Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you all: I will be cutting my hair before I EOD as it is down at my waist..I was wondering if a cut similar to this would classify as "Female: Hair shall be neat, natural in color and conservatively styled." Screenshot_20191106-195054.png

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Countryrunner I hope your kidding, how many police officers have you seen with this haircut. I cant say I have seen any female or male with patterns like this. Like merlin436 said you want to stay away from drawing attention to yourself. You worked hard and waited awhile to get to the finish line. Why endanger that for a random pattern haircut?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not likely what is considered "conservatively styled" at FLETC, you may get away with it in the field though. As others have said, you'll become a target at FLETC with hair like that. First by the instructors and then by your classmates because they're tired of doing push-ups.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was at FLETC for TSA I went to get my haircut on base. I had to wait behind 5 guys who were told to get their hair in order by next day (they were all new for OFO). To me their hair wasn't that bad but their instructor wanted a more clean cut look so take that how you will. I'm sure with different instructors your mileage may vary.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure what the guidelines are for women hair. But it does seem a little unprofessional not sure if they will be ok with it. It’s a good question. I agree with another post why put yourself in that situation

• 19-3 CBPO Miami
    I had to make a hard decision today. I turned down a local leo job (fully sponsored) because being a customs officer is what I really want to do. I have 7 years with TSA and honestly don’t want to give up my federal time. I waited 10 months for my medical to clear and hoping to get this polygraph soon. I know I’m taking a big chance since the polygraph has a 70 percent fail rate but this is what is best for my family and I and where my heart is. I’m just scared that I’ll be part of the statistic and I end up staying in hell (TSA). Has anybody here been offered Orlando? Does Tallahassee have a CBP location?

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Local PD will always be hiring in today's climate. Be patient for what you really want.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man that really was a hard decision for sure. But if you want this job you keep pushing, if you happen to fail the poly take it again. There was a guy on here who failed twice and his third time through the process he passed. I will keep taking it until I age out of consideration. Good luck I hope you make it through.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man I’m 19-3 Miami as well. That’s a really hard decision, but ultimately you have to go what you think it’s right for you and your future. It is a gamble, but I’m probably would have done the same on your shoes since I’m also pushing 7 years with the government. This process is long, but the reward is too hard to pass up.

I have taken my poly already back in July and I’m in the background phase. Where did you choose to take your poly?

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 I have my polygraph location for Orlando. Thanks for encouragement my friend. Best of luck to you!

• When I did SI for BPA, the officers told me "no shown tattoo" allowed in BP.. and of course no gang tattoo allowed at all. I have a couple tat and want to get more that's why I asked alot of questions about it. No neck tat, basically tat has to cover under shirts and sleeve... I think it should be the same for CBPO? anyone can confirm this?

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I would keep them hidden a lot of those definitions are opinion based. Some of the definitions you may not see pertaining to your tatto but, to someone else they might be offended just to start trouble. I like to play it safe, especially when tattoos are a luxury. Good luck.
      Last edited by BowMan2006; 11-07-2019, 10:56 AM. Reason: Grammar was off.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 right i know what you are saying, all my tat are covered and its just my kids names and stuff... nothing crazy... thanks man

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think tattoos of family members names will cause an issue...especially if they can be conventionally covered, like with a long-sleeved shirt or pants.

If you are looking to get more, I'd suggest getting them now before being hired, or waiting until you clear probation post-academy. No need to muddy the waters during the probationary period.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen CBPO's down at FLETC with full sleeves... So I wouldn't worry

• What is the next step after you take the poly

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      meet investigator and proceed with background... Cxp1137

• Cxp1137
      Cxp1137 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay cool thanks

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Two things could happen. You'll either wait to hear from your BI to get that process going. Or you'll get a call to go take your DT (basically granted provisional).

• Anyone else fail the depth perception portion, even after getting cleared by your personal ophthalmologist? I had 14 days to submit a medical waiver with supporting evidence. Currently employed by TSA, former armed security guard (shot 238/250 to qualify), and have never had “depth perception” issues .

Comment

• I originally applied to 19-3 GS7 Miami, I didn’t know I was qualified for GS9.. so yesterday I applied for GS9 and choose Detroit as my location. I am considering declining the new tentative offer and just sticking it out with Miami since the location is never open. If I decline the offer will I decline both jobs or just the new announcement I applied for? And it is a guarantee that the announcement I applied for will offer me Miami in the end? I feel like I ****ed up yesterday applying to Detroit.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man yes you qualify for GS 9 with atleast 1 year of specialized experience with the government. And I believe you said you have 7 years with TSA that’s more enough to be eligible for GS 9. And you would have skipped the entrance exam.

Maybe you can call CBP and ask if they can just void the GS 9 and stick with the original announcement. Doesn’t hurt to try

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        You're fine applying for both. I had an application in for GS7 with one location I really wanted and a GS9 position with locations I really didn't care for in the end since the city I wanted wasn't listed for it. I took the GS7 offer over the 9. They offered both.

