• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody else on class CBPOBT-511?

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      The taj is officially doubled up. You’re better off in the crack houses. My class just got moved out of the taj into a hotel off site so they can convert all the rooms to doubles

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Gdelgado0220 so the crack houses are still just 2 to a bathroom 1 to a room? Or is it now 4 to a bathroom 2 2 a room? That's a lot of flushing if so.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the doubled rooms one rectangle room with two twin beds? Where are the bathrooms/showers for the Taj occupants?

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm curious, do you get to pick and swap your roommates if you choose?

• Hello, received a NOPA letter today any suggestions or tips that could help me out in order to reply good and get suitable. PM me

Thank you

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell I'm still waiting on to receive my NOPA. They told me I would get one but haven't sent it yet. That was 3 months ago.

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have ti be a little more specific in order for us to help. What was the NOPa about??

• EDIT: Nevermind they just called offering me to go earlier.
    Last edited by Aussie_xo; 11-14-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      How much earlier

• ok so after being told I wasn't going to have to re-certify my medical because i already was given EOD and cleared everything... i just got the email to re-certify my medical . only positive is that is not a lot to fill out. however I do want to ask some guidance questions to anyone who already filled out the forms ..so if you don't mind PM me please.

Comment

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Messaged you

• CBPO

19-2 DH

19-2 VRA

12/13/2018 — NOR for entry exam

01/30/2019 — EQIP started and submitted

02/12/2019 — SI

02/13/2019 — NOR for SI: Passed

02/13/2019 — Medical

02/14/2019 — PFT 1: Passed

02/19/2019 — Med in review by HRM

11/15/2019 — Polygraph

Xx/Xx/Xxxx — Drug test

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you met with Background investigator yet ?

• Alpha0556
      Alpha0556 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattCBP I have not, but i currently work for DoS and received reciprocity for my previous clearance for that position and didn’t meet with an investigator or even fill out a new SF86, maybe I’ll get lucky twice! Haha

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you'll hope lol. Good luck with it. I got my DT a couple days after my Poly due to provisional so that's about how you'll know if they will reciprocate the BI.

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      My polygraph Reciprocity was approved as well from the DOJ and I got my DT 2 days after. Then I got and EOD 3 days after. I was just sent a notification to Recertify my EQIP. My status went down to 63% from 88%. I did the Recertify and it's all lit green again and back to 88%. I just havent gotten called from my BI yet. Nor have they reached out to my contacts nor my supervisors. Although there are a bunch of DHS CBP Officials at my Command that make up our Joint Operations Command Center. So I'm not sure if all the information is being shared internally. But I'm still scheduled for EOD in February so far. Anxiously waiting for for my BI to call. IDK what's the delay about.

• Has anybody has experience in medical waiver, I received my medical notice and I didn’t pass medical because my migraines, my doctor was really
    clear that i was able to to duties. They want recommendation letters and and bunch of stuff, also no medical papers they want. Any body here has the same issue with waiver and how hard it is to get it approved i will appreciate the help

Comment

• Bentley32
      Bentley32 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also had to send in addition information about migraines and now you have me nervous. I have not heard anything back. I sent in my personal statement that I can work without restrictions and my doctor said the same thing. My medical did change from follow up to in progress so I might hear something back soon? I also have to wait 2 more months because I got lasik so that might be the cause of that too. I will let you know if I hear anything about my migraines.

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Bentley32
      Did you send medical papers again?
      Because in the waiver they specify that they dont need no medical papers. Also any recommendation to do the letter in order to persuade them?
      How many letters of recommendation did u send them

The papers said
      the waiver review board reviews non medical documentation summitted by candidate in support candidates ability to perfom the essential duties of position; therefore any medical documentation summitee with your waiver request will no be forwarded to the waiver review board

I will appreciate ideas in how persue this people. English is my second language.

• My polygraph Reciprocity was approved as well from a clearance at the DOJ and I got my DT 2 days after. Then I got and EOD 3 days after. I was just sent a notification to Recertify my EQIP. My status went down to 63% from 88%. I did the Recertify and it's all lit green again and back to 88%. I just havent gotten called from my BI yet. Nor have they reached out to my contacts nor my supervisors. Although there are a bunch of DHS CBP Officials at my Command that make up our Joint Operations Command Center. So I'm not sure if all the information is being shared internally. But I'm still scheduled for EOD in February so far. Anxiously waiting for for my BI to call. IDK what's the delay about.
    Last edited by Kevin1234; 11-14-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also at 88% but have verbally received my offer letter, and highly doubt the BI is going to call me because of my clearance already. It would be an update from when it was approved a couple of years ago, so they might not call at all and I have my EOD date, along with date for FLETC.

