Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been waiting for 2 months since EQIP was sent to OPR for review. How long does it usually take for an OPR notice? Currently seating at 50% now, awaiting for Poly test.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Jesus the waiting begins. If you are hoping for NE region the wait can be long. Southwest region seems to be moving along. I am waiting almost a year and no polygraph exam has been scheduled.

• JESUS SANCHEZ
      JESUS SANCHEZ commented
      Editing a comment
      antoniojeff808 wow 1year wait for Poly. I guess its all about being patient from this point on then.

fonzi7979 I applied at the SW, California to be specific. Hoping the wait is not that long.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      JESUS SANCHEZ it really does depend on a lot. I've seen people wait over a year and some take 3 or 4 months for the whole process.

• Miss Fearless
      Miss Fearless commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm actually on the same boat 50% so far, awaiting for the Background Check to complete, poly exam and Drug Test. I've seen different timelines from person to person, so lets just hope for this to happen quickly.

• JESUS SANCHEZ same here. Had my SI 10/29, what area are you trying to get?

For those waiting for Poly and BI, was anyone’s wait sooner than several months from SI if you elected provisional? Just wondering if provisional gets expedited or not.

Comment

• JESUS SANCHEZ
      JESUS SANCHEZ commented
      Editing a comment
      whitjj72 SW area. Calexico CA to be specific. Also elected provisional, hope that expedite the process but I highly doubt it.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      My whole process from application to final call was just over 3 months. My BI is still ongoing of course. I chose the SWB and DH. Applied for GS9 and GS7. Took the GS7 position due to a better set of locations the the GS9 offered when called.

• Does anyone know how the Sit and Reach test is administered? Is the "zero" starting point the same for all cadets or do they do modified starting point for each cadet?

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think they do that anymore unless you’re an older test

• bvalle300935
      bvalle300935 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe at the academy you still get tested for that, right?

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend who just went to FLETC in Aug was sent a letter about what the final testing would be PT wise. The sit and reach was still on it. I don't remember the rest, but was pretty sure it also had sit ups, push ups, and a 1.5 mile timed run.

• Quick question how long does it take more medical team to fill out forms. Little over a week ago I was informed that I won't be moving on in the process because of my uncorrected vision. However, today I got a notification reminding me of my SI for this Thursday. In this case who should I contact? I tried communicating with my case manager but she never responded, luckily my answers were solved here.

Comment

• SimpleLifeCA
      SimpleLifeCA commented
      Editing a comment
      what's your uncorrected vision?

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      It was 20/350ish. Lady who called from the medical department said that my only option would to get lasik

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Take the SI. Pass it. Get Lasik, and then when the time is up on the healing process reapply and have the SI done and over with?

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks TS. I'll probably have to bite the nail on the Lasik. Family is already spending a lot on college, and they already had to pay for an expensive but necessary oral surgery. Only thing I was confused on was the medical being updated by now and the rest of the process being suspended.

• How long after do you get the call once you passed everything on the app and the only thing it says is “final offer pending”

Comment

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my call about a week after I did my drug test ...I had my drug test and final offer pending on the app still when they called to make me the offer. The app didn't update to 100% till few days after call.

• feeling the nerves today have my SI in less than 24 hours. the pft 1 does it include the crate thing and sidesteps? or is it just the 3 PU SU step test? sorry the repeated question. its the nerves.

Comment

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry then guys I had to do side steps. Don’t know why

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost. i just did my PFT1 again in OCT and they only asked for push up, sit up, and step up only. did they just change the PFT1 ?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao, so the Dr had a form telling them what to test you, how many, how long you had to do, and out of the blue, he she just decided to risk their Dr job, made you do the side test? Really man? ... dalan standtheman
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman no you're right. the side step and lift tests were a part of the old PFT testing. They no longer require it. I have no idea what dalan is talking about unless he took his PFT back when they required it plus the lift test.

They dropped alot of the fitness stuff to get more people to be able to pass everything to be honest.

• Received my final selection email today, they still haven't gotten my SF75 from my current job though.

Comment

• UPDATE:

CBPO 19-4

Applied: 1-31-2019

Test: 2-9-2019

Test results: 2-11-2019; Passed

BI Packet: turned in 2-28-2019

Medical: 3-07-2019 | Passed

SI: 3-13-2019

SI Results: 3-14-2019; Passed

Fitness: 3-19-2019 | Passed

3-18-2019: got an email “ case management reassigned due to changes in H.R. “

4-11-2019: Equip rejected | fixed correction turned in same day.

4-12-2019: Equip released to OPR.

Equip: green check mark.

5-31-2019: call from my O.P.R scheduled poly 6/17/19.

6/17/2019: polygraph taken | verbal pass. “ was told it needed to be reviewed by Q.C. Might need further testing”

6/18/2019: got a call from my polygraph examiner, was told I passed. Polygraph on cass green check.

Background: 7/22 received call from B.I left my city 7/26. Spoke to all my references and point of contacts.

8/22 met w / another b.i submitted my packet.

Still waiting.

Pending:

63%

Background:

Drug

Final offer.

Comment

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, congrats on your progress! Question.. are you regular hire 19-4?

• Safranco2
      Safranco2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kapta yay congrats! It’s a waiting game for sure. . & EE626619 - Credit check & question if any discrepancies are found in your equip that you turned in. Bam2323 - I am regular hire! Wbu?

