Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all I just received an email from OPR “The Customs and Border Protection Agency is processing your application for employment. As part of the next phase in the security process, you are being scheduled for a continuation of your last polygraph examination.
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you need to come back for 2nd round, finish up whatever part didn't get good read... dominicano its all good, people need to do this all the time... and pass... good luck man

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      dominicano Good luck, this is definitely positive news.

• Thank you bro hope everything comes out good
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just be positive it will all work out. What announcement are you in and what port are requesting?

• Hi everyone,

19-5 GS9 @ 50%.

underwent my polygraph yesterday for the first time. Polygraph was with a very nice examiner, explained everything in detail and made me feel at ease. However, I was really nervous and was told I failed. Was stuck on one question I know for a fact I gave it my 110% honesty on. The pressure cuff gave me a little anxiety and half the time my arm was numb.

what next? Will I be disqualified and that’s it, or will I get a second polygraph.

Any guidance and information would gladly put me at ease.

Comment

• zTiger
      zTiger commented
      Editing a comment
      Was your polygraph for JFK?
      I think its possible you might get to appeal it or they'll ask for a second one. I think it depends on once its reviewed they'll give you an answer.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll be up to quality control in the end. Just keep your chin up and keep a look out for an email in the coming weeks either way.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to receiving the polygraph exam. I am in 19-2 announcement for JFK and no polygraph exam scheduled for me.

My gut feeling you will receive the pass at worst case scenario they will ask you to take it again.

It is frustrating but what I have read on this forum from others is some examiners will tell you that you failed to see your reaction to put you on tilt. Keep your head up and leave it to the big man in the sky he always sets things straight for all of
      us.

• NYCFinest3201
      NYCFinest3201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all! Will most definitely keep an eye out for a email and my head up. Wish everyone success in the process!

• zTiger Yes it was for JFK, how long is the waiting game on this?

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      How did a 19-5 go ahead of everyone?!

• NYCFinest3201
      NYCFinest3201 commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend is 19-8 and starts academy in the next few weeks.

• Anyone having problems with login.gov tonight?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I am I cannot log in very strange maybe they are updating

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for confirming!

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 if you're still having issues, I changed my default browser from chrome to Firefox and can login.

• Has anybody met with there investigator multiple times explaining the same over and over again?

Comment

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      I only met him once 4 months ago haven’t seen him since I’m at 88% just finished my final medical the ones you fill out on your own

• Aussie_xo
      Aussie_xo commented
      Editing a comment
      Keee562 No, usually the BI guys meeting with us are contractors. So someone is directing them.

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that just seem odd to be very redundant at each meeting that’s all

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      not in person but over the phone yes on 3 different calls. the investigator was just as frustrated since it was management asking not him, and him knowing he covered the questions in his report.

• 18-9 Regular hire. 17 months in and CASS only at 50%.

Comment

• Anthony42567
      Anthony42567 commented
      Editing a comment
      antoniojeff808 I'm waiting on either SFO or LAX as well. Haven't received any word on poly scheduling yet. I'm thinking about just reapplying to a new announcement in hopes that'll possible get things going. But it'd be another regular hire announcement so idk if that'll even make a difference. Worse case scenario, it may put me at the back of the line again? Who knows.

• Anthony42567
      Anthony42567 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP haha man at this point 2021 would be best case scenario.

• Anthony42567
      Anthony42567 commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 nope, no hold ups. Everything went and cleared smoothly. Last notification i received was to send a fingerprint card in and that was back in March.

• Anthony42567
      Anthony42567 commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman which announcement are you now? I'm wondering if i should do the same and reapply under a different announcement. However, idk if that'll make it better or worse in terms of standby time..

• E.O.D April 27

Comment

• So everyone just an update. Recieved my call today after 2 years and 1 month of waiting finally got the call and got the location i wanted which was Philadelphia. Just goes to show that you cannot give up hope. After having issues with Selective Service, 3 polygraphs, having to redo my medical finally got the call. I EOD on April 13th Academy on April 27th to August 31st. I was offered multiple locations including Arizona, Chicago, California amost others finally i just asked for Philadelphia and got it. So goes to show give it time and youll get whay you want. I was actually offered to go EOD for next week but due to having to let my job know and just a little too quickly i chose April. So like i said for all of you's hang in there and youll get in.

