300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    No. Uniforms change depending on job duty.

Wearing boots at the airport...not likely.

Wait until you're hired and out of the academy before buying anything. (Good advice for every new hire.) Much of what you think you'll need later, you'll probably won't. Or, it'll be given to you...or you'll have it available to get with uniform allowance money.

Save your cash until you know what you'll need.
    I wore boots at the airport everyday for five years. That being said, you are only supposed to wear items purchased thru the uniform vender VFsolutions. You can't do that until after you EOD and an account is set up for you.

FB

Comment

• Anyone stationed at Newark N.J (EWR) currently? I just wanted some info on how the schedule is there. Is there plenty of O.T.? How soon will they ask for new hires?

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
        Anyone stationed at Newark N.J (EWR) currently? I just wanted some info on how the schedule is there. Is there plenty of O.T.? How soon will they ask for new hires?
        Im not an employee or anything, but I do know that there were a handful of applicants that just got the call last week or the week before that. Most of them have been waiting as long as 6 months, so I'm not sure how long it will be depending on when you entered TSU.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
          I wore boots at the airport everyday for five years. That being said, you are only supposed to wear items purchased thru the uniform vender VFsolutions. You can't do that until after you EOD and an account is set up for you.

FB
          Were you working cargo?

You'd know better than me but I'm thinking class 2's and Danners are a likely mismatch. Since I can't recall that last time I wore class 2's, I could very well be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Were you working cargo?

You'd know better than me but I'm thinking class 2's and Danners are a likely mismatch. Since I can't recall that last time I wore class 2's, I could very well be wrong.
            Passenger processing in a primary booth and secondary. Boots can be worn with the class 2 uniform.

FB

Comment

Anyone stationed at Newark N.J (EWR) currently? I just wanted some info on how the schedule is there. Is there plenty of O.T.? How soon will they ask for new hires?
              A buddy of mine works there. He was saying there is a lot of O/T at the airport. He also said in the last 8-9 months they have hired a lot of people.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• How long does it take to be sent to TSU? How long does it take TSU to schedule you?

Comment

• Hi, New here, glad to have found you guys!

I searched but was not able to find an answer....my Geo Pref is WA-all other locations. Hoping for Port Angeles or even Spokane. What are the odds of that vs. Seattle? Big cities are not really my thing!

Thanks!

Comment

How long does it take to be sent to TSU? How long does it take TSU to schedule you?
                    They will do a final review to make sure everything is complete and send it over. Should be a week or so. Other part could be a few days, weeks, or months. Depends on slots available.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      They will do a final review to make sure everything is complete and send it over. Should be a week or so. Other part could be a few days, weeks, or months. Depends on slots available.
                      Thanks audi0, anyone know if slots are still available in N.J. i see KC12 said "

Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                      A buddy of mine works there. He was saying there is a lot of O/T at the airport. He also said in the last 8-9 months they have hired a lot of people.

Comment

• I received a TO for the Buffalo Field Office a few weeks back, then sent in all paperwork last week. Any advice for someone who will be taking the VBT?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                          I received a TO for the Buffalo Field Office a few weeks back, then sent in all paperwork last week. Any advice for someone who will be taking the VBT?
                          Dress to impress and keep a customer service mindset.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                            I received a TO for the Buffalo Field Office a few weeks back, then sent in all paperwork last week. Any advice for someone who will be taking the VBT?
                            Dress in Business attire, meaning suit, tie and jacket.

Comment

• Thanks, I'll make sure of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                                Passenger processing in a primary booth and secondary. Boots can be worn with the class 2 uniform.

FB
                                You are 100% correct. I wear boots everyday. The Danners are great.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10854 users online. 385 members and 10469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X