300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-3 Newark ( originally JFK)

My EOD is slowly approaching ( 11/18/19) when should I expect an official packet/letter with instructions for that?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw previous posts, people said they got the letter/package 2 weeks before EOD raudy06

• double post...

Comment

• So my update is my background investigator called and said he would be flying up next week. All well and good so I can finish that up.

As for the job offer I got yesterday morning with border patrol I called them back and left them my duty location choice. I was in called back this morning by them asking if I would still like to receive an offer from customs. I said of course I would but they never got a hold of me within the 24 hous. HR said they were going to put my border patrol job offer on hold until Customs made theirs. I tried emailing customs with only a generic auto reply in return. Really wish they would call so i could give this a final answer. I don't want to miss the BP job if OFO isn't going to make an offer.

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Your Background Investigator wasn't from Nashville ? TsFost I live in Clarksville and my investigator was from Nashville, met with him a couple weeks ago for the first time

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Mines from San Antonio.

• Anyone that’s been hired and finished fletc....what’s your experience been like during field training ? What kind of stuff they have you doing? When do you get your gun? Credentials?
      what’s your shift like? Schedule like? Been working a lot of ot? What to have an idea of what’s to come

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your credentials come at graduation. The gun first shows at the academy during firearms training...but you really don't take possession of it until graduation. Most post-academy training falls somewhere around an 0800-1600 schedule, probably Mon -Fri...at least to start. The actual specifics will depend on the whims of your port. Overtime availability will be port-specific. Much of the particulars of post-academy training will be port specific as well.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike2686, if you have selected a POE.... or just for additional resources.... Head over to the Delphi Forums for CBPO. It's another resource to look at things and research. Way more than just one really long thread too.

It's mostly CBPOs in that forum. Port Swaps and other discussions happen there.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Talonderiel

Take much of the current fare at the CBPO forums at Delphi with many grains of salt. Many of those posting there aren't CBPOs...or have very limited and closeted experience within OFO. They bluster and pretend to be subject matter experts posting in every thread and tossing out any unsubstantiated opinion...but the reality is that many posters there are largely propagandists and Koolaid drinkers. Caveat Lector.

• Mike2686
        Mike2686 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much guys! I appreciate it. Just trying to get an idea of post fletc experiences.

• Missed the final offer of employment today. They giving me until to the 10/13/19 to reply but when I called it was to late and nobody picked the phone, the office is only open Monday through Friday. No Idea on what to do now. Also started NYPD this week going have to resign without finishing their training which I wanted so bad before going to CBP.

Comment

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        assembly-jef what position at NYPD?

• assembly-jef
        assembly-jef commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin1234 probationary police officer

• Stay Frosty
        Stay Frosty commented
        Editing a comment
        Which job is better in the long run ?

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP will not accomodate any other training or academy other than that of MILITARY.
        Anyways congrats on the NYPD offer, I'm not sure which one pays you more in the end, but I'd assume NYPD may be higher in the long run with slightly better retirement. You'll also be doing more LE regarded duties than as a CBPO. Best of luck.

• Hey, wondering were most people are at.

Announcement number: 19-11
      Applied 8/6
      Entrance exam pass 8/20
      Tentative offer 8/26
      SI pass 9/18
      Eqip released to OPR 9/20
      Medical pass 9/20

Waiting on green check mark for PFT

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        kevoliver15. i have 19-11 dh and regular hire and 18-11, 19-3. waiting for poly since last year oct. 2018

• shades0132
        shades0132 commented
        Editing a comment
        Announcement 19-11
        Applied 8/31
        Tentative Offer 9/6
        PFT pass 9/24
        SI pass 10/3
        EQIP released 10/9

Waiting on green check mark for Medical
        Last edited by shades0132; 10-14-2019, 12:08 PM.

• Originally posted by kevoliver15 View Post
      Hey, wondering were most people are at.

Announcement number: 19-11
      Applied 8/6
      Entrance exam pass 8/20
      Tentative offer 8/26
      SI pass 9/18
      Eqip released to OPR 9/20
      Medical pass 9/20

Waiting on green check mark for PFT
      Same boat as you Pt is checked out tho

Comment

• Is anyone here familiar with the San Luis port? I'm looking for info about the best places to live (for pre-acad and afterwards), Pre-Acad training, schedules, OT, advancements, etc.

