Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been at 50% since June 2018! Almost hitting that 1.5 years waiting for a poly....

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      good God, thats crazy man, it shouldn't take that long... [email protected] try to email this address to see if they can help, sometime I wonder some of people's files got lost during process or something man.....

• Do they pepper spray u in this academy? And do you get your duty weapon/credentials at graduation or is it given to you at your port?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      @tsfrost do CBPO’s carry tasers? Never saw one on their duty belt.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not every CBPO carries a Taser. A significant minority does.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 thanks. Do you know if they plan on implementing tasers for every officer?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt that. There are nearly 24,000 CBPOs. Issuing Tasers to everyone would involve significant expense and likely wouldn't match up to even the most generous costs/benefits analyses.

• Good Morning,

For the people who are EOD'ing soon, have you received your pre academy packets yet?

Comment

• Achyuta
      Achyuta commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD Nov 25th and I have not received anything besides that generic e-mail a few days ago.

• FutureCBPO95
      FutureCBPO95 commented
      Editing a comment
      morning! I EOD on November 5th, i received my packet via email on Oct 18th

• Damn that sucks i do not wanna get sprayed lmao
    Last edited by jjsince97; 10-19-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel ya jjsince97 ... I became an instructor in the Navy so i could stop getting sprayed. Lol

• What does the firearm training for CBP officer entail? How different is it from the firearm training for CBPA?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure a listing of comprehensive firearms training has been released as public information. The Use of Force Policy has been released and the various CBP firearm qualifications are available with a Google search.

• Quick question to anyone that can answer. I just noticed my medical exam just expired and I should be called for the drug test very soon. I know i have to redo my exam i just wanted to know do i have to go and do the whole physical again or is it just a form or something i have ti fill out saying nothings changed??

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Comment

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to re verify my medical too, they just send you some paperwork asking different medical questions just to know if you’ve gotten any medical procedures done or if anything has changed with your health. It took all of 5 minutes for me to fill out and then you just email it back to them. They cleared me the day after I sent the paperwork back.

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      kli0211 thanks for the update

• First time post and have not applied for this position yet. However I have recently received my final offer for the Border Patrol. Upon reviewing the pay and overtime opportunities for this position vs what the Border Patrol offers I am considering applying. Does anyone know if any of my Border Patrol process will transfer and speed up the hiring process with this position? Or will they basically have to start over?

Comment

• Mr. T7
      Mr. T7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sink123. I applied for both and the things that transfer are the e-QIP, Medical exam and Poly. You would have to do the entrance exam, which CBPO entrance exam consists of 3 portions (Logic, Arithmetic, and writing), the fitness test which is easier than BPA, and do Structured Interview with CBPO. I'm currently in the BI phase, so I'm not sure yet if that phase would be for both. Hope this helps

• stanford.west
      stanford.west commented
      Editing a comment
      Sink123 Correct your typos man.

• Scrabulous
      Scrabulous commented
      Editing a comment
      BI and drug from my BPA application carried over to my CBPO as well.
      Last edited by Scrabulous; 10-21-2019, 05:44 AM.

• Does anyone work for CBP in Chicago or in the process for the Chicago location or in the academy for the Chicago location, I have a few questions.

I wanted to know what is the schedule like for the Chicago location, how many are they looking to hire, how long have you been in the process for it?

I applied back in June of 2018 and it’s been over a year. I’m on the direct hire list, passed the interview, physical and my eye sight was an issue with the medical review unit. I did a medical waiver and it was forwarded to the board. My background check was forwarded to OPR and it will be a year in December with that process. I’m at 38% with the process.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      With direct hire you can only go to southern ports.

Comment

• "CBP Hiring Notice - Communication Update

CBP is excited for your interest in a Customs and Border Protection Officer career. CBP is looking for individuals dedicated and committed to help us carry out our mission. We thank you for your interest and are sure you will find your future career with CBP rewarding.

In order to ensure we are providing you with the assistance and support you need during the application process, we have CBP customer service staff available to answer any questions you may have about your application process or about your future career with CBP. You may reach CBP by email [email protected] or contact CBP by phone at (855) 500-3722.

