Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...cid=spartandhp

Comment

• Considering applying to CBP.. Any insight into the background investigation? How stringent are they about credit history, job history etc.. what’s the academy like at FLETC? How rigorous and what is covered?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Start at page one and you'll figure it all out pretty quick. More fun that way too, and I started on page 1 for the same reasons.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The progression of this thread is an interesting exercise in evolution. Over time, much of what were threadworthy posts from years ago have become obsolete and/or archaic in today's world. On the other hand, usually understanding historical context is a must in truly comprehending most of the whys and reasonings behind Uncle Sugar doing what he does...so there is merit in reading this thread from front to back...as long as one can sort the wheat from the chaff...as it relates to the present.

• 18-8 here,

At 63% completion lol

drug test --
      medical --pending review--
      EQIP ✅
      Fitness ✅
      S I ✅
      Polygraph ✅
      B I ✅

Comment

• aztecquean
        aztecquean commented
        Editing a comment
        dalan The examiner told me on the spot, actually. After the poly, he went in to review the results with some other reviewer and asked me to wait. Took him about 30 minutes then came back and told me I passed. It took like a week to show up on my app tracker, though.

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6 also at 63% like aztecquean

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 63% too aztecquean you got green check on your Background already?? how long you had to wait from meeting investigator to background cleared?

• aztecquean
        aztecquean commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP It's green for me already, it took almost exactly one year lol 11 months and 26 days but who's countin

• I’ve read a lot of horror stories about poly experiences. Is it true only 30% pass? I never took one and don’t know much about it, what can I expect? Are questions based on eqip questions? Are they limited in time frame or entire life? I just don’t even know what to expect!

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 we better go take poly with empty mind. don`t think too much.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        NDA is signed so can't go into what gets asked. Just know to be calm, and listen to instructions.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 there was a public statistic about the break down I found. I simply googled why the fail rate is so high, there is nothing wrong with googling that. I wouldnt google about the polygraph process itself you will end up tripping yourself up on the day of. All that side half of the 70% fail rate was admitting to things during the poly. So if you have nothing to hide and already put everything in the eqip.. it makes your pass rate higher since you wont be in that category. Thats my theory, or it could just be me being super positive since I dont have anything to hide. If you do by chance fail you can reapply in two years, I know I will.

• How was poly dalan , you took couple days ago right? I was notified by email 2 days after poly that I passed

Comment

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I took it on 10/27/19. Waiting to hear back
        Last edited by dalan; 10-30-2019, 02:49 PM.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the examiner say anything after poly dalan verbal pass? My told me I did ok, but have to wait for offical pass email... Wait a min, You took it on Sun? I didn't know they work on sun too... Somebody is killing the OT....lol

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        At the end he said he said he is sending the results to QC, and wait for the email. Shook his hand and he gave a good luck in the process lol Took about 2.5 hours. So don't know what to expect lol

• I applied back in April and took my SI in june. I had got accepted for GS5. I just got done with a year of federal time and they accepted me for the GS9 grade. Really excited about that . MUST pass this polywag!!

Comment

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        a year of federal time with law enforcement or something unrelated to this field?

• Got my final letter of acceptance yesterday via email ( i thought they will mail it?) anyway, super stoked to finally have something in writing.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
        antoniojeff808 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 How would u know if u r cleared ur BI? Does it automatically turned green on CASS, do they notify u thru email..? Thas all im waiting for to clear. Sitting on 88% on my cass.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        antoniojeff808 they don't email when you clear things. You just have to randomly check CASS.

• antoniojeff808
        antoniojeff808 commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse Roger dodger.. thanks

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse EOD 11/18.

• Originally posted by jjsince97 View Post
      I applied back in April and took my SI in june. I had got accepted for GS5. I just got done with a year of federal time and they accepted me for the GS9 grade. Really excited about that . MUST pass this polywag!!
      Do they accommodate for your new pay? Like do you think they’ll start you as a Gs9 even if you applied for 5?

Comment

• jjsince97
        jjsince97 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I reapplied to another announcement for GS9. They keep everything you’ve completed so far and just change your grade from 5 to 9.

• 18-11 here, I applied 08/2018

At 63% completion (For the last 6 months or so) Anyone out there on the same announcement? Are yall getting called?

EQIP ✅
      Fitness ✅
      SI ✅
      Polygraph ✅
      Medical ✅
      Drug test - In Progress
      BI - In Progress

Comment

• JB411
        JB411 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are farther than I am in 18-11. Haven't even had the polygraph.

• BowMan2006 rthats what I figured too...can’t wait for this process to completed!

Comment

• EOD / FLETC INFO
      Since many are asking, I'll post this once. For EOD, you'll be at your port for about 2 weeks. You'll get a letter 30 days out explaining what you need to bring. You will pay the flight there, all living expenses, rental car etc. You won't get reimbursed. You'll be doing computer training or otherwise for 8 hrs/day with clothing requirement being business casual. Do wear a suit for swearing in (1st day usually). You'll select benefits, learn the job, etc. They'll tell you to bring your stuff for FLETC (shineable black boots, running shoes and another pair of gym shoes) along with 3 black shirts and 3 white shirts (class votes on undershirt color). You will get NO uniforms until you go to FLETC. Yes, you must pack 2 weeks of clothes plus FLETC stuff because they'll fly you (on their dime) from your EOD location to Jacksonville FL or Savannah GA (whichever is cheaper) then you travel by bus to FLETC. If you live close to FLETC and want to fly home first to pick up a car, those arrangements can be made but you'll have to buy the ticket up front and see if they'll partially credit you for at least what it would have cost to fly to FL or GA. The first day or two of FLETC is business casual until you get uniforms.

Comment

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some insight

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume boots needs to have composite toe?

• spilker13
        spilker13 commented
        Editing a comment
        will they let you drive from EOD to FLETC?

• Yes, it's all out of pocket until you go to FLETC, so if you plan on rental car, 2 wks of hotels, etc....save up. I've spent $2500 so far.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        true, but if you live 25 min away from your port like me you wont have the extra EOD expenses aside from gas.

• Also for all you worrying about the polygraph, all I can say is I've taken (and passed) 3 different ones on different law enforcement levels. This one was NOT the hardest I've taken, went very fast, and has been revamped to be more easily passed from what I've seen.

Comment

• LOCATION INCENTIVE.

Something you all should know is the location incentive (such as 25% for San Diego, etc) which you'll have for 3 years is NOT 25% of your increasing salary each year. It is 25% of what you enter at (like GS9 or whatnot) for all 3 years. EVEN IF YOU GO TO GS11 OR GS12 within that 3 year period, it will still be 25% of gs-9.

Comment

• Well thought i was going to get the call this week since i did my drug test last week, but it seems my medical examination expired on Oct. 26 so I will have to get my medical examination redone next week. No biggie i have no issues, but figured i would be done this week now it seems I'll have to do the examination and wait about another 2 weeks to get the call, but hey what can you do I already waited 2 years another 2 weeks is not going to kill me. I jist hope they have Philadelphia available. I believe they do i called the port and the representative told me they still have alot of positions available so fingers crossed.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh OK, make sense... How long medical is good for? 1 or 2 year? fort1978 if it's 1, almost everyone has to go back to Dr...

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP its good for 2 year, but before you get an offer you have to do the self certification. But if you pass the 2 year mark then you have to do the medical examintion all over again

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            10-4, thanks for clarifying that, fort1978 I always thought that as long as our application is still active, we just need to re certify. Just a little hiccup for you, all the hard parts are done... Congrats once again.... hope you get Phila man...

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it, you will be fine. Hope you get Philly.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8697 users online. 222 members and 8475 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X