300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "CBP Hiring Notice - Communication Update

CBP is excited for your interest in a Customs and Border Protection Officer career. CBP is looking for individuals dedicated and committed to help us carry out our mission. We thank you for your interest and are sure you will find your future career with CBP rewarding.

In order to ensure we are providing you with the assistance and support you need during the application process, we have CBP customer service staff available to answer any questions you may have about your application process or about your future career with CBP. You may reach CBP by email [email protected] or contact CBP by phone at (855) 500-3722.

Please note we are currently upgrading our communication technology and if you choose to contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by phone you may receive a delay in response. But be assured if you leave a message we will return your call in the order in which it was received."

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got that last week, I thought it was the email for my poly lol. Needless to say huge let down.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, seems that CBP began sending that communication out last week. I'm 18-6 and got that email last week.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 19-8, 50% complete and I as well thought this was my polygraph notification LOL
      Its certainly a step in the right direction, this process needs an overhaul at some point to speed things up.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      PA_Ed Glad I was not the only one who thought it was the Poly email. I agree it definitely is a step in the right direction especially if you don't know about this forum there are so many questions to the process. I just wish they would hire more polygraph examiners on a temp basis and get the wait back down to 5 to 6 months.

• 19-1 Reg Hire

YES!!!

My medical cleared and I'm finally at 50% completed.

It's a small step further but for me it's a big one. I had lasik done back in July and have been waiting to get the green check on my tracker.

I'm going to give it a week and then be proactive and start emailing about the Polygraph.

My SI was 11/2018 so hopefully that will help expedite the wait but of course the poly wait time is a mystery for everyone.

50 percent .jpg
    Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 10-21-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice... and guess what , i am still waiting for my poly and it been 1 year since si already...

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndGenFed thats how I felt once my additional med paperwork cleared.

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman - Yeah, you're one month ahead of me. That's crazy. My 1 year will be next month but it looks like that's the norm around here so I'm rooting for you because hopefully that means I'll follow shortly.

• Si had been one year already... and iam still waiting for poly

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, that's the 1 year mark alright. Well then, based on other applicants your wait time for the poly will be somewhere between 1 week to 1.5 years. Make sure to check your email.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      same here, still waiting for Poly since Sep 2018. good luck to everyone.

• So i was originally 18-6, then i saw the miami announcement for 19-2.. all my stuff transferred and my application for 18-6 no longer shows up in my cass.. i am currently at 50% waiting the poly.. now i have to wait around the same time as 19-2's poly exams to start being scheduled to have mine scheduled as well right?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Case manager info can be found on your CASS, log in, there is an alert bell on the right, click on it, should have emails communication between your case manager and you, your case manager email should be something like this cbphiringbibox"NUMBER"@cbp.dhs.gov Bam2323

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP when i click the alert bell, it just states there are no alerts... my CASS progress still shows at 50% though pending poly.. I am going to check my emails next

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323 check your email, case manager should be the one communicated with you regarding submitting your Eqip. Their personal email should be the format I sent you...

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323 your case manager info is at the very bottom of the emails. Good back to the first few emails after you applied.

• I already have my EOD but I was just emailed and told that I was sent a fingerprint card because my prints that was taken at the SI cannot be used !!! What does this mean? Can someone tell me?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      sometimes fingerprints taken at SI can get "corrupted" or whatever so they send you a manual packet. just go to your local police department, have them do your prints and mail it back overnight so you dont lose anymore time. it happens, it happened to me , not this late in the process but it did.

• Had my sit down with my BI today. He was thorough, and made it very easy to get through any questions that management had from my eqip. I'm looking forward to seeing that final blue circle go green at some point in the coming months.

Comment

• Mr. T7
      Mr. T7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear your process is moving along. I'm in the BI phase as well. How long, from the poly up until now, did you wait?

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even though I got an EOD I still want to see that background **** turn green, I go in everyday on CASS. I cant wait. Good Luck to all of you. Who out there will be heading to JFK in February?

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. T7 I took and passed the poly on 10/1/19 then took the DT on 10/9/19. Accepted my final offer last week and got called by my BI as well. So just over 2 weeks to hear from the investigator initially. Wonder how long it'll take to fully clear after he turns in all of his paper work. He said he would call if they needed any more clarifications.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevin1234 EOD 1/28 for JFK here

• Anyone familiar with LAX's schedule, management, OT etc?
    Any useful information is deeply appreciated. I'll be getting the call very soon!

Comment

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m waiting too I’m at 88 percent on my app

• My EOD is 11/25/2019, This whole process took forever. Does anyone have the same EOD dates or EODs in November? Any tips on what to pack for FLETC will be great. Goodluck to everyone who still in the process.

Comment

• FutureCBPO95
      FutureCBPO95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello!
      I recommend getting running shoes, and another set of shoes for indoor use for the PEB test , black ankle socks, black long socks, they will issue you boots BUT later on, so go with your own cheap but good boots ( i bought smith and wesson boots) get black crew neck t shirts, get black shoe polish, get belt buckle polish(brasso) , get micro fiber towels to polish. ill be in fletc in exactly 1 month.

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD at port on 11/25

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD November 18, Academy December 4.

