300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrigoCBP View Post
    How long does the process take in Orlando, FL to get scheduled for the polygraph? I am aware that it's going to be a while since I just started the process not too long ago but I was wondering how long will it take for a VRA applicant in Orlando. Thanks! I want to mentally prepare myself for the wait lol

CBP VRA 19-12 GS-7
    Applied 9/9/19 ✅
    Entrance Exam 9/11/19 ✅
    Notice of Results 9/16/19 ✅
    SI 10/8/2019 ✅
    Medical 10/9/2019 ✅
    PFT 10/11/2019 ✅
    E-QIP Sent to OPR
    Polygraph
    BI
    Drug Test
    Final Call
    I did not know Orlando was even available. I am in central Florida and would love Tampa or Orlando. I have completed almost everything and all I have left is the Poly, BI and drug test. My BI should be easy due to the fact I have held a Top Secret for 10 years and a Secret clearance for 6 years ( both currently expired). I will not hold my breath and I am in no rush. I am a GS-9 VRA applicant.
    Last edited by pissedoff; 10-25-2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      There was an opening for orlando a few weeks ago. Orlando/Tampa/Miami come and go really fast for obvious reasons lol. Everyone wants to be here. What i meant on my original post is how long is it taking for applicants (regardless of where they get stationed at) in Orlando to get scheduled for their poly. I know that some cities and states are slower than others due to high population. From what ive seen, things are moving pretty fast down here. Either way Good luck to you in your process !

• Does anyone happen to have the packing list for CBP on hand? I know we receive it 2-3 weeks out before EOD. I’m just more of a planner so waiting till then has me stressing a little haha. Also, we obviously aren’t wearing uniforms to pre-academy, I’m assuming they have it in writing what they expect us to wear for those two weeks? Any assistance is appreciated!

Comment

• Midnight39’
      Midnight39’ commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m the same way. I wish they sent out a packing list a month ago. I already purchased some good boot socks and new boots.

Pre-academy I was told by the supervisor business attire.

When do you report for the academy?

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too, I want to know now.

• Is anyone going to BWI in Feb 2020 for their EOD?

Comment

• Did you bring anything with you to the SI? Resume? Anything g else? Also, do they tell you that day if you pass?

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 You do not need anything but a pen, leave your phone in the car they just take it anyway. Key note, be confident in your responses and speak clearly. I have no military, police or specialized training, just an accounting degree and I passed. Also dress like you would for a job you really want dont do the jeans and dress shirt route. You will be fine, its nerve wracking for everyone but it goes quick. They told me that day when I passed and then they took my finger prints. Good luck, let us know when you pass.

• Midnight39’
        Midnight39’ commented
        Editing a comment
        Just bring the forms of identification with you they requested. They fingerprinted me and then conducted the SI. The folks didn’t say I passed but gave me a strong indication that I did with how they were talking to me afterwards. I got the results the next day.

Best of luck on your SI. My advice would be to answer the questions as honestly as possible and don’t tell them what you think they want to hear.

• So finally after waiting 7 months since background was submitted...I got my stability cleared. I am already going to hit my 2 yr mark since I applied (17-11)
      but at least now I see the light a little brighter at end of tunnel! Now waiting on drug test and call.

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        jamoranto I had to meet twice with my BI back in march then waited 7 months after that. Hope your goes quick

JimmyW777 that's awesome..I was wondering about the time frame from after the drug test to final call so thanks for the insight. How long did you have between final offer to EOD ?

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        about 4 months

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978 I EoD March 30th and go to FLETC April 14th. Dates seem to be out a good bit so what you said is a really good chance.

• Mkebdani
        Mkebdani commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical just cleared literally 13 months later. I am at 50% now. Does anyone know when polygraph is scheduled once medical is cleared?

• I accepted a position in Atlanta, GA. My EOD is 14 Jan.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Tropictac, lucky you got atl, it's not opened often. How long you had to wait for your background to clear?
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-28-2019, 09:50 PM.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, i havent seen anyone get ATL.

