300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disregarding
    Last edited by FutureCBPO95; 11-06-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very sorry for your situation bro, but I'm not even sure if as a CBPO trainee they're going to like this. I'm not sure im5 just guessing you should consult with someone before putting this out there. If you did already, cool. Again I'm sorry this had to happen to you and your family.

• I got my onboarding email yesterday. Had to register for my FLETC class. I leave a week from tomorrow!

Comment

• 19-7 VRA GS-9
      Just submitted my 3rd packet of additional medical documentation. Lord help me. Lol

Comment

• How many times did all of you had to meet with the background investigator? I have to meet with the BI tomorrow, for the 4th time since mid September.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Met with my BI once for an hour interview at my work (federal employees he said had to be interviewed at current agency). That was 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from him since. He told me he would submit everything, but all the clarifications we did looked good. Said he would call me if management needed anymore information. I'm hoping that since it's been 3 weeks since the in persons with me and my references have been done it means that it's going well. I got lucky with provisional though so I'm just counting down till EoD

• JimmyW777
          JimmyW777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, If you don't hear anything after meeting your background investigator it means that they are complete with your case and has been submitted to their control and most likely approved and forwarded to CBP for adjudication. If it gets kicked back then they need more additional information and your report is not approved to be forwarded. Your background investigator will contact you and meet you again to get more information and may ask you to clarify any additional information that comes up. The more you meet your investigator, the longer it takes to get to the final adjudication stage.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          2 in person meetings and 1 on the phone. Currently being adjudicated

• jamoranto
          jamoranto commented
          Editing a comment
          I have 3 investigators. The one, I met for the initial meeting lasted about 2 hours and met 1 additional time. Never met the 2nd one but has called me a couple times. The 3rd one, i am going to meet with for the 2nd time today. The 2nd and 3rd meeting, wanted clarification on the same items we went over in the first meeting. I feel like its pretty redundant to ask the same questions 3 or 4 times. Not exactly sure, what this next meeting is about.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

• Quick question anyone on here fail the vision test? Do they give you another opportunity to go to your own doctor at your own expense to get your own exam?

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          fort1978 it was for CBP. They do administer the depth perception, and for some reason I didn’t do well with their test. So when I went to see the optometrist everything was perfect and passed with flying colors. He told me I had perfect vision which I knew never had any issues. The doctor told me that particular style of test they administer there has a high failure rate with people who have perfect vision.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Same issue here. I failed the depth perception test at the CBP contracted facility. Never had vision issue my whole life so I knew something was wrong. About 7-8 weeks later I got an email saying I needed to see an eye doctor for my depth perception. Saw my eye doctor and passed everything easily.

• headphones1225
          headphones1225 commented
          Editing a comment
          I failed near vision and had uncorrected 20/100. I got new glasses and passed the second time, but my optometrist put me down for 20/200 uncorrected. I was worried they were gonna fail me for that, but I ended up passing.

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for all the info guys appreciate it

• Any veterans on here know if an NJP will break this opportunity? non-drug related. I put it down in my eqip for TSA as well

Comment

• Yshaban
          Yshaban commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no criminal record as well, not even a ticket. No drug use or alcohol at all due to religious purposes. its the only blemish in my record. Thank you TsFost for your answer

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on the "total person" is what I understand. Also the severity of the offence comes to mind. I dont want you to put your UCMJ out on the table, but think of it this way. Art.15 for busting curfew in Korea is no big deal compared to an Art.15 for a DUI at the gate to Fort Hood. What really comes into play is age and maturity at time of offense and if your background shows that you dont have a pattern of poor judgement. Chances are if it was nonjudicial then it can be overcome. Now if you were facing courts martial or chapter because of it that's a bit harder. I've seen guys get a DUI and get a TS/SCI back after a lengthy wait

• Yshaban
          Yshaban commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted as told
          Last edited by Yshaban; 11-11-2019, 11:15 PM.

• Tropictac
          Tropictac commented
          Editing a comment
          Be honest with yourself and the investigation, tell truth. They probably will want to know if you actually signed the duty log in behalf of your buddy. Get ready to deliver a detailed information about the incident documents, POC and others. I actually had a disciplinary action the process was never completed, not my fault, I did fully cooperate with everything and I had my BI done in 4 months.

• Question for you all: I will be cutting my hair before I EOD as it is down at my waist..I was wondering if a cut similar to this would classify as "Female: Hair shall be neat, natural in color and conservatively styled." Screenshot_20191106-195054.png

Comment

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          Countryrunner I hope your kidding, how many police officers have you seen with this haircut. I cant say I have seen any female or male with patterns like this. Like merlin436 said you want to stay away from drawing attention to yourself. You worked hard and waited awhile to get to the finish line. Why endanger that for a random pattern haircut?

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not likely what is considered "conservatively styled" at FLETC, you may get away with it in the field though. As others have said, you'll become a target at FLETC with hair like that. First by the instructors and then by your classmates because they're tired of doing push-ups.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was at FLETC for TSA I went to get my haircut on base. I had to wait behind 5 guys who were told to get their hair in order by next day (they were all new for OFO). To me their hair wasn't that bad but their instructor wanted a more clean cut look so take that how you will. I'm sure with different instructors your mileage may vary.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what the guidelines are for women hair. But it does seem a little unprofessional not sure if they will be ok with it. It’s a good question. I agree with another post why put yourself in that situation

• 19-3 CBPO Miami
        I had to make a hard decision today. I turned down a local leo job (fully sponsored) because being a customs officer is what I really want to do. I have 7 years with TSA and honestly don’t want to give up my federal time. I waited 10 months for my medical to clear and hoping to get this polygraph soon. I know I’m taking a big chance since the polygraph has a 70 percent fail rate but this is what is best for my family and I and where my heart is. I’m just scared that I’ll be part of the statistic and I end up staying in hell (TSA). Has anybody here been offered Orlando? Does Tallahassee have a CBP location?

