Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V_AntCBP there are pretty good areas and most important is if you and your family would be comfortable in this weather. I like Jersey a lot, cold weather...love it, just one very important down side is the cost of living. If you compare it with NY costs living here is a breeze. However, rent is high and properties are costly, the closer to the city (NY) the higher the prices are. There are great areas within 15-20 miles west of EWR ( Newark Airport) very clean, spacious properties, front lawn, backyards, very safe, and great for parents with little ones

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks sory_ann. Can you give me couple city names that you mentioned. 15 20 miles out so I can do research on them
      ... Appreciate it... Sound like those are my ideal locations....

• nickg317
      nickg317 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey guys, I am considering Newark as well and would definetly appreciate some names of cities to start my research!

Edit: nevermind i see the list further down!
      Last edited by nickg317; 01-09-2020, 04:06 PM.

• Hello good afternoon. I am announcement 18-4 with EOD 2/7 and FLETC 2/24-6/27. I currently have El Paso Texas as my port and wanted to see if anyone would be willing to trade. I’m from Laredo Texas and would love to come back to my town. Thank you!

Comment

• Finale selection email come in today. MEMPHIS TN on Feb. 3rd and FLETC feb. 20th....long process but the fun has only to begin

Comment

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost I chose Memphis only because it was neither north or the border..I'm from NC so it was the closest to me..I heard it is a Mega Hub for FedEx

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      klocklear86 I'm gonna be honest I feel better/safer walking around Detroit then I do most of Memphis.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know it's not that bad lol man my country I live in is one of the worst in the state of NC. Robeson County...but I know they will be paying me good enough to live in a safe area

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      klocklear86 Maybe so, but I will say Memphis is #4 on both USATodays, and Forbes most violent cities of 2019 list. When I worked at my local SO I would hate doing transports to there from my county close to Nashville. Good luck all the same man. If possible I'd reach out to officers there and see what locations they would recommend to look at for homes.

• Got the Final Offer Letter, EOD 1/28 JFK and FLETC 2/12 class 520. Anyone gonna be in the same class?

Comment

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the call around September. You receive your final offer letter 2-3 weeks before the eod date.

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I figured thanks

• moquito26
      moquito26 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was 17-10 also but failed the poly in Feb. of 18. Can finally reapply next month. Can't wait. Hopefully the new poly is a better test. The examiner told me after 8 hours of testing that I failed every section! That's when I knew the test was bull****.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      moquito26 8 hours of interrogation I am amazed of what I have been reading on this forum in regards to the polygraph exam... some say it was straight forward and others felt like it never ended.

• A shame they don't use credit scores as a way to pick people to take the polygraph - lol wishful thinking I suppose.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be a great idea. I received an email from contact center my application is still open and waiting for my name to get to the top of the list to be scheduled.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you email them and specifically ask or they reached out to you?

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed them to see where I stand and to see if my file has been requested from ICAD

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Which email did you use, might as well give it a try.

• V_AntCBP West of Newark, NJ you'll have Caldwell (West Caldwell, North Caldwell, Summit, Wayne, Cedar Grove ) South (Woodbridge, New Brunswick/South Brunswick. All these are more or less a 25 to 30 min drive. These are quiet areas..

Comment

• Yesterday I received one of those generic emails that my Background Investigation "is in process with the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR)"..."This investigation is being conducted to determine your suitability for CBP employment"....Announcement 18-10, met BI in September 2019.

Comment

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you make a query or was it a random email?

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also got the same email late August 2019, due to outreach I made. Announcement 18-6, met BI in October 2018. Currently at 63% on CASS.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear sorry_ann the process is moving along for you it seems like there will be light at end of the tunnel.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      I left an email seeing if I could get OPR's number to see how it was going... they called me to tell me no and just wait patiently... they also sent me that generic email

• rmpee it was random!

