Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to myself but good news for you guys I guess. I gave up after a year and a half of not hearing a single word. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      Why is that good news for us? Confusing. By giving up what does that mean? You don't need to withdraw... So you're still waiting but maybe less enthusiastically?

• Hello everyone I am posting this for any CBP officers in the Detroit area.
    I I start my two week training at my home post on April 30th till May 15th. I am moving from Tampa Florida to Detroit for the job therefore I do not have a house or an apartment in Michigan yet. I was told that some CBP officers open their homes to new employees..., after calculating, going there for 2 weeks with airfare renting a car and hotel/air bnb stay would be over $1,500, which is outrageous. If anyone in the area can private message me and give me some tips please, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      You could get a hotel for the first couple days. Meet the other people in your class and work something out with them for the rest of the 2 weeks. Odds are majority are already from the Detroit Metro area.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Search Romulus, MI as DTW Airport is not actually in Detroit...

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm have the exact start dates, but I'm at Los Angeles LAX. I guessing we might be in the same class going into academy. You're the 1st person I saw with the april 30 may 15 dates.

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Beaueeeazy Hi. My EOD for LAX is on April 28th. I report the Academy on May 13th.

• 19-3 STILL waiting for the damn polygraph. Not looking like it will happen any time soon.. Anybody get contacted for a polygraph recently from 19-3 posting? If so what location did you pick?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      @Floria_man. same here bro. waitting over a year and no sign of the damn poly .....

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      19-10 - I just got an email scheduling my polygraph for the beginning of next month. My location was Philadelphia. The funny part is that I just moved to D.C. to start a different position with DHS.

• I’m 19-2 for JFK and I am also waiting to be scheduled the polygraph exam.

Comment

• 19-12 announcement. Got scheduled for my Polygraph. Not sure I can pass one but glad I don't have to wait forever to find out.
      It's only been a little more than 2 months since my interview so I'm surprised I was contacted so soon.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats I been waiting already for 8 mos still have not been scheduled.

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s insane lol im 19-12 as well currently at 50%. Hopefully i get the call for poly soon. Im in Orlando

• Miss Fearless
        Miss Fearless commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that seemed insanely quick. I applied back in July 2019 for 19-10 and for 19-12 in Sept. 2019. Initial procedure like SI, PT and Medical were scheduled pretty quick. But up until this day I am still pending my Drug and Poly to be scheduled. Now with this whole virus situation, I guess everything got backed up even more and haven't heard anything.

Ohh and just wanted to ask, did you pass the Poly? How would you rate your experience?

• Hey Everyone. 19-10 here still at 50% and waiting for my poly. I was wondering if a new fast track announcement is available later can I apply for that and everything I currently have will transfer over?

Comment

• Moises Acosta
        Moises Acosta commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey McCoolCloud, I'm 19-10 as well and only need the drug test. My Background just got the Amazing to see "Green Check". Hopefully I can get the drug test scheduled here soon. Do you happen to know or heard how long after you get all the green checks it takes to get the final offer?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I think one of the requirements of fast track is... You are not already in hiring process... But check with recruiter, they may make exceptions

• Hey ya'll ....19-10, just got the green check on my Background. Only need the drug test. Does anyone know how long after completing all steps of the application process it takes to get the final offer?

Comment

• AJSIN0311
        AJSIN0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        I met with my background guy twice. First time was September 13th, 2019 and the last time was October 15th. I just got the green check on my background on Friday January 3rd. He said it was because a third party contractor had to look over all the little things, but he knew I passed and was just waiting for the system to do it’s thing. So it can take a couple months, but that’s how it’s been with me. Hurry up to do something just to wait another 3 months to hear something.

• MissAmitious
        MissAmitious commented
        Editing a comment
        AJSIN0311 thank you for the info! I've been waiting 8 months now since my sit down with my investigator. I'm hoping to get the green light this month. Folks seem to average around 8 months from what I've read. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the remainder of the process!!