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Local PD will always be hiring in today's climate. Be patient for what you really want.

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          Florida_Man that really was a hard decision for sure. But if you want this job you keep pushing, if you happen to fail the poly take it again. There was a guy on here who failed twice and his third time through the process he passed. I will keep taking it until I age out of consideration. Good luck I hope you make it through.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          Florida_Man I’m 19-3 Miami as well. That’s a really hard decision, but ultimately you have to go what you think it’s right for you and your future. It is a gamble, but I’m probably would have done the same on your shoes since I’m also pushing 7 years with the government. This process is long, but the reward is too hard to pass up.

I have taken my poly already back in July and I’m in the background phase. Where did you choose to take your poly?

• Florida_Man
          Florida_Man commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 I have my polygraph location for Orlando. Thanks for encouragement my friend. Best of luck to you!

• When I did SI for BPA, the officers told me "no shown tattoo" allowed in BP.. and of course no gang tattoo allowed at all. I have a couple tat and want to get more that's why I asked alot of questions about it. No neck tat, basically tat has to cover under shirts and sleeve... I think it should be the same for CBPO? anyone can confirm this?

Comment

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I would keep them hidden a lot of those definitions are opinion based. Some of the definitions you may not see pertaining to your tatto but, to someone else they might be offended just to start trouble. I like to play it safe, especially when tattoos are a luxury. Good luck.
          Last edited by BowMan2006; 11-07-2019, 10:56 AM. Reason: Grammar was off.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          BowMan2006 right i know what you are saying, all my tat are covered and its just my kids names and stuff... nothing crazy... thanks man

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think tattoos of family members names will cause an issue...especially if they can be conventionally covered, like with a long-sleeved shirt or pants.

If you are looking to get more, I'd suggest getting them now before being hired, or waiting until you clear probation post-academy. No need to muddy the waters during the probationary period.

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I've seen CBPO's down at FLETC with full sleeves... So I wouldn't worry

• What is the next step after you take the poly

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          meet investigator and proceed with background... Cxp1137

• Cxp1137
          Cxp1137 commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay cool thanks

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Two things could happen. You'll either wait to hear from your BI to get that process going. Or you'll get a call to go take your DT (basically granted provisional).

• Anyone else fail the depth perception portion, even after getting cleared by your personal ophthalmologist? I had 14 days to submit a medical waiver with supporting evidence. Currently employed by TSA, former armed security guard (shot 238/250 to qualify), and have never had “depth perception” issues .

Comment

• I originally applied to 19-3 GS7 Miami, I didn’t know I was qualified for GS9.. so yesterday I applied for GS9 and choose Detroit as my location. I am considering declining the new tentative offer and just sticking it out with Miami since the location is never open. If I decline the offer will I decline both jobs or just the new announcement I applied for? And it is a guarantee that the announcement I applied for will offer me Miami in the end? I feel like I ****ed up yesterday applying to Detroit.

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man yes you qualify for GS 9 with atleast 1 year of specialized experience with the government. And I believe you said you have 7 years with TSA that’s more enough to be eligible for GS 9. And you would have skipped the entrance exam.

Maybe you can call CBP and ask if they can just void the GS 9 and stick with the original announcement. Doesn’t hurt to try

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            You're fine applying for both. I had an application in for GS7 with one location I really wanted and a GS9 position with locations I really didn't care for in the end since the city I wanted wasn't listed for it. I took the GS7 offer over the 9. They offered both.

• Hey, everyone, I have an update EOD is on the Nov 15th finally got some stuff to fill out. It came yesterday through my email mostly new hire paperwork stuff W4, health insurance, etc. I spoke to my ports (LAX) new hire staff and gave me general instructions about my first day coming up. I know a couple other have there EOD coming up good luck to you our wait is finally coming to an end! Next academy

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Congrats... Keep us posted while you are in fletc if you can... A lot of us here would like to know what's fletc is like... Dezada74 also how long you had to wait for your background to clear? From the time you met with investigator to clear... Thanks

• tvaughn31
            tvaughn31 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations, my EOD starts on the 15th as well. I might see you at FLETC

• Dezada74
            Dezada74 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP I think I waited around 4 months for my background to clear. I met with 2 investigators primary and then a follow-up. I say it somewhere in my old post if you want to look at my profile. Also, will try and keep people posted while at the academy as much as i can.

tvaughn31 Congratulations to you as well the wait is over! My check-in date is the Dec 1st and off of most people who i have talked to that are stating on the 15th they have the same

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. Good luck.

• Has anyone else out there who had to write a final letter? If so, is it suppose to be hand written or typed? In the letter it states written letter, but does not clarify. I tried emailing OPR back, but no response after 48 hours.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Final Letter? For?

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            what is a final letter?

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ak47operator Type it

• Ak47operator
            Ak47operator commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry been busy, but it’s a response letter after they state you are unsuitable.

• So for the COLD P.O.E, what is the typical uniform? I hear some place's will be in the - temps. So do they allow you to have more clothing allowance or issue you cold gear, etc????

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not typically. Some ports might do limited local uniform orders for select people doing specific duties outdoors but most folk will be staring at the basic clothing allowance. Depending on circumstances, some ports allow people to use personal cold weather equipment if it suits the overall mission.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10415 users online. 353 members and 10062 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X