Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gdelgado0220 any chance you can give a summmary of what your day to day is like? Is there a big graduation day? I'm still waiting for my background to clear, hoping to hear something soon. I'm super excited/anxious to know more about FLETC and what I possibly have to look forward to.

Comment

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel thank you for the day to day summary! Good luck to you in training. Do you have any pointers as to what to how to prepare myself for FLETC? Hoping that I pass my background ofcourse, but this is the last phase I beleive till I hopefully get that call everyone cant wait to receive.

19-4 applied to DH and other than southern border announcement
      eqip ✅
      Fit test ✅
      Medical ✅
      SI ✅
      Poly ✅
      BI interview 12/11/19

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      cstephensiv , the only thing you need to do is workout prior to getting here. Everything else is done or taught here.

• DMC1988
      DMC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel what class are u in? I’m also here in FLETC. Pm me if You’d like.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      DMC1988, I'm class 510. Show's you how much I hop on here.... spend most of my nights polishing boots and studying. :P

• Any FLETC Feb. 20th start dates?

Comment

• So in the next few weeks I'm moving and I also had some changes since I filled out the background info.
      Does anybody know how I can update said address and information? I'm still pending at 50% waiting on poly and the rest of the stuff, don't really have a point of contact.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        You should have a case manager. Let them know

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        NVM found the original eqip email and it lists how to reach them.

Thanks
        Last edited by Coderedpl; 12-26-2019, 09:49 AM.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Your case manager info should be in Cass, click on the bell top left corner, any communication between you and them should be saved in there, [email protected] There email should be something like this, with a box number, if you don't see anything, you should go back to your email inbox and find their info from the first couple emails they sent you, Coderedpl

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP found it after posting. Didn't edit post quick enough.

• @ 19-2 applicants for JFK just wondering if anyone has been scheduled for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• DThomasNYPD
        DThomasNYPD commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative brother, still waiting, did the SI in March. Waiting since then.

• DThomasNYPD Hi, do you mind telling me how long it took them to clear you of the NOPA after you sent your response? And who (or which email address) did you keep bugging until you got a response back? I received a NOPA in early december and sent my response a day after I received it. Hoping to get cleared by january. Thanks!

Comment

• DThomasNYPD
        DThomasNYPD commented
        Editing a comment
        Took like a month or 2 of me annoying them with emails before they finally told me I was in good standing with my application,
        Seriously just been a really long process it’s crazy. Just explain in detail why you were wrong and how your doing better and it’ll be ok.

• Anyone have any idea how long adjudication takes?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost you only find out if your investigator tells you, there is nothing showing on Cass. I had to contact my investigator to find out the date he submitted.. He wasn't contacting me and tell me... He said he has 1 month from the day he received my package, do investigation, and submit the package... you still have investigator's num? give him a call....
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-27-2019, 12:56 PM.

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        I texted my investigator and just been crickets. No word on if my package has been submitted and awaiting adjudication. My recruiter at the local office in Jacksonville said I should hopefully hear something in January. Fingers crossed

• wmcbride
        wmcbride commented
        Editing a comment
        Background investigators arent supposed to/not allowed to communicate with the people they are investigating via text or email. cstephensiv

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        wmcbride would a call be better ot just let the cards fall where they do?

• I wonder if their offices are closed for the holidays cuz I haven't heard a peep from adjudication

Comment

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I can tell you for certain my investigators aren't off, lol. But yes today is a normal working day.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost yeah double pay sounds better than a day off anyway

rmpee most BI Investigators are not federal employees. They are private company employed through a federal contract.

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        I read on Federal Soup forum that the final adjudication cannot take longer than 20 business days. What prolongs the investigation process is the investigator finishing his investigation, the BI being sent to a 3rd party contractor to finish it.
        The adjudication process is the the final step. It’s just an individual approving you or not, he looks through all your files.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that's for secret clearance. CBP is a top secret clearance for some reason... so it takes longer with the single scope otherwise I'd be cleared by now with my current secret clearance with DHS

• ms-MPIu921.gif

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Patience it will all pan out

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        We are in this together, we help and motivate each other thru this long process sory_ann, hang in there, its coming....

• V_AntCBP & fonzi7979 Lol !!!!

Comment

• Those folks working at LAX, what is the farest you have seen someone commute to LAX for work? I am planning to settle down in Granada Hills or Valencia. Any advise or experience commuting to LAX? Thanks.

Comment

• Nefarius9
          Nefarius9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesnt matter where you are, LA traffic sucks. I currently commute 60 miles each way and depending on the time of shift, it’ll determine if it will take an hour or more. There are people who live about 100 miles away, but they meet up with other people and carpool in. Many officers also drive hybrids/electric vehicles and take advantage of the CAV decal (riding in carpool lane solo by having a hybrid/electric vehicle)

• Alright guys I have a question that know has probably been answered before. How does CBP notify you when you get a NOPA?
        thank you in advance

Comment

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          They email you.

• delete................................
        Last edited by Greg00; 12-27-2019, 09:38 PM. Reason: mods please delete

Comment

• I understand we provide our own method of transportation and expenses to your Station on EOD date. My question is: Are they going to provide us with transportation to the fletc after signing all documents on station? And if so what method do they use for transportation to get us to the fletc?

Thank you for your time

Comment

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever the best and cheapest way to travel is. Bus train or plane.

• Nefarius9
            Nefarius9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends on your duty station. More than likely, you’ll be flown in to one of three airports. Jacksonville or Savannah is there preference, but if for some reason it is cheaper to fly into Brunswick, then they will select this option. Brunswick is less than a 10 minute drive to FLETC. With the two other options, you will arrive to either airport and they have shuttle buses that take you to FLETC.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talk of stations and signing paperwork at pre-academy makes me think you might be referring to Border Patrol...in which case you're looking at a different experience at pre-academy, FLETC in New Mexico and some other rather significant differences.

• Does OPR usually contact you by email for additional information or I’m I about to get hit with a NOPA??

Comment

• Nefarius9 fa thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13337 users online. 424 members and 12913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X