Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious, my BI is already in process. I met with an Investigator a while back and references where contacted as well. And just today one of my references got a call from a New Mexico area code asking if an Investigator made contact or not, when over some of the questions the Investigator asked, if they met in person or over the phone, how long did the interview take et etc..I never heard of this. Was it for verification purposes? A follow up to check if the Investigator did a good job? Maybe it's a new thing...

Comment

• Hey I'm new to the forum
      Anyone here CBPO GS9 19-8 ?
      I'm at 38% waiting for my medical review.

Comment

• Hello All, I applied for CBPO position...my app says I was found suitable for employment and am going for my drug test today (75% finished yay!) Its been about a year and 4 months total for this process and I am so happy it's finally getting down to the final stage! Can anyone tell me about when I should receive "the call" after I have done my drug test? Like about how long? Also, what are the chances of me getting Buffalo, NY?

Comment

• Charbouli
          Charbouli commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 Thanks, it was a nice surprise to see that I was found suitable... I just want to know how long until I receive the call once I take my drug test this afternoon... or at least want to know how long it took others as I know everyone is different. And, my Announcement is: CBPO 18-12 how about you? I am really hoping for Buffalo as that is where my wife's family lives.
          Last edited by Charbouli; 11-19-2019, 01:18 PM.

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, im on the same boat. Originally 18-12 announcement. Except I haven't been contacted for the DT. How long after your BI turned green before you got notified of the DT. Also, did you get an email about your suitability or you just happened to see it in the CASS app...
          Last edited by 210CBPO; 11-19-2019, 09:22 PM.

• MissAmitious
          MissAmitious commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 18-12. This is exciting news!! CONGRATS. I hope to hear something soon. I am only waiting on my background to clear and drug test to follow after that. Best of luck with the remainder of your process. I hope you get what you want Charbouli

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          turnaround timr for drug test results was ten days and then ten more days for the call, some people have gotten lucky and get the call before or during the DT day. Congrats on reaching the end of the process.

• Charbouli congrats on getting closer. Im
        also awaiting Buffalo NY and from what my recruiter has said, you should be fine. I’m waiting for Poly and DT. Did you elect provisional?

Comment

• IanCBP
          IanCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know any contact info of recruiter in New York area?

• Charbouli
          Charbouli commented
          Editing a comment
          whitjj72 No, I did not elect provisional, it took a while but I wanted to be sure before I left my current job. I don't have a recruiter, unfortunately... where are you from originally? I didn't think anyone else would want to go to Buffalo lol! My wife grew up there, its actually really nice, so much culture. Not what most think of Buffalo...
          Last edited by Charbouli; 11-19-2019, 01:17 PM.

• Charbouli
          Charbouli commented
          Editing a comment
          IanCBP No, unfortunately, I do not. I didn't go through a recruiter, I applied on my own. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! I am sure if you google it, maybe you can find some??? Not sure how that works.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.cbp.gov/careers/frontlin...cbpo/recruiter

• Hello everyone, finally I can make my first post. I am VRA applicant for 19-2. I received an email from medical team which saying I am DQ because my nearsighted vision. I submit a waiver request almost 2 months ago. Still not hear anything back yet. I did the Lasik surgery on October. Should I just reapply or keep waiting for the waiver decision?

Comment

• Alpha0556
          Alpha0556 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would let them know that you got lasik as that would mean that your sight no longer applies. You’d need a doctor evaluation for your new vision and they may ask you to retest vision.

• So I took my poly and got a mix of “you didn’t do great but not terrible” and “i don’t know, QC will have to decide” at the end of the test and the post test interview. I was told it would be up to two weeks to hear if I’m ok to retest If applicable

I don’t have high hopes due to the history of the process but hey, never know

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          That's scripted. All examiners say that. You will be fine. They notify you fast now if you passed, within few days, good luck

• Charbouli I live in buffalo and am only interesting in this location as my family and I are not interested in moving. It’s a great city, hope you get it!

Comment

• Good afternoon, I am new to the forum and would like to know if someone can help. I received the call on Friday with an offer and made a decision as to what port I wanted just off the strength that I was called after waiting so long but would like to know if I can change my port, my EOD isn't until July 2020? I chose JFK, but would like something in the eastern southern region. Any information would help and good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Finally get to post on here! I have completed my BI(sitting at 75%) and it says in CASS app that i am suitable for employment. It's been like that for a week and a half. I have yet to receive an email or notification stating it's been completed. Should I expect one or some type of communication? Does anyone know about how much longer for the drug test roughly? I selected Laredo as my preferred port.

Comment

• 210CBPO
              210CBPO commented
              Editing a comment
              ncavazos Thank you! that's exactly what I wanted to know. I did hear that the only places being offered are Eagle Pass and Presidio. Hopefully its good news for me tho. I will go for Eagle Pass too. Was there locality pay for Eagle Pass?

• 210CBPO
              210CBPO commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP It was sent out around the end of June or July. Haven't heard from anyone since then. So about 4 months since then.

• 210CBPO
              210CBPO commented
              Editing a comment
              Kevin1234 when you click on the "details" under "completed" it will take you to like a subscreen. It reads, "you were found suitable for employment with CBP"

• ncavazos
              ncavazos commented
              Editing a comment
              210CBPO hope you get port you want. I dont believe Eagle Pass had locality. Honestly i was too excited about getting the call and at the same time bummed that it wasn't RGV...so I don't even remember even asking anything

• 210CBPO oh that's on the background part? Because mine is not lit green. So I guess I have to wait. My drug, poly and final offer is green, not my background.

Comment

• 19-7 VRA
              Can’t believe it! Medical cleared after 3 rounds of additional medical appointments.
              There is hope.

Comment

• Nice, i am veteran and i have to apply for a waiver because my migraines. Any suggestions how to do the letter.

Comment

• Deportation Officer announcement for DHS employees/career transition

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552195500

Comment

• Hey guys I have a question I need to re certify my e qip but I’m having trouble trying to login ..I emailed cbphiringbox but keep getting the generic reply and I only have a few days to complete who else would be able to help me with this

Comment

• V_AntCBP
                      V_AntCBP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      952-857-3072 call this number, her name is Lori, I'm sure she can help you reset Eqip log in...
                      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-20-2019, 11:02 AM.

• Cxp1137
                      Cxp1137 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks so much I left a message I hope she gets back to me soon

• Anyone going to be at the academy February 24 and graduate June 26th/2020? I got the call a few months ago and accepted Alexandria Bay, NY port of entry. I start at port on February 7th. Anyone know if you can drive your own car down or do you have to fly to academy? I live in Alexandria Bay that is why I picked my hometown port.

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
                      Gdelgado0220 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m here in Fletc and I drove my car from NJ. Definitely worth the drive especially since you’ll be here 4+ months you don’t want to depend on the bus to get around. I was reimbursed lovely too. A bunch of my classmates regret not bringing their cars, you don’t want to be one of them lol

• merlin436
                      merlin436 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Drive. As Showtime said, they will pay out for the cheaper option of either mileage or the cost of airfare...which, guessing that you'd probably have to fly from Syracuse and taxi each way, airfare will likely cost the most.

• raudy06
                      raudy06 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      unfortunately im going to have to fly because i have a leased car and it ends before Fletc ends for me (april 14) also im almost at my milage limit

• spilker13
                      spilker13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the same dates and will be in Derby Line, VT. Currently live in SC and driving up there for EOD and will be driving back. Can't go 4 months without the car when my house is only 3 hours away.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3893 users online. 273 members and 3620 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X