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2, I am regular hire 19-2.. but I havent even gotten called for a poly yet :/

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also 19-4 VRA. Sitting at 63% since Aug. Glad I am not alone. After reading other posts it appears I have no room to complain.

• Hello Everyone, I just got an email today that my Poly passed QC. I just need Background and Drug tests.
    Last edited by EE626619; 12-03-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on passing. I don’t have an answer to your question, but when did you take your poly? I’m waiting for mine to clear QC

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      EE626619 First off congrats, thats like half the process done the other half being the background. (Waiting on my poly somewhat patiently.)
      Please note I have not had a CBP background, this is information I have gathered reading the forums heavily and one I went through one background for another law enforcement job. They might look at other applications, one of the questions on the eqip was "Have you ever had a background investigation done?" (dont remember the exact wording) Everything you filled out they will do checks into, credit, criminal, etc. They will have a sit down and go over the info on each page to confirm. Then they begin the field interviews shortly after. They go to your place of work, where you lived and possibly talk to the officers involved if you had any criminal issues. I never had police issues so that part of the background I had never anything to do with that. You probably know this already but its super important... dont hide stuff, everyone makes mistakes own it and get your story to them first. Think of it this way its a lot easier to convince them you will no longer be late to work or blow through stop signs then to convince them that you are no longer a liar. Good luck on your background and I hope you get through quickly.

• anybody else on class CBPOBT-511?

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      The taj is officially doubled up. You’re better off in the crack houses. My class just got moved out of the taj into a hotel off site so they can convert all the rooms to doubles

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Gdelgado0220 so the crack houses are still just 2 to a bathroom 1 to a room? Or is it now 4 to a bathroom 2 2 a room? That's a lot of flushing if so.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the doubled rooms one rectangle room with two twin beds? Where are the bathrooms/showers for the Taj occupants?

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm curious, do you get to pick and swap your roommates if you choose?

• Hello, received a NOPA letter today any suggestions or tips that could help me out in order to reply good and get suitable. PM me

Thank you

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell I'm still waiting on to receive my NOPA. They told me I would get one but haven't sent it yet. That was 3 months ago.

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have ti be a little more specific in order for us to help. What was the NOPa about??

• EDIT: Nevermind they just called offering me to go earlier.
    Last edited by Aussie_xo; 11-14-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      How much earlier

• ok so after being told I wasn't going to have to re-certify my medical because i already was given EOD and cleared everything... i just got the email to re-certify my medical . only positive is that is not a lot to fill out. however I do want to ask some guidance questions to anyone who already filled out the forms ..so if you don't mind PM me please.

Comment

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Messaged you

• CBPO

19-2 DH

19-2 VRA

12/13/2018 — NOR for entry exam

01/30/2019 — EQIP started and submitted

02/12/2019 — SI

02/13/2019 — NOR for SI: Passed

02/13/2019 — Medical

02/14/2019 — PFT 1: Passed

02/19/2019 — Med in review by HRM

11/15/2019 — Polygraph

Xx/Xx/Xxxx — Drug test

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you met with Background investigator yet ?

• Alpha0556
      Alpha0556 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattCBP I have not, but i currently work for DoS and received reciprocity for my previous clearance for that position and didn’t meet with an investigator or even fill out a new SF86, maybe I’ll get lucky twice! Haha

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you'll hope lol. Good luck with it. I got my DT a couple days after my Poly due to provisional so that's about how you'll know if they will reciprocate the BI.

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      My polygraph Reciprocity was approved as well from the DOJ and I got my DT 2 days after. Then I got and EOD 3 days after. I was just sent a notification to Recertify my EQIP. My status went down to 63% from 88%. I did the Recertify and it's all lit green again and back to 88%. I just havent gotten called from my BI yet. Nor have they reached out to my contacts nor my supervisors. Although there are a bunch of DHS CBP Officials at my Command that make up our Joint Operations Command Center. So I'm not sure if all the information is being shared internally. But I'm still scheduled for EOD in February so far. Anxiously waiting for for my BI to call. IDK what's the delay about.

• Has anybody has experience in medical waiver, I received my medical notice and I didn’t pass medical because my migraines, my doctor was really
    clear that i was able to to duties. They want recommendation letters and and bunch of stuff, also no medical papers they want. Any body here has the same issue with waiver and how hard it is to get it approved i will appreciate the help

Comment

• Bentley32
      Bentley32 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also had to send in addition information about migraines and now you have me nervous. I have not heard anything back. I sent in my personal statement that I can work without restrictions and my doctor said the same thing. My medical did change from follow up to in progress so I might hear something back soon? I also have to wait 2 more months because I got lasik so that might be the cause of that too. I will let you know if I hear anything about my migraines.

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Bentley32
      Did you send medical papers again?
      Because in the waiver they specify that they dont need no medical papers. Also any recommendation to do the letter in order to persuade them?
      How many letters of recommendation did u send them

The papers said
      the waiver review board reviews non medical documentation summitted by candidate in support candidates ability to perfom the essential duties of position; therefore any medical documentation summitee with your waiver request will no be forwarded to the waiver review board

I will appreciate ideas in how persue this people. English is my second language.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3928 users online. 279 members and 3649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X