Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello folks. Quick question here, my poly is scheduled for the end of the month and I just remembered that the current address on my application is not accurate as I moved out of state a month ago. Would it be best to update that address with the BI assuming I pass the poly or just email MHC now? Am I correct to assume that an address update will require another EQIP recertification and set me back another few weeks (my recertifications always sat for weeks before clearing)? Thanks.

Comment

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I am 19-2 and current LEO at a county department. This will be my sixth polygraph so I am not stressing it at all. Ironically though, out of all the polygraphs I have taken throughout the years, the only one I ever received an unfavorable on was my first one, with CBP. So, we'll see how things go this time around.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Luck and I am glad to see you will have your redemption this time. 2nd time is a charm like the saying goes. Well I have one shot at it as I age out of this process. I hope to receive the call or email soon. Northeast region has been a long wait for the poly. We may see each other at Flect I’m also 19-2 for JFK.

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to make some changes the day of my poly and we just did them there, no biggy, you'll have to recert your EQIP before you meet your BI anyway.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      update with the examiner and update again when recertifying eqip and confirming when meeting investigator... Everything just have to match, imagine examiner asks if you change your address recently, you say no, then on your eqip you say you did, and when meeting investigator you say you did, if they find discrepancy, they will nopa you, not worth a risk man.. I know someone got nopa for info not matching like that
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-18-2019, 07:56 AM.

• What is the base starting pay rate for GS7 (NYC JFK) DUTY STATION?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      GS 7 Step 1 NYC is 48,375, that's with locality

GS 7 Step 1 NYC is 36,356, that's base

check on OPM

• 19-1 regular hire

Morning everyone,

I finally got the Polygraph email!

My poly is scheduled next month and I'm feeling good and confident about it.

The longest hurdle for me was the medical but it was due to my vision. I would have been disqualified due to my uncorrected vision but I got Lasik and my medical cleared after a few months.

Just have to keep reminding myself that slow progress is still progress.

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndGenFed Good attitude man, I am still on the poly wait and thats a good way to look at it. I know people on the job due to friends, and they love it. Its worth the wait for a rewarding career hang tight. Good luck on the poly let us know how it goes.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to receiving polygraph email. Things should be moving along for you.

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 - Hey thanks, I appreciate it. I waited one year since my SI to be scheduled for the poly. The one year wait time seems to be the norm so we'll see how long the BI takes. I'm a current federal employee so I'm hoping it won't take too long.

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 Thanks and I agree attitude is everything. I'll keep posting the results of this journey and hopefully I can help others as much as this forum has helped me. Like you said, it'll be worth the wait.

• Good afternoon and Happy Monday.
    I have a small question.(for those who have taken the drug test and passed it) what is the turn around for results?

Comment

• Aussie_xo
      Aussie_xo commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine came back in three days. But I had mine on a Friday so

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Took mine on a Tuesday cleared the following Monday. Geographic location will probably come into play, chances are you will provide your sample at one place (east coast for me) and they will ship it to the contracted lab/MRO which my paperwork said was in California.
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 11-18-2019, 04:08 PM.

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Carlos0933 mine took about week and a half. Im on the east coast so it has to get shipped somewhere else

• Hello,

Does anyone know if the agencies share information for some of the steps? Will the Medical, BI, Poly be transferable between the agencies? I apologize if this has already been discussed. Thank you and best of luck to everyone!
    Last edited by shades0132; 12-07-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• How long it take to get the results from the polygraph ?
      EXAM # 1320
      LIST # 15**
      EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took mine on a thursday and received verbal pass but my official result came the following monday.

• Just curious, my BI is already in process. I met with an Investigator a while back and references where contacted as well. And just today one of my references got a call from a New Mexico area code asking if an Investigator made contact or not, when over some of the questions the Investigator asked, if they met in person or over the phone, how long did the interview take et etc..I never heard of this. Was it for verification purposes? A follow up to check if the Investigator did a good job? Maybe it's a new thing...

Comment

• Hey I'm new to the forum
        Anyone here CBPO GS9 19-8 ?
        I'm at 38% waiting for my medical review.

Comment

• Hello All, I applied for CBPO position...my app says I was found suitable for employment and am going for my drug test today (75% finished yay!) Its been about a year and 4 months total for this process and I am so happy it's finally getting down to the final stage! Can anyone tell me about when I should receive "the call" after I have done my drug test? Like about how long? Also, what are the chances of me getting Buffalo, NY?

