Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys. I am trying to understand the difference in VRA, and direct hire in its entirety. Like broken down as much. Which one has the fastest hiring process and which one may be better, etc. I am currently in the process of BPA direct hire and CBPO vra. Thinking about applying for BPA vra but I’m not sure if it’s the best idea or would I have to start all over. I have already completed my poly, which seems to be what everyone has a hard time scheduling. Please, any help would be appreciated by me and any one else who wants those answers. -thanks
    v/r
    Last edited by Yvanross11; 12-20-2019, 12:15 AM. Reason: Errors

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      VRA applicant is supposed to move faster than DH and you are coming in as GS9 if you are qualified for experienced requirement. But i dont believe that so much, some actually did move faster but most waited just like others. The most real benefit of VRA that I can see is they can most likely have their own desired port. If no position opened at the desired port, they will call and try to have a spot opened for you.... DH is supposed to go faster than Regular and you are going to swb locations (AZ, CA, TX) for sure, but I don't believe that either, lol, I'm a DH and 19 months in already with no medical or Eqip issues so... Yvanross11
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 06:57 AM.

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a big initiative right now by CBP to hire vets. Yes, the process can be much faster than a regular or DH applicant if things are aligned. I.e, already possess a clearance granted by a Tier 5 SSBI, and waive the Poly. Don’t take timelines on this forum as gospel because it is only a small portion of the applicant pool. They are most certainly doing what they can to hire vets and get them into FLETC.

As for a benefit? You can request any port in the continental US when you get the call. Will you get it? I don’t have the encompassing knowledge to answer that one way or another; but I will say that everyone I know personally got their specific choice of port.

As a VRA applicant you will be subjected to a 2 year probation versus the 1 year probation that comes with DH or Regular, but as long as you aren’t a criminal I have been told it’s nothing to worry about.
      Last edited by showtime15; 12-20-2019, 09:58 PM.

• Dang... I'm a year and a half and I have it all done but medical still not cleared as a VRA. They seem hell bent on picking every little thing. So just trying get that they need and keep going.

Comment

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here waiting on an waiver. Its suck to be waiting. People who really want to be CBP have to wait this long

• 18-8, wooooohoooo just checked CASS.. background completed....found suitable.... damn whats a Christmas gift.....I just jumped up and down at work....hahaha... damn whats a good Friday.... I literally checking Cass every few hours waiting for this...
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 210CBPO. To be honest, I don't know where I want to go yet, lol, I was thinking 1 Orlando, 2 Dallas, 3 Seattle, 4 jfk or Newark... I'm pretty much opened for all airports I guess... How about you? Where do you want to go?

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, best of luck! Are you VRA? Im trying to get Laredo. Im assuming my DT is taking long bc there's no announcement for Laredo. Idk.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP when was your field portion completed and submitted?

• NachoLaw
      NachoLaw commented
      Editing a comment
      18-10 here. When did you first apply? I started the application process back in July 2018. All that is needed is BI and DT. CONGRATS on being found suitable. Hope you get what you want.

• That's awesome... I have all that done as well, just waiting on them clear my medical and the call.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      How long you been waiting on medical review? spd2008 depend on what the medical issue is.....could be as fast as few weeks...to months....hope it wont be long for you man
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 01:50 PM.

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah my medical cleared in 2 days. So it depends on many factors. Good luck

• 19-4 here.

Looking for any pros/cons/insight to working at JFK vs Newark. Overtime, shifts, work-life balance, opportunities for special teams/units. Really torn on what location to choose. Live on long island right now but considering a move to jersey.

Also, i know Newark has a seaport, how does that work? Would i be able to specifically choose Newark Seaport? Or is it just Newark in general and i get placed at either the airport or seaport? Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well...having worked neither port I do know that Newark is a large port...and JFK is significantly larger.

As a rule of thumb, more minor work units attached to major ports are assigned by seniority through a bid process. I don't know for certain, but I imagine that Newark's seaport operations positions are filled by seniority.

• thelonelybum how do you know when your packet was last touched?

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      after my polygraph cleared and I started my background, a supervisor contacted me and I asked him later down the line if he had any info in regards to where my background was. I told him that I asked my background investigators and he told me to contact my supervisor who asked for the clearance.

• For those curious how I got the info on my background.

