Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V_AntCBP & fonzi7979 Lol !!!!

Comment

• Those folks working at LAX, what is the farest you have seen someone commute to LAX for work? I am planning to settle down in Granada Hills or Valencia. Any advise or experience commuting to LAX? Thanks.

Comment

• Nefarius9
        Nefarius9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesnt matter where you are, LA traffic sucks. I currently commute 60 miles each way and depending on the time of shift, it’ll determine if it will take an hour or more. There are people who live about 100 miles away, but they meet up with other people and carpool in. Many officers also drive hybrids/electric vehicles and take advantage of the CAV decal (riding in carpool lane solo by having a hybrid/electric vehicle)

• Alright guys I have a question that know has probably been answered before. How does CBP notify you when you get a NOPA?
      thank you in advance

Comment

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        They email you.

• delete................................
      Last edited by Greg00; 12-27-2019, 08:38 PM. Reason: mods please delete

Comment

• I understand we provide our own method of transportation and expenses to your Station on EOD date. My question is: Are they going to provide us with transportation to the fletc after signing all documents on station? And if so what method do they use for transportation to get us to the fletc?

Thank you for your time

Comment

• rmpee
          rmpee commented
          Editing a comment
          Whatever the best and cheapest way to travel is. Bus train or plane.

• Nefarius9
          Nefarius9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on your duty station. More than likely, you’ll be flown in to one of three airports. Jacksonville or Savannah is there preference, but if for some reason it is cheaper to fly into Brunswick, then they will select this option. Brunswick is less than a 10 minute drive to FLETC. With the two other options, you will arrive to either airport and they have shuttle buses that take you to FLETC.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Talk of stations and signing paperwork at pre-academy makes me think you might be referring to Border Patrol...in which case you're looking at a different experience at pre-academy, FLETC in New Mexico and some other rather significant differences.

• Does OPR usually contact you by email for additional information or I’m I about to get hit with a NOPA??

Comment

• Nefarius9 fa thanks for the info.

Comment

• Has anyone on here been successful with a medical waiver concerning vision? I was about 5 points off the minimum required to a DHS officer.
            I am also current/prior law enforcement so fingers, and literally just waiting for them to approve my waiver in January. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Wondering how much longer it will be before my background clears or at least hoping to hear something soon
              CBPO DH 19-7

Applied- 04-08-2019 approx. ✅

Fitness- 05-21-2019 ✅

Medical- 07-20-2017 ✅

Eqip- 06-18-2019 ✅

Interview- 02-08-2018 ✅

Polygraph- 10-04-2018 ✅

Met W/ BI- 09-25-2019 ✅

Background- In Progress

Drug Test- Pending

Final Offer- Pending

Comment

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                Man, slow down, wait for your turn man.... Lol. JK, congrats on flying thru, you are going crazy fast... It's several months in since your background submitted, you should hear something soon man....
                Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-29-2019, 07:45 PM.

• Radio Raheem
                Radio Raheem commented
                Editing a comment
                So wait a minute, McFly...you applied in April of 2019 and did the medical in 2017. Then you were interviewed and poly'd in 2018? Now i see how this Direct Hire process is moving so fast...time travel!!!

• rmpee
                rmpee commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol.. yeah I think those dates might be wrong

• JT-CBPO
                JT-CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                I had applied back in 2017 but due to some information I left out of the eqip I was found unsuitable and reapplied so that’s why the dates are a bit off because some parts are still valid from the previous application
                Last edited by JT-CBPO; 01-07-2020, 05:54 PM.

• Haha I had applied almost 2 years ago but due to some information i forgot to put on my Eqip I was forced to reapply to fix the errors so that’s why I was cleared on a few steps before I reapplied this April

Comment

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                oh ok, sounds better now..haha. I was like I'm 18-8 and still waiting ..what the heck this guy doing...lmao... JT-CBPO I know someone had to reapply like you... and hes still waiting his tail off... good luck man, hope you get cleared soon
                Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-30-2019, 06:35 AM.

