Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied to the VRE GS-9 announcement. I have my structured interview on the 8th then my medical and fitness exam on the 9th and 11th. Equip is already submitted. I've read that the veterans announcement is expedited. Just how quickly does this process move? There should be no hickups that would extend my background process since the local agency I currently work for did a very thorough background investigation.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      First 50% moves very quick now, usually within 1 month, but the real wait begins at poly and background investigation, poly wait can be up to 1 year wait in most area, background wait can be anywhere from 2 months to a year, I don't think OPM honors nor have access to background done by local agency so expect full background by them. Vra announcement is somewhat faster than Direct Hire or Regular announcements but the help truly when you can get poly and background waived. If you are required to do those... Forget it... Buckle up and wait..the real benefit of Vra is you would have more choices when you receive the call... Rockeysf good luck with your process man
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-04-2019, 08:27 PM.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Rockeysf, the wait for poly and background is very much a regional variance. Some regions are quick to get you in for poly and background; other regions not so much. Some people apply to both CBPO and BPA to speed up the process, as they both operate different time frames it seems.

As for reciprocity of backgrounds, that's not really a thing unless it's an OPM adjudicated clearance. Even then the department will still do their own adjudication and review then send to OPM for final. If you have a DoD TS/SCI, it gets you waived from the poly since a poly is usually required for that clearance. But they will still do a CBP/DHS adjudication before kicking it to OPM for final. Hopefully once DoD/DISA takes over all investigations, reciprocity might become a real thing.

Hit the timelines they provide you and hold on as best you can. The best advice I got from my buddies that work within CBP, once they convinced me to apply, was to "simply apply with multiple agencies -not just CBP-, hit the deadlines and appointments, and then live your life like you never applied until you get the final call."

• Rockeysf
      Rockeysf commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay. Yeah I figured local jurisdiction background checks wouldn't count. But since I've had 2 done for the 2 agencies I work at it shouldn't be a problem. I've applied to both the VRA GS-9 announcements for CBP and Boarder Patrol. However, I'd much prefer border patrol. I interview at Baltimore but I believe I selected DC for the poly. Hopefully they move quickly. Anybody know if you actually get the opportunity to make the overtime salary numbers it lists on their website? Or is the the amount you'll make if you're lucky and work a post with lots of OT.

• I like anything but Nogales,or Pembina ND. I am thinking Buffalo NY MattCBP no they didn’t offer Georgia, announcement 18-5. no I am not a Veteran.

Comment

• Silva23 congrats... Jfk Queens NY is good port... Big, lot of promotion potentials... I would chose jfk over Buffalo port

Comment

• Just got the call today and the offer for San Luis. Is anyone familiar with that location (best place to live, training, etc)?

EOD Feb. 25
        Fletc March 11 - July 15

Comment

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pm you with questions.

• CAL0231
          CAL0231 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I have the same dates. My station is Vermont though.

• MoodSwing
          MoodSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          CAL0231 Congrats to you too! I'm guessing we'll be in the same FLETC class. I'm ready to get it done.

• Any 18-8, 18-9 ? where are you at in process?

Comment

• Anthony42567
          Anthony42567 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-9. Waiting on poly still.

• CAL0231
          CAL0231 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-9. Just got the call on Monday. EOD Feb 25th, Derby Vermont. Good luck!

• One month shy of my two year mark in the hiring process, I finally just received a letter of advisement that they completed my background investigation and they have found me suitable for employment! I’m curious what everyones timeline is after this step.

Comment

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP no she didn’t tell me but I did see kli0211 post history and she left a comment about meeting the investigator back in August 2018. I’m 18-6 also waiting on background to clear. Had my meeting with the investigator 12 months ago.
          Last edited by Nousername1; 10-06-2019, 12:42 AM.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thank you! Honestly I haven’t kept up with what ports are open or available. My husband is in the Coast Guard and stationed down in Key West, so somewhere in Florida would be ideal but I know that’s highly desirable so I doubt that would happen. Looking forward to the call to hear what locations they offer!

David1984 I was AD CG for 6 years. So moving around and traveling was definitely the norm. That’s my only guess?

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          @Nousrename1 you are 18-6 and met with investigator 12 months ago???? How you pulled that off? lol damn, I'm 18-8 and just met with my last month. look like im gonna have to wait until after the election next year..lol jeezzze... so I will be waiting 1 year for poly and 1 year+ for background... omg this process is painful... kli0211 so you think traveling alot make your background long? I've been staying at the same place, work at same job but travel a lot, domestic and international, not for work just vacation purposes.

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I’m 18-6 applicant and completed steps up to meeting the background investigator in the first 6 months after submitting my CBP application. CASS has been at 63% since September of 2018.

• @ 19-2 applicants for Tristate area just wondering if anyone has received an email or phone call in regards to the polygraph exam. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          208 Days since i've passed my SI

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          182 Days since SI NY/NJ

• kli0211My process took 11 months to get the call but now thinking about it, its worth the wait. Being 100% certain that your background and adjudication is clean, and you are suitable for employment, your actually in a real good position if you asked me. Although I have nothing in my past, I still feel a sense of uncertainty. Because I was granted provisional status.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I think otherwise man Kevin1234 I didn't elect provisional and now seeing some people waited 12 14 months for background... I wish I did elect.. the wait is awful. I waited almost 1 year for poly and now could wait another year for background...I rather take a risk and eod early without background cleared. I know I have nothing on my background...But i was scared of quitting my job, selling house, my wife quitting her job, moving...etc... but now if times come back, I would do it rather than waiting a year plus... You shouldn't feel uncertainty... You know you have nothing crazy happened on your background, you were granted provisional, now start training for academy... nothing to feel uncertain for man...