Comment

• Are you required to meet with your BI? Is it possible that they do the background check without meeting you? I'm just curious because I took my poly a month ago and I haven't been contacted at all other than to re-certify my eqip. I just hope that this wait is actually being utilized and not just a waste of time.

Comment

• Mr. T7
            Mr. T7 commented
            Editing a comment
            My process is very similar to yours. I passed my poly Sep. 5 and got a green on CASS Sep. 6. Had to get my finger print cards done and sent of 2 weeks ago. And last week I re-certified my e-QIP. That's where I'm at. Do they pull your credit report? I've been keeping on eye on mine for any Inquiries, nothing yet.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            My BI is flying up on the 20th to start his local checks with neighbors, and the sit down with me. Really can't wait to finish up with it. Got my call from BP a couple days ago. Really hoping OFO calls me Monday lol.

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. T7 yes they do pull your credit. I had mine pulled a month after applying and then again a few days before taking my second poly. Thanks to Dodge_Guy19-4 www.annualcreditreport.com will give you that information. The regular monitoring services won’t show that info.
            Last edited by David1984; 10-12-2019, 08:29 PM.

• JimmyW777
            JimmyW777 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you don't get a provisional clearance right off the back, sit back and relax because your going to be waiting quite awhile.

• So I picked Buffalo NY and my EOD is Feb and the Academy in March. Any tips?

Comment

• If you Bi doesn’t want to give you any updates on your process who else can you ask? And how long does a Bi have to turn in their findings?

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              I could have sworn someone said about 40 something days to complete the findings but I might be wrong.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              My BI said he had a month to complete and submit field portion to his manager for reviews. MattyjayG you can contact the BI's supervisor but its may **** your BI off, and your background is depending on what he finds/writes, you know what I mean? The BI's central office is the one contacted your thru email to let you know your BI was starting and someone would be contacting you soon...

• MattyjayG
              MattyjayG commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP I definitely understand! I don’t need her to prolong this anymore.

• 31 weeks since I've passed the Structured Interview, I'm being optimistic and looking at it as if I'm more than halfway there.
            CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
            EQIP - Completed
            Medical Exam - Completed
            Structured Interview - Completed
            Fitness Test - Completed
            Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah man, just use 1 year wait timeline, corsair it would make you feel better little bit... I waited 50 weeks for my poly... and now i'm 1 month in for Background...lol

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              This oct 19th will be exactly 1 year. we are on the same boat lol
              Last edited by standtheman; 10-14-2019, 12:56 PM.

• Anyone EODing for JFK in November? I was originally supposed to EOD in February but I was injured before my EOD so they let me push it back until I was fully healed. I submitted all my paperwork to medical in In June/July to show I was fully healed and got the call again in August in case anyone was wondering.

Comment

• I am wondering what the process is like to transfer from one port to another? Granted they both have openings. Not on the SWB...

Comment

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                Usually, moderately difficult to impossible. There are different avenues to relocate depending on circumstances. Some are based on mostly seniority, some are based on largely cronyism and nepotism and some are based usually on luck.

• I am new to this forum and have been reading posts and comments over the past six months or so on the CBP/BPO process before deciding to join. I wanted to share my experience going through the process for those who are in the initial phase and for those who are somewhere in the process:

Job Announcement:
              CBPO DH GS9 18-6
              Applied: 05/2018
              Interview: 06/2018
              Fitness Test/Medical Exam: 06/2018? - Completed the initial medical exam and did the fitness test the same day and same location
              Medical: 07/2018 - 08/2019 (explain more in detail below)
              Polygraph: 10/03/2019
              Drug Test: 10/14/2019
              Background Review: TBD
              Final Offer Letter: TBD

A little about myself, I am a Army veteran (intelligence analyst), have a bachelors and masters degrees and I am currently working in the federal government. I have held a security clearance since my time in the Army and continue to keep it active in my current position within DHS/TSA (Department of Homeland Security/Transportation Security Administration). I applied to be a CPO to do something different other than intelligence work and have always strived to be in the criminal justice field. Although I have a masters degree and a security clearance, other federal agencies take as long to hire people to in order to hire the right candidates.

