Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So really important question..Iam currently 22 years old. I currently have a federal job in homeland security (non law enforcement). When i filled out my background i told them i never smoked marijuana (big mistake). I was just young and scared to put it down. Now I am currently waiting for a CBP polygraph. Is it worth it to continue?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would continue and disclose it you have nothing to lose and you can always reapply.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      im going to tell you right now..if you admit on that poly you did drugs...but answered no to drugs on your original sf86 you probably will be fired from your current job...i know for a fact...you probably work for tsa...ive seen it first hand
      Last edited by Evolution81; 01-07-2020, 08:48 PM.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      jjsince97 - before you remove yourself from the CBP process, contact your BI / case manager and explain the situation, be 100% up front and gain their input. Everyone's input is valuable here, however, they aren't CBP.

• Evolution81 thats crazy man. You dont think they have any leniency when it comes to that? So basically i have no way to pass..

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the leniency is you telling them upfront

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      A polygraph is a tool.. it is not fullproof....you burned yourself lying.... being a leo is about integrity... should've told the truth the first time... you could've probably still got the job if you admitted to smoking weed...

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      jjsince97 hey man, being young and making mistskes are ok, but you need to understand there will be consequences, in this case, you lied on the sf86, and by showing hesitant in your mind now, you Will show reactions during poly, failing poly gonna cost you 2 years wait plus like Evolition81 said, you could lose your current job too. I suggest you voluntary withdraw your application, wait a little bit, reapply and say yes on the drug use,you may still get the job, or stay clean for 3 years, I think that's the question, have you ever used drug in the last 3 years. Then apply again, this time you can answer No drug use, because now if you keep going, and admit to the poly examiner all of these, you will fail man. Think about it man, you still young, still have time to correct your mistakes. And who knows if they gonna blacklisted you as lying so next time when you apply something, it's gonna show..... Good luck to you man,
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-08-2020, 05:21 AM.

• fedco95
      fedco95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am guessing you are TSA, had a good friend who tried for Air marshals, another for CBP, they said no to weed or anything on the sf-86 admitted to doing it on the marshal and cbp sf-86 and poly. They failed and within two years after a long investigation were fired and disbarred from any federal job. It might not happen over night but they will investigate and when the stack gets to you it isn't good. try to move up in your current agency. However integrity is foremost, good luck.

• corsair right... but this was like the first real job ive had and i didnt think telling my employer ive smoked weed was the right thing to do . Cant go back and change it though so idk

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can always not continue this application and reapply from the beginning to a new announcement and you have time on your side.

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with others. Right now applying for the position isn't in your best interest and you need time and good decision making to mitigate what's on the table right now. Good luck.

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      Well even if you withdraw your application and reapply, they will compare both questionnaires and eqip and thus ask why you said no on one and yes in the other. Always be truthful.

• I'm wondering if I should change my poly locations. I chose st.paul, mn but they dont have a full time poly there. They would have to tdy someone. Has anyone taken the poly at st.paul?

Comment

• Today marks 507 days since I got my NOR and still waiting.......The good news is that I am in the background investigation phase and who knows how much longer I will continue to wait ....

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn that's a long wait

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess the wait continues. If you do not mind to share what location are you looking to be at. I feel you the wait is rather long so I guess I will be in the same boat just waiting to be scheduled for my polygraph exam and seems like it is no where near being soon. Hopefully I am wrong and I receive the appointment soon.

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        625 days for me.

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        756 days since NOR

• Originally posted by jjsince97 View Post
      So really important question..Iam currently 22 years old. I currently have a federal job in homeland security (non law enforcement). When i filled out my background i told them i never smoked marijuana (big mistake). I was just young and scared to put it down. Now I am currently waiting for a CBP polygraph. Is it worth it to continue?
      Saved for the Background Investigators.

Comment

Evolution81 thats crazy man. You dont think they have any leniency when it comes to that? So basically i have no way to pass..

Comment

corsair right... but this was like the first real job ive had and i didnt think telling my employer ive smoked weed was the right thing to do . Cant go back and change it though so idk

Comment

• merlin436 lmaooo

Comment

• fonzi7979 Originally announcement 18-10 San Francisco, CA. Also a BP applicant for the Arizona corridor. Later reapplied to 20-2 Newark, NJ. I lived in AZ many years ago then moved to NJ and I had plans to go back to AZ but my family and I decided it was better to stay in NJ for now and we can always transfer later on, assuming I get hired

Comment

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck it will all work out. I’m waiting for my Polygraph for JFK I’m in 19-2 announcement. How long after SI did you receive appointment for polygraph?

• fonzi7979 My SI was in Sep 2018 and Polygraph July 2019.....10 month!

Comment

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for sharing that with me it’s giving me some hope that the next step is around the corner.

• What's area in NJ is good? sory_ann I'm searching around. It's little bit challenge for me because I have 2 small kids,

Comment

• What's up everyone, just received my nopa, now I gotta submit all documents and see what they say.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
                  Thatoneguyoh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What was the nopa for?

• Hal29
                  Hal29 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some debt that i had to cleared up.

• Hello all,

18-12 here. Took my poly in November of 2018 and met my investigator in June of 2019. It's been quiet ever since until today I received a call from CHS asking for something (they left a message and I couldn't understand them, will call tomorrow) so I decided to check my app and my background was clear! I assume to schedule the drug test or maybe redo medical because it's been so long?

Here's the 'problem,' I applied in August of 18 so while it's not as long as some here it's been quite the process. I recently got accepted for my states Counter Drug Task Force for the National Guard for 1 year. I start these orders next week, of course things that take years to evolve seem to come to head within a week of one another.

I hate to turn CBP down because I do want this job and I've waited so long and seem to be at the end of the process. Obviously, location has not been discussed and is a huge factor in my decision.

Any advice? I have orders in hand so they can hold my application but I feel like after a year I have to redo medical, poly, etc. I mine as well re-apply anyway. Is there any way I can do the drug test and discuss location and they can schedule me for the academy after my orders are up? As odd and ironic as this sounds, I don't want to string them along but I also don't want to turn down this opportunity.

Thank you!

Comment

• jcsaenz3
                  jcsaenz3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They only thing they will make you do again is the medical. When they make you redo things again is when you re apply. If its for the Drug Test you are already in the clear.

• Original Application 18-12 GS9 San Francisco
                Equip: 08/2018 to OPR
                Fitness Exam: 09/2018 Cleared
                Medical Exam: 08/2018 Pending
                Structure Interview: 09/2018 Cleared
                Reapplied 19-6 GS9 Los Angeles
                Equip: 03/2019 to OPR
                Fitness Exam: 09/2018 Cleared
                Medical Exam: 05/2019 Cleared
                Structure Interview: 09/2018 Cleared
                Polygraph: 08/2019 Cleared
                Background Investigation: Pending; Adjudication last touch 12/2019
                Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• fonzi7979
                  fonzi7979 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keee562 know the feeling not at drug but patiently waiting to scheduled for the polygraph since April 2019. You should be good to go soon. Good luck

• thelonelybum
                  thelonelybum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was waiting for poly for 14 months... now I'm waiting on adjudication since November...

• Keee562
                  Keee562 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My polygraph date came a year exactly the date I applied

• sory_ann
                  sory_ann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found out yesterday that my BI was last touched on 12/23/19. I was originally announcement 18-10 San Francisco, and reapplied to 20-2 Newark NJ.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6009 users online. 307 members and 5702 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X