Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my final letter of acceptance and reporting instructions from HQ..... waiting till tomorrow to call the POE, as they say to allow 24 hours for processing. As of right now, I'm reporting on a Friday (11/15) to the POE. I'm hoping the POE pushes it off to Monday. Doesn't seem realistic to report on a Friday and then have the weekend off before starting pre-academy.

But if that's what they want, then I'll be there! :P
    CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: 4/15/2019
    Poly 2: 5/22/2019
    Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
    Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
    BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
    BI Meet: 06/24/2019
    PFT2: 06/26/2019
    Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
    Referred: 07/03/2019
    Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
    PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
    BI check: 10/15/2019
    Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
    EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Elgin_87 not yet but i got an email with my first day of EOD reporting instructions.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 I haven't got that yet. Maybe in the next week or two I will hear something.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat. I've spoken with my FTO and FTO Sup and was told HR portal access begins 1 week before EOD.

However I'm still waiting on TSU to approve/deny my request to move my EOD to the 18th, vice the 15th, due to Military Reserve orders.

Got a call at the beginning of the week from a very confused TSU HR kat, said he'd call back and hasnt yet.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got off the phone with TSU... they have shifted my EOD to Nov 18th vice Nov 15th. This will save me a weekend worth of hotel, rental car and so.

I also will be able to execute a full week for ADT orders, and a full DWE. Much needed funds to help pay for a hotel and rental for 2 weeks while at pre-academy! Lol

• I saw on USAjobs they have been hiring polygraphers for CBP! And the closing date is soon so hopefully this means the wait will be cut down a little bit !

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      jjsince97 I agree any bit helps even if it shaves off 1 to 3 months of the wait.
      Last edited by BowMan2006; 10-24-2019, 09:59 AM.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      hopefully, it will be a great relief for some of you guys still in the process.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are 13 vacancies, its going to take a few months to pick candidates, a few more months to interview, then hire and train. You're not going to see a difference for a year or more.

• D6D2A38A-33A9-41F1-9360-B278521ADF74.png

Comment

• Anyone hired in Miami Florida?

Comment

• MattyjayG
        MattyjayG commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2 Miami

• Carlos0933
        Carlos0933 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you hit me up PM me. I have a few questions

• So much for improving communication technology and stuff,
      I emailed this address a week ago and haven't gotten a response yet. Had to check to see if I sent to a right address or not lol [email protected]

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I gave up on trying to be proactive. The extreme wait for answers of basic inquiries, and when you do get something that's not a generic cut/paste response, the HR "professionals" in this organization are not helpful 97% of the time. I applied to a couple local jobs I was interested in, and I guess they can just hope I'm still interested when the hiring center finally gets back to me.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I'm gonna have to say their HR just purely suck ...... can't help anything, Usually I'm fine with generic/no response (sooo use to it) but few weeks ago they sent out email blah blah on how they are improving communication technology this and that ...I just had to laugh and post this... Hal29 Dodge_Guy19-4

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP they can improve technology all they want, if they dont improve the operator of the system it will still be trash

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with Dodge_Guy19-4. Operatiors just have their daily job tash is sit there and gave out non helpful responses and their famous words “ i cant tell you the time frame and blah blah blah” ...

• Quick question anyone have a General idea when rhe drug exam usually clears i took it on Tuesday so just waiting for it to clear and waiting on the call. Hope they have Philadelphia available

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        around 10 days

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks raudy06

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        you got it, my turnaround was 10 for DT to clear and 10 days for the call. you are on the very end brother, you should see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

• EOD 11/5 and start the Academy 11/21. Anyone else out there?

Comment

• Cwmsays
        Cwmsays commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same dates

• Midnight39’
        Midnight39’ commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know if we will get a packing list for FLETC?

• Cwmsays
        Cwmsays commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m pretty sure we should get an email with some items we need to bring. Also can ask during pre academy.

• I had the BPA final job offer today, "the call". How much time will take CBPO to make the call?
      Last edited by Tropictac; 10-24-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine took about a week after the BPA offer was given. I just kept telling BP that I'd like to hear both offers before making a choice, and they told me that they would continue to call OFO to let them know to call me.

• Had my BI reach out to me because his report was kicked back to question me more on a discrepancy. On my EQIP, I had stated i had no foreign national contacts but when I met with the investigator, we talked about that question and I told him I had 1 and disclosed all the details which he added to the report. CBP kicked it back because I originally said no and the investigator said yes.

