Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between police officer and peace officer in the state of NY? In NY are CBP Officers given police officer or peace officer status?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPOs are peace officers under NYS law. Not that it holds much meaning to average CBP Officer in NYS. Very few CBPOs enforce any state law, anywhere.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 thanks man your info is always accurate. Do you know is the same applies for other federal agencies ? ICE DEA FBI ATF etc?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's article 2 of the NYS CPL that assigns peace officer status to federal Leo's. It's fairly comprehensive so I imagine most federal agencies are blanketed by the NYS statues.

Are far as feds enforcing state laws, it'll depend on circumstances and the agency willingness to do so. As a rule of thumb, most federal agencies leave state and local law enforcement up to state and local law enforcement agencies to enforce.

• Silva23 how long was your process? I’m hoping Buffalo is still available when i get through my process, any idea if it’s hard to
    get in Buffalo? Was that your preferred location? Did they offer you other locations?

Any input would be great!

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Buffalo is a very large port. Large ports are seldom, if ever, "full". Now, as with many other things, hiring trends are influenced by many different shifting factors and circumstances...

• Silva23
      Silva23 commented
      Editing a comment
      The process for me was about 18 months and they offer me other ports and it was not hard and not it was not my preferred location

• I may of missed a deadline. I had till the 12th to fix an issue on my e-Qip and I was out of town. I got home on the 12th and I tried to log in e-Qip and I could not. So I e-mailed the person who is assigned my file to let him know I would miss the deadline and to let him know I could not log in. I have still not heard back from him. Oh well.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Issa holiday

• Silva23 What other ports were offered if you don’t mind sharing

Comment

• Hey guys, I just received a email stating this:

We are contacting you regarding the required background investigation for the Customs And Border Protection Officer position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

A representative from the Credibility Assessment Division (CAD) will contact you once an examiner is available to set an examination date.“

Has anyone else received this? I sent them a email last week & got a generated response. I’m curious as to if this is a response to my email or them emailing me now basically letting me know that my process is finally moving forward....?
      Last edited by ChampagnePapi; 10-15-2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• ChampagnePapi
        ChampagnePapi commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP ... I sure do hope so. Been waiting for months.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ChampagnePapi then mostly likely that’s what it is then. Keep checking your email and your phone for the next couple of weeks. I got contacted through email and text. Keep us posted.

• ChampagnePapi
        ChampagnePapi commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely have to make sure I answer every unknown # now. But thanks @David984. Definitely will keep you all posted.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ChampagnePapi no problem... I know what you mean lol. I have been answering every unknown number right now as I’m in the background phase just incase.

• Delete.....

Comment

• Hey, how's 19-2 doing? any updates...

Comment

• SPX
          SPX commented
          Editing a comment
          19-2 here still waiting to be scheduled a polygraph...

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bam2323 I have no idea, but I considered that I was very lucky with that.

• Bam2323
          Bam2323 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX same here..

• MattyjayG
          MattyjayG commented
          Editing a comment
          19-2 Miami Background 70 days in from meeting her.

• Drug test all complete today.....

Comment

• MattCBP
          MattCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Was it just a simple Urine sample ? SpinyNorman83

• SpinyNorman83
          SpinyNorman83 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP,

Yes, only urine sample. Didn't take long to be in and out.

• 18-3 (JFK)

finally received the call today. EOD in February and academy in March!!

Comment

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. EOD for LAX
          Last edited by antoniojeff808; 10-17-2019, 03:00 PM.

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats, 18-3 here and EOD 1/28 for JFK

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats can’t wait to apply myself

• Still waiting on my nopa? My case manager sent an inquiry on my behalf. MHC told me I would here with in 2 days to two weeks. It's been seven weeks. So I emailed them and an inquiry has been requested on update. We will see what comes out of it. Hopefully I can get a general Idea of what is going on. I know it said this.

ISMS:
        Pending Subject Letter Issuance

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          A little confusing on the ISMS message. Can anyone clarify for me?