Comment

• Charbouli
            Charbouli commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 Thanks, it was a nice surprise to see that I was found suitable... I just want to know how long until I receive the call once I take my drug test this afternoon... or at least want to know how long it took others as I know everyone is different. And, my Announcement is: CBPO 18-12 how about you? I am really hoping for Buffalo as that is where my wife's family lives.
            Last edited by Charbouli; 11-19-2019, 01:18 PM.

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, im on the same boat. Originally 18-12 announcement. Except I haven't been contacted for the DT. How long after your BI turned green before you got notified of the DT. Also, did you get an email about your suitability or you just happened to see it in the CASS app...
            Last edited by 210CBPO; 11-19-2019, 09:22 PM.

• MissAmitious
            MissAmitious commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 18-12. This is exciting news!! CONGRATS. I hope to hear something soon. I am only waiting on my background to clear and drug test to follow after that. Best of luck with the remainder of your process. I hope you get what you want Charbouli

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            turnaround timr for drug test results was ten days and then ten more days for the call, some people have gotten lucky and get the call before or during the DT day. Congrats on reaching the end of the process.

• Charbouli congrats on getting closer. Im
          also awaiting Buffalo NY and from what my recruiter has said, you should be fine. I’m waiting for Poly and DT. Did you elect provisional?

Comment

• IanCBP
            IanCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you know any contact info of recruiter in New York area?

• Charbouli
            Charbouli commented
            Editing a comment
            whitjj72 No, I did not elect provisional, it took a while but I wanted to be sure before I left my current job. I don't have a recruiter, unfortunately... where are you from originally? I didn't think anyone else would want to go to Buffalo lol! My wife grew up there, its actually really nice, so much culture. Not what most think of Buffalo...
            Last edited by Charbouli; 11-19-2019, 01:17 PM.

• Charbouli
            Charbouli commented
            Editing a comment
            IanCBP No, unfortunately, I do not. I didn't go through a recruiter, I applied on my own. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! I am sure if you google it, maybe you can find some??? Not sure how that works.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment

• Hello everyone, finally I can make my first post. I am VRA applicant for 19-2. I received an email from medical team which saying I am DQ because my nearsighted vision. I submit a waiver request almost 2 months ago. Still not hear anything back yet. I did the Lasik surgery on October. Should I just reapply or keep waiting for the waiver decision?

Comment

• Alpha0556
            Alpha0556 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would let them know that you got lasik as that would mean that your sight no longer applies. You’d need a doctor evaluation for your new vision and they may ask you to retest vision.

• So I took my poly and got a mix of “you didn’t do great but not terrible” and “i don’t know, QC will have to decide” at the end of the test and the post test interview. I was told it would be up to two weeks to hear if I’m ok to retest If applicable

I don’t have high hopes due to the history of the process but hey, never know

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            That's scripted. All examiners say that. You will be fine. They notify you fast now if you passed, within few days, good luck

• Charbouli I live in buffalo and am only interesting in this location as my family and I are not interested in moving. It’s a great city, hope you get it!

Comment

• Good afternoon, I am new to the forum and would like to know if someone can help. I received the call on Friday with an offer and made a decision as to what port I wanted just off the strength that I was called after waiting so long but would like to know if I can change my port, my EOD isn't until July 2020? I chose JFK, but would like something in the eastern southern region. Any information would help and good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Finally get to post on here! I have completed my BI(sitting at 75%) and it says in CASS app that i am suitable for employment. It's been like that for a week and a half. I have yet to receive an email or notification stating it's been completed. Should I expect one or some type of communication? Does anyone know about how much longer for the drug test roughly? I selected Laredo as my preferred port.

Comment

• 210CBPO
                210CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                ncavazos Thank you! that's exactly what I wanted to know. I did hear that the only places being offered are Eagle Pass and Presidio. Hopefully its good news for me tho. I will go for Eagle Pass too. Was there locality pay for Eagle Pass?

• 210CBPO
                210CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                V_AntCBP It was sent out around the end of June or July. Haven't heard from anyone since then. So about 4 months since then.

• 210CBPO
                210CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                Kevin1234 when you click on the "details" under "completed" it will take you to like a subscreen. It reads, "you were found suitable for employment with CBP"

• ncavazos
                ncavazos commented
                Editing a comment
                210CBPO hope you get port you want. I dont believe Eagle Pass had locality. Honestly i was too excited about getting the call and at the same time bummed that it wasn't RGV...so I don't even remember even asking anything

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4139 users online. 220 members and 3919 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X