• This questions is for current CBP Officers here. I want to create a knowledge base before the academy, specific procedures related. What are those laws, regulations, codes and others that should be my bread and butter? There is anything else that is not covered or is partially covered during the academy that will be beneficial to know for future situations at my port of entry? Knowledge wise, what do you like to see in a new Officer?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question. I’d like to know the same.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll say one thing typically underappreciated and not taught in the academy...learn your port locality. Learn the local towns and cities within a day's drive of your port. Study local maps. Learn what the nearby attractions are and where those attractions are located. Study what brings traffic through your port and why.

Once you learn what is normal in your area...you can separate that from the non-normal...and that is a bread
      and butter skill needed to really succeed at this job.

Obviously, how one approaches learning the traffic will greatly depend on the nature of that traffic. Land border traffic is often much more spontaneous, more whimsical, more informal than air and sea traffic. Air traffic is much less local, less trivial. Tailor your approaches to learning to the particulars of your port.
      Last edited by merlin436; 11-15-2019, 07:43 AM.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks merlin436

• Tropictac
      Tropictac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us! Merlin you rock brother!

• SpinyNorman83 Seems like we are in similar situations. But is there ever a case where BI never contacted CBPO CANDIDATES?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      My background fully cleared without any BI contact. No work visit, no interview of family, references, or self. But I have a T5 that is still within scope.

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Already have an active T5 TS/SCI clearance so I never met with a BI. CBP(DHS) granted reciprocity since DOD/DHS all fall under the newly formed DCSA which replaced DSS.

• Good evening guys I took the polygraph today didn’t receive a pass or fail. I was told it needs to be review by QC and if I was willing to take another poly if need. How long it usually take for the email?
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told the same thing and got a result in 2 days, 2 days later Cass updated. If you have to wait few weeks, usually you gotta come back for 2nd round or you failed...

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP is right it's different for everyone. some get the answer that day, others after a few. Then some need a 2nd or 3rd run at it. You got this OP

• Copy appreciate that !
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Has anyone on here made the switch from BP to OFO? Did you have to redo the academy or were you able to do a shortened version? Did you have to get OC and taser again?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Zero reciprocity. Full academy with OC. Taser exposure is optional in OFO. If you want to avoid another ride there, simply elect not to participate this go around.

• Klumper23
        Klumper23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang! Thank you! I am on track to graduate from the BP academy but do to family circumstances I am trying to get up to MN.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Office of Training and Development wanted to streamline the movement between the LEO component of CBP. They tried to have reciprocity between equivalent training and have " mini-academies" and On-the-Job training, when needed, to facilitate movement within CBP. OfO jumped onto the bandwagon.

The BP shot OTD down and insisted on no reciprocity...so we' have zero reciprocity.

If you can graduate the BP academy the OFO academy is marginally more academic and much less physical and stressful. Plus, it's always positive to have multiple academy certifications for your resume.

• Deleted. Bad post.
      Last edited by merlin436; 11-16-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Is it weird that I haven't received a packing list with just a little over a week out from EOD?

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          invertedPanda, I'm a day out from EOD and two weeks from the Academy. I don't think we will ever get a pack-out list.... Gone are the days of seabag inspections or whatever the sister-services call them.

I just plan on traveling as light as I can after back-to-back Reserve and then Customs EOD before the academy. Anything else needed, I'll have my vehicle brought up and will be shuttling people into town during the downtime.

• Aussie_xo
          Aussie_xo commented
          Editing a comment
          So you haven’t received an email or anything?

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          @Aussie_xo
          I received the welcome letter with the POC info and salary info, report dates etc. I then received the next email about registering for FLETC. I'm still waiting for the one I should have received today to do the online paperwork stuff, but that didn't come. I was also told by the hiring center they will email me a corrected salary info letter a week or two before my EOD, which hasn't come at all yet.

• Aussie_xo
          Aussie_xo commented
          Editing a comment
          invertedPanda I got my FLETC email nothing else. I'm supposed to report Dec 5th, which was changed from my original Date. They asked if I wanted to go earlier, which I was excited about. But now I'm worried.

• Possible picks Newark, NJ or JFK for me I'm looking for anyone willing to swap for Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Galveston or McAllen, TX or Tampa, FL. Please send me a private message.

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          OKCsparrow That’s not entirely true. If you are a VRA applicant you can get it.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          There are like 3 cbpos in Tampa Airport, 1 director, 1 supervisor and 1 senior officer jk, lol but for real . I flight out Tampa all the time, never met any cbpo, better luck if try Tampa seaport.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I just recently requested a port switch to Tampa due to some developments in my reservist “career,” and it was approved - I EOD next month. There is another VRA applicant on the Delphi forum who has Tampa; and I spoke with their most recent new hire at Tampa who is in post-academy there currently. They are getting officers.

• Ig66
          Ig66 commented
          Editing a comment
          VRA and got Tampa also, EOD 01/30/2020.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8549 users online. 249 members and 8300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X