• Cwmsays
      Cwmsays commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD November 5

• Hi quick question. Working on my equip right now. Being a college student should I put down dormitories and apartments I was in? Or is just putting down my permanent address enough? Also I ma having issues with the employment section with an error talking about working prior to 18th birthday (which I did not), any solutions? Thanks!

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Put down the physical address where you sleep at night.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told if you did not work prior to your 18ty birthday select unemployed.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mike well I started work in 2017 and this was when I was 19 so...
      And thanks Dodge

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here I didn't work until age 19 & got the same error about working prior to 18. I was told to select unemployed to resolve that issue

• 5 months so far! Scared for this poly !!

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I gave up being scared when I realized it was a coin flip - if its meant to be my day it will.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair Exactly how I feel plus being early thirties I have another shot or two at this job if I dont pass the first time.

• SI next week. Any recommendations?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview
      Read this page, dress to impress, business suit, tie and all that, respect them officers, yes sir, no sir type of thing when communicating,
      use common sense, apply competencies listed on the page to your answers, you should be fine... good luck whitjj72

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      whitjj72 I took the interview and passed it without any prior police or military training/experience. Be confident in your responses though super important. I did not do the yes sir no sir thing, I did treat them with respect and I treated it like a real interview(one shot, one chance type of mindset) Good luck, let us know when you pass.

• Whelp received a response to my NOPA today, have been deemed unsuitable.
    Some background: apparently during my BI there was derogatory info found against me between the polygraph I took for a role as Border Patrol Agent way back in 2014, and the E-Qip I certified for the current CBPO position back in early 2018 (missed disclosing stuff I told the polygrapher in 2014 as I thought the events had occurred in 2011- outside of the 7 year window, but that I mentioned in my polygraph for this role back in June). Seems like my memory of stuff that happened way in the past was not great. My nopa response was lengthy and detailed everything I could think of.
    Honestly, debating if I even want to bother trying to reapply, not even sure when I could. The whole pre-employment process is a joke, I originally applied back in March 2018. In my opinion I am an excellent candidate, Masters degree, early 30's, plenty of experience and one mental lapse over something that happened almost 6 years ago screws me.
    I just hope this doesn't have that big of an effect on my other federal applications.

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gooby77 Damn sorry I read that wrong, at work so I skim read. That sucks, you have sometime to decide no need to rush it. Aside from the long wait the process is not that hard or time consuming. I am early 30's too, even if I fail poly or BI I would still put an application in again. The process is lengthy wait wise so you might apply and want a new direction in life. Good luck to you, hope to see you back in the running.

• Gooby77
      Gooby77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, just frustrating going through everything and having to do follow ups and then basically told no because I screwed up some dates.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Gooby77 only some dates and they DQed you? thats crazy, both you and them have invested so much into this process... sometime I don't get how they work. I'm waiting on my background to be cleared too and seeing this scaring me.. I did make a mistake not on Eqip but on the Questionnaire answers when first applied, I told investigator during our meeting, wanted to correct it,they made notes but I don't know if they gonna DQ me now... this process has been brutal....
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-24-2019, 08:37 AM.

• Gooby77
      Gooby77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup disclosed any and everything I could think of to my poly examiner back in June, but I think they were hung up on the dates. The stuff that had happened was pretty minor in my opinion

• Update :

I did the medical today and good news is I can see and hear still :-)

I still have the background to be completed and the polygraph but I am in no rush. I just took another federal job and start next week. I now have to decide if I want to continue with the CBP. Oh well, I am just happy to get a job.

Good Luck to the rest of you.

(I didn’t really want to move for the CBP but I wouldn’t know the location until I was hired and this is the reason why I took the other lower paying federal job. This position I just took I didn’t have to move. I have a wife and kids and they did not want to move 2,000 miles away)

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel ya. I'm moving 1,168 miles away in March for OFO.

• My medical has been pending for almost 3 months now since submitting extra notes. =/

Comment

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 oh yea for sure. I mean I still check it every few days out of habit at this point as it's only been about 2 months since my Si. At least 4 more to go it seems.

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine a year. And its taking long. Last update they give me is that they are behine as hell

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t worry mine is still pending waiting almost a year. Last update was that they are so behind

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      Vairon89 They were super quick in requesting more documents that's for sure

• Finally got the call! Lots of locations available, we decided on Detroit. I don’t leave for training until April. Two years in, good luck guys!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats man, kli0211 I'm approaching 18 months and still "patiently" waiting smh ... was Washington Dulles or Seattle offered?

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      @V_AntCBPthank you! These were the Washington state locations they offered me, but just so everyone knows they did mention something about being a GS9 and being offered more locations, so I’m not entirely sure if some of them are available for GS5-7. Dulles was not offered.

Blaine
      Danville
      Frontier
      Point Roberts
      Sumas

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea they had different locations offered to me when they gave me the call a few weeks ago. The GS7 position had the city I was wanting so I took it and declined the GS9. It all works out in the end, and congrats on getting the call kli0211

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. I am also going for Detroit. Where did you choose? Bridge, Tunnel or Airport??

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12656 users online. 494 members and 12162 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X