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          you are waiting to be issued a NOPA or your NOPA results?

• Took my drug test last Tuesday, received an email today that I needed to update my medical status. Had my medical back in January of 2018. Had to fill out a few sheets and send it back in. Does anyone actually get hired with the agency or do you just keep redoing everything in the hiring process until you die. Haha just kidding. One month shy of two years over here!

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          you call is incoming, you should be clear from medical very soon again.

• What's up with all these drugs and calls... Damn guys, wait for me.... Lol. Jk. Congrats to all that got the calls and drugs recently. I'm 18 8, 17 months in, hopefully just few more to go please....

Comment

• SpinyNorman83
          SpinyNorman83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am behind you at 18-6 and only completed my drug test today. Hopefully the dashboard will update by the end of the week and not too long afterwards, the background investigation is complete. How far in the process are you?

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          SpinyNorman83 how long did it take for your background to clear?

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 SpinyNorman83 posted his hiring timeline yesterday.

• SpinyNorman83
          SpinyNorman83 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984, technically my dashboard says my background investigation is the last step. It consist of preliminary vetting checks, the polygraph examination, the investigation (the field portion and OPMs National Agency Checks) and the final adjudication. The drug test was completed on Tuesday, and polygraph at the beginning of the month. I would assume my background investigation will not take long because of the current security clearance I possess. Now its just a sit and wait until my dashboard is updated with the drug test. I currently stand at 63% completion.

• 20 years old here, so you need 3 years of continuous experience? Damn. I might have to wait until I’m 9 months away of getting my bachelors to apply. Now I need to stay very focus in school in order to apply. I’m going after JFK hopefully I get the call time to put work in

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m the same age as you bro. I qualified for gs-5 I’ve been working in customer service which qualifies for the work experience. I’ve been doing that for 2 years along with having 90/120 credits from JJC of CRJ. I applied when I had my associates and a year and half at my job. 19-6 50% JFK awaiting poly. Bidstar
          Last edited by Mike_lowrey; 10-16-2019, 10:39 AM.

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bidstar Apply at the lowest level and keep going toward finishing school. I applied for GS 7 when I had a few months of school left they allow a certain amount of months. Just apply get the process started and the worst case situation you get offered the job and have to reapply at a higher grade.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          BowMan2006 thanks for the suggestion I might do that if it lets me

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck Mike_lowrey !

• 7 months into the process, just hanging out at 38%. Waiting for medical to clear, waiting to be scheduled for poly and medical....man!
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          813Deputy2b I am always confused by the huge gap time wise on medical clearing mine was 2 days while others it was over 5 months. I hope it clears soon so you can get on the waiting list for poly.
          Last edited by BowMan2006; 10-16-2019, 11:41 AM. Reason: Typo

• flo92
          flo92 commented
          Editing a comment
          BowMan2006 - We are in the same boat here! Applied 7 months ago and I'm still at 38% waiting for my medical to be cleared after 2 follow-ups... I guess we just have to hang in there! I just hope that we are not losing our place in line for the Poly....

• Missed my call from OFO today at 10am due to being at work. They left a message to call them and leave a message letting them know when I could talk. Got an email saying I've passed all the things, and had till the 18th to accept their offer. Hoping they call me back tonight or tomorrow at latest since it's the 16th. BP called me yesterday again to say that when OFO gives their offer I'll have 24 hours to make the choice between the two. Most likely going OFO. Anyone know when they shut down for the night on average. Just curious what's the latest I might get called today.

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably 4:30 or 5 CST. Typical government day. They aren't going to be calling folks in the evening I doubt. Admittedly, I went out of my way to ensure I would be available for the call - I was in Korea, TDY on military orders - so I paid for an international plan and switched my shift so that i'd be in bed during the workday back in the US, lol.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Welp maybe they'll call back. If not I'll just accept the BPA job for the Dec EOD. Thank ya

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9656 users online. 317 members and 9339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X