Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TsFost Well, I had met with my BI back in September 2019, and the field portion was completed. Hopefully that "next portion" means that is close to being adjudicated... Amen!

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      sory_ann you are there just stay positive it will all work out.

• fonzi7979 Lol Thank you! Your polygraph examination is coming soon!!!! and Amen to that!

Comment

• Just got another call from my background investigator. He said we must have gotten a tough manager because she's still hung up on past dates of employment. Everyone make sure that your dates are on point. I said leave used to be horrible with keeping track of dates for anything which meant that I had to guess on a lot of them. Even after getting all of them worked out during the actual sit down background investigation Hart the manager still isn't convinced on signing off just yet. Hopefully after tonight's clarification call things can finish up my investigators said this should be the final call that I receive from him. Let's hope

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn man, TsFost they are really tough on those details huh, when I did my eqip. I only had 7 days to gather everything... I was scared of screwing up dates too.... Hopefully this will be a last call from them for you too man,

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I hope so. He said this want to fix my starting date and that he's never known CBP to not hire anyone over some mist work dates. Still it always makes you worried when they keep coming back to the same stuff over and over. As I've gotten older I've definitely gotten better about my records just wish I could go back until past me to get on top of it sooners I'm using talk to text so I apologize for any run-on sentences or miss spellings. I was hoping everything was about done since they called me a couple weeks ago to confirm my new pay grade. But I guess it's still awaiting final abjucation

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha yeah man, definitely try to organize them important documents, buy a big binder with slots, and with plastic sleeves, my mom did that for my old documents, all the new documents, travels, court papers, birth certificates, financial blah blah of my family, wife and kids, I manage those well too. that's how I could gather everything in under 7 days... It seems not important all the time but when you need it, shot, crazy looking for them... TsFost

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        The part I hate is I EOD in less then 3 months and there's still stuff up in the air. Hopefully it chills soon because it gets to ya lol.

• Looks like OPM got the boot, DOD is doing all federal backgrounds now. Supposed to be moving the process overall faster.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        standtheman that’s what I was thinking usually polygraph comes first before the field investigation it may have changed since DOD took over it would be nice get through the process quicker this way. Who knows until I complete the polygraph I’m sitting duck for now.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 I was announcement 19-10. I'm not sure how their investigation process works with the CBP specific side of things, but all that remains is the background, polygraph and drug test. I already work for DHS, so that might make a difference (who knows?).

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        does not make a difference, I work for DHS and ive been in the process for 2 years still...

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        thelonelybum Ouch. Two years is beyond ridiculous!

• So I had my Poly yesterday, and I won’t get into it due to the NDA, but I got hit with one of those I didn’t fail, but the examiner said I will definitely have to be retested. Overall the examiner was nice throughout most the testing, now I just have to wait for Quality Control (QC) to determine if I have to redo the whole thing, or certain parts, or even if I passed. I will post the results once I get them.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokeScreen07 lol yeah. Too relaxed is a problem. They can't get a good read.. Therefore they don't know when or if you are lying... You could be clean as heck, or you could be trained to beat the poly... They don't know... So best is to weed you out... Just in case, you know what I mean... I know a couple people got trouble because too calm too relaxed...you just have to be calmed or reactions when need to.... Haha

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 Yea I'm not worried, it is what it is. If I have to go back and redo it, that's fine. I want the job, so I'm willing to be put through the grinder, lol.

V_AntCBP I understand, but my point to the examiner was, if I'm being honest and telling the truth why wouldn't I be relaxed. But like you said they don't know you, or know if you're a good person, trained to deceive, or someone who will betray them. Like I said, I'm just gonna wait and see what QC says and take it from there.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just need to be positive and it will all work out.

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been in law enforcement 9 years and had to take the poly twice. Hang in there

• MrAce how do you know OPM isn’t doing the BI?

Comment

• Hey boys. 19-4 and got a couple of questions. Debating on JFK or Newark when that final call comes. I live on Long Island but debating on moving to Jersey, as girlfriend currently lives/works in Staten Island. Not sure what the right choice is here.

1. Is anyone here, or does anyone know of, a CBP officer that works at Newark that i may be able to get in contact with to get some insight about what life is like working there?

