Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One month shy of my two year mark in the hiring process, I finally just received a letter of advisement that they completed my background investigation and they have found me suitable for employment! I’m curious what everyones timeline is after this step.

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP no she didn’t tell me but I did see kli0211 post history and she left a comment about meeting the investigator back in August 2018. I’m 18-6 also waiting on background to clear. Had my meeting with the investigator 12 months ago.
      Last edited by Nousername1; 10-05-2019, 11:42 PM.

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP thank you! Honestly I haven’t kept up with what ports are open or available. My husband is in the Coast Guard and stationed down in Key West, so somewhere in Florida would be ideal but I know that’s highly desirable so I doubt that would happen. Looking forward to the call to hear what locations they offer!

David1984 I was AD CG for 6 years. So moving around and traveling was definitely the norm. That’s my only guess?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      @Nousrename1 you are 18-6 and met with investigator 12 months ago???? How you pulled that off? lol damn, I'm 18-8 and just met with my last month. look like im gonna have to wait until after the election next year..lol jeezzze... so I will be waiting 1 year for poly and 1 year+ for background... omg this process is painful... kli0211 so you think traveling alot make your background long? I've been staying at the same place, work at same job but travel a lot, domestic and international, not for work just vacation purposes.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I’m 18-6 applicant and completed steps up to meeting the background investigator in the first 6 months after submitting my CBP application. CASS has been at 63% since September of 2018.

• @ 19-2 applicants for Tristate area just wondering if anyone has received an email or phone call in regards to the polygraph exam. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      208 Days since i've passed my SI

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      182 Days since SI NY/NJ

• kli0211My process took 11 months to get the call but now thinking about it, its worth the wait. Being 100% certain that your background and adjudication is clean, and you are suitable for employment, your actually in a real good position if you asked me. Although I have nothing in my past, I still feel a sense of uncertainty. Because I was granted provisional status.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I think otherwise man Kevin1234 I didn't elect provisional and now seeing some people waited 12 14 months for background... I wish I did elect.. the wait is awful. I waited almost 1 year for poly and now could wait another year for background...I rather take a risk and eod early without background cleared. I know I have nothing on my background...But i was scared of quitting my job, selling house, my wife quitting her job, moving...etc... but now if times come back, I would do it rather than waiting a year plus... You shouldn't feel uncertainty... You know you have nothing crazy happened on your background, you were granted provisional, now start training for academy... nothing to feel uncertain for man...

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I feel the same. I haven't even met my BI, but waited a year for the poly. I have nothing at all to hide, but the provisional just seems like a scary option especially if you're planning on picking up and moving your entire life elsewhere.

• for background investigation, do they do hard pull or soft pull on the credit check?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It wont show up on basic monitoring services. You need to do a full inquiry to see it, like the free annual report or a paid report.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I highly recommend Credit Karma and Experian apps. Both are excellent tools to help improve credit. CK pulls data from Transunion and Equixfax. If you have old negative history such as late payments, collections, etc you have the right to have it removed completely it its older than 7 years. Disputes can be submitted directly via apps. FCRA is your friend, use it to your advantage.

• Yongky Sunyoto
      Yongky Sunyoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Nousername1 dont think its a soft pull if they show all ur credit history till 12 years ago

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Yongky yes it’s a soft pull. Both soft and hard inquiries provide data going back years. I’m currently enrolled in a credit monitoring service and I applied for a consumer credit card and hard pull was done by financial service provider. The service notified me of the hard inquiry immediately and I’m able to see the inquiry on my credit. I also got my complete credit report and it shows all soft and hard inquiries done past two years. Under soft I see that DHS pulled credit report first quarter of this year.

• I seen the background investigator for the 2nd time he said everything is complete nothing is found and he is gonna give it to his supervisor and if it looks good they will send it to US Customs

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      and another wait begins lol... welcome to background waiting group Keee562
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-06-2019, 09:14 AM.

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      Man tha same ol song haha. I received a email from a recruiter from the LA office and they sent fitness and academy handbook to be prepare

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      They haven't sent me anything Keee562 my background only submitted to CBP a month ago, so long way to go bro...

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      They been looking at my background since August 9th when I was cleared for polygraph passing

• Hi all very new to the forum. I posted a question earlier and want to thank those who responded. I have another question (which I tried looking through earlier posts and couldn't find anything). The logical reasoning was giving me some problems at the start, but I think I got the hang of it now. Is there any other place I can get practice problems? I tried searching but got the those puzzle logic problems. Thanks!

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      I reviewed the same questions until I got a feel for them. I think on amazon there are a few books, you dont really need them unless you got all of the 5 to 10 practice wrong. The test is pretty easy though I just reviewed the practice questions.
      Last edited by BowMan2006; 10-07-2019, 01:31 PM. Reason: Wrong there used.

• itwasjustifi3d
      itwasjustifi3d commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay cool. Thanks. Before I got half wrong. Now I can answer all the practice questions right and I am able to justify why each answer choice is either wrong or correct.

• Nousername1 omg, 13 months wait for background already, it must be brutal... I'm only 1 month in and I'm getting so sick of it... But you must almost finish... You are seeing the light of end of tunnel.... Good luck, keep forum posted please

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do! Hopefully the light is near lol.

• For those that didn't have fingerprinting done during the SI, when/how did you get them done? I'm assuming I'll be mailed a fingerprint card and take it to the local police. At my SI in July, they said their machine was broken or something. Kinda figured I'd be contacted by now for that. But, this is a waiting game...

