interview and the Poly. I dont have worries taking the Medical and the Phyiscal.well goodluck on your process bro. thanks for the update btw. and simon i cant send you private message try disabling it.

Comment

• simonxu2
      simonxu2 commented
      Editing a comment
      NYC01 I took my exam Dec 30 2019,Received NOR Email : Jan 2 2020 (passed)
      I am also from NYC Queens Area, Currently still in Active Duty etsing This August hopefully can make it into once those September or July Class and ask for either JFK or Newark.
      The Interview is easy i cant tell you anything about the interview but as long as you prioritize the situation you will pass it.

• Today I reached out to my recruiter for the 2nd time, last was a month ago, to inquire about the status of my background(currently in adjudication). He said its being actively worked and was last touched on 12/23. I am glad they're working on it and I have faith that that all be over soon and it'll be a PASS. Remember guys " God is never late, he is always right on time "

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen. Sory_Ann I am glad to see they are working on your file it’s just a matter of time.

• I'm seeing some folks talk about the VRA announcements and was wondering if anyone had applied for the poly waiver.

I Ijust applied to the 20-4 announcement and meet all of the requirements (Current Active TS/SCI/SSBI, Veteran) in the posting and in FAQ section on CBP website.

Has anyone successfully received a poly waiver very under VRA? If so, could you provide insight/timeline?

Thanks

Comment

• Scuddyp4
      Scuddyp4 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Dodge_Guy...

I guess I'm just wondering if they automatically grant if you meet requirements or is it something that is more subjective if you meet requirements.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont believe its subjective. I turned it in and it came back signed. I'm pretty certain it's black and white standards of if you meet ABC, then XYZ will be granted

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      If it makes any difference, I personally know 4 VRA applicants that have submitted and were approved

• Scuddyp4
      Scuddyp4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great information!! Thanks for the replies. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Hoping everything goes smoothly. Hoping to use my PT and Medical from military as well. We'll see.

I've been trying to get a Fed job for about 9 years. Poly has kept me out of 4 1811 jobs. I just can't pass one. I'll be 38 this year so options are getting pretty slim.

• Is there a post that includes announcement number, date of polygraph, and location of where the polygraph was or will be? I feel this will help people better understand the timing of when they can expect a call for a poly. I know most people in here are in the NY area, but other areas may have a different wait time such as the <1 year expected on here.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Bentley if you go back to USA Jobs and look at the application you have selected location preference for polygraph exam.

• I apologize if this question was ask in the past. Is there an email address for scheduling status of the poly exam?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scheduling status just need to wait to be called or emailed once availability for your area.

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      They actually gave me a contact after i passed my structure interview to contact if I don’t hear anything for 12 weeks but I’m not getting any response from them and wondering if there is another contact.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we all received that email address for ICAD. I have emailed them and I have been told to be patient and wait once a polygraph examiner is available in your area you will be contacted and scheduled for the exam.

• I just got hired by TSA to do this in the meantime for CBP, but also given to opportunity to become a peace officer. Is it better to start with TSA and start my fed time or starting with a law enforcement agency?

Comment

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thank you Radio Raheem and thelonelybum

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I left my job with my SO for TSA just to build up some time in while applying to CBP. Ill have a year and 2 months in when I EoD with CBP at this point.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost!!!

How long have u waited in total until you get the call?

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO-DFW took about 4 months from start to call

• Hello! Announcement 18-11 here. Patiently waiting to hear back for my background.
    Anyone from the Southern Border/ El Paso, Texas Area. Checking in to see if El Paso is still being offered?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      i am 19-3, looking for LAX and el paso too... but i am still waiting for poly

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi 18-12 here. It's odd to see anyone asking for those areas lol i was offered two critical ports Arizona and Calexico then i turned them down and was offered Laredo (my selected port) and El Paso. Obviously, i chose Laredo. Good luck to you!

• NachoLaw
      NachoLaw commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 18-10. Also waiting on the final. Requesting the southern Border.

• Working Day 31, I figured there's no harm in asking... before this, the last day my background was touched was 11/27/2019 now its been upgraded to 1/8/2020 at least I know it's moving along now... just waiting for the green check mark now...
    Attached Files

Comment

• jcsaenz3
      jcsaenz3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this a CBPO thing only? I have emailed and called my case manager for BPA and both times they have not been able to see when my BI was last touched. All I know that it is Adjudication phase,

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO thing, I had a recruiter contact me after my poly cleared telling me to ask any questions I had. Found out he couldn't find this info for me and had to talk to his partner. Found his partners email because he forwarded her email to me while erasing the message underneath and not erasing the forwarded portion. So I asked her directly which was nice.

• thelonelybum I am 18-10 and just calculated 73 working days since my BI was submitted lol. Also touched last December......

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3 I gave up on the whole process at one point, and remembered I was in the process about 15 months later from not hearing anything. My background was completed in Oct 2019 and was sent back for more info in November and resubmitted. Went into adjudication since November...

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      sory_ann & thelonelybum hang in there you both are about to cross the finish line with the hiring process. I have a question did anyone select provisional and if so did help speed up the process for you.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      wasnt given the option for provisional

• 18-8, just re certified my medical. Does anyone know how long it takes for the re certification to clear and get the call? I hope it doesn't take months like normal med reviews...Thank you

Comment

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your DT update on CASS? Mine hasn't. Hope you hear from medical soon. I don't think it'll be long.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Drug just cleared. Medical went down to follow 210CBPO lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3405 users online. 172 members and 3233 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X