Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone on here been successful with a medical waiver concerning vision? I was about 5 points off the minimum required to a DHS officer.
    I am also current/prior law enforcement so fingers, and literally just waiting for them to approve my waiver in January. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Wondering how much longer it will be before my background clears or at least hoping to hear something soon
      CBPO DH 19-7

Applied- 04-08-2019 approx. ✅

Fitness- 05-21-2019 ✅

Medical- 07-20-2017 ✅

Eqip- 06-18-2019 ✅

Interview- 02-08-2018 ✅

Polygraph- 10-04-2018 ✅

Met W/ BI- 09-25-2019 ✅

Background- In Progress

Drug Test- Pending

Final Offer- Pending

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, slow down, wait for your turn man.... Lol. JK, congrats on flying thru, you are going crazy fast... It's several months in since your background submitted, you should hear something soon man....
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-29-2019, 07:45 PM.

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        So wait a minute, McFly...you applied in April of 2019 and did the medical in 2017. Then you were interviewed and poly'd in 2018? Now i see how this Direct Hire process is moving so fast...time travel!!!

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol.. yeah I think those dates might be wrong

• JT-CBPO
        JT-CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        I had applied back in 2017 but due to some information I left out of the eqip I was found unsuitable and reapplied so that’s why the dates are a bit off because some parts are still valid from the previous application
        Last edited by JT-CBPO; 01-07-2020, 05:54 PM.

• Haha I had applied almost 2 years ago but due to some information i forgot to put on my Eqip I was forced to reapply to fix the errors so that’s why I was cleared on a few steps before I reapplied this April

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        oh ok, sounds better now..haha. I was like I'm 18-8 and still waiting ..what the heck this guy doing...lmao... JT-CBPO I know someone had to reapply like you... and hes still waiting his tail off... good luck man, hope you get cleared soon
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-30-2019, 06:35 AM.

• AverageGuy
        AverageGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        So were you found unsuitable the first time out of curiosity ? And did they send you a NOPA for the missing or incorrect information ?

• Alright guys I got hit with a NOPA and responded to it. Any guidance on what my next steps should be? Who should I call? How often? How long it takes to clear?

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Shouldn't call anyone, just submit it and wait. Cass will update

• Reinier Perez
        Reinier Perez commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Do you know about how long it takes for them to adjudicate it?

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you get a NOPA if you don’t mind me asking ???

• Just out of curiosity, did everyone who went through a background investigation have their family members contacted? They never contacted my family, but my investigation was turned in for adjudication.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah they came to my house, thelonelybum I told him about couple foreign trips we made on Eqip, he saw pictures on the wall and asked my wife about those to see if stories match maybe? lol... Maybe its a good thing for you...they don't have any thing suspect about you....dont worry about it man...its different for everyone the way they process things so...
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-31-2019, 08:33 AM.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        not worried, just curious about the process for everyone. Curious why certain people get more than others. My background, been to 5 countries, non military, wife was born in Vietnam, college kid, worked at the airport for 4 years, no drugs, most friends and people I hang out with are law enforcement. Funny because they contacted one of them and not the others on my references, but contacted people I knew from 5th grade and preschool.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        thelonelybum haha we are relative man, I married a Vietnamese woman too, damn thats crazy that they asked people from preschool and 5th grade... did you give them the contact info or they dug it out somehow?

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I gave them someone I knew from preschool who I keep in contact with and they asked if they knew anyone that's still in contact with me, and she gave the person I knew from 5th grade, both phone interviews tho.

• @ all on this forum I will like to wish a healthy and Happy New Year. I hope that this long process moves smoothly for all and good luck to all.

Comment

• 19-4
        Background investigator called yesterday for a second interview for Friday. Said he needed to go over some employment found on my credit (they pulled Equifax report twice, once in June and then again in December). Also, apparently I had more than one investigator and they had to confront me about something found in the field portion of the investigation. Wondering what in the world that could ever be since they only interviewed my ex wife, one reference and my employers. I'm stumped... has anyone else had any experience with this?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah man, my background is not great, missed payments (ex fked me over) lol, foreclosure on a house, and the Michigan thing I mentioned above, but all explained with investigator, and forclosured took care in court, I showed them court papers, if your ex played nice, and you took care of your debts, you are good to go bro, some exes just ****ed off and lie to screw you up, you know what I mean....i think It could simply be a mistake, something minor thing they found not matched with your eqip, they want to clarify... You will be fine bro,

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          I really hope the meeting is as simple as just a little clarifying what was found. He did mention he would only need about 10-15 mins of my time which is much shorter than the original meeting of a Hour and a half. I know if I get past this I'm gonna do a back flip for sure!!! Lol

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          lol you will be ok man, just 10 15 mins meaning just some minor thing they want to clarify.... keep us posted man....

