Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to get lasik and the nurse just called starting she couldn't extend the deadline of when my updated vision would be complete (2 months from now). She had to cancel my application and suggested I reapply closer to the 3 month date post surgery. Is this normal? I just didn't want to wait even longer for everything to resume. I have my physical and SI completed. They gave me about 1 month after I completed the medical to redo my eye exam so it was impossible to complete. I guess this is just a heads up to people needing lasik.

Comment

• IanCBP
      IanCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey bro, I have the same issue. I had my lasik done back October. Before the surgery I submit the waiver request. I still not hear anything back yet. I emailed CBP medical team about my lasik. They told me that reapply the position after 90 days healing period. Any processes you have completed will carry over if they do not expire by the time you are re-selected. I have not withdrawal the previous application yet because I reapplied last week. Once I am re-selected, I will withdrawal the old application, because I don't want them withdrawal my application which may close my new application as well. Good luck bro.

• shades0132 same here, let’s keep in touch! Goodluck sounds like we’re in the same waiting period. I also elected provisional and Buffalo.

Comment

• shades0132 same here, let’s keep in touch! Goodluck sounds like we’re in the same waiting period. I also elected provisional and Buffalo.

Comment

• Hello Team,

ALL I missing is Polygraph and Drug Test. Please speed up CBP!!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man, Your background cleared before the poly? Welcome to "please speed up cbp team" lol

• CASS 50 percent complete.
        Location JFK Air Port.
        Applied on Oct 25th

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in same boat 50% on CASS waiting for the polygraph for JFK port. I’m in 19-2 announcement. I guess a little more patience is the key. Hang in there if it’s meant to be it will be.

• Hello all. Announcement 18-8 direct hire

First post Been on this site every now and then for the past year, i first applied june 2018. I finally got my drug test 2 weeks ago, passed that and turned in a medical update form. I am 88% done only left is the fitness exam 2 and the offer. Does anyone know if I'm suppose to do the exam before I get to the training program or do i do it there.

Anyone else in the same boat, I know alot of these post have the training scheduled already, I am still waiting on the offer.

Any advice is helpful
        Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Negative on pft2, not required for 18-8, how long you had to wait for background to clear? I'm 18-8 DH too... I still have to wait for background, congrats on getting thru man. The call should be anytime now. Glue the phone to your hand... Lol

• Beaueeeazy
          Beaueeeazy commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my Background in May, it took about 2-3 months to get cleared. So from August til November, I heard nothing until I got the drug test. Everything should be done I think, but I dont have any Eod or anything. It just baffled that I dont have any offer when I'm this far along the process. A friend of a friend applied around the same time give or take a month is already halfway thru training. Is there a number I can call to see where I am in the process, in the app theres only pft2 and the offer.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Beaueeeazy you are fine, the call is coming, like I said, I'm 18-8, same timeline with you, I had no issue with medical or Eqip but still waiting on background, think positive, you are ahead of me... lol , no pft2, its grayed out. not required for 18-8, you can call your case manager or email [email protected] to ask
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-26-2019, 07:50 AM.

• NoSlack898
          NoSlack898 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-8 Been waiting on the call since first week of Nov.

• **Deleted**
        Last edited by NYJRM10; 11-26-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that they may have just said that to rattle you up possibly but you know best from past experiences. They may call you to test again a section of it once QC reviews it.

I hear you. I will let you know how I make out once I get scheduled for the polygraph.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this process.

• NYJRM10
          NYJRM10 commented
          Editing a comment
          **Deleted**

• NYJRM10 once again thank you for sharing so I guess if it’s meant to be it will be. It is what it is.

Comment

• NYJRM10
          NYJRM10 commented
          Editing a comment
          **Deleted**

• Your not lying unfortunately they go by what a machine is reading. I would feel the same way.

Comment

• Anyone going to the Southwest border?

Anyone know about the 6 week Spanish course after academy graduation?

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going there come March. I was told that I would be taking the 6 week course

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            While I was at FLETC, I spoke with some CBP people and it's literally just 6 weeks of Rosetta Stone. I realize this is a super late response. Haven't been on in awhile

• Hey all, little background on my process thus far before my question:

Everything is completed in cass right now. SI/Medical/Polygraph/Etc... other than my background investigation. Also, I took my polygraph one month ago with a pass immediately followed (one week later) by my drug test which was also a pass.

Now, what's odd about this is I haven't even had a sit down with my background investigator which from what I read is usually BEFORE your drug test. The only communication I've had with my BI is a request for fingerprint cards to be completed which was sent in this week. Note I did opt for provisional clearance.