• Hey, everyone, I have an update EOD is on the Nov 15th finally got some stuff to fill out. It came yesterday through my email mostly new hire paperwork stuff W4, health insurance, etc. I spoke to my ports (LAX) new hire staff and gave me general instructions about my first day coming up. I know a couple other have there EOD coming up good luck to you our wait is finally coming to an end! Next academy

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. Congrats... Keep us posted while you are in fletc if you can... A lot of us here would like to know what's fletc is like... Dezada74 also how long you had to wait for your background to clear? From the time you met with investigator to clear... Thanks

• tvaughn31
        tvaughn31 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations, my EOD starts on the 15th as well. I might see you at FLETC

• Dezada74
        Dezada74 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I think I waited around 4 months for my background to clear. I met with 2 investigators primary and then a follow-up. I say it somewhere in my old post if you want to look at my profile. Also, will try and keep people posted while at the academy as much as i can.

tvaughn31 Congratulations to you as well the wait is over! My check-in date is the Dec 1st and off of most people who i have talked to that are stating on the 15th they have the same

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. Good luck.

• Has anyone else out there who had to write a final letter? If so, is it suppose to be hand written or typed? In the letter it states written letter, but does not clarify. I tried emailing OPR back, but no response after 48 hours.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Final Letter? For?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        what is a final letter?

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ak47operator Type it

• Ak47operator
        Ak47operator commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry been busy, but it’s a response letter after they state you are unsuitable.

• So for the COLD P.O.E, what is the typical uniform? I hear some place's will be in the - temps. So do they allow you to have more clothing allowance or issue you cold gear, etc????

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not typically. Some ports might do limited local uniform orders for select people doing specific duties outdoors but most folk will be staring at the basic clothing allowance. Depending on circumstances, some ports allow people to use personal cold weather equipment if it suits the overall mission.

• Had my BI call yesterday for more clarifications that management was wanting to know. He said the person must be picky because he was sure he gave them ample answers in the first report. He said it won't have any affects on my EoD date so that's good. Now to wait to see if this will finally be all that's needed to get my BI to fully clear or if there will be another call with more clarifications. Management mainly wanted to know about my divorce since I put the dates down wrong. I listed the divorce date wrong. I put the estimated date of when we separated not finalized. Other then that they mainly asked more questions on past credit accounts that are closed. To anyone in the process you should make sure all your numbers and dates are on the dot lol.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
        antoniojeff808 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost Negative.. Haven't heard anything from the BI or from the mgt since then. Just waiting for my BI to get cleared off. It showing "in progress" on my CASS. Everything else, all green/Completed.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the background phase myself. I met with my BI second week in September and haven’t heard anything yet. Been only 2 months

• antoniojeff808
        antoniojeff808 commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984 What announcement r u? Im 18-9. EOD on Feb 25 2020 LAX. Then basic training academy on Mar 11. Just accepted the final offer and EOD dates just before i met my BI.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        antoniojeff808 Congratulations I’m 19-2 Miami

• anyone from 19-2 announcement for JFK port receive a call or email in regards to the polygraph exam. Congrats to all getting through this long hiring process.

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        This guy doesn’t miss a day

• ChampagnePapi
        ChampagnePapi commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. I haven’t heard or received anything.

• NYC201812
        NYC201812 commented
        Editing a comment
        19-1, had the SI in April 2019. No contact for Poly yet.

• drtx
        drtx commented
        Editing a comment
        19-3

SI- April 2
        Still waiting on poly

• Is the EOD militarized like the academy?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        For BPA it is very similar. Not sure for OFO

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        not for OFO, you will wear business casual clothing, fill out paperwork, computer based forms etc.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 good to know thanks

• Does anyone know if there’s a limit/cap amount of years to buy back military time to apply for cbp?

Comment

• VRA GS9 20-1

Completed Fitness, Medical, and SI quickly within a month. Sent off eqip. Now the waiting begins.

So from what I've read, is it safe to assume that VRA GS9 candidates can pick where they want to work? I've read that for the most part, has anyone experienced otherwise?

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          All VRA applicants can request a specific port of their choosing.

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          What port are you trying to go to?

• SATX2019
          SATX2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          Either San Antonio if I can, to stay in Texas where I live. Denver would be another choice, we like it there in Co, and have family in the area as well. Not too interested in the Sothern Border if I have other options. Still a long way out though from any of these decisions.

• Hello all. Quick question for those who are already working... is 49 too old? I am physically fit and can pass fitness test with no prob, but wanted to get feedback regarding working in the field and retirement at this age. Also, how bad is academy with regards to physical training and trt. Yes, I am a veteran. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're fit enough today and you plan on staying fit enough for the next 20 years, no...I don't think 49 is too old...especially in the right setting in the right port.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3935 users online. 280 members and 3655 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X