Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-4 VRA and got the call 3 weeks ago. Just under 19 months for the entire process but well worth the wait. EOD 7 Feb 2020 and FLETC 24 Feb; Derby Line, Vermont

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wtf? 19 months for a VRA? So much for expedited path lol. This is literally why I started applying for other jobs. I'm VRA at 9 months in with a poly waiver and already fed up with waiting in the dark. It's fine while I wait on my separation date, but once I start transition leave, there is no way I'm going to wait that long for any job.
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 10-07-2019, 01:12 PM.

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is taking forever
      I did medical in 11/18
      I got a email in March requesting more info i send them the info in april and still waiting

I call today and i got this response that I believe is crazy answers

Your information is currently with one of our Medical Review Officers, with this process, additional waiting times may occur as the MRO has his/her own caseload that they work through. If additional information is requested, you will be contacted via email. Please continue to check your email and app for updates.

• The good news: I applied to 19-9 in June and was called to schedule my poly last week. I scheduled the exam for this morning. I felt guilty getting the poly call so soon when I’ve see so many candidates here waiting months going into a year with no call

the bad news: I failed. Examiner said I am a great candidate and would write quality control to request a retest but needed reasons why my answers were not “consistent” she said I’m a type A person and that we over analyze. Which is true. She wouldn’t give me specifics as to which questions I failed but the explanations I gave her she took down. To be clear I didn’t lie when asked the questions but situations popped into my mind when asked two question so I told her my explanation which again had no affect on my actual answer.

examiner said she would send in my results and her write up and I should hear back from quality control next week. I’m pretty down right now. I went into the exam calm. I knew I didn’t have anything to hide and felt calm during the entire process. I was shocked that she stopped me after 3 hours to say I failed. I have no criminal history never been involved in any type of crime. Never used any drugs ever. I’ve been a criminal justice major since my freshman year of college so I knew I couldn’t get mixed up in anything stupid. I Have a masters in CJ. Work in investigations and I still failed.

I just don’t know. How many people actually take the retest and pass?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots retake and pass. I've seen up to 5 retakes and get a pass on here. You got this. Just try to stay perfectly still and follow any directions to a T. You got this

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Weasley don't freak out until you get official communication from them. Yes, people passed on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th attempt...

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weasley It sounds like a funky system, there was a guy on here who failed three times. The third time he passed, his history good or bad didnt change prior to his first polygraph fail. Only thing that could of change was he was familiar with the process and was more calm. It may take you a few tries for your mind to relax more than others to the questions. If you dont pass it sucks but, its not a life time ban. If you did fail progress with life come back two years pass this sucker. Good luck, I hope they give you a retest. Lets us know the outcome.

• Got called for my drug test tomorrow afternoon. Haven't had my BI meet yet. Hopefully this means the BI is going well?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. Question does provisional only apply for bpa or both that and ofo? Also i applied 19-9 ofo and 19-10 bpa. If only bpa i wonder if i should just hold out and wait for a full complete so i have both options.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost I believe it will be for both. I wouldn’t see why it would be different same agencies. Maybe you can get a hold of your case manager.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Im still really undecided. Chose the same region for both bpa and ofo. Gl9 and gs9.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say that if a person is on the fence between the BP and OFO within the "same" location, BP is probably the better choice. Unless one wants to move elsewhere in the future. OFO has far greater mobility.

• Dodge_Guy19-4 if you were asking about my 19-9 application yeah this was my only application. I applied for CBP straight out of college back in 2009 but didn’t follow through after I refused to go to the SW border lol. That’s why I felt lucky and guilty that I got called so quickly.

I think getting the poly graph call comes down to where you currently live/where u elected to take the exam and the need of the preferred location a candidate selects.

anyways I appreciate all the encouraging comments. Hopefully quality control lets me retest.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i live in Nashville but said id drive to Cincinnati to test. Then they told me they had one in Nashville at my airport that i work TSA at over at the global entry office. So it worked out.

• For those who already got the final offer calls, which number would they call from? If you missed the phone call, will they email you or leave you a voice mail? I got a phone call this morning, only received a voice mail like "press 1 to connect to the office, press 2 to pass the offer and be removed". I don't know if that's the call or something related to them.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo, they left a message for me once (952-857-2900) is the number for the Hiring Center/TSU. That's the number they called me from all 3 times.

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo They called me from the same number as Talonderiel, but the email the sent me told me to call them at (952) 857-2917.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      CAL0231, do as they request. lol I'm sure they have multiple numbers: some accept inbound and some probably just outbound only. :P

Last edited by Lastchance2017; 10-08-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you mean si? Never heard of mandatory meetings.

• Hi Everyone! I applied back in 19/3 and after getting my SI, Fitness Exam approved and EQIP released pretty quickly I'm still struggling to get my medical approved even though I don't consider myself to be in bad shape! Did anybody had their medical approved after 2 follow-ups? For the first one they came back to me about 2 weeks after initial submission but it's already been 7 weeks since I sent the second one...

Also, does anyone know if you need your medical approved first before getting your poly schedule??

Comment

• flo92
      flo92 commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 I hope so to otherwise I will have to wait even longer to get my POLY scheduled! I guess at this point I just have to patiently wait and hope that my MRO doesn't have too may other peeps in front of me..