• AJSIN0311
        AJSIN0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        MissAmitious no problem. My background guy took about 6 months to finally reach out after my polygraph so sounds about right lol. Hope all goes well with you too!

• Moises Acosta
        Moises Acosta commented
        Editing a comment
        MissAmitious it took 17 months for my background to clear. Finished meeting with my investigator back on August 2018 and just got the green check in December.

• dalan how you did on your poly bro.

Comment

• Okay, I don't get it. How is it that I'm a 19-10 normal hire and scheduled for a polygraph already, while some of the applicants have been waiting in the queue for a year or longer? I have an acquaintance in CBP and he said I'd be waiting about 10 more months when I talked to him last week. Is there no rhyme or reason to the scheduling process?

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy about getting word on the polygraph!

EDIT - Do they only really start the background investigation process after the polygraph is completed?
        Last edited by Anthropologist; 01-04-2020, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Florida_Man

I completely agree with you; it isn't fair at all! I fully expected to be waiting at least a year. Hopefully CBP will start scheduling more of the earlier applicants for polygraphs soon. Maybe they are finally catching up on the backlog or something.

BTW, Thanks for the best wishes! I hope you get your polygraph scheduled soon!

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't think that fairness is ever much of a consideration within CBP. It isn't.

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait you're already scheduled for the poly? I'm 19-10 too. Sheesh, nice

• Vairon89
          Vairon89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 17 month on the list and my medical haven't clear yet

• I have a question.... does anyone know if the announcement(s) that you applied for and the locations within that announcement are what you can only consider?

Comment

• I know I asked if there was anyone from the Chicago area here and I got no responses. Now I'm asking is there anyone here that works in the midwest? If so, can you give me a PM?

Comment

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm around the chicago area, but don't post much here

• For those that were scheduled polygraphs rather quickly *5 months or less* - how did you score on the entrance exam?
          CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
          EQIP - Completed
          Medical Exam - Completed
          Structured Interview - Completed
          Fitness Test - Completed
          Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            There was no exam required for GS-09 applicants.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Passed the exam. they didn't give a score. then reapplied GS9. Got my poly 3 months after the entrance exam was taken for the initial GS7 position.

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            November 2018 -Applied
            May 2019- poly scheduled
            June 2019- 1st poly
            July 2019- 2 poly passed

No entrance exam taken. I qualified for GS 9

• Walla183
            Walla183 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also did not receive a score, but simply you passed on my NOR.

• For those that have taken the polygraph, what did you guys wear?. I have mine this Thursday, and it says to dress comfortably. I was planning on wearing dress shoes and dress pants with a nice v-neck dress sweater.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokeScreen07 where are you taking the polygraph. What location are you looking to work out of.

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I'm taking the Poly in Dedham, MA. I live in Long Island, NY and I'm looking to get assigned to JFK.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing did you select MA as I am from NYC queens and selected JFK for the exam and I been waiting since April 2019. Good luck to you.

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I originally got an email from the examiner, who is located there. She advised if I declined, the wait in downstate NY could be 6 months or longer, because they are backed up. So I chose to take that location.

• 60credits in criminal justice with 2 years law enforcement experience enough?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll say yes.

You should qualify for the BP just based on 1 year of your work experience. You should also qualify for OFO based on both your work experience and education…blended together.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            You can easily make GS7 when you apply with that background. I went in with 2 associates and the same amount of LE work and applied GS7. Then reapplied GS9 just to see what happened and got it approved.

• jahson83
            jahson83 commented
            Editing a comment
            thx fellas

• How long after your background cleared, you got drug test? Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            how irony, 210CBPO I just got the drug call too... haha yayyyyy

• jcsaenz3
            jcsaenz3 commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats on both of you!!! Hope i get my BI Adjudication cleared!

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            How long you been waiting for adjudication? I waited 3.5 months for mine jcsaenz3

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            Best of luck! Keep me posted on the call and dates of EOD and port location! Maybe we'll see each other at the academy!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6204 users online. 349 members and 5855 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X