Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just sent an email with instructions to Recertify my Eqip. What exactly does this mean. I already have an EOD. But now my EQIP and FINAL OFFER went back to saying "Pending" again. What does this mean, to Recertify?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      field portion of background is starting... ... you got EOD because you were granted provisional... background still need to be done Kevin1234 you are fine... normal process... after you recertify Eqip, investigator will contact you,

• Kool... How long does this part take?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      no specific time frame. after you re-certify you will meet with your BI In person a couple of weeks later, he/she will meet with references, and all past employers etc. he/she will will send their final report to OPR and will stay there until they approve it.. that should take 2-3 weeks to happen and then you have to wait for the approval. Everyone is different mine took 8 months to get the green light, yours might be before since you already have a a provisional. Its possible you start the academy and still be waiting on Background to get the green light, thats why you got a provisional.
      Last edited by raudy06; 11-04-2019, 02:17 PM.

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Been 2 mos since i first met my BI. Sitting on 88% of my CASS. Since then, haven't heard anything from them. Before i met BI, i got a call for eod and basic training academy dates. Just waiting my background investigation section to get a green light. All others, all green.
      Last edited by antoniojeff808; 11-04-2019, 04:54 PM.

• Well I have reached the end of the line. Can't go on because of uncorrected vision .

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you correct your vision? I had lasik and they are ok with it...

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends. College student. And mom had just dumped a whole lot of money for an oral surgery. so might have to wait to save up.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear! time is still on your side.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I appreciate it! I'm still young so many more years ahead of me.

• So you only meet with BI if and after you pass Poly? And what occurs at this meeting?

Comment

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my case. Couple wks after i passed poly, i got a call from the BI itself to make an arrangement for the interview. About a month since passing the poly to meeting the BI. My BI flew out from mainland to Hawaii, spent a wk on the island for all the interviews.
      Last edited by antoniojeff808; 11-04-2019, 08:28 PM.

• Update:

Job Announcement:
    CBPO DH GS9 18-6
    Applied: 05/2018
    Interview: 06/2018
    Fitness Test/Medical Exam: 06/2018? - Completed the initial medical exam and did the fitness test the same day and same location
    Medical: 07/2018 - 08/2019
    Polygraph: 10/03/2019
    Drug Test: 10/14/2019
    Background Review: TBD
    Final Offer Letter:10/29 - Lukeville, Arizona
    EOD: 03/30 - Gives me time to move across country
    FLETC: 04/16-08/20
    Spanish Immersion Training: ? - I assume six weeks starting after graduation

Although this station is out in the middle of nowhere and is located 2.5 hours south of Phoenix, this gives me an opportunity to be able to gain more experience at a smaller border crossing than a larger one. Although the morale there has been described online as low, because the lack of any surrounding area, the rain closing the one highway, and having to live at least 40 minutes north of the location, I am trying to look at the positives to being assigned there. Never know what the next opportunity holds and how much you can learn in a smaller location.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      See you at FLETC in april. I EoD at Brownsville TX on 3/30.

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost, that's good to know someone else on here will be at FLETC during the same time. I am glad it is at the end of March to give me plenty of time to have everything organized for the move across country.

• Any update for 18-8 ? Anybody got the call yet?

Comment

• NoSlack898
      NoSlack898 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting, hopefully this week if not next

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice NoSlack898 your background is done already? What's location you are going for? How long you had to to wait for background to clear?

• NoSlack898
      NoSlack898 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP yes, took 8 months to clear. Going for swb

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      NoSlack898 8 months from when? Passing the poly?

• Original Announcement:18-12 GS-9 San Francisco
    Applied: August 6th, 2018
    Euip Sent to OPR: Completed September 2018
    Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
    Structured Interview: Completed September 2018

Reapplied to Announcement: 19-6 GS-9 Los Angeles
    Appiled: March 2019
    Euip Sent to OPR: Completed April 2019
    Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
    Polygraph: Completed August 6th, 2019
    Background Investigation: (In Progress) just resubmitted another Equip 08/2019
    Met Background Investigator: September 2019 & October 2019
    Drug Test: (In Progress)
    Final Offer: (Pending)

CASS:63%

Comment

• @ 19-2 applicants it’s almost a year hoping if anyone has been contacted for the polygraph.

Comment

• Six_Eight
        Six_Eight commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 19-2 and had my poly.. PM me

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2, passed my medical and fitness February this year and it's almost now 9 months since. No phone call to schedule a polygraph...yet.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Six_Eight congrats completing your poly exam I completed my SI in April 2019 just waiting to be scheduled.

• KeepingFaith83
        KeepingFaith83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Late reply... I'm 19-2 Direct Hire and I just completed my poly on 11/29, received the passing email on the same day.

• 18-6 and even though I have an EOD 20 days out, I still have yet to receive any letter, email or otherwise, they haven't even gotten my sf75 for my current job, the suspense is killing me.

I know it's the government, but Cheesus Chroist!

Comment

• Midnight39’
        Midnight39’ commented
        Editing a comment
        Two weeks out I received my first email with the official acceptance letter and a week out I received another email for onboarding paperwork. You should also receive an email from FLETC to register.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that info

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        got my final acceptance two weeks out too, waiting for onboarding paperwork one, it should come next Monday.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 & @Midnight39' . I got my onboarding paperwork email today

• Well after a loooooong 2yrs I finally got the call today! EOD April 20th and FLETC May 4 . Unfortunately I did not get the port I applied for...only options in TX were Eagle Pass and Presidio sooooo being that Eagle Pass was closer to my husband's station and my family (5 hrs) I took Eagle Pass. Little bummed out that I have to relocate but if I had turned it down that would have been it for me and I'm out. Couldn't reapply due to age Hopefully with time I could transfer back down with my family.

