Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-1 Reg Hire

So it's a good day.

I'm at 38% and received Lasik back in July. My medical still hasn't cleared. However, today was my eye appointment to have the doctor check my eyes and fill out some forms for DHS.

My vision is 20/15 and my eyes are healthy.

I sent the forms in and am waiting for my medical to clear. Then, the wait for the Polygraph.

Now the question I have is will they start my wait time from the date I cleared medical or the date from my Structured Interview?

I've read mixed responses.

I'm going to keep posting my timeline and will let everyone know but I really hope they choose the latter and consider that my SI was 11 months ago.

In the meantime, the wait continues.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people said waiting time start after your si some said different so not really sure. Tomorrow will be mine 1 year mark after si... if monday or next week i still not receive their call for appt so that mean they start the wait after we hit 50% lol

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman - I'm rooting for you! Get that appointment and lead the way!

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopfully i can lead lol

• I just received an email and voicemail stating that they're going to send me a fingerprint kit. Is this standard procedure? They already took my prints at my structured interview. This seems pretty redundant and a bit annoying honestly. I am glad though that my application is moving forward..

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      sometimes fingerprints taken at SI can get "corrupted" or whatever so they send you a manual packet. just go to your local police department, have them do your prints and mail it back overnight so you dont lose anymore time. it happens, it happened to me .

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks raudy06 I am my local police department haha I will take care of it when I recieve the package. Thanks for the insight.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      and make sure you put everything on their list on the print cards. I'd have your dept do a test print with their own cards first to make sure it's perfect. Because they will send you 2 cards and they want them both returned with al the information on them they want.

• Hey guys 17-10 (location negotiable) here posting again. I got an update today saying my background was cleared and I was found suitable. After almost 2 years. From the beginning having issues with Eqip, not signing up for selective service having to jump a hurdle there with a letter from the government, taking the Polygraph not 1, not 2 times but 3 times and waiting 5 months for the background to clear. Theres finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Just drug test and finally the call. For all those out there keep going your time will come. Hoping to get Philadelphia.

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 what was PT like? I’ve heard mixed things - some day it’s a complete joke (perhaps they are gym rats) and some say it was pure cardio based with mat room stuff mixed in?

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 what were they sent home for? Was it like they just couldn't do it?. Im not the best at Cardio i can knock out 30 pushups easy in 1 minute my running is om for now, but im working on that part of it right now before i get there. Anything else we need to watch out for? I know how you feel about going from giving orders to tsking orders. Ive besn giving orders as a supervisor for 15 years so its going to be a change. But ill adjust.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I carry o.c. spray at work.. I've been sprayed several times. It's not fun.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pt is not hard just make sure you're not completely out of shape when you show up..make sure you can run without stopping before you get to the academy so you can work on speed...re cycle means get washed out and they send you again when you heal...you have 3 chances to pass the final fgs..if you cannot pass you are terminated..some people are able to come back but it's rare now...they aren't recycling people like they used too

• Finally got a call for my poly after months of waiting

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to getting the call for the poly. What announcement are you in?

• Cxp1137
      Cxp1137 commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 J f k

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for sharing hopefully I get the call or email soon.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s great to hear! I’m 19-6 JFK I only completed 4/6 months of the appx time frame. What does your timeline look like? Cxp1137

• Hey guys how long is the CBPO academy?

Comment

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      The website says 89 days.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      well my academy dates are from December 4 to April 14.

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      89 working day (ie Monday through Friday). It's about 5 months total.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Add in 30 more training days for Spanish if it's relevant to your port assignment.

• Hey folks,

Any CBPO working at sky harbor airport Phoenix? Wanted to know about hours, OT, career progression and living conditions in Phoenix for a married guy.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Been at 50% since June 2018! Almost hitting that 1.5 years waiting for a poly....

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        good God, thats crazy man, it shouldn't take that long... [email protected] try to email this address to see if they can help, sometime I wonder some of people's files got lost during process or something man.....

• Do they pepper spray u in this academy? And do you get your duty weapon/credentials at graduation or is it given to you at your port?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        @tsfrost do CBPO’s carry tasers? Never saw one on their duty belt.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not every CBPO carries a Taser. A significant minority does.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 thanks. Do you know if they plan on implementing tasers for every officer?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt that. There are nearly 24,000 CBPOs. Issuing Tasers to everyone would involve significant expense and likely wouldn't match up to even the most generous costs/benefits analyses.

• Good Morning,

For the people who are EOD'ing soon, have you received your pre academy packets yet?

Comment

• Achyuta
        Achyuta commented
        Editing a comment
        I EOD Nov 25th and I have not received anything besides that generic e-mail a few days ago.

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        morning! I EOD on November 5th, i received my packet via email on Oct 18th

• Damn that sucks i do not wanna get sprayed lmao
      Last edited by jjsince97; 10-19-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel ya jjsince97 ... I became an instructor in the Navy so i could stop getting sprayed. Lol

• What does the firearm training for CBP officer entail? How different is it from the firearm training for CBPA?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure a listing of comprehensive firearms training has been released as public information. The Use of Force Policy has been released and the various CBP firearm qualifications are available with a Google search.

• Quick question to anyone that can answer. I just noticed my medical exam just expired and I should be called for the drug test very soon. I know i have to redo my exam i just wanted to know do i have to go and do the whole physical again or is it just a form or something i have ti fill out saying nothings changed??

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Comment

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to re verify my medical too, they just send you some paperwork asking different medical questions just to know if you’ve gotten any medical procedures done or if anything has changed with your health. It took all of 5 minutes for me to fill out and then you just email it back to them. They cleared me the day after I sent the paperwork back.

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        kli0211 thanks for the update

• First time post and have not applied for this position yet. However I have recently received my final offer for the Border Patrol. Upon reviewing the pay and overtime opportunities for this position vs what the Border Patrol offers I am considering applying. Does anyone know if any of my Border Patrol process will transfer and speed up the hiring process with this position? Or will they basically have to start over?

Comment

• Mr. T7
        Mr. T7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sink123. I applied for both and the things that transfer are the e-QIP, Medical exam and Poly. You would have to do the entrance exam, which CBPO entrance exam consists of 3 portions (Logic, Arithmetic, and writing), the fitness test which is easier than BPA, and do Structured Interview with CBPO. I'm currently in the BI phase, so I'm not sure yet if that phase would be for both. Hope this helps

• stanford.west
        stanford.west commented
        Editing a comment
        Sink123 Correct your typos man.

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        BI and drug from my BPA application carried over to my CBPO as well.
        Last edited by Scrabulous; 10-21-2019, 06:44 AM.

• Does anyone work for CBP in Chicago or in the process for the Chicago location or in the academy for the Chicago location, I have a few questions.

I wanted to know what is the schedule like for the Chicago location, how many are they looking to hire, how long have you been in the process for it?

I applied back in June of 2018 and it’s been over a year. I’m on the direct hire list, passed the interview, physical and my eye sight was an issue with the medical review unit. I did a medical waiver and it was forwarded to the board. My background check was forwarded to OPR and it will be a year in December with that process. I’m at 38% with the process.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        With direct hire you can only go to southern ports.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12747 users online. 421 members and 12326 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X