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          Met with the background investigator for the second time today. Just went over my travels outside the US, driving history incident, and some employment that showed up on my credit that was out of scope. Praying I hear good news and get that green check mark!!!!

• To Catch A Smuggler is back on NATGEO and it’s on right TV right now if anybody is interested. It’s a great showing of the job & how US CBP collaborates with ICE HSI

Comment

• Sorry to myself but good news for you guys I guess. I gave up after a year and a half of not hearing a single word. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Why is that good news for us? Confusing. By giving up what does that mean? You don't need to withdraw... So you're still waiting but maybe less enthusiastically?

• Hello everyone I am posting this for any CBP officers in the Detroit area.
          I I start my two week training at my home post on April 30th till May 15th. I am moving from Tampa Florida to Detroit for the job therefore I do not have a house or an apartment in Michigan yet. I was told that some CBP officers open their homes to new employees..., after calculating, going there for 2 weeks with airfare renting a car and hotel/air bnb stay would be over $1,500, which is outrageous. If anyone in the area can private message me and give me some tips please, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            You could get a hotel for the first couple days. Meet the other people in your class and work something out with them for the rest of the 2 weeks. Odds are majority are already from the Detroit Metro area.

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Search Romulus, MI as DTW Airport is not actually in Detroit...

• Beaueeeazy
            Beaueeeazy commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm have the exact start dates, but I'm at Los Angeles LAX. I guessing we might be in the same class going into academy. You're the 1st person I saw with the april 30 may 15 dates.

• SheepDogg
            SheepDogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Beaueeeazy Hi. My EOD for LAX is on April 28th. I report the Academy on May 13th.

• 19-3 STILL waiting for the damn polygraph. Not looking like it will happen any time soon.. Anybody get contacted for a polygraph recently from 19-3 posting? If so what location did you pick?

Comment

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            @Floria_man. same here bro. waitting over a year and no sign of the damn poly .....

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            19-10 - I just got an email scheduling my polygraph for the beginning of next month. My location was Philadelphia. The funny part is that I just moved to D.C. to start a different position with DHS.

• I’m 19-2 for JFK and I am also waiting to be scheduled the polygraph exam.

Comment

• 19-12 announcement. Got scheduled for my Polygraph. Not sure I can pass one but glad I don't have to wait forever to find out.
            It's only been a little more than 2 months since my interview so I'm surprised I was contacted so soon.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats I been waiting already for 8 mos still have not been scheduled.

• DrigoCBP
              DrigoCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s insane lol im 19-12 as well currently at 50%. Hopefully i get the call for poly soon. Im in Orlando

• Hey Everyone. 19-10 here still at 50% and waiting for my poly. I was wondering if a new fast track announcement is available later can I apply for that and everything I currently have will transfer over?

Comment

• Moises Acosta
              Moises Acosta commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey McCoolCloud, I'm 19-10 as well and only need the drug test. My Background just got the Amazing to see "Green Check". Hopefully I can get the drug test scheduled here soon. Do you happen to know or heard how long after you get all the green checks it takes to get the final offer?

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              I think one of the requirements of fast track is... You are not already in hiring process... But check with recruiter, they may make exceptions

• Hey ya'll ....19-10, just got the green check on my Background. Only need the drug test. Does anyone know how long after completing all steps of the application process it takes to get the final offer?

Comment

• AJSIN0311
              AJSIN0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              I met with my background guy twice. First time was September 13th, 2019 and the last time was October 15th. I just got the green check on my background on Friday January 3rd. He said it was because a third party contractor had to look over all the little things, but he knew I passed and was just waiting for the system to do it’s thing. So it can take a couple months, but that’s how it’s been with me. Hurry up to do something just to wait another 3 months to hear something.

• MissAmitious
              MissAmitious commented
              Editing a comment
              AJSIN0311 thank you for the info! I've been waiting 8 months now since my sit down with my investigator. I'm hoping to get the green light this month. Folks seem to average around 8 months from what I've read. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the remainder of the process!!

• AJSIN0311
              AJSIN0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              MissAmitious no problem. My background guy took about 6 months to finally reach out after my polygraph so sounds about right lol. Hope all goes well with you too!

• Moises Acosta
              Moises Acosta commented
              Editing a comment
              MissAmitious it took 17 months for my background to clear. Finished meeting with my investigator back on August 2018 and just got the green check in December.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8305 users online. 452 members and 7853 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X