Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for 19-10. Has anyone done direct hire?

Currently at 50%

Applied: 7/30/2019
    Exam: 8/6/19
    Exam: NOR: 8/9/19
    SI: Nor Passed 9/3/19
    Medical: NOR Passed 9/09/19
    PFT: NOR Passed 9/12/19
    Eqip Released to OPR: 10/16/19
    BI: In progress
    Polygraph: pending
    DT: Pending

I married a Canadian, brought her over here, did it the right way, K3 Visa, and she's a permanent resident. Hopefully that doesn't slow anything down. Also I had a Failure to appear to court on a traffic violation back when I was 18-19. So that should go smoothly
    Last edited by Thatoneguyoh; 12-10-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• I emailed CBP Applicant Contact Center to inquire about my status, just to see if I hear something/better than nothing, Cass etc, and the email says that I am "pending adjudication" ... Met BI the beginning of September...Its only been 3 months and I pray to God that they find me suitable. Amen!

Comment

• sory_ann
        sory_ann commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP got me addicted to their incoming emails! My heart stops every time lol !!! Its insane how everyone in my family, including my 14 year old ask about my application status...I can see now "the psychology behind CBP hiring process", by the way, that will be my next best seller lol! "
        "Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting" Positive thinking fellas!

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait wait wait
        Do this.... Ok now wait!!

Yesterday I contacted them and was told my process is complete and I was referred to training and scheduling for my final offer and an EOD. So, after 21 months I'm still waiting. The end is in sight though but it needs to hurry up ha ha

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI is about 3 months ahead of you and I'm still waiting.

• NachoLaw
        NachoLaw commented
        Editing a comment
        I am in the same boat as, met with background investigator back in September...been waiting final adjudication. If it is meant to be it will be. God’s Will

• 18-8 VRA (GS-9) here - Update from my last post

Finally got the final offer call yesterday:

EOD at San Ysidro: 5/7
      FLETC Start Date: 5/22

Anyone else going to FLETC or SY those dates?

Comment

• 20-2 General Hire

Applied: 11-15-19
      Exam: 11-19-19
      NOR Pass/Tent Offer: 11-20-19
      Eqip: 11-25-19
      Medical: 12-4-19
      SI: 12-5-19
      AFT1: 12-10-19

Now for the long wait for the infamous Poly.

Comment

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        So basically have a nice spring/summer ha

• EOD Feb 3rd. And FLETC on Feb 20th...seeing who might be in my class

Comment

• FerrerRodriguez
        FerrerRodriguez commented
        Editing a comment
        Question are u suppost to arrive a day before your eod date or the fletc date

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know for sure the FLETC date so you can get your room and all that...Your EOD I'm not sure...

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        FerrerRodriguez well your EOD is when you show up to your duty location. So I'd be in the area a day prior. That way you know you have your room, car, and stuff ready to go so that you make your EOD easy going.

• standtheman just curious did you wear glasses when you went to medical exam and told you to get lasik in order to complete medical.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. My glasses were thick and i could not even see the big E

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of the hiring process

• @ 19-2 applicants for NYC/NJ ports just curious if anyone has been scheduled for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        You raise red flags constantly asking, just saying

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        40 weeks and haven't been scheduled - i'll start caring come April. No point in stressing myself out.

• I applied for the 19-10 announcement as a GS-09 regular hire for the Philadelphia POE.

Application Progress: 50%

SI: Passed
      Medical: Passed
      PFT: Passed
      eQIP: Completed mid August; came back multiple times - Released to OPR on 7 SEPT 2019
      BI: In Progress
      Polygraph: Pending
      DT: Pending

There are a lot of things involved with my application that could either speed it up or slow it down in the extreme...

Pros:
      Prior federal LE training (FLETA)
      Graduate degree in a related field
      DHS employee
      Security clearance
      Clean background with no criminal history

Cons:
      Dual citizenship (closely allied European country)
      Extensive international travel
      Prior residency abroad
      Overseas education, professional contacts and friends
      Never taken a polygraph
      Last edited by Anthropologist; 12-11-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Hope everyone's application is going smoothly. I might apply for direct hire.

