Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYJRM10 I’m at the 40 mark but I applied when I was 39 so I get to go through the process. I just will not be able to reapply because of my age.

Just my opinion if you had a problem with equipment and it was noted the QC should let you retest that section and move forward.

Comment

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a relief. That means I get one more shot. Yes, without getting too specific, an actual physical piece of the equipment on me broke. Very strange. But who knows whether or not they even documented the equipment failure. Regardless though, they still failed me. I wasn't nervous one bit, not anxious, and no, I did not lie.
      Last edited by NYJRM10; 11-27-2019, 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you had your poly yet?

• Not yet I am coming up to 1 year since I applied all is green pending polygraph, background in progress and drug test in progress.

Comment

• Anyone ever get a call from OPR when they're waiting for their background to clear?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        All the time, people who got provisional granted
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-27-2019, 07:41 PM.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think OPR calls applicants for that. I was never called about my provisional clear status when I got it

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheridan1 my bad, probably we were talking 2 separate things, I was talking about people got provisional granted, still waiting on their background and received the offer call...

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I did once. They called to see if I knew my ex wifes current phone number so they could get in touch. I could only give them her last known number from a few years ago.

Last edited by MattCBP; 12-11-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        MattCBP I’m 19-2 regular announcement and I have been waiting for about 2 months for my background to clear. Hopefully they start with ours next lol

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey I'm 18-5 and still waiting...get in line buddy! I joke of course....the wait, especially at the end when everything is completed, is rough

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been waiting 4mos to clear background

• MissAmitious
        MissAmitious commented
        Editing a comment
        18-12 here. Background submitted 7 months ago. Only waiting on background to clear and DT.

• Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful I have this place to share this wild ride of a process with all of you!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Thanksgiving @Jeffman

• Hello again everyone, Happy Thankgiving....
      had one question for anyone who would know. Anyone know the work schedule @ Philadelphia Airport...thats the location i picked and just wanted to know what the work schedule was????

Comment

• Okay guys, I was sent to redo my fingerprints yesterday. I'm on provisional clearance and took my drug test two weeks ago.
        I got "THE CALL" yesterday, selected San Ysidro as my port.
        Does anyone know the shift schedules that they work?
        My EOD is on 1/28/2020 and Acadamy is on 2-12-2020 to 6-17-2020
        Anybody else have these dates? Any tips to prep for my EOD and Academy.

Comment

• rmpee
          rmpee commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations man, that's fantastic!

Do you mind if I ask what announcement and if you were a DH/VRA/General Hire?

I just sent my fingerprints in this week myself so I'm in hope that I'm in the same boat soon. You must feel like a weight was lifted from your shoulders.

• EE626619
          EE626619 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-2
          Not really because I'm still provisional clearance, so it will be lifted once I pass my background investigation.

• rmpee
          rmpee commented
          Editing a comment
          Still though at least some of the doubt is gone since you have an eod and a set academy date... It's a good thing

• Most large to huge ports like Philadelphia and San Ysidro have many different shift combinations depending on circumstances. Airports tend to have more specific and non-standard shifts due to the predictability of flights.

Standard shifts most places hover around the 0000-0800, 0800-1600, 1600-2400 model. Most shifts for new hires and recent trainees will be along the lines of 0800-1600.
        Last edited by merlin436; 11-28-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• I EOD at Memphis on Feb. 3rd and FLETC on Feb 24th...Just seeing how everyone's process is going. I was informed of my selection on August....GS9 19-2

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            klocklear86 Wow your lucky I’m also 19-2 but for Miami I’m 2 months in my BI. I’m regular announcement.

• April 5th 2019 - Original announcement GS5 19-6

April 8th - EQIP received

April 15th - Medical passed

April 23rd - Fitness passed

June 10th - SI passed

October 31st - Re-applied/selected for announcement GS9 20-1

Polygraph Pending - probably going to be waiting until summer

Comment

• Turboboigti
            Turboboigti commented
            Editing a comment
            If nothing is improved on CBP's side, easy 12 months.

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Took me 14 months from SI to poly. Wait is real

• SATX2019
            SATX2019 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 20-1 as well in the same boat, Hope for the worst expect the best when it comes to the wait time. Is yours the VRA?

• rmpee thanks for sharing. What announcement are you in and what port are you requesting.

Comment

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            18-5. I'm hoping to get JFK since I'm in NYC. Newark is a secondary option...although far behind JFK

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will get JFK when you receive the call just ask and you shall receive.

• Anyone else in 19-1? Currently at 50% waiting for poly.

Comment

• Turboboigti
            Turboboigti commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 Maddoxthe13th right next to you guys, 19-2 JFK or EWR 50%, 34 weeks after SI.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s definitely a long hiring process. I hope to get scheduled soon for the polygraph exam. Seems like it’s a raffle drawing your name or application # spins on a wheel and finally you are contacted. I don’t know how it’s done but all I can say at this point and time is have faith the call or email will happen.

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I don't think it's as random as it seems. I'm sure va and dh get fast tracked and general hires are bumped back but my friend and I took the same exam on the same day and we went for every single step within days of each other. Actually our SI and polygraph were actually the same day in the same building with different polygraphers. Being as this is such a long process for us to have the exact same steps probably isn't a coincidence. Location is probably a determining factor as well, we are in the same metropolitan area

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            rmpee I hear you I am aware that VRA and direct hire would be first to be chosen.

• finally EOD April 21 lax gs9 anyone has the same

Comment

• Hey guys so I’m putting in for CBPO for NJ. For the guys already on the job is there anything to do other than just stamp etc?

Comment

• How long is the CBP written exam good for ? I took it this year in March and scored 80 but something unfortunate in my hiring process happened and I have to reapply in a year. I was wondering if I was going to have to take it again ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3899 users online. 273 members and 3626 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X