Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all! I applied back in March of this year and I'm still stuck at 38%... had to send medical follow-ups documents twice and still waiting to get the green light. It's now been 4 months since I sent them! Anybody has ever been approved after 2 medical follow-ups? It's been 9 months since I applied and I'm starting to get a little demotivated by how slow the process is...

Comment

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      My medical took about 6months to clear and I had to send multiple documents in as they were requested. Poly came right after the medical cleared and now I'm in the field portion of the background investigation

• AdamF2882
      AdamF2882 commented
      Editing a comment
      I started the process in 12/2017. Did my medical in 02/2018. Had to send documentation for 2 different medical issues in 10/2018. My medical finally cleared on 7/2/19. So it took almost 18 months for them to clear me. Hope it doesn’t take that long for u.
      Last edited by AdamF2882; 12-16-2019, 12:31 AM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      This process is nothing but slow. Extremely slow for most people, if you really want this job, you will need to be patient. flo92 I'm 19 months in,had no issues whatsoever, and still waiting, looking at 2 years plus... So just submit required paperwork and wait... Use time to train for fletc... Good luck

• AMMO2071
      AMMO2071 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had 3 rounds of additional medical and finally passed. Sometimes it just takes awhile to prove you are fit for duty.

• Today a CBP Trainee at the Academy was Shot and killed at a bar in St. Simons Island Be careful when you guys are out there a lot of people don’t like us out there and don’t get in fights for dumb reasons just walk away it’s not worth your life or your career my thoughts are with his family and loved ones And fellow classmates

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...A5Q6JVBCYRDOA/

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      SMH, very sorry to hear about this R.I.P & be safe out there brothers and sister.

• MattyjayG
      MattyjayG commented
      Editing a comment
      He will be missed RIP Wolf!

• Damn sorry to hear this be careful down there at FLETC CBP trainees those locals aint playing down GA its still hood down there.

Comment

• We were at that same poolhall a couple of days prior. St. Simons Island in general is super safe. But everyone will know you are from Fletc.

Comment

• As was previously written, lots of the US doesn't like us...either justifiably or because we get lumped into the crowd within the greater immigration debacle.

Be smart and aware is always good advice. Trouble can and will pop up anywhere at anytime in your career.

Comment

• 19-3
          Ive been in the process for one year, waiting on the poly still. CASS is at 50%, my background has said in progress throughout the year. Today I checked and it says pending, does that mean they are reviewing me possibly for a polygraph?

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure. I've already had my poly and met with my BI and all that fun stuff and my BI still just says in progress lol

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            19-2 I’m in the same boat as you waiting to be scheduled for the poly.

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man 19-2 my background also says pending instead of in progress. I checked yesterday and it was saying in progress. I have no idea what could be. Any insight anybody?
            Last edited by David1984; 12-16-2019, 05:05 PM.

• wmcbride
            wmcbride commented
            Editing a comment
            same thing happened to mine just this morning. no change in %, blue BI bubble went gray.

• My background went from in progress to pending in CASS. Percentage stayed at 63%. Anyone know if it means anything? The last time, I met with the investigator was about 3 weeks ago and should have been the final time.

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            jamoranto exactly same thing with me stayed at 63%. I met with my BI back late August. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            my background is still in progress, nothing changed, David1984, lol idk if it's good or bad thing, you guy's Cass kept changing while mine isn't.... Idk

• MissAmitious
            MissAmitious commented
            Editing a comment
            jamoranto same exact thing with mine. Met the investigator in May, CASS BI changed from in progress to pending at 63% I'll let yall know what comes of it. Maybe we will all get a green BI check mark this week.

• jamoranto
            jamoranto commented
            Editing a comment
            David1984
            @missamitious
            Ok, glad I’m not the only one. I’m sure it’s just some sort of glitch.

• Need some help. Anybody here dealt with polygraph waivers at all? I looked on the CBP website but not exactly sure how to go about it. I have a current passing poly with the DOJ. Anyone know how it works? How to get a physical copy over to them or do I just send them an email and they can find it? Thanks all.

Comment

• My background is also "pending"

Comment

• Hey everyone! I’m new to the forum and have been trying to read most of the post from way back. Not sure if I saw anyone from announcement 19-7 in Southern CA. I applied back in April of this year for GS-5. I have absolutely no previous training in law enforcement or anything of that sort. Does the process for an applicant like myself usually take longer? I’m sitting at 50% and waiting for my polygraph to be scheduled. I had a delay for my medical But was cleared soon after and haven’t heard much since.

From what I see it’s a pretty long process for most. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

• 210CBPO
                210CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                @Mr.T7 what part of South Texas did you apply for? I applied for Laredo and my background has been completed for about a moth already. I'm sitting at 75% pending drug test and final offer :/ also, i am originally 18-12 but reapplied 19-6 announcement. My BI took a total of 4 months to complete.

• Mr. T7
                Mr. T7 commented
                Editing a comment
                210CBPO I applied for Brownsville. You're almost done bro, you should be getting schedueled for drug test soon. If you don't mind me asking, did you reapply because Laredo location became available?

• Beaueeeazy
                Beaueeeazy commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi,

I'm exactly like you, no background no experience but 1 year before you applied. I just got by final offer call. Eod in may. Everything will come and go. Long process, just keep doing what you been doing and keep an eye out on those emails. It's a long long process. Unless you get super lucky.

• 210CBPO
                210CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. T7 No I reapplied bc my eyesight was bad and I had lasik done.

• Another person arrested in the altercation that lead to the death of Wolf Valmond

https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/lo...a316b3e4a.html

Comment

• He was shot at Rafters, of all places. Back in the day, oysters on the half shell were a dime each during happy hour. Good times.

POINT TO BE MADE: people sometimes treat the academy like a big party and Glynn County like a playground. Grown *** men- 35 year old men- act like college freshmen with the partying and staying out late. And don't get me started on the Club Fletc romances (married students only). Not dissing the deceased in any way but will say this: many a career has ended before they began because people weren't smart about fletc...
                Chance favors the prepared mind.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

• Anthropologist
                  Anthropologist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was like that in my other LE training, too. The partying behavior reminded me of teenage undergraduates. Coupling and sexual interludes began after a week or two into the program, and were apparently a common occurrence in every cohort according to the instructors.

My plan for FLETC is to study, train and focus on graduating and getting back to my duty station.

• I am still at 50%, May 2019 applicant - my background investigation step went from a blue check and "in progress" to now grayed out and "pending", shown below.

What do we think this indicates?!

Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

• wmcbride
                  wmcbride commented
                  Editing a comment
                  same with many others, including me. Probably a glitch or update in CASS

• jcsaenz3
                  jcsaenz3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im a BP applicant and some of us have gotten the same thing. I also had a green check mark on my E-QUIP and it went to blue.

• fonzi7979
                  fonzi7979 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw the same thing on my app today hopefully it’s a good sign. To be seen. Good luck to all in this long tedious process.

• 18-8,
                My background just went from "in progress" to "pending" this morning, Definitely something is going on, hopefully they are doing a big end of year push to clear people that have been in this process so long....

Comment

• Work in Progress - Used when he issue work is still being worked on

Pending - Used if the solution is given to the concerned core / power user and he is analyzing the solution provided.

Comment

• PA_Ed
                    PA_Ed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What does this mean in English LOL

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11761 users online. 252 members and 11509 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X