Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

I applied for CBPO 19-12.
    Was wondering if anyone else did for the same notice. Seems like it's moving fast. I accepted the tentative offer on 23 october. have the medical exam on 4 november, SI and PFT 1 on 13 november. Just submitted the SF86 the other day. Is it normal for the first parts to be moving quick? From what I read its normally slow.

And also quick question is the PFT 1 still sit ups, push ups, step test? So many conflicting info on the web and other forums and just wanted to clarify. any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d hope being young does benefit the BI. I know for a fact mine isn’t complex.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike I would hope so too! Im 21 so there really isn't that much to work off for me. I have a spotless record, not even a driving ticket, and all my references can give a positive remarks for me. And other than school and one part time job shouldn't be too difficult for the investigator.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Sameeeee here. Time is on our side. 21, spotless record, in college, and a part time gig.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think anything has to do with age. I’m young as well and I’m going to hit the one year mark already.

• Nearly 34 weeks since SI - keeping myself busy sure has helped pass the time. The last few pages have been pretty informative regarding EOD, incentive pay, and picking locations. Congrats to everyone who's made it so far and to those still waiting stay positive!!
    Last edited by corsair; 11-02-2019, 03:16 PM.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• I'm 17-11 I already cleared everything and took drug test last Tuesday should have results soon...so waiting for call.

My worry now is my medical... I took it on 11-8-17 it took forever to actually clear. If I dont get the call before this Friday the 8th ...does my medical expire? Or does it expire from the actual date it was all cleared?

My fitness test was take on 11-20-17 .

I would hate to have to do all this over again and wait some more after have finally passed everything.
      Any feedback is appreciated

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos dont quote me on this but I read somewhere on here a while back that your fitness test is good and don’t have to retake it as long as you didn’t apply to a different announcement after your 1 year after passing your fitness test.

So if you are in the same announcement you should be good. But again I could be wrong hopefully someone else can confirm this.

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        How about the medical? It's going to be 2 years on that as well this Friday.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos if you go back 1 previous page the last few post someone asked the same question and people commented. Hopefully that should answer your question for the medical part.

• Delete....

Comment

• Prepping myself for the move to TX in March all the way from TN. Swapped out my phone carrier today for AT&T since they have the biggest network down there according to everything I see online. Shifted my car insurance to Geico to make things easier instead of my local insurance place. Now to pound out the OT with TSA to put money away for my 2 weeks of EoD in Brownsville. Trying to make the transition as easy as possible when time comes.

Comment

• itwasjustifi3d
          itwasjustifi3d commented
          Editing a comment
          Again congrats TsFost! I hope that once I complete everything that I will see you in the field one day!

• Ive heard that you cannot work at a location that is within 100 miles of where you live? is that just for BP or for CBP? Does anyone know how that works?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a BP thing. OFO has nothing similar to it.

Supposedly, it helps to address potential corruption and misconduct issues within the BP. Whatever address one gives as an applicant has a 100 mile bubble around it. Within that bubble, the chances of getting an initial hire as a PA fall under the rule. It doesn't apply to relocations, so nothing stops a person from ultimately migrating back to his backyard of usual haunts.

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome thank you!

• After being made an offer and getting an EOD 3 weeks ago. I logged into CASS and saw my percentage dropped and my EQIP & FINAL OFFER says "Pending" what does this mean now? I'm confused

Comment

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, get on the horn ASAP

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          System update, application update probably... they do this sometime.. Kevin1234 send your case manager an email... he/she can help you look into it...

• V_AntCBP you've seen this type of thing before? I just sent my case manager an email. I couldn't sleep last night after seeing this. I already got my EOD, now I'm not sure what the hell this is.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, happened to me last month, I passed poly-green checked, background changed to in progress Kevin1234 they were updating system and changed my poly to in progress and background pending, I emailed them and they told me they were updating system. I freaked out too... lol you will be find bro... especially every was done for you...
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-04-2019, 09:08 AM.

