Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my BI call yesterday for more clarifications that management was wanting to know. He said the person must be picky because he was sure he gave them ample answers in the first report. He said it won't have any affects on my EoD date so that's good. Now to wait to see if this will finally be all that's needed to get my BI to fully clear or if there will be another call with more clarifications. Management mainly wanted to know about my divorce since I put the dates down wrong. I listed the divorce date wrong. I put the estimated date of when we separated not finalized. Other then that they mainly asked more questions on past credit accounts that are closed. To anyone in the process you should make sure all your numbers and dates are on the dot lol.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost Negative.. Haven't heard anything from the BI or from the mgt since then. Just waiting for my BI to get cleared off. It showing "in progress" on my CASS. Everything else, all green/Completed.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m in the background phase myself. I met with my BI second week in September and haven’t heard anything yet. Been only 2 months

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 What announcement r u? Im 18-9. EOD on Feb 25 2020 LAX. Then basic training academy on Mar 11. Just accepted the final offer and EOD dates just before i met my BI.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      antoniojeff808 Congratulations I’m 19-2 Miami

• anyone from 19-2 announcement for JFK port receive a call or email in regards to the polygraph exam. Congrats to all getting through this long hiring process.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      This guy doesn’t miss a day

• ChampagnePapi
      ChampagnePapi commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. I haven’t heard or received anything.

• NYC201812
      NYC201812 commented
      Editing a comment
      19-1, had the SI in April 2019. No contact for Poly yet.

• drtx
      drtx commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3

SI- April 2
      Still waiting on poly

• Is the EOD militarized like the academy?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      For BPA it is very similar. Not sure for OFO

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      not for OFO, you will wear business casual clothing, fill out paperwork, computer based forms etc.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 good to know thanks

• Does anyone know if there’s a limit/cap amount of years to buy back military time to apply for cbp?

Comment

• VRA GS9 20-1

Completed Fitness, Medical, and SI quickly within a month. Sent off eqip. Now the waiting begins.

So from what I've read, is it safe to assume that VRA GS9 candidates can pick where they want to work? I've read that for the most part, has anyone experienced otherwise?

Comment

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        All VRA applicants can request a specific port of their choosing.

• Klumper23
        Klumper23 commented
        Editing a comment
        What port are you trying to go to?

• SATX2019
        SATX2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Either San Antonio if I can, to stay in Texas where I live. Denver would be another choice, we like it there in Co, and have family in the area as well. Not too interested in the Sothern Border if I have other options. Still a long way out though from any of these decisions.

• Hello all. Quick question for those who are already working... is 49 too old? I am physically fit and can pass fitness test with no prob, but wanted to get feedback regarding working in the field and retirement at this age. Also, how bad is academy with regards to physical training and trt. Yes, I am a veteran. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're fit enough today and you plan on staying fit enough for the next 20 years, no...I don't think 49 is too old...especially in the right setting in the right port.

• Been waiting for 2 months since EQIP was sent to OPR for review. How long does it usually take for an OPR notice? Currently seating at 50% now, awaiting for Poly test.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Jesus the waiting begins. If you are hoping for NE region the wait can be long. Southwest region seems to be moving along. I am waiting almost a year and no polygraph exam has been scheduled.

• JESUS SANCHEZ
        JESUS SANCHEZ commented
        Editing a comment
        antoniojeff808 wow 1year wait for Poly. I guess its all about being patient from this point on then.

fonzi7979 I applied at the SW, California to be specific. Hoping the wait is not that long.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        JESUS SANCHEZ it really does depend on a lot. I've seen people wait over a year and some take 3 or 4 months for the whole process.

• Miss Fearless
        Miss Fearless commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm actually on the same boat 50% so far, awaiting for the Background Check to complete, poly exam and Drug Test. I've seen different timelines from person to person, so lets just hope for this to happen quickly.

• JESUS SANCHEZ same here. Had my SI 10/29, what area are you trying to get?

For those waiting for Poly and BI, was anyone’s wait sooner than several months from SI if you elected provisional? Just wondering if provisional gets expedited or not.

Comment

• JESUS SANCHEZ
        JESUS SANCHEZ commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 SW area. Calexico CA to be specific. Also elected provisional, hope that expedite the process but I highly doubt it.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        My whole process from application to final call was just over 3 months. My BI is still ongoing of course. I chose the SWB and DH. Applied for GS9 and GS7. Took the GS7 position due to a better set of locations the the GS9 offered when called.

• Does anyone know how the Sit and Reach test is administered? Is the "zero" starting point the same for all cadets or do they do modified starting point for each cadet?

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think they do that anymore unless you’re an older test

• bvalle300935
        bvalle300935 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe at the academy you still get tested for that, right?

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        My friend who just went to FLETC in Aug was sent a letter about what the final testing would be PT wise. The sit and reach was still on it. I don't remember the rest, but was pretty sure it also had sit ups, push ups, and a 1.5 mile timed run.

