Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ 19-2 applicants for NYC/NJ ports just curious if anyone has been scheduled for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      You raise red flags constantly asking, just saying

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      40 weeks and haven't been scheduled - i'll start caring come April. No point in stressing myself out.

• I applied for the 19-10 announcement as a GS-09 regular hire for the Philadelphia POE.

Application Progress: 50%

SI: Passed
    Medical: Passed
    PFT: Passed
    eQIP: Completed mid August; came back multiple times - Released to OPR on 7 SEPT 2019
    BI: In Progress
    Polygraph: Pending
    DT: Pending

There are a lot of things involved with my application that could either speed it up or slow it down in the extreme...

Pros:
    Prior federal LE training (FLETA)
    Graduate degree in a related field
    DHS employee
    Security clearance
    Clean background with no criminal history

Cons:
    Dual citizenship (closely allied European country)
    Extensive international travel
    Prior residency abroad
    Overseas education, professional contacts and friends
    Never taken a polygraph
    Last edited by Anthropologist; 12-11-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Hope everyone's application is going smoothly. I might apply for direct hire.

Comment

• Got a call today from CBP HR. They approved me for GS9. They kept my EoD the same but I got better pay so I'm super happy.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats that’s good to hear did you originally get offered GS7 and in the interim inquired about GS9.

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          How far were you in the hiring process that they switched you to 9?

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied for both but originally was told that to get the location I wanted I had to go in as a 7. So it was definitely a surprise that they decided to upgrade me to 9. As for when I applied for 9 I did them both one after the other within two weeks of each other. Both were for direct hire.

• Recieved my call today EOD date Jan 6 Fletc Jan 9, question do i arrive on the 6or a day before the 9? Also any in tell on Sananderson Tx and Presidio Texas. Thank u

Comment

• aztecquean
          aztecquean commented
          Editing a comment
          Lucky! I got my call this week too but my EOD and FLETC are in May! haha

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          aztecquean I'm guessing you chose CBPO. He is BPA looking at the 3 day onboarding before his FLETC date. They have alot of open slots vs CBPO so way earlier dates

• Haha thanks aztecqueen, just dont understand if i should arrived on Jan 5 or Jan 8

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing you chose BPA since you only have 3 days onboarding. You need to be there at your duty station the day of. So the 5th is when you wanna be in that town. The 9th is when they send you to FLETC from your duty station. Good luck in Artesia. When I was offered BPA they had me set for Dec EOD but I ended up taking the CBPO slot so now I get to wait till March lol

• FerrerRodriguez
          FerrerRodriguez commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes iam BPA , so when u say send me to Fletc from duty station. I arrive on the 5 stay in a hotel then find away to be at the fletc on Jan 8? Sorry new at this

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Your duty station will send you to the academy. That way you all ride a bus in together from the airport and get to bond over some being yelled at. For BPA you have 3 days of onboarding. For CBPO you have 2 weeks of it. Good luck with everything and stay on top of your emails

• Got an email saying BI was done, had to sign a letter and send it back... Still not updated on the Cass though. That was the last thing I had to do other than drug test. How long did it take for yall to get drug test afyer BI was updated??

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I never received a letter or notification that BI was done. That said, I checked the app on a Thursday afternoon and it was "in progress" then I check again the following Monday around lunch and it was green. So it either cleared that Friday, or Monday morning. About an hour after I seen it turned green I recieved a call for DT.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          spd2008 how long did it take for your background to clear?

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 looks like we have 4-5 more months to go man... smh lol

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP for real smh lol

• Took about 8 months total after the poly... However I didn't hear from the investigator till like three months after poly so like five I guess. Letter I had to sign was weird, just said we found some stuff in your background however mitigating circumstance came to light... Don't do it again haha. Only thing I could think of was I filed bankruptcy in 2007 and it's discharged and done and all.... So guess that's why. Also they checked my credit like 3-4 times during investigation. Got letters from all the reports.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          spd2008 Did you get a nopa and cleared it? Or they just found some minor things and cleared you? I asked because I got a foreclosed in 2014, took care in court, I'm free and clear but just wondering.... Congrats man, way to go.... What's your announcement? I'm 4 months after poly.. 3 months after background submitted.... So I should check back in 3 4 months???? Lol. I check Cass every day and it drives me insane....
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-12-2019, 05:31 PM.