• AverageGuy
                AverageGuy commented
                Editing a comment
                So were you found unsuitable the first time out of curiosity ? And did they send you a NOPA for the missing or incorrect information ?

• Alright guys I got hit with a NOPA and responded to it. Any guidance on what my next steps should be? Who should I call? How often? How long it takes to clear?

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
                Thatoneguyoh commented
                Editing a comment
                Shouldn't call anyone, just submit it and wait. Cass will update

• Reinier Perez
                Reinier Perez commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you. Do you know about how long it takes for them to adjudicate it?

• jcsaenz3
                jcsaenz3 commented
                Editing a comment
                Why did you get a NOPA if you don’t mind me asking ???

• Just out of curiosity, did everyone who went through a background investigation have their family members contacted? They never contacted my family, but my investigation was turned in for adjudication.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah they came to my house, thelonelybum I told him about couple foreign trips we made on Eqip, he saw pictures on the wall and asked my wife about those to see if stories match maybe? lol... Maybe its a good thing for you...they don't have any thing suspect about you....dont worry about it man...its different for everyone the way they process things so...
                Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-31-2019, 08:33 AM.

• thelonelybum
                thelonelybum commented
                Editing a comment
                not worried, just curious about the process for everyone. Curious why certain people get more than others. My background, been to 5 countries, non military, wife was born in Vietnam, college kid, worked at the airport for 4 years, no drugs, most friends and people I hang out with are law enforcement. Funny because they contacted one of them and not the others on my references, but contacted people I knew from 5th grade and preschool.

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                thelonelybum haha we are relative man, I married a Vietnamese woman too, damn thats crazy that they asked people from preschool and 5th grade... did you give them the contact info or they dug it out somehow?

• thelonelybum
                thelonelybum commented
                Editing a comment
                I gave them someone I knew from preschool who I keep in contact with and they asked if they knew anyone that's still in contact with me, and she gave the person I knew from 5th grade, both phone interviews tho.

• @ all on this forum I will like to wish a healthy and Happy New Year. I hope that this long process moves smoothly for all and good luck to all.

Comment

• 19-4
                Background investigator called yesterday for a second interview for Friday. Said he needed to go over some employment found on my credit (they pulled Equifax report twice, once in June and then again in December). Also, apparently I had more than one investigator and they had to confront me about something found in the field portion of the investigation. Wondering what in the world that could ever be since they only interviewed my ex wife, one reference and my employers. I'm stumped... has anyone else had any experience with this?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
                  V_AntCBP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah man, my background is not great, missed payments (ex fked me over) lol, foreclosure on a house, and the Michigan thing I mentioned above, but all explained with investigator, and forclosured took care in court, I showed them court papers, if your ex played nice, and you took care of your debts, you are good to go bro, some exes just ****ed off and lie to screw you up, you know what I mean....i think It could simply be a mistake, something minor thing they found not matched with your eqip, they want to clarify... You will be fine bro,

• cstephensiv
                  cstephensiv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really hope the meeting is as simple as just a little clarifying what was found. He did mention he would only need about 10-15 mins of my time which is much shorter than the original meeting of a Hour and a half. I know if I get past this I'm gonna do a back flip for sure!!! Lol

• V_AntCBP
                  V_AntCBP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol you will be ok man, just 10 15 mins meaning just some minor thing they want to clarify.... keep us posted man....

• cstephensiv
                  cstephensiv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Met with the background investigator for the second time today. Just went over my travels outside the US, driving history incident, and some employment that showed up on my credit that was out of scope. Praying I hear good news and get that green check mark!!!!

• To Catch A Smuggler is back on NATGEO and it’s on right TV right now if anybody is interested. It’s a great showing of the job & how US CBP collaborates with ICE HSI

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3387 users online. 194 members and 3193 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X