• Quick question how long does it take more medical team to fill out forms. Little over a week ago I was informed that I won't be moving on in the process because of my uncorrected vision. However, today I got a notification reminding me of my SI for this Thursday. In this case who should I contact? I tried communicating with my case manager but she never responded, luckily my answers were solved here.

Comment

• SimpleLifeCA
        SimpleLifeCA commented
        Editing a comment
        what's your uncorrected vision?

• itwasjustifi3d
        itwasjustifi3d commented
        Editing a comment
        It was 20/350ish. Lady who called from the medical department said that my only option would to get lasik

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Take the SI. Pass it. Get Lasik, and then when the time is up on the healing process reapply and have the SI done and over with?

• itwasjustifi3d
        itwasjustifi3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey thanks TS. I'll probably have to bite the nail on the Lasik. Family is already spending a lot on college, and they already had to pay for an expensive but necessary oral surgery. Only thing I was confused on was the medical being updated by now and the rest of the process being suspended.

• How long after do you get the call once you passed everything on the app and the only thing it says is “final offer pending”

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my call about a week after I did my drug test ...I had my drug test and final offer pending on the app still when they called to make me the offer. The app didn't update to 100% till few days after call.

• feeling the nerves today have my SI in less than 24 hours. the pft 1 does it include the crate thing and sidesteps? or is it just the 3 PU SU step test? sorry the repeated question. its the nerves.

Comment

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry then guys I had to do side steps. Don’t know why

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost. i just did my PFT1 again in OCT and they only asked for push up, sit up, and step up only. did they just change the PFT1 ?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao, so the Dr had a form telling them what to test you, how many, how long you had to do, and out of the blue, he she just decided to risk their Dr job, made you do the side test? Really man? ... dalan standtheman
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        standtheman no you're right. the side step and lift tests were a part of the old PFT testing. They no longer require it. I have no idea what dalan is talking about unless he took his PFT back when they required it plus the lift test.

They dropped alot of the fitness stuff to get more people to be able to pass everything to be honest.

• Received my final selection email today, they still haven't gotten my SF75 from my current job though.

Comment

• UPDATE:

CBPO 19-4

Applied: 1-31-2019

Test: 2-9-2019

Test results: 2-11-2019; Passed

BI Packet: turned in 2-28-2019

Medical: 3-07-2019 | Passed

SI: 3-13-2019

SI Results: 3-14-2019; Passed

Fitness: 3-19-2019 | Passed

3-18-2019: got an email “ case management reassigned due to changes in H.R. “

4-11-2019: Equip rejected | fixed correction turned in same day.

4-12-2019: Equip released to OPR.

Equip: green check mark.

5-31-2019: call from my O.P.R scheduled poly 6/17/19.

6/17/2019: polygraph taken | verbal pass. “ was told it needed to be reviewed by Q.C. Might need further testing”

6/18/2019: got a call from my polygraph examiner, was told I passed. Polygraph on cass green check.

Background: 7/22 received call from B.I left my city 7/26. Spoke to all my references and point of contacts.

8/22 met w / another b.i submitted my packet.

Still waiting.

Pending:

63%

Background:

Drug

Final offer.

Comment

• EE626619
        EE626619 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just passed my Poly today. do you guys happen to know what the background consistents of?

• Bam2323
        Bam2323 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, congrats on your progress! Question.. are you regular hire 19-4?

• Safranco2
        Safranco2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kapta yay congrats! It’s a waiting game for sure. . & EE626619 - Credit check & question if any discrepancies are found in your equip that you turned in. Bam2323 - I am regular hire! Wbu?

• Bam2323
        Bam2323 commented
        Editing a comment
        Safranco2, I am regular hire 19-2.. but I havent even gotten called for a poly yet :/

• Hello Everyone, I just got an email today that my Poly passed QC. I just need Background and Drug tests.
      Last edited by EE626619; 12-03-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on passing. I don’t have an answer to your question, but when did you take your poly? I’m waiting for mine to clear QC

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        EE626619 First off congrats, thats like half the process done the other half being the background. (Waiting on my poly somewhat patiently.)
        Please note I have not had a CBP background, this is information I have gathered reading the forums heavily and one I went through one background for another law enforcement job. They might look at other applications, one of the questions on the eqip was "Have you ever had a background investigation done?" (dont remember the exact wording) Everything you filled out they will do checks into, credit, criminal, etc. They will have a sit down and go over the info on each page to confirm. Then they begin the field interviews shortly after. They go to your place of work, where you lived and possibly talk to the officers involved if you had any criminal issues. I never had police issues so that part of the background I had never anything to do with that. You probably know this already but its super important... dont hide stuff, everyone makes mistakes own it and get your story to them first. Think of it this way its a lot easier to convince them you will no longer be late to work or blow through stop signs then to convince them that you are no longer a liar. Good luck on your background and I hope you get through quickly.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10883 users online. 393 members and 10490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X