Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalan how you did on your poly bro.

Comment

• Okay, I don't get it. How is it that I'm a 19-10 normal hire and scheduled for a polygraph already, while some of the applicants have been waiting in the queue for a year or longer? I have an acquaintance in CBP and he said I'd be waiting about 10 more months when I talked to him last week. Is there no rhyme or reason to the scheduling process?

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy about getting word on the polygraph!

EDIT - Do they only really start the background investigation process after the polygraph is completed?
      Last edited by Anthropologist; 01-04-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man

I completely agree with you; it isn't fair at all! I fully expected to be waiting at least a year. Hopefully CBP will start scheduling more of the earlier applicants for polygraphs soon. Maybe they are finally catching up on the backlog or something.

BTW, Thanks for the best wishes! I hope you get your polygraph scheduled soon!

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't think that fairness is ever much of a consideration within CBP. It isn't.

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait you're already scheduled for the poly? I'm 19-10 too. Sheesh, nice

• Vairon89
        Vairon89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 17 month on the list and my medical haven't clear yet

• I have a question.... does anyone know if the announcement(s) that you applied for and the locations within that announcement are what you can only consider?

Comment

• I know I asked if there was anyone from the Chicago area here and I got no responses. Now I'm asking is there anyone here that works in the midwest? If so, can you give me a PM?

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm around the chicago area, but don't post much here

• For those that were scheduled polygraphs rather quickly *5 months or less* - how did you score on the entrance exam?
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          There was no exam required for GS-09 applicants.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Passed the exam. they didn't give a score. then reapplied GS9. Got my poly 3 months after the entrance exam was taken for the initial GS7 position.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          November 2018 -Applied
          May 2019- poly scheduled
          June 2019- 1st poly
          July 2019- 2 poly passed

No entrance exam taken. I qualified for GS 9

• Walla183
          Walla183 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also did not receive a score, but simply you passed on my NOR.

• For those that have taken the polygraph, what did you guys wear?. I have mine this Thursday, and it says to dress comfortably. I was planning on wearing dress shoes and dress pants with a nice v-neck dress sweater.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          SmokeScreen07 where are you taking the polygraph. What location are you looking to work out of.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 I'm taking the Poly in Dedham, MA. I live in Long Island, NY and I'm looking to get assigned to JFK.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing did you select MA as I am from NYC queens and selected JFK for the exam and I been waiting since April 2019. Good luck to you.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 I originally got an email from the examiner, who is located there. She advised if I declined, the wait in downstate NY could be 6 months or longer, because they are backed up. So I chose to take that location.

• 60credits in criminal justice with 2 years law enforcement experience enough?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll say yes.

You should qualify for the BP just based on 1 year of your work experience. You should also qualify for OFO based on both your work experience and education…blended together.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          You can easily make GS7 when you apply with that background. I went in with 2 associates and the same amount of LE work and applied GS7. Then reapplied GS9 just to see what happened and got it approved.

• jahson83
          jahson83 commented
          Editing a comment
          thx fellas

• How long after your background cleared, you got drug test? Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          how irony, 210CBPO I just got the drug call too... haha yayyyyy

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats on both of you!!! Hope i get my BI Adjudication cleared!

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          How long you been waiting for adjudication? I waited 3.5 months for mine jcsaenz3

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Best of luck! Keep me posted on the call and dates of EOD and port location! Maybe we'll see each other at the academy!

• So I applied back about four months ago. Was still going through medical. Already did the polygraph and passed. While in the process of background, they found something that was completely disclosed to then on the application and the polygraph, but was not 100% finished. For this they send me an email saying that I was found unsuitable at this time but I am welcome to reapply anytime.
        When this is all done next month, I am going to apply again but I’m wondering if I would have to take the polygraph again and do everything over, or just pick up from where I left off.
        I don’t want to post what it is on here in a public forum but you’re welcome to message me for details. -thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          If you did everything 4 months ago, it means those exams are still valid, they will reappear as "completed" when you reapply.
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-06-2020, 09:45 AM.

