Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fonzi7979 Originally announcement 18-10 San Francisco, CA. Also a BP applicant for the Arizona corridor. Later reapplied to 20-2 Newark, NJ. I lived in AZ many years ago then moved to NJ and I had plans to go back to AZ but my family and I decided it was better to stay in NJ for now and we can always transfer later on, assuming I get hired

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck it will all work out. I’m waiting for my Polygraph for JFK I’m in 19-2 announcement. How long after SI did you receive appointment for polygraph?

• fonzi7979 My SI was in Sep 2018 and Polygraph July 2019.....10 month!

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing that with me it’s giving me some hope that the next step is around the corner.

• What's area in NJ is good? sory_ann I'm searching around. It's little bit challenge for me because I have 2 small kids,

Comment

• What's up everyone, just received my nopa, now I gotta submit all documents and see what they say.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        What was the nopa for?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some debt that i had to cleared up.

• Hello all,

18-12 here. Took my poly in November of 2018 and met my investigator in June of 2019. It's been quiet ever since until today I received a call from CHS asking for something (they left a message and I couldn't understand them, will call tomorrow) so I decided to check my app and my background was clear! I assume to schedule the drug test or maybe redo medical because it's been so long?

Here's the 'problem,' I applied in August of 18 so while it's not as long as some here it's been quite the process. I recently got accepted for my states Counter Drug Task Force for the National Guard for 1 year. I start these orders next week, of course things that take years to evolve seem to come to head within a week of one another.

I hate to turn CBP down because I do want this job and I've waited so long and seem to be at the end of the process. Obviously, location has not been discussed and is a huge factor in my decision.

Any advice? I have orders in hand so they can hold my application but I feel like after a year I have to redo medical, poly, etc. I mine as well re-apply anyway. Is there any way I can do the drug test and discuss location and they can schedule me for the academy after my orders are up? As odd and ironic as this sounds, I don't want to string them along but I also don't want to turn down this opportunity.

Thank you!

Comment

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        They only thing they will make you do again is the medical. When they make you redo things again is when you re apply. If its for the Drug Test you are already in the clear.

• Original Application 18-12 GS9 San Francisco
      Equip: 08/2018 to OPR
      Fitness Exam: 09/2018 Cleared
      Medical Exam: 08/2018 Pending
      Structure Interview: 09/2018 Cleared
      Reapplied 19-6 GS9 Los Angeles
      Equip: 03/2019 to OPR
      Fitness Exam: 09/2018 Cleared
      Medical Exam: 05/2019 Cleared
      Structure Interview: 09/2018 Cleared
      Polygraph: 08/2019 Cleared
      Background Investigation: Pending; Adjudication last touch 12/2019
      Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Keee562 know the feeling not at drug but patiently waiting to scheduled for the polygraph since April 2019. You should be good to go soon. Good luck

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I was waiting for poly for 14 months... now I'm waiting on adjudication since November...

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        My polygraph date came a year exactly the date I applied

• sory_ann
        sory_ann commented
        Editing a comment
        I found out yesterday that my BI was last touched on 12/23/19. I was originally announcement 18-10 San Francisco, and reapplied to 20-2 Newark NJ.

• V_AntCBP there are pretty good areas and most important is if you and your family would be comfortable in this weather. I like Jersey a lot, cold weather...love it, just one very important down side is the cost of living. If you compare it with NY costs living here is a breeze. However, rent is high and properties are costly, the closer to the city (NY) the higher the prices are. There are great areas within 15-20 miles west of EWR ( Newark Airport) very clean, spacious properties, front lawn, backyards, very safe, and great for parents with little ones

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks sory_ann. Can you give me couple city names that you mentioned. 15 20 miles out so I can do research on them
        ... Appreciate it... Sound like those are my ideal locations....

• nickg317
        nickg317 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey guys, I am considering Newark as well and would definetly appreciate some names of cities to start my research!

Edit: nevermind i see the list further down!
        Last edited by nickg317; 01-09-2020, 03:06 PM.

• Hello good afternoon. I am announcement 18-4 with EOD 2/7 and FLETC 2/24-6/27. I currently have El Paso Texas as my port and wanted to see if anyone would be willing to trade. I’m from Laredo Texas and would love to come back to my town. Thank you!

Comment

• Finale selection email come in today. MEMPHIS TN on Feb. 3rd and FLETC feb. 20th....long process but the fun has only to begin

Comment

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost I chose Memphis only because it was neither north or the border..I'm from NC so it was the closest to me..I heard it is a Mega Hub for FedEx

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        klocklear86 I'm gonna be honest I feel better/safer walking around Detroit then I do most of Memphis.

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know it's not that bad lol man my country I live in is one of the worst in the state of NC. Robeson County...but I know they will be paying me good enough to live in a safe area

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        klocklear86 Maybe so, but I will say Memphis is #4 on both USATodays, and Forbes most violent cities of 2019 list. When I worked at my local SO I would hate doing transports to there from my county close to Nashville. Good luck all the same man. If possible I'd reach out to officers there and see what locations they would recommend to look at for homes.

• Got the Final Offer Letter, EOD 1/28 JFK and FLETC 2/12 class 520. Anyone gonna be in the same class?

Comment

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call around September. You receive your final offer letter 2-3 weeks before the eod date.

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I figured thanks

• moquito26
        moquito26 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was 17-10 also but failed the poly in Feb. of 18. Can finally reapply next month. Can't wait. Hopefully the new poly is a better test. The examiner told me after 8 hours of testing that I failed every section! That's when I knew the test was bull****.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        moquito26 8 hours of interrogation I am amazed of what I have been reading on this forum in regards to the polygraph exam... some say it was straight forward and others felt like it never ended.

• A shame they don't use credit scores as a way to pick people to take the polygraph - lol wishful thinking I suppose.
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be a great idea. I received an email from contact center my application is still open and waiting for my name to get to the top of the list to be scheduled.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you email them and specifically ask or they reached out to you?

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I emailed them to see where I stand and to see if my file has been requested from ICAD

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Which email did you use, might as well give it a try.

• V_AntCBP West of Newark, NJ you'll have Caldwell (West Caldwell, North Caldwell, Summit, Wayne, Cedar Grove ) South (Woodbridge, New Brunswick/South Brunswick. All these are more or less a 25 to 30 min drive. These are quiet areas..

Comment

• Yesterday I received one of those generic emails that my Background Investigation "is in process with the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR)"..."This investigation is being conducted to determine your suitability for CBP employment"....Announcement 18-10, met BI in September 2019.

Comment

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you make a query or was it a random email?

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also got the same email late August 2019, due to outreach I made. Announcement 18-6, met BI in October 2018. Currently at 63% on CASS.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear sorry_ann the process is moving along for you it seems like there will be light at end of the tunnel.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I left an email seeing if I could get OPR's number to see how it was going... they called me to tell me no and just wait patiently... they also sent me that generic email

• rmpee it was random!

Comment

• Yea I got one of those emails. Basically it's when they release your eqip to the next portion

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5641 users online. 327 members and 5314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X