• I'm back on this site, if you see my post history you'll see I disappeared to TSA for a year. I didn't withdraw my application and I was finally able to do poly, just took about 10 months after taking my new job at TSA. Passed my poly in August 2019 and met my BI in September... Everything was submitted in Nov and last touched 11/27/2019. Also reapplied to 19-10 as a GS9 as I meet the experience requirements now.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I did. Left my SO for TSA so that while I apply for CBP I can go ahead and start my fed clock plus TSP. Good luck with everything.

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          yup, I'm on that tsp and now I have 1 year in the fed system, only 24 more years left to go... by the time I get into cbp it'll be 23 more years lol

• I didn't get a NOPA or whatever ..... I just got a letter saying we found stuff but there is mitigating things behind it so we are going to clear you but don't let it happen again more or less. I signed the forms and sent it back. They talked to naighbors, asked me about a seat belt ticket I had in 1997.... They dug deep so if it's there they will see it and ask about it. Just be up front and hope your investigator writes it up in your favor to OPR.

Comment

• If you re-apply for a better location, does your wait time for
          the poly reset or get held back? I’m 19-3 and all my coworkers at TSA have gotten the poly already. Also, how are my 19-3’s doing?

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 19-4 and reapplied for 19-8 because of the locations available. From my understanding it shouldn't reset but who knows at this point. I'm located in NJ and I dont expect to hear anything for at least a year after passing the SI.

• In CASS, does the Final Offer ever go from pending to in progress? I've been in TSU for a few weeks and was curious.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
            antoniojeff808 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tha was my case before. From pending to "in progress" to Completed, saying, you have been made and accepted a final offer...

• Well I am happy to say I received "the call" and was offered a bunch of places but I went with Detroit, Michigan. Buffalo was not available, nor was Georgia. I go to FLETC on April 30th and finish in 1st week of Sept. Anyone else going to be there at that time? And does anyone know how long after finishing FLETC do we start at our official station? I currently live in Tampa and need to know when to sell my house and get my family settled out there...
          Last edited by Charbouli; 12-13-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            Charbouli you get one travel day after graduation and then you report the following work day. If you need any more time you have to put in a request at your home port.

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you select the airport, bridge or the tunnel??

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I start FLETC on April 14th so I'll see ya there maybe.

• MattCBP
            MattCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you VRA? Charbouli

• Been at 63 percent for about 6 months...waiting on Background to pass. Applied July 2018. Waiting patiently!! Good Luck to you all

Comment

• OKCsparrow
            OKCsparrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Been at 63% almost 7 months now. Still waiting

• I decided to reach out to my recruiter to inquire about the status of my background (met BI in September) and he replied this ... "your background is being actively worked and is still pending adjudication. It was last touched today" Then I decided to check Cass and it went from 63% to 50% and now polygraph says "pending" not green. I passed the polygraph back in the summer Dont know what that means.....

Comment

• TUT
            TUT commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine went down from 88% to 50%! I am hoping it is just system updates

• MissAmitious
            MissAmitious commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping it's an error. I went from 63% down to 50%. My Equip message stated HRM rep is reviewing my Equip and I should hear back soon for the next steps.

• sory_ann
            sory_ann commented
            Editing a comment
            Well...today went down to 38%... Now my Eqip is "being reviewed" God dont abandon us! Amen!

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still at 63%, nothing changed, what the heck going on... wonder why changed for some but not others...
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-15-2019, 05:53 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3839 users online. 200 members and 3639 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X