Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when in the process do you meet with the BI? Does everyone meet with one? What occurs during the meeting?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      After successfully passed poly, you will meet with BI, most of everyone has to meet one. They will go over your eqip line by line, they will go over your credit and want explanation if there is missed payments, collections... There is a background manager that already reviewed your background, he or she would have a list of questions regarding info on your eqip that they want answers, clarification, You can update whatever you want during this meeting. They will confirm your references, your employer, your neighbor's info, they meet all of them before submitting your background for adjudication. whitjj72

• My B.I hasn't cleared yet, but has been submitted to OPR since probably july or August. What's the probability of getting hired or not? Anyone with any idea!

By the way I applied for BPA with open location.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      the BI is the last thing to clear before you get your DT and the Call, unless you get provisional. If you haven't taken your Poly yet then you aren't at either point yet. If you have taken and passed your Poly then at this point it's a waiting game for you until you either get a call to set up a DT or set up the meeting with your investigator. Good luck with the BPA application process. I did both BPA and OFO when I applied.

123456789 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! I already passed my polygraph and met with my investigator 2x. I know they met and interviewed a couple of my references and prior employers before they submitted my case to OPR. I guess I just gotta wait and stay hopeful

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I read on here someone say they have 45 days after the initial meeting to finish up, but I could be way off.

123456789 commented
      Editing a comment
      Only time will tell

• Just got my reporting instructions for my EOD via email, still waiting for my official selection package in the mail.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      did it include a packing list? I really should have asked my coworker before he left my airport for Fletc in August. I remember when he got his email to give to HR so they could finish transferring his federal documents over.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      nope, nothing about that yet TsFost

• 19-11 CBPO - Requesting Buffalo NY
    9/14 exam ✅
    9/23 eqip submitted ✅
    9/30 medical ✅
    10/3 fitness ✅
    10/29 SI ✅

now the waiting game for Poly

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      whitjj72. let shake hands since i also have both 19-3, 19-11 cbpo and DH. waiting for poly as well. SI was completed oct 19- 2018.

• shades0132
      shades0132 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations whitjj72 . Did they fingerprint you after the SI? I had the my SI in the same area as you (about a month ahead of you) and the agent said its going to be quite awhile before the poly.

• So I emailed the contact below regarding info on the suitability determinations in hopes to find out why I was deemed unsuitable last week, and it was a waste of time. Its the address given in the email I received and states "for information regarding CBP suitability determinations, you may contact OPR at [email protected]."
    Sent an email asking for any kind of details/factors that caused the unsuitable determination and they just send back a generic response and no real explanation. Just an fyi if anyone is in the same boat.

Comment

• cam04
      cam04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same happened to me.

• Random question that I may be overthinking. It's been 2 months since I passed my poly and currently in the BI phase, I have not met with investigator yet. The opportunity to start a small business came up and will require me to get a small loan. My question is, will this effect my chances of getting hired? Would I be putting at risk my entire application process?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      shouldnt affect you unless you default on it and have no explanation as to why or how to address it.

• standtheman wow so poly hasn’t been scheduled for over a year now for you? My recruiter at SI said I should have it within 4months but ofcourse no promises. What is DH?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Dh is direct hire

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      The interviewers at the si also told me will be 4 to 6 months and now i am still waiting lol

• standtheman what locations are you looking to get

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      whitjj72 im applying for san francisco, LAX, some where in southern border

• Any other applicants from 20-1 on here?

Comment

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice and good luck to you! I have my final step on friday. Im trying for MSP in MN.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow good luck to you! Final step are you VRA or something?

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I finished the process a few months ago but reapplied for a better location. My fitness test expired since I took it last Aug. I have it on friday then I should hopefully get the call in the next two weeks.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that sucks. At the rate I'm going I hope I can get the call once I graduate university in April.

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...cid=spartandhp

Comment

• Considering applying to CBP.. Any insight into the background investigation? How stringent are they about credit history, job history etc.. what’s the academy like at FLETC? How rigorous and what is covered?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Start at page one and you'll figure it all out pretty quick. More fun that way too, and I started on page 1 for the same reasons.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The progression of this thread is an interesting exercise in evolution. Over time, much of what were threadworthy posts from years ago have become obsolete and/or archaic in today's world. On the other hand, usually understanding historical context is a must in truly comprehending most of the whys and reasonings behind Uncle Sugar doing what he does...so there is merit in reading this thread from front to back...as long as one can sort the wheat from the chaff...as it relates to the present.

• 18-8 here,

At 63% completion lol

drug test --
      medical --pending review--
      EQIP ✅
      Fitness ✅
      S I ✅
      Polygraph ✅
      B I ✅

Comment

• aztecquean
        aztecquean commented
        Editing a comment
        dalan The examiner told me on the spot, actually. After the poly, he went in to review the results with some other reviewer and asked me to wait. Took him about 30 minutes then came back and told me I passed. It took like a week to show up on my app tracker, though.

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6 also at 63% like aztecquean

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 63% too aztecquean you got green check on your Background already?? how long you had to wait from meeting investigator to background cleared?

• aztecquean
        aztecquean commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP It's green for me already, it took almost exactly one year lol 11 months and 26 days but who's countin

• I’ve read a lot of horror stories about poly experiences. Is it true only 30% pass? I never took one and don’t know much about it, what can I expect? Are questions based on eqip questions? Are they limited in time frame or entire life? I just don’t even know what to expect!

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 we better go take poly with empty mind. don`t think too much.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        NDA is signed so can't go into what gets asked. Just know to be calm, and listen to instructions.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        whitjj72 there was a public statistic about the break down I found. I simply googled why the fail rate is so high, there is nothing wrong with googling that. I wouldnt google about the polygraph process itself you will end up tripping yourself up on the day of. All that side half of the 70% fail rate was admitting to things during the poly. So if you have nothing to hide and already put everything in the eqip.. it makes your pass rate higher since you wont be in that category. Thats my theory, or it could just be me being super positive since I dont have anything to hide. If you do by chance fail you can reapply in two years, I know I will.

• How was poly dalan , you took couple days ago right? I was notified by email 2 days after poly that I passed

Comment

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I took it on 10/27/19. Waiting to hear back
        Last edited by dalan; 10-30-2019, 02:49 PM.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the examiner say anything after poly dalan verbal pass? My told me I did ok, but have to wait for offical pass email... Wait a min, You took it on Sun? I didn't know they work on sun too... Somebody is killing the OT....lol

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        At the end he said he said he is sending the results to QC, and wait for the email. Shook his hand and he gave a good luck in the process lol Took about 2.5 hours. So don't know what to expect lol

• I applied back in April and took my SI in june. I had got accepted for GS5. I just got done with a year of federal time and they accepted me for the GS9 grade. Really excited about that . MUST pass this polywag!!

Comment

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        a year of federal time with law enforcement or something unrelated to this field?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3894 users online. 273 members and 3621 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X