300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the Southwest border?

Anyone know about the 6 week Spanish course after academy graduation?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going there come March. I was told that I would be taking the 6 week course

• Hey all, little background on my process thus far before my question:

Everything is completed in cass right now. SI/Medical/Polygraph/Etc... other than my background investigation. Also, I took my polygraph one month ago with a pass immediately followed (one week later) by my drug test which was also a pass.

Now, what's odd about this is I haven't even had a sit down with my background investigator which from what I read is usually BEFORE your drug test. The only communication I've had with my BI is a request for fingerprint cards to be completed which was sent in this week. Note I did opt for provisional clearance.

My question is: In others experience that have gone through the process does this mean I was granted provisional clearance since I completed both my Poly and Drug test without a sit down with a BI? I'm about two years into the hiring process thus far and am hoping that provisional was granted based off the order of events.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      rmpee what happened to you happened to me as far a granted provisional. I got my final call about 3 weeks after my DT cleared. Took the position and was told to make sure to stay on top of my BI stuff when it comes time. Got called by the investigator a couple weeks later to set up a meet. That was 3 weeks ago, and since then have done a few clarification phone calls. My EoD is set for March 30th with an April 14th FLETC date.

That being said I almost got early entry for this week EoD but someone snagged the slot before me since I was a little slow to email back (my dumb mistake won't happen again if they get anymore slots lol)

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I'm already 3 weeks out from my drug test, maybe my location has something to do with the longer wait? All I can do is wait some more!

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      rmpee what port did you select?

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet I'm waiting on the call...will ask for JFK though

• So I’m sitting at 88% on the hiring app Im done with everything 3 weeks ago they had turn a medical evaluation that l had to fill out informing them of if had any new medical issues since the last time they checked l said ... still waiting on a call gs9 for lax any know how long it may take

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations just curious how long was your wait for the polygraph exam I am just trying to get a sense of the time frame I am coming up up to one year since I applied and I am waiting to be scheduled for the poly. Any feedback is always appreciated. Thank you

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey could you give a dm if you ever get the offer? And I'll do the same. Just so I know what phone number to look out for.

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got the call EOD April 21 at lax

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Lucky. I hope a call comes through for soon. Was it an Los Angeles number or was it something else? What phone # should I be looking out for?.

Also exciting for you. And good luck on everything.

• ***deleted***
    Last edited by Charbouli; 12-03-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      ****Deleted****
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 11-27-2019, 09:09 PM.

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends l got the call way after my drug test

• Hey guys, hope all is well. Currently a CBPO at JFK and wanting to get back home to Miami. If you know of anyone trying to swap please let me know. You can PM me. Thanks.
    CBPO - JFK, NY

Comment

• Hello Folks-

As some of you know already (I made a post yesterday but then deleted it) I was told that I failed my poly. This was my second application with CBP and second poly. Long story short, the examiner said that they liked me a lot and would recommend a re-test but that QC has the final say. The polygraph equipment literally broke in the middle of my exam as well so maybe that has something to do with it. I had to go sit outside while they fixed the gear. Never seen that one before (I've had 5 poly's all passed except the ones with CBP).

Anyway, my question is (I should have asked this yesterday), has anyone here currently been told they failed based on scores but was given a retest at the examiners request? I was stuck on two questions.

Regarding the 40 year old age limit for CBP, is that for applying or appointment? If you applied at 40 you wouldn't be appointed until probably 42.
      Last edited by NYJRM10; 11-27-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYJRM10 hey bud jist here to offer a little help. To answer your questions yes i have been told i didnt fail, but didnt pass and was called back 3 times to retake the test. On the 3rd time i passed. As far as the age limit i know from personal experience because i was 39 when i took the test and passed. You must be no more than 40 years old when you get the conditional offer meaning you cannot be more than 40 when they send you the email that you passed the test. After that its ok. I am 41 now and just recieved the offer last week to EOD in April. So dont give up jist hang in there

• NYJRM10
        NYJRM10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FORT. Congrats! Like you I am determined to get hired on with CBP. That would actually afford me two more tries if you can be 40 at time of TSL. Regarding my poly, I was flat out told that my scores dictated a fail and they would submit the file as a fail. If QC finds something they don't agree with (like equipment malfunctioning the whole time and breaking at one point) they will issue a retest. However, the Examiner alluded to the reality that a retest is extremely unlikely even though they "thought I was a very great candidate"

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Former military recieve a blanket age waiver...if that helps.