There is already an explanation in his report so I don't know why they are questioning it again.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure mine will be kicked back. I had previous work dates allllll messed up. I used the same work dates for TSA and the BI for them never said anything about them when I talked to him earlier this year. Luckily I had an amazing BI for CBP, and we went over all the dates and corrected everything, and he said these things happen. I'm hoping that since he fixed it then all will be good, but I won't be surprised if it kicks back for clarification on why I was wrong on dates.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Tropictac how long was your background, from meeting investigator to finish?
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-24-2019, 10:56 PM.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        jamoranto how long after you met with your BI did CBP kick back your background?

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984, I met with the BI a little over 3 weeks ago. He initially told me, he had 2 weeks to submit his report.

• Anyone from 19-2 for JFK received email or phone call for the polygraph exam. Any feedback is greatly appreciated like always and congrats to those who have been given EOD for this long process. Good luck to all.

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 Gotta have patience for this process especially the poly, the wait is close to a year. I feel like you are going to be so heart broken if you dont get this job, you are on here almost every other day asking lol. Good luck.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        It actually more than a year waiting for me. my SI was completed oct 19 2018 and i am still waiting for to be called.

• Announcement 18-13
      Applied September 2018
      SI November 2018
      Medical clear April 2019
      Polygraph pending
      Today 49 weeks since my SI

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you thought about reapply under a different announcement for an area in need of officers like a DH? Or are you set on whatever location you originally chose in the first announcement.

• How long does the process take in Orlando, FL to get scheduled for the polygraph? I am aware that it's going to be a while since I just started the process not too long ago but I was wondering how long will it take for a VRA applicant in Orlando. Thanks! I want to mentally prepare myself for the wait lol

CBP VRA 19-12 GS-7
      Applied 9/9/19 ✅
      Entrance Exam 9/11/19 ✅
      Notice of Results 9/16/19 ✅
      SI 10/8/2019 ✅
      Medical 10/9/2019 ✅
      PFT 10/11/2019 ✅
      E-QIP Sent to OPR
      Polygraph
      BI
      Drug Test
      Final Call
      Last edited by DrigoCBP; 10-25-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• I got the call today. They sent a special request to HQ (VRA).

Comment

• Originally posted by DrigoCBP View Post
          How long does the process take in Orlando, FL to get scheduled for the polygraph? I am aware that it's going to be a while since I just started the process not too long ago but I was wondering how long will it take for a VRA applicant in Orlando. Thanks! I want to mentally prepare myself for the wait lol

CBP VRA 19-12 GS-7
          Applied 9/9/19 ✅
          Entrance Exam 9/11/19 ✅
          Notice of Results 9/16/19 ✅
          SI 10/8/2019 ✅
          Medical 10/9/2019 ✅
          PFT 10/11/2019 ✅
          E-QIP Sent to OPR
          Polygraph
          BI
          Drug Test
          Final Call
          I’m in Orlando and applied on announcement 19-9 in mid June. Had my first polygraph first week of October, didn’t go well. I just got called yesterday to set up a second polygraph. That will take place this Monday. So two polygraphs in the month of October.

I applied to a regular announcement GS9. So I’d say your wait for a poly is between now and who knows lol. Best case scenario you get lucky like me and takes less than 3 months. Worst case a year...

hopefully I pass this polygraph...

Comment

• DrigoCBP
            DrigoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            wow your polygraph got scheduled pretty fast then. I see people on this forum waiting 9 months to a year before they hear from the polygraph examiner. Hopefully mine comes as quick as yours.

Good luck on your second attempt !! Keep us updated.

• Good evening (or morning etc) again very new to the forum. I was just curious about CBP's hiring process. So I just finished my medical today, and I know HR will call back about my medical condition. However, once I logged onto CBP Jobs I already saw that they already set up an SI for me. I'm happy that everything is moving along, but surprised that they'll schedule something without hearing back from the other stages. Isn't that just a waste of resources...

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope it's pretty normal. If medical doesn't clear they will give you the chance to appeal it usually. So no need to halt the process. Good luck at your SI

• itwasjustifi3d
            itwasjustifi3d commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay cool! And thank you! And congrats to you! Hopefully I can appeal. Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that they "may" offer less arduous positions (things not in SRT related activities). For the SI this will my first real panel interview (I already know to pay respect and stuff, yes sir/ma'am etc) but is their any other advice that will help?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11001 users online. 397 members and 10604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X