Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-11- Met with BI back in mid July and told me he submitted everything for approval shortly after meeting with me. Been waiting to hear something, and was contacted by him today. He said my background got kicked back from CBP needing some additional info that was actually already answered by him. He said they(CBP) are getting so caught up on the smallest of things, he didn't understand why it was kicked back. ( It was date verification from when I attended a community college, that was verified by me today fhe second time.) said he would submit everything back over to them asap today. Not gunna lie, I am bummed that its still in the hands of my BI now... but... I'll take anything I can get and at least this means my file/application is/was on someone's que being worked on. Lol...

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eann86 be patient as you have been it will all work out

• Eann86
      Eann86 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 Thank you.

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      The same exact thing happened to me too repeating everything I told him the 1st time. I thought I was tripping

• @19-2 applicants for JFK port just curious if anyone has received a phone call or email in regards to having their polygraph exam scheduled.

Comment

• Royalty9290
      Royalty9290 commented
      Editing a comment
      no 6 month wait

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Royalty9290 The guy at the SI said closer to 6 months but the people here are saying closer to a year. It kind of sucks for them they might miss out on some good people. I have been getting a few good job offers, the summer Fridays off, close to 30 days off. By the time this comes around which is 9 more months for poly, background 4 to 8 months, might not even want it. Dont get me wrong I want the job and it seems exciting, just cant put my life on hold for two years.

• Royalty9290 thanks for the update I hope everyone gets scheduled this month it has been a long wait.

Comment

• I'm 19-3 VRA currently sitting at 75%, drug test and final offer are next, still waiting.

Comment

• Any 18-12 out there who are still keeping hope alive. Lol

Comment

• Turffs18
          Turffs18 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-12 here. EOD Decmeber 20th with a provisional

• MissAmitious
          MissAmitious commented
          Editing a comment
          18-12 here still waiting. BI submitted in May. Just waiting on BI to clear and DT. How about you ILNDmachine24/7 ?

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          How about 18-2 lol

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          My original application is 18-12 waiting on background to clear but currently under 19-6 when I reapplied

• BowMan2006 im unaware on how to comment to my post lol. Yeah you and me both man, I applied VRA assuming it’d be quick. My friend applied in May and had his poly a week ago....he passed and was told he’ll be scheduled for the June 2020 academy.....I moved my family back home up north, hoping it wouldn’t be more than a year. But it’s appearing to be much longer. Like being in deployment all over again.
        TsFost what is OFO?
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• Turffs18
          Turffs18 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 I would say that was assumed becuase they aren't even up to scheduling June academies yet. They are currently in March

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          OFO=office of field operations or same thing like CBPO.... 813Deputy2b

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          OFO is the latest moniker to describe what was originally just lumped under the broad banner of CBP.

• 813Deputy2b
          813Deputy2b commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 yeah, I should’ve re worded, not necessarily and EOD date, but was
          Told he would likely be in a June academy

• 813Deputy2b At the bottom of your post there are three "..." if you click that and then click comment. It will let you comment on your post.

Comment

• 19-1 Reg Hire

Still here. Still pushing forward.

It's been exactly 90 days since I had my Lasik done. For those who are unaware, if you get Lasik you have to wait 90 days to allow your eyes to heal before contacting the medical team.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the treating physician for an updated eye exam and complete some medical docs DHS requested.

Hopefully my medical will clear quickly and I can finally move onto the polygraph.

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          Great!, mine took couple days to get clear after i turned in the paper work about lasik. i hope you will get clear soon too.

• 2ndGenFed
          2ndGenFed commented
          Editing a comment
          @standtheman

Thanks! I can't believe I'm still at 38%. I've been watching your progress as well so I'm glad to hear it only takes a couple of days to clear.

I'll post tomorrow once everything is submitted.

Any word on your poly yet?
          Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 10-17-2019, 01:57 PM.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          2ndGenFed. no poly yet lol. this oct 19th will be 1 year mark since my SI lol. yeah, after i submitted, it only take couple days not even a week. they won`t send any email that your medical is clear. just continue check on your cass lol.

• Good day all. I'm currently In the process for CBPO VRA GS9 20-1 and as of yesterday, 16 Oct 19, I passed all steps for the BPA VRA GL9 19-11.

