300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-4
    Background investigator called yesterday for a second interview for Friday. Said he needed to go over some employment found on my credit (they pulled Equifax report twice, once in June and then again in December). Also, apparently I had more than one investigator and they had to confront me about something found in the field portion of the investigation. Wondering what in the world that could ever be since they only interviewed my ex wife, one reference and my employers. I'm stumped... has anyone else had any experience with this?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah man, my background is not great, missed payments (ex fked me over) lol, foreclosure on a house, and the Michigan thing I mentioned above, but all explained with investigator, and forclosured took care in court, I showed them court papers, if your ex played nice, and you took care of your debts, you are good to go bro, some exes just ****ed off and lie to screw you up, you know what I mean....i think It could simply be a mistake, something minor thing they found not matched with your eqip, they want to clarify... You will be fine bro,

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope the meeting is as simple as just a little clarifying what was found. He did mention he would only need about 10-15 mins of my time which is much shorter than the original meeting of a Hour and a half. I know if I get past this I'm gonna do a back flip for sure!!! Lol

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      lol you will be ok man, just 10 15 mins meaning just some minor thing they want to clarify.... keep us posted man....

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      Met with the background investigator for the second time today. Just went over my travels outside the US, driving history incident, and some employment that showed up on my credit that was out of scope. Praying I hear good news and get that green check mark!!!!

• To Catch A Smuggler is back on NATGEO and it’s on right TV right now if anybody is interested. It’s a great showing of the job & how US CBP collaborates with ICE HSI

Comment

• Sorry to myself but good news for you guys I guess. I gave up after a year and a half of not hearing a single word. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        Why is that good news for us? Confusing. By giving up what does that mean? You don't need to withdraw... So you're still waiting but maybe less enthusiastically?

• Hello everyone I am posting this for any CBP officers in the Detroit area.
      I I start my two week training at my home post on April 30th till May 15th. I am moving from Tampa Florida to Detroit for the job therefore I do not have a house or an apartment in Michigan yet. I was told that some CBP officers open their homes to new employees..., after calculating, going there for 2 weeks with airfare renting a car and hotel/air bnb stay would be over $1,500, which is outrageous. If anyone in the area can private message me and give me some tips please, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        You could get a hotel for the first couple days. Meet the other people in your class and work something out with them for the rest of the 2 weeks. Odds are majority are already from the Detroit Metro area.

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Search Romulus, MI as DTW Airport is not actually in Detroit...

• Beaueeeazy
        Beaueeeazy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm have the exact start dates, but I'm at Los Angeles LAX. I guessing we might be in the same class going into academy. You're the 1st person I saw with the april 30 may 15 dates.

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Beaueeeazy Hi. My EOD for LAX is on April 28th. I report the Academy on May 13th.

• 19-3 STILL waiting for the damn polygraph. Not looking like it will happen any time soon.. Anybody get contacted for a polygraph recently from 19-3 posting? If so what location did you pick?

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        @Floria_man. same here bro. waitting over a year and no sign of the damn poly .....

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        19-10 - I just got an email scheduling my polygraph for the beginning of next month. My location was Philadelphia. The funny part is that I just moved to D.C. to start a different position with DHS.

• I’m 19-2 for JFK and I am also waiting to be scheduled the polygraph exam.

Comment

• 19-12 announcement. Got scheduled for my Polygraph. Not sure I can pass one but glad I don't have to wait forever to find out.
        It's only been a little more than 2 months since my interview so I'm surprised I was contacted so soon.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats I been waiting already for 8 mos still have not been scheduled.

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s insane lol im 19-12 as well currently at 50%. Hopefully i get the call for poly soon. Im in Orlando

• Hey Everyone. 19-10 here still at 50% and waiting for my poly. I was wondering if a new fast track announcement is available later can I apply for that and everything I currently have will transfer over?

Comment

• Moises Acosta
          Moises Acosta commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey McCoolCloud, I'm 19-10 as well and only need the drug test. My Background just got the Amazing to see "Green Check". Hopefully I can get the drug test scheduled here soon. Do you happen to know or heard how long after you get all the green checks it takes to get the final offer?

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I think one of the requirements of fast track is... You are not already in hiring process... But check with recruiter, they may make exceptions

• Hey ya'll ....19-10, just got the green check on my Background. Only need the drug test. Does anyone know how long after completing all steps of the application process it takes to get the final offer?

