• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BI on CASS says pending

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My BI also says pending. Over a year since last meeting with investigator.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      still pending here lol

• Finally got The Call. LAX EOD april 30th. Flect may 15th. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone know how big the classes are? I've seen some people with LAX that are going a couple of weeks before me. Anyone going to the same time as iam ?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to you. What announcement are you in?

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for multiple announcements and dont really remember they were between 18.7 and 19.3 something like that

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to LAX. EOD is April 28th, Academy is May 13th

• Finally had a slow night at the Academy.... I'm currently in Week 3. Start working out now! That's the biggest bear here. It's pretty regular that classes have over 50% fail the first 2 fitness tests (there are 3 total) and I have yet to hear of a class that has graduated with less than a 10% loss due to fitness alone. Even the senior classes are saying that's what they've seen the whole time they've been here.

Right now, no one that I know of is doubled in rooms. That scare ended, for now, thankfully. I'm in the crack houses and loving it! Central to everything for my class.

HOWEVER, CBP is planning on ratcheting from ~1,000 students on deck right now to over 3,000 by summer. The Supervisors are freaking out about how it is going to work. It's a struggle, do-able at the moment, to hit the chow halls and the locker rooms with how many are on deck now..... I can't image what 3,000 CBP plus everyone else will look like.

Hit me with your questions and I"ll try to respond as I can.
    CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: 4/15/2019
    Poly 2: 5/22/2019
    Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
    Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
    BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
    BI Meet: 06/24/2019
    PFT2: 06/26/2019
    Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
    Referred: 07/03/2019
    Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
    PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
    BI check: 10/15/2019
    Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
    EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP you take the FGS 3 times, the last one is the 1 that counts, but don't think you can just wing the 1st 2 or quit, they want to see where you are physically and what you need to work on. 220 dash, push ups, 1.5 run in that order each time.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      collapse , thank you for posting the answers as asked! Mike_lowrey, V_AntCBP, thelonelybum, @NoSlack88, @aztecqueen.

The only thing I'll add to what collapse has already posted is that all blocks of training are broken down into 2 hour blocks. So you have 4 blocks a day. Your lunch hour and everything after 1630 is your time. So plenty of time to iron uniforms, polish boots and study/workout from 1630 - 0730.

@NoSlack88, that depends on your POE and rather they want to start a post-academy right away or not.

@aztecqueen , a few of the mat rooms have stand up bags and hanging bags. none in the weight rooms. The outside PT area has sleighs and stuff, but not sure how that works. It's rained the last 4 days, so everything is puddles.

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      Senior class here currently on my last week of training FINALLY. All the answers are pretty spot on. The academic portion isn’t difficult if you put the time in and study. And from I’ve seen most ports are pretty chill about approving annual time off right after the academy you just have to reach out to your supervisor

• EE626619
      EE626619 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you start working out since day one of arriving at the facility?

• My progress remains @ 50% and the polygraph/BI are still pending - I hope this is a good sign and a step in the right direction
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-18-2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Jamesv90
      Jamesv90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you already taken the polygraph? My app was the same except i went back down to 38% because my Eqip went from Blue to white. Its been about 3 weeks since I've taken the polygraph and no word yet.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not, I am awaiting a polygraph invite Jamesv90
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-19-2019, 10:10 PM.

• Thanks for the info on the academy... Nice to hear, done with e erutgibg waiting on drug test and the call, just cleared BI after 8 Months

Comment

• What's the Pending mean, versus in progress?

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really much, if nothing

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know what it means but like to inform that my CASS app for Background went Blue and back in progress. Hopefully the polygraph gets scheduled soon but seems like Northeast is so back logged from what I can see while reading through the forum lately.

• Deleted comment
      Last edited by Yvanross11; 12-19-2019, 07:58 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• 19-9 here... Just received scheduling notice that my poly will be next month. My SI was in July, medical cleared in August.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats your moving along quickly.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Rubicon nicely moved. Are you a vet or something?

• zTiger
          zTiger commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 19-9 too same stats hopefully ill get one too, congrats on that luck! Whats your location?

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP nope, just an average guy. I read in another post that FLETC is scrambling to get ready for a heavier student volume, so perhaps this is good news for all of us waiting.
          zTiger northern Delaware. Hope you hear back soon!

• 18-8, 2 apps back on cass. background back to in progress.. And the wait continues....wohoo
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-19-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Roger dodger...
          Probably thas why u have 2 apps showing but different organizations I'm assuming. Coz i only have 2 apps for OFO.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought we are not allowed to have 2 cbpo apps no more, only 1 allowed. They took my 19-2 off saying they wanted to streamline the process or whatever but they still honor the locations on 19-2 I applied. How do you have 2 cbpo apps? antoniojeff808 what are they? Vra, DH?
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-19-2019, 10:56 PM.