Comment

• Got a call today from CBP HR. They approved me for GS9. They kept my EoD the same but I got better pay so I'm super happy.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats that’s good to hear did you originally get offered GS7 and in the interim inquired about GS9.

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            How far were you in the hiring process that they switched you to 9?

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied for both but originally was told that to get the location I wanted I had to go in as a 7. So it was definitely a surprise that they decided to upgrade me to 9. As for when I applied for 9 I did them both one after the other within two weeks of each other. Both were for direct hire.

• Recieved my call today EOD date Jan 6 Fletc Jan 9, question do i arrive on the 6or a day before the 9? Also any in tell on Sananderson Tx and Presidio Texas. Thank u

Comment

• aztecquean
            aztecquean commented
            Editing a comment
            Lucky! I got my call this week too but my EOD and FLETC are in May! haha

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            aztecquean I'm guessing you chose CBPO. He is BPA looking at the 3 day onboarding before his FLETC date. They have alot of open slots vs CBPO so way earlier dates

• Haha thanks aztecqueen, just dont understand if i should arrived on Jan 5 or Jan 8

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing you chose BPA since you only have 3 days onboarding. You need to be there at your duty station the day of. So the 5th is when you wanna be in that town. The 9th is when they send you to FLETC from your duty station. Good luck in Artesia. When I was offered BPA they had me set for Dec EOD but I ended up taking the CBPO slot so now I get to wait till March lol

• FerrerRodriguez
            FerrerRodriguez commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes iam BPA , so when u say send me to Fletc from duty station. I arrive on the 5 stay in a hotel then find away to be at the fletc on Jan 8? Sorry new at this

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Your duty station will send you to the academy. That way you all ride a bus in together from the airport and get to bond over some being yelled at. For BPA you have 3 days of onboarding. For CBPO you have 2 weeks of it. Good luck with everything and stay on top of your emails

• Got an email saying BI was done, had to sign a letter and send it back... Still not updated on the Cass though. That was the last thing I had to do other than drug test. How long did it take for yall to get drug test afyer BI was updated??

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I never received a letter or notification that BI was done. That said, I checked the app on a Thursday afternoon and it was "in progress" then I check again the following Monday around lunch and it was green. So it either cleared that Friday, or Monday morning. About an hour after I seen it turned green I recieved a call for DT.

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            spd2008 how long did it take for your background to clear?

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            David1984 looks like we have 4-5 more months to go man... smh lol

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP for real smh lol

• Took about 8 months total after the poly... However I didn't hear from the investigator till like three months after poly so like five I guess. Letter I had to sign was weird, just said we found some stuff in your background however mitigating circumstance came to light... Don't do it again haha. Only thing I could think of was I filed bankruptcy in 2007 and it's discharged and done and all.... So guess that's why. Also they checked my credit like 3-4 times during investigation. Got letters from all the reports.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            spd2008 Did you get a nopa and cleared it? Or they just found some minor things and cleared you? I asked because I got a foreclosed in 2014, took care in court, I'm free and clear but just wondering.... Congrats man, way to go.... What's your announcement? I'm 4 months after poly.. 3 months after background submitted.... So I should check back in 3 4 months???? Lol. I check Cass every day and it drives me insane....
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-12-2019, 06:31 PM.

• I'm back on this site, if you see my post history you'll see I disappeared to TSA for a year. I didn't withdraw my application and I was finally able to do poly, just took about 10 months after taking my new job at TSA. Passed my poly in August 2019 and met my BI in September... Everything was submitted in Nov and last touched 11/27/2019. Also reapplied to 19-10 as a GS9 as I meet the experience requirements now.

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I did. Left my SO for TSA so that while I apply for CBP I can go ahead and start my fed clock plus TSP. Good luck with everything.

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            yup, I'm on that tsp and now I have 1 year in the fed system, only 24 more years left to go... by the time I get into cbp it'll be 23 more years lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17122 users online. 488 members and 16634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X