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYJRM10, bro they tell that to everyone. I heard that the second time and the brought me back for a 3rd time. I know someone that did it 5 times before passing. Just keep hope alive until the email comes through. If you really did fail then just take the test again and try again.

• NYJRM10 I’m at the 40 mark but I applied when I was 39 so I get to go through the process. I just will not be able to reapply because of my age.

Just my opinion if you had a problem with equipment and it was noted the QC should let you retest that section and move forward.

Comment

• NYJRM10
        NYJRM10 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a relief. That means I get one more shot. Yes, without getting too specific, an actual physical piece of the equipment on me broke. Very strange. But who knows whether or not they even documented the equipment failure. Regardless though, they still failed me. I wasn't nervous one bit, not anxious, and no, I did not lie.
        Last edited by NYJRM10; 11-27-2019, 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo

• NYJRM10
        NYJRM10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you had your poly yet?

• Not yet I am coming up to 1 year since I applied all is green pending polygraph, background in progress and drug test in progress.

Comment

• Anyone ever get a call from OPR when they're waiting for their background to clear?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          All the time, people who got provisional granted
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-27-2019, 07:41 PM.

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think OPR calls applicants for that. I was never called about my provisional clear status when I got it

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheridan1 my bad, probably we were talking 2 separate things, I was talking about people got provisional granted, still waiting on their background and received the offer call...

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I did once. They called to see if I knew my ex wifes current phone number so they could get in touch. I could only give them her last known number from a few years ago.

Last edited by MattCBP; 12-11-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP I’m 19-2 regular announcement and I have been waiting for about 2 months for my background to clear. Hopefully they start with ours next lol

• rmpee
          rmpee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey I'm 18-5 and still waiting...get in line buddy! I joke of course....the wait, especially at the end when everything is completed, is rough

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been waiting 4mos to clear background

• MissAmitious
          MissAmitious commented
          Editing a comment
          18-12 here. Background submitted 7 months ago. Only waiting on background to clear and DT.

• Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful I have this place to share this wild ride of a process with all of you!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Thanksgiving @Jeffman

• Hello again everyone, Happy Thankgiving....
        had one question for anyone who would know. Anyone know the work schedule @ Philadelphia Airport...thats the location i picked and just wanted to know what the work schedule was????

Comment

• Okay guys, I was sent to redo my fingerprints yesterday. I'm on provisional clearance and took my drug test two weeks ago.
          I got "THE CALL" yesterday, selected San Ysidro as my port.
          Does anyone know the shift schedules that they work?
          My EOD is on 1/28/2020 and Acadamy is on 2-12-2020 to 6-17-2020
          Anybody else have these dates? Any tips to prep for my EOD and Academy.

Comment

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations man, that's fantastic!

Do you mind if I ask what announcement and if you were a DH/VRA/General Hire?

I just sent my fingerprints in this week myself so I'm in hope that I'm in the same boat soon. You must feel like a weight was lifted from your shoulders.

• EE626619
            EE626619 commented
            Editing a comment
            19-2
            Not really because I'm still provisional clearance, so it will be lifted once I pass my background investigation.

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Still though at least some of the doubt is gone since you have an eod and a set academy date... It's a good thing

• Most large to huge ports like Philadelphia and San Ysidro have many different shift combinations depending on circumstances. Airports tend to have more specific and non-standard shifts due to the predictability of flights.

Standard shifts most places hover around the 0000-0800, 0800-1600, 1600-2400 model. Most shifts for new hires and recent trainees will be along the lines of 0800-1600.
          Last edited by merlin436; 11-28-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• I EOD at Memphis on Feb. 3rd and FLETC on Feb 24th...Just seeing how everyone's process is going. I was informed of my selection on August....GS9 19-2

Comment

• David1984
              David1984 commented
              Editing a comment
              klocklear86 Wow your lucky I’m also 19-2 but for Miami I’m 2 months in my BI. I’m regular announcement.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12160 users online. 392 members and 11768 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X