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do have both cbpo. First one was a direct hire, at Otay Mesa. then the recent one is a regular hire, LAX, which i applied for other than SWB. They offered me LAX, which i chose

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          antoniojeff808 damn man, I did have a DH and a Regular like you, but they deleted 1 app "because they want to streamline the process"... How the heck you still have 2 going.... lol... I hope they honor the locations on the 19-2 I applied because they have 2 locations I wanted.....

• Guys. I am trying to understand the difference in VRA, and direct hire in its entirety. Like broken down as much. Which one has the fastest hiring process and which one may be better, etc. I am currently in the process of BPA direct hire and CBPO vra. Thinking about applying for BPA vra but I’m not sure if it’s the best idea or would I have to start all over. I have already completed my poly, which seems to be what everyone has a hard time scheduling. Please, any help would be appreciated by me and any one else who wants those answers. -thanks
        v/r
        Last edited by Yvanross11; 12-20-2019, 12:15 AM. Reason: Errors

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          VRA applicant is supposed to move faster than DH and you are coming in as GS9 if you are qualified for experienced requirement. But i dont believe that so much, some actually did move faster but most waited just like others. The most real benefit of VRA that I can see is they can most likely have their own desired port. If no position opened at the desired port, they will call and try to have a spot opened for you.... DH is supposed to go faster than Regular and you are going to swb locations (AZ, CA, TX) for sure, but I don't believe that either, lol, I'm a DH and 19 months in already with no medical or Eqip issues so... Yvanross11
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 06:57 AM.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a big initiative right now by CBP to hire vets. Yes, the process can be much faster than a regular or DH applicant if things are aligned. I.e, already possess a clearance granted by a Tier 5 SSBI, and waive the Poly. Don’t take timelines on this forum as gospel because it is only a small portion of the applicant pool. They are most certainly doing what they can to hire vets and get them into FLETC.

As for a benefit? You can request any port in the continental US when you get the call. Will you get it? I don’t have the encompassing knowledge to answer that one way or another; but I will say that everyone I know personally got their specific choice of port.

As a VRA applicant you will be subjected to a 2 year probation versus the 1 year probation that comes with DH or Regular, but as long as you aren’t a criminal I have been told it’s nothing to worry about.
          Last edited by showtime15; 12-20-2019, 09:58 PM.

• Dang... I'm a year and a half and I have it all done but medical still not cleared as a VRA. They seem hell bent on picking every little thing. So just trying get that they need and keep going.

Comment

• Vairon89
          Vairon89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here waiting on an waiver. Its suck to be waiting. People who really want to be CBP have to wait this long

• 18-8, wooooohoooo just checked CASS.. background completed....found suitable.... damn whats a Christmas gift.....I just jumped up and down at work....hahaha... damn whats a good Friday.... I literally checking Cass every few hours waiting for this...
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks 210CBPO. To be honest, I don't know where I want to go yet, lol, I was thinking 1 Orlando, 2 Dallas, 3 Seattle, 4 jfk or Newark... I'm pretty much opened for all airports I guess... How about you? Where do you want to go?

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, best of luck! Are you VRA? Im trying to get Laredo. Im assuming my DT is taking long bc there's no announcement for Laredo. Idk.

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP when was your field portion completed and submitted?

• NachoLaw
          NachoLaw commented
          Editing a comment
          18-10 here. When did you first apply? I started the application process back in July 2018. All that is needed is BI and DT. CONGRATS on being found suitable. Hope you get what you want.

• That's awesome... I have all that done as well, just waiting on them clear my medical and the call.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          How long you been waiting on medical review? spd2008 depend on what the medical issue is.....could be as fast as few weeks...to months....hope it wont be long for you man
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 01:50 PM.

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah my medical cleared in 2 days. So it depends on many factors. Good luck

• 19-4 here.

Looking for any pros/cons/insight to working at JFK vs Newark. Overtime, shifts, work-life balance, opportunities for special teams/units. Really torn on what location to choose. Live on long island right now but considering a move to jersey.

Also, i know Newark has a seaport, how does that work? Would i be able to specifically choose Newark Seaport? Or is it just Newark in general and i get placed at either the airport or seaport? Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well...having worked neither port I do know that Newark is a large port...and JFK is significantly larger.

As a rule of thumb, more minor work units attached to major ports are assigned by seniority through a bid process. I don't know for certain, but I imagine that Newark's seaport operations positions are filled by seniority.

• thelonelybum how do you know when your packet was last touched?

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          after my polygraph cleared and I started my background, a supervisor contacted me and I asked him later down the line if he had any info in regards to where my background was. I told him that I asked my background investigators and he told me to contact my supervisor who asked for the clearance.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3922 users online. 276 members and 3646 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X