Anyway, the first 1/3 of the process (applying, interview, fitness/medical exam) went fairly quickly for me until I got to the in depth medical portion of the hiring process. For the veterans, what the job announcement does not tell you, is every disability you claimed in the military (disability rating), will need to be signed off by your doctor. Unfortunately, each disability has 5 pages your doctor will need to complete along with sending medical records on the disabilities. If the medical review panel finds something else in your medical records, for instance I sent medical paperwork on my thyroid and the medical people saw I had a cyst on my pancreas. So, the medial people wanted the doctor to sign off on another 5 pages just on a tiny pancreatic cyst. I probably emailed the medical people over 75 pages of information on my disabilities and each time I sent them more paperwork, the medical review personnel took approximately 2 months before they would email you back if they requested more medical paperwork. I had to take into consideration the amount of applicants that are applying, so I understand if medical takes longer than it should. The government shutdown last December also did not assist with getting further along in the process. Unless you a veteran with no disability rating, you may get through the process quicker than the rest of us who have received a disability rating from the Department of Veteran Affairs. It takes a minute to get an appointment with your VA doctor, so expect this part of the hiring process to be slow in the medical process if you are in the same boat as myself. I would suggest to those veterans who have not gotten to the medical portion, to have all your medical records ready.

I logged into the dashboard out of the blue (six weeks after last medical submission) to find out I was finally cleared by the medical officer. I never received any notification that I passed the medical portion and I was soon contacted about scheduling the polygraph through email. My current job does not allow me to have my cell phone with me while I am at my desk, so I am glad they had emailed. The building is sometimes hard to receive cell signal, but when I went to my polygraph exam, my polygrapher was very nice and explained the entire process. I found out the results before I left the building, which was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when I was told I passed.

Today I was contacted to complete the drug test and scheduled the appointment for tomorrow afternoon. The only step left I have will be the completion of the background investigation. Unfortunately, CBP will know of my clearance level which may put me in a different area then the job announcement I applied for. So, the waiting game begins after tomorrow to find out what the next step will be. Since most of security clearance background was completed about 15 months ago or so, or maybe less, there shouldn't be much than to update my SF 86 with a trip to Canada for the day.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have and I will try to check this forum often. Hopefully this helps those who are still in the process or who are in the initial phases of the hiring process. I will try to come back and update when the drug test and background investigation are complete.

Comment

• Kevin1234
                Kevin1234 commented
                Editing a comment
                You should get called in about a week for your EOD. I had my Polygraph Reciprocity approved, Drug Screening and Call for EOD all in one week. I think you'll be getting called soon, as well. Which duty Port you applied for? And which airport you working at with the TSA?

• SpinyNorman83
                SpinyNorman83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Kevin1234,

The majority of people believe all of TSA personnel work at the airport, which isn't necessarily the case. I work at an unmarked building south of the Baltimore Airport in Maryland, which consists of many different TSA departments. I just took the drug test this afternoon and they will send the sample to a some place in California overnight and should have the dashboard updated hopefully by the end of the week. I am leaving this Sunday for a friends wedding in Texas, so hopefully I will know something within the next week while I am not at my work desk. The announcement I applied for 20 months ago I picked places in Texas (my USA jobs no longer has the job announcement), but having a security clearance already, that could easily change and I can be placed into one of CBPs intelligence sections. I don't necessarily want to pack up my apartment not knowing where I will be heading to. I don't mind if my EOD is not until the spring, which will give me time to find a place, pack, move, and leave my current position within TSA.

• Vairon89
                Vairon89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you. Same boat here. I did my medical in october then in march 19 i got a big email with 75 pages i send all my medical record, for the items they told me. I did mental health screen as they ask. All my doctor sign off my paper only two diagnoses were sign off. So i called the nurse and she told me do a letter explaining those diagnoses and medical record. I expend almost $300 dolars with shipping a medium box of medical record copies as well the shipping box. My mental examination was $500 dolars. I send my VA record, and as well my MEB for the army they ask me for all this papers. I have clerance since 2014 but mine is not a Top secret i got secret. I had been in the process already 15 months. I send xR record, medical visit record. Ct scan record surgery records. I hope they let me continue in the process

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7740 users online. 415 members and 7325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X