Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey does anyone believe that the agencies will be reorganized the way they were pre 9/11 and the us customs service, ins, and border patrol will all became separate agencies again sometime in the future.
    the reason why I'm asking is because I remember my bi (who was a former customs agent) mentioning that there was talk that it may happen and he said it would do great good to the employees? any truth?
    "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
      hey does anyone believe that the agencies will be reorganized the way they were pre 9/11 and the us customs service, ins, and border patrol will all became separate agencies again sometime in the future.
      the reason why I'm asking is because I remember my bi (who was a former customs agent) mentioning that there was talk that it may happen and he said it would do great good to the employees? any truth?
      One way or another we'll find out next year I'm sure.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

hey does anyone believe that the agencies will be reorganized the way they were pre 9/11 and the us customs service, ins, and border patrol will all became separate agencies again sometime in the future.

I hear the same thing from union reps, but I'll believe it when I see it. I think it would help stop some of the bleeding from the agency. I think it would make the agency more effective. This one size fits all crap doesn't work.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

I doubt it. Also, for the sake of being accurate pre 9/11, Border Patrol was under the INS and were not separate agency.

FB

Comment

• For all you guys wanting to know the duties of a CBPO, there will be a show on ABC, Homeland Security USA. Looks to be a "COPS" style show covering all DHS agencies, CBP, USCG, and so on. On about January 1st I believe. Looks to be pretty cool. From what they showed it was a camera crew following people while they perform their duties.

Also, there was a series on the National Geographic Channel called Americas Port. It was about the daily operations of the LA seaport, but CBP was a major part of the show. I think it was only a limited number of shows, but wouldn't hurt to try to find it in case you want more information.
            ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
            Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
            March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
            July 09 Oral Board
            Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
            Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Boston Port Director Arrested

We had a very bad day here on Friday in Boston. Our beloved Port Director was arrested. Unfortunately, I was involved with this case. I am on her side because there are circumstances not reported in the paper or that I can state here. We are hoping that all this gets cleared up soon. She had a tremendous showing in support of her outside of the courthouse. Hey Merlin, have you guys heard about this? Here is the article:

Feds: Boston Homeland Security honcho harbored illegal alien
              By Richard Weir
              Friday, December 5, 2008

A U.S. Homeland Security director charged with keeping illegal aliens from entering New England ports was busted this morning for allegedly employing a Brazilian housekeeper who snuck into the United States unlawfully, federal prosecutors charged.

Lorraine Henderson, 50, who supervised a staff of 220 employees as the Boston Area Port Director since 2003, was caught on tape in May warning her cleaning woman to be “careful” not to get caught by custom agents, according to an affidavit unsealed today. “You have to be careful ’cause they will deport you. Be careful,” Henderson allegedly advised her housekeeper, who cooperated with authorities by wearing a wiretap while working in Henderon’s Salem condo. “If you leave they won’t let you back. You can’t leave, don’t leave ’cause once you leave you will never be back,” she told the woman, who entered the United States illegally through Mexico, according to prosecutors.

Henderson, who surrendered her badge and gun, will be arraigned this afternoon in U.S. District Court. She faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine if she is convicted of the charge of harboring an illegal alien.
              As Boston area port director for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Henderson is responsible for overseeing the arrival and departure of people and cargo at airports and shipping ports in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island, including Logan and Bradley international airports.

© Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
                We had a very bad day here on Friday in Boston. Our beloved Port Director was arrested. Unfortunately, I was involved with this case. I am on her side because there are circumstances not reported in the paper or that I can state here. We are hoping that all this gets cleared up soon.
                That article is pretty compelling. I hope for your Port Director's sake those circumstances you're talking about are pretty extraordinary.
                Last edited by rbakous1; 12-06-2008, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Put me in as a doubter also.

First, there's little of legacy Customs or legacy INS left, and most(or close to it) officers are legacy CBP. How would they divide people up? Not easily. Even if they divided things internally, who's deciding who goes where? Management? The Officers? Expect to see a huge mess with that and the union going bonkers. Years of hassle.

Second, it would be a huge admission of failure on the part of CBP/DHS; I don't see them swallowing that pill willingly.

Long shot...BP goes off on their own. Very long shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
                    Hey Merlin, have you guys heard about this?
                    Yes, but really no more than what's in the papers and what's out in the public.

Either a case of titanic stupidity and arrogance or there's a lot more to it than what I've heard.

Comment

• I still like the idea/rumor of having a basic immigration academy. Then people would have to put their time in at the ports and doing cap, then go to advanced training for patrol, and then advanced training for investigations.

Somewhat like the locals do with court/detention deputies, before going to the road. Then after a few years on the road you can "specialize".. DO, OI, ASU, etc..

Comment

• I like that idea...I'm not so sure how it would work with OFO though. What would they do with the customs side of the house?

Comment

• i took the written exam in Feb 2007 and just cleared the entire process on the hotline. if i don't get called by Feb of '09 will my written exam expire?

Comment

• By the way Thank You guys for your input

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                              i took the written exam in Feb 2007 and just cleared the entire process on the hotline. if i don't get called by Feb of '09 will my written exam expire?
                              If you cleared everything and are getting ready to enter TSU then I wouldn't think you'd have to worry about your written test.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                                Are the uniforms you wear pretty standard whether you work at airport, seaport? etc.. I will probably be working at the airport so I don't know if I should invest in some nicer Danner boots if I won't be able to wear them.
                                No. Uniforms change depending on job duty.

Wearing boots at the airport...not likely.

Wait until you're hired and out of the academy before buying anything. (Good advice for every new hire.) Much of what you think you'll need later, you'll probably won't. Or, it'll be given to you...or you'll have it available to get with uniform allowance money.

Save your cash until you know what you'll need.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6636 users online. 322 members and 6314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X