2. I feel like a while back I read that someone called a port they were considering choosing and talking to someone about life there and asking any questions they had. Has anyone ever done this, do u think its worth a shot to get some insight?

thanks in advance

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        You have nothing to lose to reach out to the port and ask some questions.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Larger ports tend to have a more formalized hiring presence. Reaching out to them might get you some answers.

• Hey Everyone!

I wanted to know if anyone on here has ever received an email from [email protected]?The email gave me my own user name and password. Its a legit email because I checked and verified everything but the thing is I have not received "The Call". I will be waiting until Monday and will call down to Fletc and CBP and try to get an update on my application. I also received an email inviting me to download the fletc Mobile App. I was just curious because I am 19-4 completed everything except for the drug test. I am also waiting on my background to be completed. I am currently at 63%. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. That is quick for you I am still waiting for my polygraph exam I’m in 19-2 hopefully soon. Good luck

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        I am also 19-4. I am sitting at 63%. Background was completed on Aug 6th still waiting on results and a drug test. I haven’t received anything from FLETC yet.
        Last edited by Chris Martin; 01-16-2020, 01:17 PM.

• bigal. Back in July, as soon as I got the passed on my polygraph I received an email from my recruiter congratulating me and had also sent me an attachment with FLETC Student Manual. I was so happy eventhough my background wasn't even at the beginning stage lol. Currently at 63%, met with BI in September and have not heard anything other than background is "in progress"
      Last edited by sory_ann; 01-12-2020, 06:27 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same thing happened with me and still waiting to clear background

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        sounds like a way recruiters try to lift the spirits of people during the wait.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        Recruiters? I must have gone about applying the wrong way! lol

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Anthropologist yea it's funny I see so many people not reach out to the recruiters listed on CBPs website. Mine was a really good contact when I needed to ask about the process or if I felt there was a snag anywhere.

• Hey guys. Finally took the drug test on 01/09/2020. Any idea how long it takes for it to clear? The nurse at the test facility says I should see results in 24-48 hours, but that seems kind of fast (especially with how long the hiring process takes).

just anxious since it is literally the very last thing i need to pass before I get the final offer. Almost 2 years since I applied and I’m just ready to start, lol.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm waiting like you, took drug on Jan 8, not cleared on cass yet... I never done drugs but still anxiously waiting,

• AJSIN0311
        AJSIN0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys! How the best for all of you too!

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the DT on 1/08/20. I thought i would wait 3 weeks at least for the call, but I am happy to say i got the call this morning!!!!! EOD July 1st! Academy dates 7/17/20-11/23/20 good luck y'all.

• AJSIN0311
        AJSIN0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        210CBPO Congrats man! Hopefully I’m not too far behind

• Hey all, Happy New Year!!!! Today marks 10 months since SI, still waiting for poly. I am 19-2 applying to EWR or JFK.
      Hopefully this year the process will go smoother.

Comment

• Matt Pombo
        Matt Pombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like we’re in the same boat except I’m 19-6. Good luck!!

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know if this true. But a buddy of mine poly was taking forever and he contacted his congressman, and after doing that he was given a poly date soon after. I haven't tried it. But I'm also only 5 months into it

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 we probably are in the same boat with the same case manager lol. We will get it soon.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent two separate emails regarding an update and both basically said the same thing. You're in line to be scheduled blah blah and, "The timeframe in which you are experiencing is within the range of normal. '

• Got The Call!!!!! Applied aug 2018. Was offered my hometown port Laredo. Eod 7/01/20 academy 7/17/20-11/23/20.anyone with same dates? Good luck to all and hang in there!!

Comment

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        Keee562 it cleared in beginning of November. Poly was in May, met BI in June.

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        210CBPO ok you was in background for a while I see

• CS11B1P
        CS11B1P commented
        Editing a comment
        210CBPO I also am on the same timeline as you. I was surprised the academy dates are so far away though. Sounds like I will see you in July!

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Cs11b1p awesome!! See you there!!

• Any 19-11 provisional applicants get the Poly scheduled yet? Going on 5 months, waiting on Poly, Drug and Background.

Comment

• How long usually for NOPA adjudication reply? It has been 2 weeks and still waiting? Thanks

Comment

• 210CBPO Congratulations! I also applied in August 2018, 18-10 applicant here. Now, time to sit back, relax and continue with the workout All the best!!!!

Comment

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!! I cant wait!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13401 users online. 408 members and 12993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X