• AMMO2071
      AMMO2071 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm rolling up on 3 weeks since I submitted my 2nd round of additional medical. They evaluate case-by-case. Hard to tell what they would determine as unsuitable.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      AMMO2071 I had additional paperwork for a "hearing issue" the paperwork asked specific questions related to the job functions. If the doctor had answered No to anything, I think I would be out of the running. Just make sure you check the paperwork before submitting it. The questions are very general "can you hear whispers?" was one of the questions. Does that mean why a rock concert is going on or? in a library? My doctor had problems with the questions. Good luck.

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah is case by case i have to do a bunch of papers in my second medical review 76 pages i have Va claims

• Has anyone for NY/NJ ports receive an email or phone call in regards to having their polygraph exam scheduled. I am in 19-2 announcement. Any feedback is always appreciated. Congrats to all getting through this long process.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      At this point, poly timeline is every where, there is no pattern, if you are lucky, you get called, if not, a year plus wait is normal... so just be patient bro fonzi7979 I waited 50 weeks for my poly. I know your frustration... I've in this process 17 months and probably will have to wait another year to get background clear so... be patient, we are in this together man,....

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Chill out dude,I waited almost exactly 1 YEAR from my STRUCTURED INTERVIEW date. It’s probably not going to come any time soon for you. I waited all that time then failed so in the mean time just go apply to other jobs...

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I see how this system is crazy
      I apply 7/18 and still in the medical process. I mean waiting is not a problem because i hope the pass the waiver for poly for those with military bAckground with clerance as well those
      With previos law enforcement

• Mpiment3
      Mpiment3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im also 19-2 waiting on the Poly, passed the SI on 4/18/19.

• Received notice eqip released to OPR. Medical & fitness completed, SI scheduled for end of month. What happens now? Is my background actually starting?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly wait begins, background only starts after you passed poly... Buckle up and wait buddy...

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      whitjj72 The poly line wait starts once you pass your SI. Just as a heads up the process time wise is very deceiving you finish the first four steps SI,medical,eqip,fitness test in 1 to 2 months. This makes you think wow this process is super quick. Well.. the poly wait for the east coast is 1 year and the background investigation is anywhere from 1 month to a year. Good luck.

• 18-9
    Got the call on Monday! Derby Vermont. EOD Feb 25th, FLETC Mar 11th - Jul 15th. The whole process took roughly 15 months.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, way to go... You finished fast consider I'm 18 8 and background just submitted a month ago

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here 18-9, same dates as well. EOD for LAX. So far, BI is still in progress. Met my BI a month ago.

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah V_AntCBP I noticed I finished earlier than usual, just sit tight. antoniojeff808 assuming you had a provisional clear then?

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      CAL0231, i think so but I'm not sure when did i signed for that prov clearance. So my original application was supposed to be in Otay Mesa, until they offered me LAX, 19-10, for my other application. So i chose LAX.

• After taking my initial medical in March, the check mark turned green after additional info was given in June!

Comment

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      You lucky i still waiting since nov to be clear

• MoodSwing
      MoodSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      Vairon89 You may have to email them. I had to email them twice before I got the clearance on my medical (after submitting more requested paperwork).

• MoodSwing This is my second time
    first in july now today

Your information is currently with one of our Medical Review Officers, with this process, additional waiting times may occur as the MRO has his/her own caseload that they work through. If additional information is requested, you will be contacted via email. Please continue to check your email and app for updates.

Thank you for your interest in a career with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
    Last edited by Vairon89; 10-08-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Anyone from 18-12 here?

Comment

• MissAmitious
        MissAmitious commented
        Editing a comment
        Original 18-12 here. Met with BI late April 2019, background was submitted early May. I'm still waiting on it to clear. What about you guys? I'm hoping to see 75% maybe this month or the next.

• MissAmitious
        MissAmitious commented
        Editing a comment
        Turffs18 did you sign a provisional?

• Turffs18
        Turffs18 commented
        Editing a comment
        MissAmitious yes I did. 88% background still pending. Met investigator in August

• Redzz32
        Redzz32 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still waiting for my polygraph date. I haven't received a call from ever since I took the structured interview on Oct 11, 2018. While waiting I'll be taking my local police department test in November.

• So I met with an investigator for my security clearance last week and she spoke to my references today. However my Background still shows in progress. Is this a good thing? I have heard of people meeting with the background investigator which I already did but not one for security clearance.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Field portion of investigation is being done. After he gathers everything, he then will submit his findings to his supervisor for reviews and his supervisor will submit to OPM for adjudication... Your background will show in progress for months. It's normal...

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        A normal CBPO doesn't get a clearance (secret, top secret etc) right off the bat, not sure what exactly you're referring too?

• ES90 "A normal CBPO doesn't get a clearance (secret, top secret etc) right off the bat, not sure what exactly you're referring too?"
      just wonder what kind of clearance do CBPOs get? Because background is so long and intense, I thought CBPO would get some kind of clearance? Thanks

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        nope. They have to go through a top secret clearance to get the job, but don't receive any clearance

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your clearance is "public trust", not a true security clearance but allows you access to law enforcement sensitive information. The background is designed to make sure CBP isn't hiring cartel members, terrorists etc.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        What agencies require a clearance?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9747 users online. 317 members and 9430 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X