Please note we are currently upgrading our communication technology and if you choose to contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by phone you may receive a delay in response. But be assured if you leave a message we will return your call in the order in which it was received."

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got that last week, I thought it was the email for my poly lol. Needless to say huge let down.

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, seems that CBP began sending that communication out last week. I'm 18-6 and got that email last week.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 19-8, 50% complete and I as well thought this was my polygraph notification LOL
        Its certainly a step in the right direction, this process needs an overhaul at some point to speed things up.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        PA_Ed Glad I was not the only one who thought it was the Poly email. I agree it definitely is a step in the right direction especially if you don't know about this forum there are so many questions to the process. I just wish they would hire more polygraph examiners on a temp basis and get the wait back down to 5 to 6 months.

• 19-1 Reg Hire

YES!!!

My medical cleared and I'm finally at 50% completed.

It's a small step further but for me it's a big one. I had lasik done back in July and have been waiting to get the green check on my tracker.

I'm going to give it a week and then be proactive and start emailing about the Polygraph.

My SI was 11/2018 so hopefully that will help expedite the wait but of course the poly wait time is a mystery for everyone.

50 percent .jpg
      Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 10-21-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice... and guess what , i am still waiting for my poly and it been 1 year since si already...

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        2ndGenFed thats how I felt once my additional med paperwork cleared.

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        standtheman - Yeah, you're one month ahead of me. That's crazy. My 1 year will be next month but it looks like that's the norm around here so I'm rooting for you because hopefully that means I'll follow shortly.

• Si had been one year already... and iam still waiting for poly
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, that's the 1 year mark alright. Well then, based on other applicants your wait time for the poly will be somewhere between 1 week to 1.5 years. Make sure to check your email.

• TESLA3
        TESLA3 commented
        Editing a comment
        same here, still waiting for Poly since Sep 2018. good luck to everyone.

• So i was originally 18-6, then i saw the miami announcement for 19-2.. all my stuff transferred and my application for 18-6 no longer shows up in my cass.. i am currently at 50% waiting the poly.. now i have to wait around the same time as 19-2's poly exams to start being scheduled to have mine scheduled as well right?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Case manager info can be found on your CASS, log in, there is an alert bell on the right, click on it, should have emails communication between your case manager and you, your case manager email should be something like this cbphiringbibox"NUMBER"@cbp.dhs.gov Bam2323

• Bam2323
        Bam2323 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP when i click the alert bell, it just states there are no alerts... my CASS progress still shows at 50% though pending poly.. I am going to check my emails next

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Bam2323 check your email, case manager should be the one communicated with you regarding submitting your Eqip. Their personal email should be the format I sent you...

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bam2323 your case manager info is at the very bottom of the emails. Good back to the first few emails after you applied.

• I already have my EOD but I was just emailed and told that I was sent a fingerprint card because my prints that was taken at the SI cannot be used !!! What does this mean? Can someone tell me?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        sometimes fingerprints taken at SI can get "corrupted" or whatever so they send you a manual packet. just go to your local police department, have them do your prints and mail it back overnight so you dont lose anymore time. it happens, it happened to me , not this late in the process but it did.

• Had my sit down with my BI today. He was thorough, and made it very easy to get through any questions that management had from my eqip. I'm looking forward to seeing that final blue circle go green at some point in the coming months.

Comment

• Mr. T7
        Mr. T7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear your process is moving along. I'm in the BI phase as well. How long, from the poly up until now, did you wait?

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Even though I got an EOD I still want to see that background **** turn green, I go in everyday on CASS. I cant wait. Good Luck to all of you. Who out there will be heading to JFK in February?

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. T7 I took and passed the poly on 10/1/19 then took the DT on 10/9/19. Accepted my final offer last week and got called by my BI as well. So just over 2 weeks to hear from the investigator initially. Wonder how long it'll take to fully clear after he turns in all of his paper work. He said he would call if they needed any more clarifications.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin1234 EOD 1/28 for JFK here

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3518 users online. 223 members and 3295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X