Comment

• jcsaenz3
      jcsaenz3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Who did you contact ?? Your case manager ?? The one that emailed you about your Equiip

• I applied under VRA and put down all the medical stuff from the army.... Well that has bit me in the *** because they junling down every rabbit hole wanting to know about this and that etc.... I have to give them blood pressure readings, color vision test, and cpap compliance report for last thirty days and should be it. Meanwhile already had poly and passed and got a mail saying BI was cleared and suitable. So these three things and hope for the drug test and call.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Medical review has lot of Vra hung up waiting, you are going as gs9 but man, some medical wait like a year plus, so in the end, it's the same as gs 5 gs7 going in , the only good thing about Vra is you can request your desired port. Other than that,in my opinion nothing good about it.... Lol. Which port you want to get?
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 07:49 PM.

• Yvanross11
      Yvanross11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice bro. I have to put down all my stuff from the military as well... it’s a real pain... and the deadlines are soo short

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damm u got luck cuaz i applied August 2018 and i am still waiting to clear my medical

• BI finally changed in CASS from Pending back to In Progress. Not sure if that means anything other then the glitching is finished with for now.

Comment

• So a couple of days ago, my EQIP status changed from, "HRM staff is currently reviewing your files." to "You will receive an email notification that your case has been submitted to the Office of Professional Responsibility," a day later. The icon changed from blue to green as well.
      At the same time, my medical status changed to "HRM staff is reviewing your medical information to determine your medical qualification for the position."
      So far, I have passed everything but the medical portion.
      Does this mean they are close to making a decision on my medical waiver? I've been in the process since May 2018 lol...More specifically w/ the medical since Nov 2018.
      Last edited by Calitown; 12-20-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Well I have a job as a police officer now so not sitting around waiting lol.... But yea the medical is crazy, wish I hadn't said anything now. Done with it all but that. I am trying to get Savannah GA, or maybe Charleston so that's why I applied under VRA to make sure I get my choice of ports, even if I have to wait a few months

Comment

• jcsaenz3 he contacted me about 2 months after I completed my polygraph

Comment

• Guys,
            I was on cass just a few minutes ago and I clicked on background investigation (pending). When that opened it said “Applicants who are found unsuitable receive notification via email”
            what does that mean? Has anyone ever seen this? -thanks
            v/r

Comment

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              antoniojeff808 thanks man, have you receieved the call yet?

• antoniojeff808
              antoniojeff808 commented
              Editing a comment
              Calitown, yeah just a wk before i met my BI back in Aug, as well as drug test.

• Yvanross11
              Yvanross11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Calitown how’d your medical go? I’m still in that process too

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              antoniojeff808 I appreciate the info man! Yea this was the first time I've seen my Eqip change like that since I first applied in early 2018
              Yvanross11 , The waiver is still under review, I sent the packet back in September and just got a status change couple of days ago saying HRM is reviewing it. The status for both my EQIP & MEDICAL changed at the same time. I hope everything works out for us both

• Announcement 18-8 here, just got the call yesterday I EOD in May. Training is from June- October. Anyone else have the same dates?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice...congrats Wendygx I'm 18-8 too, background just cleared yesterday, hopefully i will be getting eod soon... which port did you get?

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats. Good to see people from the 18s are getting things finished up. Crazy that FLETC is already booked back to May. I Thought my March EOD was long at first.

• Wendygx
              Wendygx commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP I chose San Ysidro port in Cali. What do you have in mind?

• Hello everyone, Announcement 19-3 here.
            -Applied: 12/26/2018
            -NOR: 2/26/2019
            -Medical: 3/01/2919 completed✔️
            -Fitness: 3/13/19 completed✔️
            -Structure interview: 3/13/19 completed✔️
            -Polygraph: 5/11/2019 completed ✔️
            -Met with Background investigator: 5/28 ✔️
            -BI told me he submitted my BI 6/10✔️

-University transcript has been reviewed and placed with my application 6/13✔️
            -Received NOPA letter 11/13/19✔️
            -Replied to NOPA letter 11/18/19✔️
            -Background investigation: 12/20/19 Completed ✔️it says "You were found suitable for employment with cbp"
            -Drug test: Pending
            -Final offer: Pending

Now lets how long it takes to get the call for my final offer. How long does it usually take?

Comment

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              Literally after they get the results of your drug test, you;'ll most likely get the call. Congrats man! Shouldn't take too long from now.

• 210CBPO
              210CBPO commented
              Editing a comment
              How long after your BI completed did you do the drug test? What port selected?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13714 users online. 419 members and 13295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X