Yesterday, 16 Oct 19, I took and passed my BPA PFT-1. Right after the exam, I received a call and e-mail to schedule the CBPO PFT-1. Will the results for the BPA PFT-1 carry over to the CPBO PFT-1? My bad if this question has been asked previously. Thank you.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          PFT-1 for BPA and CBPO are different, won't carry over, CBPO PFT-1 is easier, same requirements you gotta do, just less counts. Scrabulous

• Scrabulous
          Scrabulous commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man. I believe it should carry over. Oh well. Thank you for the clarification.

• itwasjustifi3d
          itwasjustifi3d commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey congrats! I am 20-1 for CBPO as well! Just finished the onboarding stuff. Waiting for tasks for the medical and fitness test to open! Which port you looking at?

• Scrabulous
          Scrabulous commented
          Editing a comment
          I do not know. I’m looking at Douglas and Nogales, AZ, for the extra incentive pay.

• So all things work out in the end. OFO contacted me today and offered gs7, and 9 positions. I took a gs7 paygrade to get the city i wanted right off the bat. My EoD is now March 16th. I turned down the offer with BP for an EoD of Dec 14th.

For everyone in the process just keep at it. Everything happens for a reason.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats brother. now to the last and better wait time, your EOD/academy !!

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 that's the best wait lol. I really hope to get called for earlier class dates, but I'm happy until then. I currently work for TSA so my time in will shift over at least. They had me email CBP my HR's information so they can get the paperwork started for the transfer so my time in doesn't lapse when I do go.

• 813Deputy2b
          813Deputy2b commented
          Editing a comment
          Dope man! Congrats!

• Did my drug test today. Haven't been contacted for BI yet! Does this mean provisional clearence has been granted? Poly was passed 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely yes. That's how mine worked out. I didn't hear from the BI until a week after i got my first offer.

• Starting Memphis 2-03-20...any others?

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          klocklear86 What made you decide on Memphis if i can ask?

• 813Deputy2b
          813Deputy2b commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell yah! Congrats!

• klocklear86
          klocklear86 commented
          Editing a comment
          @TsFost...I'm a southern boy from North Carolina. This is the only place I could get near home.

• Got the call today. EOD Aug 28 2020. I'm still in the military and I get out on Aug 11th 2020 then roll right into EOD.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. That's great to hear you won't have to deal with any time lapses between.

• MattCBP
          MattCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          What Annoucnement are you ? What port did you pick

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          TsFost Thank you. It will be a good transition.

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP So I picked Phoenix Airport because I'm VRA. They put in a request and if that gets denied then I can pick some place else. I just have to have my port picked before EOD. I plan on staying in AZ. My wife is a nurse here and makes a lot more then I ever will so I cant take her away from the area. I'm 19-10

• We are all working towards a career as CBP Officers where research will be conducted daily. With that being said I noticed that a lot of questions asked on the forum and in general can be easily answered with a few clicks of the mouse without waiting for a reply. No offense to anyone.

Comment

• Has anyone else received an email from Cbp jobs like? Seems random and out of nowhere.

Dear ,

CBP is excited for your interest in a Customs and Border Protection Officer career. CBP is looking for individuals dedicated and committed to help us carry out our mission. We thank you for your interest and are sure you will find your future career with CBP rewarding.

In order to ensure we are providing you with the assistance and support you need during the application process, we have CBP customer service staff available to answer any questions you may have about your application process or about your future career with CBP. You may reach CBP by email [email protected] or contact CBP by phone at (855) 500-3722.

Please note we are currently upgrading our communication technology and if you choose to contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by phone you may receive a delay in response. But be assured if you leave a message we will return your call in the order in which it was received.

For applicants who have received a tentative offer of employment, you may wish to download the CBP Jobs Mobile app. The mobile app allows applicants to check the application status and application requirements. The CBPJobs mobile app is available for iPhone and Android devices. Computer users may also access CBP Jobs here.

Thank you,
          CBP Applicant Contact Center Team
          Phone: (855) 500-3722
          Email: [email protected]

Comment

• Gooby77
            Gooby77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received it randomly today too, was hoping it would be my Nopa results, but nope. Oh well

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. I'm waiting to be contacted about a NOPA as well.

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah its a generic email they are trying to make improvements for candidates to be able to contact someone to get updates

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah good luck on still getting them to respnd.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6087 users online. 252 members and 5835 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X