My question is: In others experience that have gone through the process does this mean I was granted provisional clearance since I completed both my Poly and Drug test without a sit down with a BI? I'm about two years into the hiring process thus far and am hoping that provisional was granted based off the order of events.

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            rmpee what happened to you happened to me as far a granted provisional. I got my final call about 3 weeks after my DT cleared. Took the position and was told to make sure to stay on top of my BI stuff when it comes time. Got called by the investigator a couple weeks later to set up a meet. That was 3 weeks ago, and since then have done a few clarification phone calls. My EoD is set for March 30th with an April 14th FLETC date.

That being said I almost got early entry for this week EoD but someone snagged the slot before me since I was a little slow to email back (my dumb mistake won't happen again if they get anymore slots lol)

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I'm already 3 weeks out from my drug test, maybe my location has something to do with the longer wait? All I can do is wait some more!

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            rmpee what port did you select?

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing yet I'm waiting on the call...will ask for JFK though

• So I’m sitting at 88% on the hiring app Im done with everything 3 weeks ago they had turn a medical evaluation that l had to fill out informing them of if had any new medical issues since the last time they checked l said ... still waiting on a call gs9 for lax any know how long it may take

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations just curious how long was your wait for the polygraph exam I am just trying to get a sense of the time frame I am coming up up to one year since I applied and I am waiting to be scheduled for the poly. Any feedback is always appreciated. Thank you

• Beaueeeazy
            Beaueeeazy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey could you give a dm if you ever get the offer? And I'll do the same. Just so I know what phone number to look out for.

• Jr90037
            Jr90037 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the call EOD April 21 at lax

• Beaueeeazy
            Beaueeeazy commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Lucky. I hope a call comes through for soon. Was it an Los Angeles number or was it something else? What phone # should I be looking out for?.

Also exciting for you. And good luck on everything.

• ***deleted***
          Last edited by Charbouli; 12-03-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            ****Deleted****
            Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 11-27-2019, 09:09 PM.

• Jr90037
            Jr90037 commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends l got the call way after my drug test

• Hey guys, hope all is well. Currently a CBPO at JFK and wanting to get back home to Miami. If you know of anyone trying to swap please let me know. You can PM me. Thanks.
          CBPO - JFK, NY

Comment

• Hello Folks-

As some of you know already (I made a post yesterday but then deleted it) I was told that I failed my poly. This was my second application with CBP and second poly. Long story short, the examiner said that they liked me a lot and would recommend a re-test but that QC has the final say. The polygraph equipment literally broke in the middle of my exam as well so maybe that has something to do with it. I had to go sit outside while they fixed the gear. Never seen that one before (I've had 5 poly's all passed except the ones with CBP).

Anyway, my question is (I should have asked this yesterday), has anyone here currently been told they failed based on scores but was given a retest at the examiners request? I was stuck on two questions.

Regarding the 40 year old age limit for CBP, is that for applying or appointment? If you applied at 40 you wouldn't be appointed until probably 42.
            Last edited by NYJRM10; 11-27-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• fort1978
              fort1978 commented
              Editing a comment
              NYJRM10 hey bud jist here to offer a little help. To answer your questions yes i have been told i didnt fail, but didnt pass and was called back 3 times to retake the test. On the 3rd time i passed. As far as the age limit i know from personal experience because i was 39 when i took the test and passed. You must be no more than 40 years old when you get the conditional offer meaning you cannot be more than 40 when they send you the email that you passed the test. After that its ok. I am 41 now and just recieved the offer last week to EOD in April. So dont give up jist hang in there

• NYJRM10
              NYJRM10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks FORT. Congrats! Like you I am determined to get hired on with CBP. That would actually afford me two more tries if you can be 40 at time of TSL. Regarding my poly, I was flat out told that my scores dictated a fail and they would submit the file as a fail. If QC finds something they don't agree with (like equipment malfunctioning the whole time and breaking at one point) they will issue a retest. However, the Examiner alluded to the reality that a retest is extremely unlikely even though they "thought I was a very great candidate"

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Former military recieve a blanket age waiver...if that helps.

• fort1978
              fort1978 commented
              Editing a comment
              NYJRM10, bro they tell that to everyone. I heard that the second time and the brought me back for a 3rd time. I know someone that did it 5 times before passing. Just keep hope alive until the email comes through. If you really did fail then just take the test again and try again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3892 users online. 272 members and 3620 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X