Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For people EODing on November 15th, has anyone received their packing list for FLETC? I havent received mine yet via email.

Comment

• tvaughn31
      tvaughn31 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven’t received mine either, hopefully we’ll get something when we start EOD.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I changed my EOD to Nov 18th... But I have received an email from FLETC saying to fill out registration information within 3 days of EOD and then 7 - 10 days prior to reporting, they will send more information.

• Anyone else notice duty locations have been updated on CBPO job posting on USA.gov site? Noticed Buffalo NY is no longer listed, hope this doesn’t mean they won’t be available by the time if I get offered a position. Funny because I just spoke with a Buffalo recruiter after my SI and he said there’s still a good chance I would get offered Buffalo, but ofcourse no promises. hopefully they’re just not taking any additional applicants for those removed locations and everyone still in the pipeline has a chance to get assigned to them. It’s amazing how long this process is and how stressful it can be!

Comment

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Buffalo was not offered to me when I got the call on October 21st, just a heads up.

• kli0211 was Buffalo your preferred location? What other locations were offered and what did you select?

Comment

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a huge list of locations offered and a lot of them were really great locations, but we ended up choosing Detroit. My husband is CG so based on a lot of factors, Detroit was the location that he could most likely snag for his next transfer.

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      They also told me that since I’m GS9 I was offered more locations than GS5 or 7. Just so everyone’s aware of that. Seems like the locations people are being offered change pretty frequently

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      so as GS-5 doesnt it matter the locations on the announcement you apply to.. ? for example, i was originally 18-10 then i saw 19-2 had offered Miami FL for all GS levels. if all goes well with poly and next steps and if i would get the call i would ask for Miami FL because it was on 19-2 which was the announcement i reapplied to specifically for location.. ?

• kli0211 well that puts a damper in my dreams of landing Buffalo. Ugh, i don’t think Ilmy family is in a position to move outside of Buffalo. Guess well wait and see what happens, whatever is meant to be will be. Just would stink to continue losing sleep over the next few months waiting and going through Poly and BI final stages.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Buffalo is a large port with hundreds of CBP Officers.

• Bam2323 I’m not entirely sure how the location selection works. I do know Buffalo was one of the “expected available locations” on the 19-11 announcement I had applied to. Perhaps duty locations being offered depend on each candidates preferred location they select at the time of applying and each situation is different. Not too sure, hoping this is the case.

Comment

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      whitjj72 yeah im in the same boat as you.. i do not see why would we be honored the desired locations if they are under our announcement.. regardless of GS grade. Good luck!

• Question everyone? I am from the East coast and I picked San Francisco as my preferred location. Currently, I am in the background phase and I saw that Newark NJ was available and I thought about applying again and put in for it. Will it be the best option for me to guarantee that I get offered Newark, or just sit and wait and do nothing and pray that I can request it (non-veteran) at the end?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Your bestest option would be to apply for the NJ announcement if you definitely want NJ.

• sory_ann
      sory_ann commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I just applied to be on the safe side. I am gonna have to retake the entrance exam one more time! I just don't know when all this will come to an end!!! :-O

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey sory_ann, my original announcement didn't have Newark, it was for JFK but when the call came i requested it because like you I saw a announcement that had it and they gave it to me.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was under the impression that the ports offered during the call would be the only options regardless of the ports listed on the announcement one applied for.

• Hi all,

I applied for CBPO 19-12.
    Was wondering if anyone else did for the same notice. Seems like it's moving fast. I accepted the tentative offer on 23 october. have the medical exam on 4 november, SI and PFT 1 on 13 november. Just submitted the SF86 the other day. Is it normal for the first parts to be moving quick? From what I read its normally slow.

And also quick question is the PFT 1 still sit ups, push ups, step test? So many conflicting info on the web and other forums and just wanted to clarify. any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d hope being young does benefit the BI. I know for a fact mine isn’t complex.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike I would hope so too! Im 21 so there really isn't that much to work off for me. I have a spotless record, not even a driving ticket, and all my references can give a positive remarks for me. And other than school and one part time job shouldn't be too difficult for the investigator.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Sameeeee here. Time is on our side. 21, spotless record, in college, and a part time gig.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think anything has to do with age. I’m young as well and I’m going to hit the one year mark already.

• Nearly 34 weeks since SI - keeping myself busy sure has helped pass the time. The last few pages have been pretty informative regarding EOD, incentive pay, and picking locations. Congrats to everyone who's made it so far and to those still waiting stay positive!!
    Last edited by corsair; 11-02-2019, 03:16 PM.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• I'm 17-11 I already cleared everything and took drug test last Tuesday should have results soon...so waiting for call.

My worry now is my medical... I took it on 11-8-17 it took forever to actually clear. If I dont get the call before this Friday the 8th ...does my medical expire? Or does it expire from the actual date it was all cleared?

My fitness test was take on 11-20-17 .

I would hate to have to do all this over again and wait some more after have finally passed everything.
      Any feedback is appreciated

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos dont quote me on this but I read somewhere on here a while back that your fitness test is good and don’t have to retake it as long as you didn’t apply to a different announcement after your 1 year after passing your fitness test.

So if you are in the same announcement you should be good. But again I could be wrong hopefully someone else can confirm this.

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        How about the medical? It's going to be 2 years on that as well this Friday.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos if you go back 1 previous page the last few post someone asked the same question and people commented. Hopefully that should answer your question for the medical part.

• Delete....

Comment

• Prepping myself for the move to TX in March all the way from TN. Swapped out my phone carrier today for AT&T since they have the biggest network down there according to everything I see online. Shifted my car insurance to Geico to make things easier instead of my local insurance place. Now to pound out the OT with TSA to put money away for my 2 weeks of EoD in Brownsville. Trying to make the transition as easy as possible when time comes.

Comment

• itwasjustifi3d
          itwasjustifi3d commented
          Editing a comment
          Again congrats TsFost! I hope that once I complete everything that I will see you in the field one day!

• Ive heard that you cannot work at a location that is within 100 miles of where you live? is that just for BP or for CBP? Does anyone know how that works?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a BP thing. OFO has nothing similar to it.

Supposedly, it helps to address potential corruption and misconduct issues within the BP. Whatever address one gives as an applicant has a 100 mile bubble around it. Within that bubble, the chances of getting an initial hire as a PA fall under the rule. It doesn't apply to relocations, so nothing stops a person from ultimately migrating back to his backyard of usual haunts.

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome thank you!

• After being made an offer and getting an EOD 3 weeks ago. I logged into CASS and saw my percentage dropped and my EQIP & FINAL OFFER says "Pending" what does this mean now? I'm confused

Comment

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, get on the horn ASAP

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          System update, application update probably... they do this sometime.. Kevin1234 send your case manager an email... he/she can help you look into it...

• V_AntCBP you've seen this type of thing before? I just sent my case manager an email. I couldn't sleep last night after seeing this. I already got my EOD, now I'm not sure what the hell this is.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, happened to me last month, I passed poly-green checked, background changed to in progress Kevin1234 they were updating system and changed my poly to in progress and background pending, I emailed them and they told me they were updating system. I freaked out too... lol you will be find bro... especially every was done for you...
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-04-2019, 09:08 AM.

• That's fine, but even my Eqip changed. What's a Eqip decertification? V_AntCBP

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Kevin1234 system glitched, system update maybe... most likely its a system update...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7801 users online. 191 members and 7610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X