Comment

• MissAmitious
        MissAmitious commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978 I apologize if you've already answered this but where you DH, Reg, or VRA? Was Dallas on your original announcement 2.1 years ago. I am very interested in getting it.

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        @MissAmbitious i was a regular annoucement (17-10 location negotiable). Since i wa sLocation Negotiable as long they had a position for GS7 at the location i wanted it was available to me.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        already on EOD, Im leaving to Fletc next Tuesday.

• Aussie_xo
        Aussie_xo commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 How has your first two weeks been?

• Got an email today asking if I wanted to start my EoD Monday instead of March. I replied that i'll accept it. Hopefully I'll get a confirmation email tomorrow on it. Gotta make sure my $ is good to go for the two weeks and the flight from TN to TX.

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Tsfrost funny thing cause when i got the call yesterday they offered me to start on Monday also but thats too last minute for me.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978 yea it's super early. About to go to walmart to buy everything needed for the trip. Not 100% sure i've got the new EoD yet since i'm waiting on an official email, but I figure I need to be packed just in case. Especially getting my uniforms ready for turn in tomorrow since it would have to be my last day at the airport i work at.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got another email from CBP. The slot they offered me for early entry has been filled before I could say yes. So I'm back on the early entry list. Hopefully I'll hear from them again soon on a different date. Dang I just finished packing too lol.

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost that sucks.....lol....everything happens for a reason though so just hold on...

• TsFost I'm 512 and will start two days before you at FLETC

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm just having a mini panic attack lol. I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow to let me know something because if they want me there Monday like the first email asked about then I need to get things booked, and fast. Plus I'll need to let my TSA HR know about it and get my uniforms turned in.

• What are the rules when it comes to driving to FLETC?

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        check fletc.gov

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rules?

Wear your seat belt.
        Dont drive under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
        Obey the posted speed limit.

Also look up the JTR it's the regulation that covers travel for federal employees. It's the basic, specific agency guidelines also apply and those would have to be asked of a CBP travel manager.

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        You get one day for travel on the govts dime, any more time you need comes out of your AL. On FLETC, park only where told. No driving during class time. The rest is pretty standard.

• shades0132 im 19-11 waiting on Poly as well. What port are you trying to get? Are you provisional?

Comment

• shades0132
        shades0132 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi whitjj72 , I live in the WNY area so Buffalo is my desired port. But, if they offered somewhere in FL i'd consider it. Yes, I am provisional Clearance . Best of luck to you. I hope you get your desired location and can help serve our Great Country!

• What's up everyone. Haven't been on in a while. My job has been keeping me busy as of late. I got a question for y'all. So I've been waiting for a nopa which I have not received yet. I checked cass today and my background went from "In progress" to "pending". What does this mean. Obviously I know what pending means but has anyone had that happen when waiting on a nopa or green check mark? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Has anyone had their bi on cass change from "In progress" to "pending" while waiting on a nopa or green check mark? Mine did that the other day.

• antoniojeff808
        antoniojeff808 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 so how'd u know if u r getting a NOPA? Do u get thru an email or from the mailbox? Coz my BI section was "in progress " status the whole time from where my case was sent to OPR to meeting my BI. And then I've got a green check mark, says Completed, the other day.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        MHC called me when I reached out to them about my bi. I met my investigator back in September 2018 and I was reaching out to see what was going on and he told me. That was in August. I reached out to my case manager last month and he confirmed it. Then all of a sudden it changed to pending and I'm trying to figure out why it would do that and if anyone has experienced that.

• Does this look correct? I am sitting @ 50%. I thought the polygraph came before the background?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that is correct.

• Florida_Man
        Florida_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s normal. Your background is in progress once EQIP gets submitted to OPR. They do a preliminary vetting, then they call you for a background. My background has been in process since February and still haven’t been called for a polygraph. Sit tight and wait a while lol..

• Miguellic
        Miguellic commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you also GS9 19-8?

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all for the input, much appreciated.

I am a GS7 applicant and applied in the beginning of March so I believe I am GS7 19-5?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12191 users online. 454 members and 11737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X