Comment

• Anthony42567
      Anthony42567 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah they’ll contact you and send you a blank fingerprint card with instructions on how to process them. I, however, contacted them first and let them know I still needed to get fingerprinted. Then about a month later they contacted me and sent me all the stuff. So maybe try and contacting them first and letting them know. I was just scared that they weren’t aware lol

Hope that helps.

• Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
    For those that didn't have fingerprinting done during the SI, when/how did you get them done? I'm assuming I'll be mailed a fingerprint card and take it to the local police. At my SI in July, they said their machine was broken or something. Kinda figured I'd be contacted by now for that. But, this is a waiting game...
    I emailed [email protected] and explained the situation. I also was unable to have my finger prints completed post SI. I emailed the address I pasted above once a day until they responded and informed me a finger print sheet was on its way. I took the card to the local FedEx and had my prints done and mailed back.
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 10-07-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same thing happened with me I called and emailed them. They mailed me a fingerprint card I got it done at the local sheriff station and mailed it off

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys

• Not to be a paranoid android, but with the possibility of yet ANOTHER government shutdown 11/21, does anyone think that would affect EOD dates?

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      collapse absolutely it would affect every aspect of the hiring process for everyone. And I believe it would affect people already at FLTEC.

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 I'm only asking because I know that last shutdown FLETC stayed open, at least that's what I've read on this forum.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      oh no, another shutdown? shot, I probably will eod 2021 now.. Hire me and I will work with no pay during shutdown...lol

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP lmao I feel the same way.

• 18-4 VRA and got the call 3 weeks ago. Just under 19 months for the entire process but well worth the wait. EOD 7 Feb 2020 and FLETC 24 Feb; Derby Line, Vermont

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 12-23-2019, 06:36 PM.

• Vairon89
      Vairon89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is taking forever
      I did medical in 11/18
      I got a email in March requesting more info i send them the info in april and still waiting

I call today and i got this response that I believe is crazy answers

Your information is currently with one of our Medical Review Officers, with this process, additional waiting times may occur as the MRO has his/her own caseload that they work through. If additional information is requested, you will be contacted via email. Please continue to check your email and app for updates.

• The good news: I applied to 19-9 in June and was called to schedule my poly last week. I scheduled the exam for this morning. I felt guilty getting the poly call so soon when I’ve see so many candidates here waiting months going into a year with no call

the bad news: I failed. Examiner said I am a great candidate and would write quality control to request a retest but needed reasons why my answers were not “consistent” she said I’m a type A person and that we over analyze. Which is true. She wouldn’t give me specifics as to which questions I failed but the explanations I gave her she took down. To be clear I didn’t lie when asked the questions but situations popped into my mind when asked two question so I told her my explanation which again had no affect on my actual answer.

examiner said she would send in my results and her write up and I should hear back from quality control next week. I’m pretty down right now. I went into the exam calm. I knew I didn’t have anything to hide and felt calm during the entire process. I was shocked that she stopped me after 3 hours to say I failed. I have no criminal history never been involved in any type of crime. Never used any drugs ever. I’ve been a criminal justice major since my freshman year of college so I knew I couldn’t get mixed up in anything stupid. I Have a masters in CJ. Work in investigations and I still failed.

I just don’t know. How many people actually take the retest and pass?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots retake and pass. I've seen up to 5 retakes and get a pass on here. You got this. Just try to stay perfectly still and follow any directions to a T. You got this

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Weasley don't freak out until you get official communication from them. Yes, people passed on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th attempt...

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weasley It sounds like a funky system, there was a guy on here who failed three times. The third time he passed, his history good or bad didnt change prior to his first polygraph fail. Only thing that could of change was he was familiar with the process and was more calm. It may take you a few tries for your mind to relax more than others to the questions. If you dont pass it sucks but, its not a life time ban. If you did fail progress with life come back two years pass this sucker. Good luck, I hope they give you a retest. Lets us know the outcome.

• Got called for my drug test tomorrow afternoon. Haven't had my BI meet yet. Hopefully this means the BI is going well?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. Question does provisional only apply for bpa or both that and ofo? Also i applied 19-9 ofo and 19-10 bpa. If only bpa i wonder if i should just hold out and wait for a full complete so i have both options.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost I believe it will be for both. I wouldn’t see why it would be different same agencies. Maybe you can get a hold of your case manager.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Im still really undecided. Chose the same region for both bpa and ofo. Gl9 and gs9.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say that if a person is on the fence between the BP and OFO within the "same" location, BP is probably the better choice. Unless one wants to move elsewhere in the future. OFO has far greater mobility.

• Dodge_Guy19-4 if you were asking about my 19-9 application yeah this was my only application. I applied for CBP straight out of college back in 2009 but didn’t follow through after I refused to go to the SW border lol. That’s why I felt lucky and guilty that I got called so quickly.

I think getting the poly graph call comes down to where you currently live/where u elected to take the exam and the need of the preferred location a candidate selects.

anyways I appreciate all the encouraging comments. Hopefully quality control lets me retest.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i live in Nashville but said id drive to Cincinnati to test. Then they told me they had one in Nashville at my airport that i work TSA at over at the global entry office. So it worked out.

• For those who already got the final offer calls, which number would they call from? If you missed the phone call, will they email you or leave you a voice mail? I got a phone call this morning, only received a voice mail like "press 1 to connect to the office, press 2 to pass the offer and be removed". I don't know if that's the call or something related to them.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo, they left a message for me once (952-857-2900) is the number for the Hiring Center/TSU. That's the number they called me from all 3 times.

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo They called me from the same number as Talonderiel, but the email the sent me told me to call them at (952) 857-2917.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      CAL0231, do as they request. lol I'm sure they have multiple numbers: some accept inbound and some probably just outbound only. :P

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5012 users online. 310 members and 4702 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X