Comment

• Yea I got one of those emails. Basically it's when they release your eqip to the next portion

Comment

• TsFost Well, I had met with my BI back in September 2019, and the field portion was completed. Hopefully that "next portion" means that is close to being adjudicated... Amen!

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          sory_ann you are there just stay positive it will all work out.

• fonzi7979 Lol Thank you! Your polygraph examination is coming soon!!!! and Amen to that!

Comment

• Just got another call from my background investigator. He said we must have gotten a tough manager because she's still hung up on past dates of employment. Everyone make sure that your dates are on point. I said leave used to be horrible with keeping track of dates for anything which meant that I had to guess on a lot of them. Even after getting all of them worked out during the actual sit down background investigation Hart the manager still isn't convinced on signing off just yet. Hopefully after tonight's clarification call things can finish up my investigators said this should be the final call that I receive from him. Let's hope

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn man, TsFost they are really tough on those details huh, when I did my eqip. I only had 7 days to gather everything... I was scared of screwing up dates too.... Hopefully this will be a last call from them for you too man,

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP I hope so. He said this want to fix my starting date and that he's never known CBP to not hire anyone over some mist work dates. Still it always makes you worried when they keep coming back to the same stuff over and over. As I've gotten older I've definitely gotten better about my records just wish I could go back until past me to get on top of it sooners I'm using talk to text so I apologize for any run-on sentences or miss spellings. I was hoping everything was about done since they called me a couple weeks ago to confirm my new pay grade. But I guess it's still awaiting final abjucation

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha yeah man, definitely try to organize them important documents, buy a big binder with slots, and with plastic sleeves, my mom did that for my old documents, all the new documents, travels, court papers, birth certificates, financial blah blah of my family, wife and kids, I manage those well too. that's how I could gather everything in under 7 days... It seems not important all the time but when you need it, shot, crazy looking for them... TsFost

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            The part I hate is I EOD in less then 3 months and there's still stuff up in the air. Hopefully it chills soon because it gets to ya lol.

• Looks like OPM got the boot, DOD is doing all federal backgrounds now. Supposed to be moving the process overall faster.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            standtheman that’s what I was thinking usually polygraph comes first before the field investigation it may have changed since DOD took over it would be nice get through the process quicker this way. Who knows until I complete the polygraph I’m sitting duck for now.

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I was announcement 19-10. I'm not sure how their investigation process works with the CBP specific side of things, but all that remains is the background, polygraph and drug test. I already work for DHS, so that might make a difference (who knows?).

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            does not make a difference, I work for DHS and ive been in the process for 2 years still...

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            thelonelybum Ouch. Two years is beyond ridiculous!

• So I had my Poly yesterday, and I won’t get into it due to the NDA, but I got hit with one of those I didn’t fail, but the examiner said I will definitely have to be retested. Overall the examiner was nice throughout most the testing, now I just have to wait for Quality Control (QC) to determine if I have to redo the whole thing, or certain parts, or even if I passed. I will post the results once I get them.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokeScreen07 lol yeah. Too relaxed is a problem. They can't get a good read.. Therefore they don't know when or if you are lying... You could be clean as heck, or you could be trained to beat the poly... They don't know... So best is to weed you out... Just in case, you know what I mean... I know a couple people got trouble because too calm too relaxed...you just have to be calmed or reactions when need to.... Haha

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 Yea I'm not worried, it is what it is. If I have to go back and redo it, that's fine. I want the job, so I'm willing to be put through the grinder, lol.

V_AntCBP I understand, but my point to the examiner was, if I'm being honest and telling the truth why wouldn't I be relaxed. But like you said they don't know you, or know if you're a good person, trained to deceive, or someone who will betray them. Like I said, I'm just gonna wait and see what QC says and take it from there.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just need to be positive and it will all work out.

• Chris Martin
            Chris Martin commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve been in law enforcement 9 years and had to take the poly twice. Hang in there

• MrAce how do you know OPM isn’t doing the BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2984 users online. 127 members and 2857 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X