So it was a bitter sweet day for us.

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978 thank you! I was fingers crossed hoping to get that call sometime this week so it was a relief to get it. Just hoping nothing else comes up before my EOD to delay or postpone my process. I have all my green lights on app so hoping that they stay that way. Also Would be cool to have same FLETC dates .
        Dont stress tomorrow's medical..easy does it ..helps that already went through it so know what to expect. Thats my train of thought if I have to redo mine. Keeping fingers crossed for you to get your call soon.

collapse. thank you!

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on getting the call, although not exactly the desired location but i hope it works out on the end.

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was offered Eagle Pass and Prescido, but ultimately chose Lukeville AZ over those locations. Hopefully everything works out for you and I probably will cross paths with you since my FLETC date is 04/16.

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 thank you. After waiting so long to get that final call , I really had no choice but to say yes to location if I really wanted to get my foot in the door....which I do. I got my Fingers crossed that everything works out too

SpinyNorman83 thank you. I needed to be as close to my family as possible so Eagle Pass it was.
        Hey and save me a seat in class at FLETC lol. Good luck to you!

• VRA 19-6.

I received the call a month ago; I accepted Comstock as my station due to how close it was to San Antonio. My EOD is December 9th but how does that process actually flow? I understand you will receive your EOD papers in the mail a month prior and receive acceptance letters via e-mail two weeks prior as well but what happens then? Do you contact your station that you report to when you do receive the acceptance letters? What happens after that? Do you simply fly to the nearest airport and shack up in a hotel for a few days before physically reporting to the station? What happens before you board the buses for the Academy?

It's a bit vague on how to proceed past receiving the call and accepting your offer.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck getting BP advice on an OFO thread.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Replied below

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        your letters should give you a point of contact, wait for that.

• Originally posted by Framescrew View Post
      VRA 19-6.

I received the call a month ago; I accepted Comstock as my station due to how close it was to San Antonio. My EOD is December 9th but how does that process actually flow? I understand you will receive your EOD papers in the mail a month prior and receive acceptance letters via e-mail two weeks prior as well but what happens then? Do you contact your station that you report to when you do receive the acceptance letters? What happens after that? Do you simply fly to the nearest airport and shack up in a hotel for a few days before physically reporting to the station? What happens before you board the buses for the Academy?

It's a bit vague on how to proceed past receiving the call and accepting your offer.
      You may get the paperwork days before. Just depends.

Your EOD will be the first business day of the week. You EOD at 0800 or whatever time, show up at sector HQ. You spend 2 days onboarding doing admin and paperwork. Third day you report super early, get driven to the airport, and flown to academy.

Your travel there and hotel those first three nights are on you.

Comstock isn't particularly close to San An, almost all stations In south Texas proper and west Texas are within 3 hours, many 2 or less. If you live in del Rio it's 2.5 so that's good.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Framescrew
        Framescrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding, thank you for the clarification.

• Well, I got to go pee in a cup today, now to turn the ringer up and wait on that call.

Comment

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 Told you it wouldn’t be long! Especially once they switched to DCSA and threw DHS BI’s under DOD. When’d your BI clear?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        showtime15 Truth be told I'm not sure, I stopped checking a few weeks ago. Yesterday had a call to go get drug screening, so I checked the app and it said suitable with a green check. No investigator contacted me or anyone, work, family, or friends. Seems like full reciprocity for my current investigation was adjudicated.
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 11-05-2019, 11:55 PM.

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 I knew that they would grant it, it just needed to get pushed across an adjudicators desk, and that's the time consuming part. Would have to imagine that they automate that at some point. Have you figured out where you want to end up after the academy?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        showtime15 it's a tough choice. If I dont count overtime potential, I'm taking a 10-15k a year pay cut starting at GS9 in addition to my retirement check. Some of my top choices show office hours of 9-6 or 8-5 so it looks like limited OT. If I choose a land crossing they look to be all 24hrs. I may just have to suck it up for a few years until the pay without OT allows me to live where I want.

• Job announcement number

CBPO VRA GS-9 19-1

Posted: 10/29/18

Medical: 11/19/18

SI: 11/29/18

EQuip -> OPR: 12/11/18

Fitness: 12/12/18

Additional Medical *Passed*: 04/01/19

Poly *Passed*: 10/31/19

Drug Test:

Comment

• Hi!

I applied for 19-10 on July 11th and for 19-12 on Sept. 10th. The overall process has gone pretty smooth, except for my Medical, which they requested further examination. My Dr. certified that I am good to go, but I haven't received my medical clearance. Does anyone know approximately how long this takes? I am also pending my Poly and Drug Test which have me super anxious. I've read some pretty negative feedback from the Poly Test and although I have 0 incidents in my record, makes me nervous how inaccurate it seems to be.

Hoping to receive any type of update soon!

Comment

• Jeffman!!
          Jeffman!! commented
          Editing a comment
          - Medical clearance from what I've seen, can take anywhere from a few weeks, up to 10 months in the most extreme cases.

- Don't believe everything you hear about the Polygraph portion of the process. Experiences vary greatly. Be forthcoming and you should be alright.

• Miss Fearless
          Miss Fearless commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! In the meantime I'll be on the look out for any e-mails or app updates...

• SpinyNorman83
          SpinyNorman83 commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical took over a year to complete because they would notice something else in the paperwork you send them from the doctor. Each time I emailed in more medical paperwork, it took approximately 2 months before I received an email requesting more information on a particular ailment. So it all depends on how much medical paperwork you are submitting to them.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13004 users online. 481 members and 12523 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X