Comment

• AJSIN0311
          AJSIN0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          I met with my background guy twice. First time was September 13th, 2019 and the last time was October 15th. I just got the green check on my background on Friday January 3rd. He said it was because a third party contractor had to look over all the little things, but he knew I passed and was just waiting for the system to do it’s thing. So it can take a couple months, but that’s how it’s been with me. Hurry up to do something just to wait another 3 months to hear something.

• MissAmitious
          MissAmitious commented
          Editing a comment
          AJSIN0311 thank you for the info! I've been waiting 8 months now since my sit down with my investigator. I'm hoping to get the green light this month. Folks seem to average around 8 months from what I've read. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the remainder of the process!!

• AJSIN0311
          AJSIN0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          MissAmitious no problem. My background guy took about 6 months to finally reach out after my polygraph so sounds about right lol. Hope all goes well with you too!

• Moises Acosta
          Moises Acosta commented
          Editing a comment
          MissAmitious it took 17 months for my background to clear. Finished meeting with my investigator back on August 2018 and just got the green check in December.

• dalan how you did on your poly bro.

Comment

• Okay, I don't get it. How is it that I'm a 19-10 normal hire and scheduled for a polygraph already, while some of the applicants have been waiting in the queue for a year or longer? I have an acquaintance in CBP and he said I'd be waiting about 10 more months when I talked to him last week. Is there no rhyme or reason to the scheduling process?

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy about getting word on the polygraph!

EDIT - Do they only really start the background investigation process after the polygraph is completed?
          Last edited by Anthropologist; 01-04-2020, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man

I completely agree with you; it isn't fair at all! I fully expected to be waiting at least a year. Hopefully CBP will start scheduling more of the earlier applicants for polygraphs soon. Maybe they are finally catching up on the backlog or something.

BTW, Thanks for the best wishes! I hope you get your polygraph scheduled soon!

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't think that fairness is ever much of a consideration within CBP. It isn't.

• Thatoneguyoh
            Thatoneguyoh commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait you're already scheduled for the poly? I'm 19-10 too. Sheesh, nice

• Vairon89
            Vairon89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 17 month on the list and my medical haven't clear yet

• I have a question.... does anyone know if the announcement(s) that you applied for and the locations within that announcement are what you can only consider?

Comment

• I know I asked if there was anyone from the Chicago area here and I got no responses. Now I'm asking is there anyone here that works in the midwest? If so, can you give me a PM?

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm around the chicago area, but don't post much here

• For those that were scheduled polygraphs rather quickly *5 months or less* - how did you score on the entrance exam?
            CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
            EQIP - Completed
            Medical Exam - Completed
            Structured Interview - Completed
            Fitness Test - Completed
            Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Anthropologist
              Anthropologist commented
              Editing a comment
              There was no exam required for GS-09 applicants.

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              Passed the exam. they didn't give a score. then reapplied GS9. Got my poly 3 months after the entrance exam was taken for the initial GS7 position.

• David1984
              David1984 commented
              Editing a comment
              November 2018 -Applied
              May 2019- poly scheduled
              June 2019- 1st poly
              July 2019- 2 poly passed

No entrance exam taken. I qualified for GS 9

• Walla183
              Walla183 commented
              Editing a comment
              I also did not receive a score, but simply you passed on my NOR.

• For those that have taken the polygraph, what did you guys wear?. I have mine this Thursday, and it says to dress comfortably. I was planning on wearing dress shoes and dress pants with a nice v-neck dress sweater.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              SmokeScreen07 where are you taking the polygraph. What location are you looking to work out of.

• SmokeScreen07
              SmokeScreen07 commented
              Editing a comment
              fonzi7979 I'm taking the Poly in Dedham, MA. I live in Long Island, NY and I'm looking to get assigned to JFK.

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for sharing did you select MA as I am from NYC queens and selected JFK for the exam and I been waiting since April 2019. Good luck to you.

• SmokeScreen07
              SmokeScreen07 commented
              Editing a comment
              fonzi7979 I originally got an email from the examiner, who is located there. She advised if I declined, the wait in downstate NY could be 6 months or longer, because they are backed up. So I chose to take that location.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3712 users online. 215 members and 3497 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X