• NYBseBall89
          NYBseBall89 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I feel the same. I haven't even met my BI, but waited a year for the poly. I have nothing at all to hide, but the provisional just seems like a scary option especially if you're planning on picking up and moving your entire life elsewhere.

• for background investigation, do they do hard pull or soft pull on the credit check?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          It wont show up on basic monitoring services. You need to do a full inquiry to see it, like the free annual report or a paid report.

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I highly recommend Credit Karma and Experian apps. Both are excellent tools to help improve credit. CK pulls data from Transunion and Equixfax. If you have old negative history such as late payments, collections, etc you have the right to have it removed completely it its older than 7 years. Disputes can be submitted directly via apps. FCRA is your friend, use it to your advantage.

• Yongky Sunyoto
          Yongky Sunyoto commented
          Editing a comment
          Nousername1 dont think its a soft pull if they show all ur credit history till 12 years ago

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Yongky yes it’s a soft pull. Both soft and hard inquiries provide data going back years. I’m currently enrolled in a credit monitoring service and I applied for a consumer credit card and hard pull was done by financial service provider. The service notified me of the hard inquiry immediately and I’m able to see the inquiry on my credit. I also got my complete credit report and it shows all soft and hard inquiries done past two years. Under soft I see that DHS pulled credit report first quarter of this year.

• I seen the background investigator for the 2nd time he said everything is complete nothing is found and he is gonna give it to his supervisor and if it looks good they will send it to US Customs

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          and another wait begins lol... welcome to background waiting group Keee562
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-06-2019, 10:14 AM.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man tha same ol song haha. I received a email from a recruiter from the LA office and they sent fitness and academy handbook to be prepare

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          They haven't sent me anything Keee562 my background only submitted to CBP a month ago, so long way to go bro...

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          They been looking at my background since August 9th when I was cleared for polygraph passing

• Hi all very new to the forum. I posted a question earlier and want to thank those who responded. I have another question (which I tried looking through earlier posts and couldn't find anything). The logical reasoning was giving me some problems at the start, but I think I got the hang of it now. Is there any other place I can get practice problems? I tried searching but got the those puzzle logic problems. Thanks!

Comment

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          I reviewed the same questions until I got a feel for them. I think on amazon there are a few books, you dont really need them unless you got all of the 5 to 10 practice wrong. The test is pretty easy though I just reviewed the practice questions.
          Last edited by BowMan2006; 10-07-2019, 02:31 PM. Reason: Wrong there used.

• itwasjustifi3d
          itwasjustifi3d commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay cool. Thanks. Before I got half wrong. Now I can answer all the practice questions right and I am able to justify why each answer choice is either wrong or correct.

• Nousername1 omg, 13 months wait for background already, it must be brutal... I'm only 1 month in and I'm getting so sick of it... But you must almost finish... You are seeing the light of end of tunnel.... Good luck, keep forum posted please

Comment

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do! Hopefully the light is near lol.

• For those that didn't have fingerprinting done during the SI, when/how did you get them done? I'm assuming I'll be mailed a fingerprint card and take it to the local police. At my SI in July, they said their machine was broken or something. Kinda figured I'd be contacted by now for that. But, this is a waiting game...

Comment

• Anthony42567
          Anthony42567 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they’ll contact you and send you a blank fingerprint card with instructions on how to process them. I, however, contacted them first and let them know I still needed to get fingerprinted. Then about a month later they contacted me and sent me all the stuff. So maybe try and contacting them first and letting them know. I was just scared that they weren’t aware lol

Hope that helps.

• Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
        For those that didn't have fingerprinting done during the SI, when/how did you get them done? I'm assuming I'll be mailed a fingerprint card and take it to the local police. At my SI in July, they said their machine was broken or something. Kinda figured I'd be contacted by now for that. But, this is a waiting game...
        I emailed [email protected] and explained the situation. I also was unable to have my finger prints completed post SI. I emailed the address I pasted above once a day until they responded and informed me a finger print sheet was on its way. I took the card to the local FedEx and had my prints done and mailed back.
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 10-07-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing happened with me I called and emailed them. They mailed me a fingerprint card I got it done at the local sheriff station and mailed it off

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys

• Not to be a paranoid android, but with the possibility of yet ANOTHER government shutdown 11/21, does anyone think that would affect EOD dates?

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          collapse absolutely it would affect every aspect of the hiring process for everyone. And I believe it would affect people already at FLTEC.

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 I'm only asking because I know that last shutdown FLETC stayed open, at least that's what I've read on this forum.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          oh no, another shutdown? shot, I probably will eod 2021 now.. Hire me and I will work with no pay during shutdown...lol

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP lmao I feel the same way.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8109 users online. 348 members and 7761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X