Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i just checked my CASS again, from 100% Completed, it went down to 75. My Eqip says in progress saying "You eQIP is being reviewed by HRM staff. You will receive a notification about next steps." Even the Final Offer, says pending now. Which i already Completed everything, was 100%, 3 wks ago.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah guys, tis the season to be jolly, not to worry..
      klocklear86, i hope so. Just my eQip, and Final Offer section went unchecked. Everything else, green checked.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here...when is your EOD?

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Feb 25, LAX

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok...feb 3rd...memphis....fletc feb 20th

• So almost 4 months post SI, 50% on cass, and my background went back to pending? This happened to anyone, does it mean they at least looking at my file ? ..

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I think something is going on with Cass, happened to many people here.

• Just cass glitching out

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to be a glitch from all the posts on here.

• Previously 63% then couple of days ago went down to 38% and today went up to 63% with BI pending! Amen!!!

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully good news around the corner!

• Yvanross11
      Yvanross11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, can u do me a favor? On cass if your background is pending, does it say something about people who are found unsuitable get an email?

• It's a glitch y'all. We'll be alright ahah

Comment

• About how long did you guys receive a final selection lette. after your Final Offer phone call?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told by the person during the final call that the Final Selection Letter comes 2 weeks prior to EoD

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        aztecquean and TsFost, yes you will get an onboarding letter around 2 weeks prior to your EOD date, with reporting information.

Then while in your first week of Pre-Academy, at your port, you will get an email from FLETC that needs to be filled out and turned in.

• Hello,
      I got my final call yesterday! 17-10 announcement! Do not lose hope and stay the course. 06/22/20 [email protected] JFK. Anyone going to JFK let P.M. me looking for a perspective roommate lol. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats to receiving your EOD. I’m in 19-2 for JFK so I guess I have a while to go. Seems like it’s a 2 year hiring process.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll EOD 1/28 at JFK and graduate FLETC on 6/17 right before you EOD lol

• I logged on cass today and my 2 active applications were gone. Welcome Message popped up listed reasons: I do not have any applications under this email address, I either didn't apply for bpa or cbpo or my applications have not reached pre employment phase... Or my application is no longer active.
      I hope they didn't just drop me??? Anybody else has the same issue?
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-18-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Email contact center and call them to find out the status of your application

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 12-23-2019, 07:12 PM.

• Thank you fonzi7979. Best of luck!

Comment

• QUESTION for CURRENT CBPO's or recently retired/departed, especially recently appointed CBPO's that came from prior law-enforcement as a Police Officer or Trooper or Fed LE.

Why did you make the switch and do you regret it? Do you miss being a local or state officer? I think many people love the obvious 6(c) benefits of being 20 years and done depending on age and etc, but anything else?

Any info regarding the Chicago area/port would be helpful as well... And yes, I've searched this thread already for answers, so no sarcasm, if you feel like being helpful, please do!

I've also read that CBPO's are becoming more active in doing things outside of ports in large areas like Chicago and other big cities, what are some other things that are available to CBPO's currently and potentially in the future other than checking passports and other regulatory enforcement at the airport and etc?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
          scotty_appleton814 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've asked around for info about the Chicago area and I've gotten crickets here. Good luck. You find anything out, you let me know too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll throw in my two cents...

IMO, Most former State/Local LEOs I've known who jump ship to OFO do it for location, money or greater job stability. They tend to break down into older people who "wake up", find themselves scarred, bruised. married, parents, etc. and who look around for a more stable, less dangerous, more family oriented job. Then there are younger folk who see the potential of 6 figure pay as the driving reason to jump out of some low paying agency in some low paying region of the US.

I'd say virtually all of them miss their old jobs...on one level or another.

As far as OFO moving more outside of traditional ports and picking up some more traditional LE functions...yeah...I'd say there is truth to that. Baby steps apply in many places and what ultimately is available will be highly port and location specific.

The bread and butter of OFO will always be "checking passports" and administrative/regulatory enforcement. That's just the nature of the beast.
          Last edited by merlin436; 12-21-2019, 08:06 AM.

• Anyone else apply for the CBP Technician job? I know its not exactly the most glorious job but at this point I think anything would be great to get a foot in the door. I applied a few hours ago and just completed all the online tests.
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey that’s a good idea get your door in the door hopefully the other will follow shortly.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I also just took the online assessment for the IRS Special Agent - hopefully I did well enough to move onto the testing center assessment.

• Hey guys, guess CASS glitch is fixed. Went from in process to pending back to in process this morning. Hopefully means I will finally get my polygraph (19-3)

Comment

• Hi I'm new here VRA 20-1 started oct 22 already at 50% BI went from in process to pending. Anyone else have the same issue?

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            As of today it went back to normal now it says in progress again. For a couple of days it said pending.

• Ok maybe mine would be fix later thanks

Comment

• Can somebody share their experience during the academy, what it was like and how long it was.
            Thanks.

Comment

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              marmacias, I'm currently in week 3 of the Academy..... It's a very light mix of military/law enforcement academy style yelling and marching the first week.

Outside of that, it's a firehouse of classes and information. 8 academic tests, 3 fitness tests, and a plethora of practical exercises. Start working out now, they are serious about the fitness standards (24 push ups in 1 minute w/ good form or they don't count them; 220 yrd dash in 45 secs or less; 1.5 mile run in under 15:00 minutes).

I'll check this again if you have any more questions. Be sure to use the @ sign next to my name so it notifies me you responded or just direct message me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3929 users online. 238 members and 3691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X