• 19-12 here 50%
        Just got the call for Polygraph !

Comment

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Im not a TSO, but i am in Orlando. Im in college lol US Army vet so im a VRA applicant. maybe that made a difference Florida_Man

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thatoneguyoh i applied on 9/9/19 , did SI in october 8th, medical that same week of SI , so its been about 3/4 months since i applied

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I got scheduled for the end of this month. I’ll keep you guys updated. Im excited but we’ll see how it goes

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah i applied to the 19-10, all my stuff was done with 2 weeks, just waiting on poly and background and dr yours went by super quick

• Working Day 23 of adjudication... the nights are short and the days are long... alas the green check still eludes me. I fear the crew may grow weary if there's no signs soon.

Don't mind my lack of boredom and dramatic comment. I just wish I knew what was going on.

It sucks only because I have 3 weddings out of town to attend and I don't want to get stuck having to cut my time short to fly back for a drug test. Also my kid is almost 6 months so giving how they're putting everyone into academy dates in May, I don't want to miss her first birthday.

Timeline:
        Application - 12/2017
        SI - 2/2018
        Physical - 3/2018
        Medical - 6/2018
        1st Poly - 7/2019
        2nd Poly - 8/2019
        Meet with BGI - 9/2019
        2nd BGI interviews - 10/2019
        Packet sent for adjudication - 11/2019
        BG Completion - TBD
        Drug Test - TBD
        EOD - TBD

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          I just figured I'd continue as I didn't want to withdraw from it and leave things half finished

• NachoLaw
          NachoLaw commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in the same time frame as you...Applied under 18-10 in July 2018. Waiting patiently on the final adjudication. Every 30 days I email the hiring center and keep getting the same reply that my background is being actively worked on. Hope that you will get the call soon to continue on

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          My BI sent in my background mid July and I'm still waiting on adjudication. I think you'll be good

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair I applied a month before him.

• 19-12 here
        Applied -09/23/19
        Fitness- 10/09/19
        Med- 10/04/19
        SI- 10/15/19
        Poly- 01/16/20
        Eqip- 11/14/19 (final submission) was returned 3 times to me.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Is this direct hire?

• okcost2
          okcost2 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, just normal 5/7

• Does anyone have an average turn around for an answer from QC? I took my poly on Nov 14, 2019. I was told the test went well with an exception to one question that was "inconsistent" . I was told I was a good candidate but I had to wait for QC's decision. Anybody else in my situation or had been? I contacted my hiring center rep and he basically said what I already knew,"have to wait for OPR to answer me and that he did not have any updates on polygraph". BI started back in July (credit report pulled)
        Thanks and good luck to all in the "process".

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Why'd they pull your credit report prior to passing the polygraph?

• SAS-CBPO
          SAS-CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know.

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          Others have posted that their credit was pulled before the poly and again after during the BI.

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          They pulled my credit in june, poly in November, BI interview in December pulled credit again, second BI in January... waiting on results

• My credit was again pulled on the 3rd of this month. CBP did it prior to meeting with BI, back in August, then my Investigator i. September and just today I got another notice. Its a good sign because they are working on it, I just get annoyed and tired because I feel like they are looking for Mr/Mrs Perfect!

Comment

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          This might sound like a stupid question but how do you know when they pulled your credit ??? My BI told me he did back in September before my Polygraph. We went over everything on there. I continue to check my EXPERIAN CREDIT App and nothing is showing. Do you guys use something else ???

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I would imagine Credit Karma would give an alert.

• jcsaenz3 I get letter notices from the credit agencies that "such and such" has requested it. corsair I don't know about Credit Karma, I don't trust that company, I have heard from government agencies that your ss# and personal information is shared with third parties.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13938 users online. 426 members and 13512 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X