• That's fine, but even my Eqip changed. What's a Eqip decertification? V_AntCBP

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Kevin1234 system glitched, system update maybe... most likely its a system update...

• I was just sent an email with instructions to Recertify my Eqip. What exactly does this mean. I already have an EOD. But now my EQIP and FINAL OFFER went back to saying "Pending" again. What does this mean, to Recertify?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          field portion of background is starting... ... you got EOD because you were granted provisional... background still need to be done Kevin1234 you are fine... normal process... after you recertify Eqip, investigator will contact you,

• Kool... How long does this part take?

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          no specific time frame. after you re-certify you will meet with your BI In person a couple of weeks later, he/she will meet with references, and all past employers etc. he/she will will send their final report to OPR and will stay there until they approve it.. that should take 2-3 weeks to happen and then you have to wait for the approval. Everyone is different mine took 8 months to get the green light, yours might be before since you already have a a provisional. Its possible you start the academy and still be waiting on Background to get the green light, thats why you got a provisional.
          Last edited by raudy06; 11-04-2019, 02:17 PM.

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Been 2 mos since i first met my BI. Sitting on 88% of my CASS. Since then, haven't heard anything from them. Before i met BI, i got a call for eod and basic training academy dates. Just waiting my background investigation section to get a green light. All others, all green.
          Last edited by antoniojeff808; 11-04-2019, 04:54 PM.

• Well I have reached the end of the line. Can't go on because of uncorrected vision .

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you correct your vision? I had lasik and they are ok with it...

• itwasjustifi3d
          itwasjustifi3d commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends. College student. And mom had just dumped a whole lot of money for an oral surgery. so might have to wait to save up.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear! time is still on your side.

• itwasjustifi3d
          itwasjustifi3d commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I appreciate it! I'm still young so many more years ahead of me.

• So you only meet with BI if and after you pass Poly? And what occurs at this meeting?

Comment

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my case. Couple wks after i passed poly, i got a call from the BI itself to make an arrangement for the interview. About a month since passing the poly to meeting the BI. My BI flew out from mainland to Hawaii, spent a wk on the island for all the interviews.
          Last edited by antoniojeff808; 11-04-2019, 08:28 PM.

• Update:

Job Announcement:
        CBPO DH GS9 18-6
        Applied: 05/2018
        Interview: 06/2018
        Fitness Test/Medical Exam: 06/2018? - Completed the initial medical exam and did the fitness test the same day and same location
        Medical: 07/2018 - 08/2019
        Polygraph: 10/03/2019
        Drug Test: 10/14/2019
        Background Review: TBD
        Final Offer Letter:10/29 - Lukeville, Arizona
        EOD: 03/30 - Gives me time to move across country
        FLETC: 04/16-08/20
        Spanish Immersion Training: ? - I assume six weeks starting after graduation

Although this station is out in the middle of nowhere and is located 2.5 hours south of Phoenix, this gives me an opportunity to be able to gain more experience at a smaller border crossing than a larger one. Although the morale there has been described online as low, because the lack of any surrounding area, the rain closing the one highway, and having to live at least 40 minutes north of the location, I am trying to look at the positives to being assigned there. Never know what the next opportunity holds and how much you can learn in a smaller location.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          See you at FLETC in april. I EoD at Brownsville TX on 3/30.

• SpinyNorman83
          SpinyNorman83 commented
          Editing a comment
          TsFost, that's good to know someone else on here will be at FLETC during the same time. I am glad it is at the end of March to give me plenty of time to have everything organized for the move across country.

• Any update for 18-8 ? Anybody got the call yet?

Comment

• NoSlack898
          NoSlack898 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting, hopefully this week if not next

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice NoSlack898 your background is done already? What's location you are going for? How long you had to to wait for background to clear?

• NoSlack898
          NoSlack898 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP yes, took 8 months to clear. Going for swb

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          NoSlack898 8 months from when? Passing the poly?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3905 users online. 273 members and 3632 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X