Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, my background finally cleared and I went in today to take my drug test. Anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive the call?

Comment

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im going on two weeks so far with no call.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      varies. usually a couple weeks. My call came a week later for my BPA offer, and then another week later for my CBPO offer.

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      How long after your bi cleared did you get the notice for the DT? Did you get any notice that your BI had cleared and last but nit least how did they communicate with you your DT appointment? Thank you

• Wendygx
      Wendygx commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it, thanks guys! I’m hoping they call me soon since I’m going on vacation soon.
      210CBPO It took about 7-8 months for my background to clear. I was never informed by my BI that it was submitted. I received a phone call to schedule the DT. You have to take it within 48 hrs

• Just got the email today for polygraph, looks like they definitely started the fast track for veteran applicants. CBP 20-1 VRA

Applied 16OCT2019.
    Medical 28OCT
    Fittness 30OCT
    SI 05NOV
    Polygraph 16DEC

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, God damn, they waited no time on you... Lucky you, good luck on your polygraph
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-05-2019, 09:36 PM.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats I guess regular hire in the east coast has a long wait. It’s been a year since I applied and still waiting to get scheduled for the polygraph. I guess it’s normal as I see it being a long process for many of us.

• Hey guys it’s been about two weeks I took Poly and not a word from them.......

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably under review. You can email your BI Case manager he/she should be able to follow or email ICAD or your polygraph examiner

• .....accidental post

Comment

• Has anyone seen any Florida announcements open recently?

Comment

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      The last time Florida was open was in December of 2018 (19-3) for Miami. I would love to choose anywhere in Florida.. hell I’ll even take Tallahassee at this point

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it's been a while since any openings in Florida. I'm 19-4 and just recently passed my poly. I'm hoping when or if I get that call there will be a spot anywhere in Florida... most likely not... lol

• Question regarding pay progression. I understand GS5, 7, 9, 11,& 12 are automatic at your year mark, but how do the steps work within the grades?

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget the cheat option. Go to FLETC as an instructor or become a sup for 3 years (I think) and then drop back down to officer level to be a GS12 step 10. Quickest way to max out

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Too good. I would assume many people try to do that a lot.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Opportunities like that will work for some...and will not be there for a great many others.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks merlin436

• 18-8,
    19 months in... at 63%...waiting on background to clear...hmmmm

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      wmcbride what is your announcement? 18-8 too?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What You mean quick? What part was quick?

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      At 75% BI cleared a month ago. No word on DT yet. 18-12 met with BI in June and July.

• wmcbride
      wmcbride commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP Im 19-1 for the AGS position. quick meaning I was expecting the BG to take over a year to clear and it was already in adjudication in 2-3 months.

• Anyone know how is the work environment in Newark?
    and how soon will they offer OT to a new hire?

Comment

• Hello Everyone! 18-11 here on my 16th month @ 63% I received an email where CBP is asking for an explanation letter due to my past (older than 10 years) traffic history that involved 10+ traffic tickets mostly for speeding. Has anyone gotten one of this letter request? Any tips on how to write a good explanation letter? Thanks yall

Comment

• Applied for 19-10. Has anyone done direct hire?

Currently at 50%

Applied: 7/30/2019
        Exam: 8/6/19
        Exam: NOR: 8/9/19
        SI: Nor Passed 9/3/19
        Medical: NOR Passed 9/09/19
        PFT: NOR Passed 9/12/19
        Eqip Released to OPR: 10/16/19
        BI: In progress
        Polygraph: pending
        DT: Pending

I married a Canadian, brought her over here, did it the right way, K3 Visa, and she's a permanent resident. Hopefully that doesn't slow anything down. Also I had a Failure to appear to court on a traffic violation back when I was 18-19. So that should go smoothly
        Last edited by Thatoneguyoh; 12-10-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• I emailed CBP Applicant Contact Center to inquire about my status, just to see if I hear something/better than nothing, Cass etc, and the email says that I am "pending adjudication" ... Met BI the beginning of September...Its only been 3 months and I pray to God that they find me suitable. Amen!

Comment

• sory_ann
            sory_ann commented
            Editing a comment
            CBP got me addicted to their incoming emails! My heart stops every time lol !!! Its insane how everyone in my family, including my 14 year old ask about my application status...I can see now "the psychology behind CBP hiring process", by the way, that will be my next best seller lol! "
            "Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting" Positive thinking fellas!

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait wait wait
            Do this.... Ok now wait!!

Yesterday I contacted them and was told my process is complete and I was referred to training and scheduling for my final offer and an EOD. So, after 21 months I'm still waiting. The end is in sight though but it needs to hurry up ha ha

• OKCsparrow
            OKCsparrow commented
            Editing a comment
            My BI is about 3 months ahead of you and I'm still waiting.

• NachoLaw
            NachoLaw commented
            Editing a comment
            I am in the same boat as, met with background investigator back in September...been waiting final adjudication. If it is meant to be it will be. God’s Will

• 18-8 VRA (GS-9) here - Update from my last post

Finally got the final offer call yesterday:

EOD at San Ysidro: 5/7
          FLETC Start Date: 5/22

Anyone else going to FLETC or SY those dates?

Comment

• 20-2 General Hire

Applied: 11-15-19
          Exam: 11-19-19
          NOR Pass/Tent Offer: 11-20-19
          Eqip: 11-25-19
          Medical: 12-4-19
          SI: 12-5-19
          AFT1: 12-10-19

Now for the long wait for the infamous Poly.

Comment

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            So basically have a nice spring/summer ha

• EOD Feb 3rd. And FLETC on Feb 20th...seeing who might be in my class

Comment

• FerrerRodriguez
            FerrerRodriguez commented
            Editing a comment
            Question are u suppost to arrive a day before your eod date or the fletc date

• klocklear86
            klocklear86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know for sure the FLETC date so you can get your room and all that...Your EOD I'm not sure...

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            FerrerRodriguez well your EOD is when you show up to your duty location. So I'd be in the area a day prior. That way you know you have your room, car, and stuff ready to go so that you make your EOD easy going.

• standtheman just curious did you wear glasses when you went to medical exam and told you to get lasik in order to complete medical.

Comment

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. My glasses were thick and i could not even see the big E

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of the hiring process

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3921 users online. 274 members and 3647 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X