• Tropictac
        Tropictac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you guys, the BI took around 4 months. The whole process was fast, took 10 months. I applied for the 19-3 VRA GS9 announcement.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        The VRA is what got that port which is an awesome perk for having the background you have. I wish my EoD was that early lol.

• So when in the process do you meet with the BI? Does everyone meet with one? What occurs during the meeting?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        After successfully passed poly, you will meet with BI, most of everyone has to meet one. They will go over your eqip line by line, they will go over your credit and want explanation if there is missed payments, collections... There is a background manager that already reviewed your background, he or she would have a list of questions regarding info on your eqip that they want answers, clarification, You can update whatever you want during this meeting. They will confirm your references, your employer, your neighbor's info, they meet all of them before submitting your background for adjudication. whitjj72

• My B.I hasn't cleared yet, but has been submitted to OPR since probably july or August. What's the probability of getting hired or not? Anyone with any idea!

By the way I applied for BPA with open location.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        the BI is the last thing to clear before you get your DT and the Call, unless you get provisional. If you haven't taken your Poly yet then you aren't at either point yet. If you have taken and passed your Poly then at this point it's a waiting game for you until you either get a call to set up a DT or set up the meeting with your investigator. Good luck with the BPA application process. I did both BPA and OFO when I applied.

123456789 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man! I already passed my polygraph and met with my investigator 2x. I know they met and interviewed a couple of my references and prior employers before they submitted my case to OPR. I guess I just gotta wait and stay hopeful

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I read on here someone say they have 45 days after the initial meeting to finish up, but I could be way off.

123456789 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only time will tell

• Just got my reporting instructions for my EOD via email, still waiting for my official selection package in the mail.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        did it include a packing list? I really should have asked my coworker before he left my airport for Fletc in August. I remember when he got his email to give to HR so they could finish transferring his federal documents over.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        nope, nothing about that yet TsFost

• 19-11 CBPO - Requesting Buffalo NY
      9/14 exam ✅
      9/23 eqip submitted ✅
      9/30 medical ✅
      10/3 fitness ✅
      10/29 SI ✅

now the waiting game for Poly

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72. let shake hands since i also have both 19-3, 19-11 cbpo and DH. waiting for poly as well. SI was completed oct 19- 2018.

• shades0132
        shades0132 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations whitjj72 . Did they fingerprint you after the SI? I had the my SI in the same area as you (about a month ahead of you) and the agent said its going to be quite awhile before the poly.

• So I emailed the contact below regarding info on the suitability determinations in hopes to find out why I was deemed unsuitable last week, and it was a waste of time. Its the address given in the email I received and states "for information regarding CBP suitability determinations, you may contact OPR at [email protected]."
      Sent an email asking for any kind of details/factors that caused the unsuitable determination and they just send back a generic response and no real explanation. Just an fyi if anyone is in the same boat.

Comment

• cam04
        cam04 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same happened to me.

• Random question that I may be overthinking. It's been 2 months since I passed my poly and currently in the BI phase, I have not met with investigator yet. The opportunity to start a small business came up and will require me to get a small loan. My question is, will this effect my chances of getting hired? Would I be putting at risk my entire application process?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        shouldnt affect you unless you default on it and have no explanation as to why or how to address it.

• standtheman wow so poly hasn’t been scheduled for over a year now for you? My recruiter at SI said I should have it within 4months but ofcourse no promises. What is DH?

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Dh is direct hire

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        The interviewers at the si also told me will be 4 to 6 months and now i am still waiting lol

• standtheman what locations are you looking to get

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 im applying for san francisco, LAX, some where in southern border

• Any other applicants from 20-1 on here?

Comment

• Klumper23
        Klumper23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice and good luck to you! I have my final step on friday. Im trying for MSP in MN.

• itwasjustifi3d
        itwasjustifi3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow good luck to you! Final step are you VRA or something?

• Klumper23
        Klumper23 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I finished the process a few months ago but reapplied for a better location. My fitness test expired since I took it last Aug. I have it on friday then I should hopefully get the call in the next two weeks.

• itwasjustifi3d
        itwasjustifi3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that sucks. At the rate I'm going I hope I can get the call once I graduate university in April.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7398 users online. 387 members and 7011 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X