Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business professional is appropriate. I wore slacks with a shirt and tie. Nice shoes. Make sure you have a neat wrinkle free appearance. The interviewers are in duty uniform, the admin support are more casual, polo etc... the goal should be to dress nicer than the support and some of the other applicants, but not out dress and executive employees that are in the building. Also take into account the weather. If it's cold a suit is more appropriate, if its 90°+ you dont want to go in a sweaty mess.

Mine was late spring and warm so I dressed light, anything more I felt would have been over the top. Just be dressed neat, shave/haircut, or at least clean trimmed, deodorant yes but avoid body spray, cologne etc... if your really worried, wear the suit, carry the jacket.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Mine was in spring and it was low 90's in dfw. I wore dress pants, dress shoes and shirt and tie. Left jacket at home. I was the only one there for si.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      They were really nice to me after. B.s. with them and supervisor. Kept pushing me to put in for dfw.

• I am sure this has been answered before so I apologize in advance. I've searched and there are way too many results to filter through. Are the VRA announcements more flexible for negotiating location? Also I applied for a VRA position about 2 weeks ago and it finally appeared in the portal. Will the information from my previous application migrate over or will I have to redo the entire process? My previous application was a standard application(non VRA) and I am at 63%.
    Last edited by NYBseBall89; 09-30-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      NYBseBall89 Yes, they are more flexible - in the sense that you can ask for a specific location that is not available at the time of "the call" and they will petition it to headquarters in attempt to see if the port is willing to take a new hire. Some ports do not have entry level billets whatsoever.

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks showtime15 Would Dallas Fort Worth be a billet that will take new hires? I've been thinking about taking the family somewhere new if I get the offer. Also will the rest of my information carry over?
      Last edited by NYBseBall89; 10-01-2019, 11:30 AM. Reason: typo

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      NYBseBall89 I've read on the delphiforum that the general "rule of thumb" was that all northern/southern POE's and large airports were typically able to be chosen by a VRA; with the exception being anything in FL. So DFW is probably doable.

• Curious has anyone ever get held up for having type 2 Diabetes? Can PM if you want. I have to fill out a whole realm of paperwork from the DR.

Comment

• Curious has anyone ever get held up for having type 2 Diabetes? Can PM if you want. I have to fill out a whole realm of paperwork from the DR. repost correct area.

Comment

• Hey has anyone passed the poly within the last month and gotten drug tested shortly after? Anyone passed the poly recently pm me

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Background follows poly. Which usually takes several months to complete and get adjudicated. Unless your granted provisional.

• Copy that.

Comment

• Just left my polygraph exam and received a verbal pass. Examiner said he had no doubt with his decision. However states that it's up to Quality Control to make the final call and if for any reason they decided to have me come back for more questions would I be willing. Of course I told him yes. However he said it's extremely unlikely. Definitely feeling good today

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, congrats man TsFost you are moving extremely fast. Did you elect provisional? If yes, you could be receiving drug call soon. lol.. damn...I'm jealous with your process man....

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            First off thanks alot and yes i chose provisional. Second I'm wondering if it has anything to do with current job at TSA? I left my SO last year for TSA in hopes it would have some background work already done. I know i dealt with a BI earlier this year for my current position as a TSO. Either way I'm happy it's moving but as we all know it can hit a wall at anytime. We shall see.

• So as I said, my Poly was waived, because of another Fed Agency 2 weeks ago and I was sent to do my Drug test last week, and now I'm at 75% Drug Screening Passed. So I'm waiting to see what happens next... It Mark's exactly 11 months in this Process from Application to Drug Screening.

Comment

• assembly-jef
            assembly-jef commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too!! We just basically waiting for that background to cleared. 1 year and 9 months.

• Holy cow! It looks like my process has come to an end for CBP. My interview was horrible. If I was a betting man I failed. Now this is embarrassing to say the least but for what ever reason I was more nervous for this interview than any other in my life. I walked in with my head held high and walked out with my head held high and a feeling of defeat.

Good luck to all of you and thank you for all your help.

(I was not verbally informed of my results but there is no need, I could tell by the way they were looking at me, as they shook their heads and knew it was over for me)

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't give up yet man until you get the official result, ****edoff, even then, you can always reapply in 6 months, everything would still be there (Fitness, Medical, Eqip)... or you can try BPA now...
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-01-2019, 12:41 PM.

• pissedoff
            pissedoff commented
            Editing a comment
            It was the SI.

I do not want Border Patrol.

I did get a firm job offer from another agency last week and the HR person told me I would start next month. The good news I don’t have to move so I’m happy with this and will take it.

I also am on the BQ (best qualified) list for 2 other jobs I am still waiting on so I still have that going for me.

What’s so shocking is I have worked for 2 prior federal law enforcement agencies and it was easy to get on. The CBP structured interview truly caught me off guard. I think it was my doing because I think I came off a bit arrogant. I think these types of panel interviews are for applicants who have no prior law enforcement experience. I just answered the questions wrong and I knew I did as soon as my mouth closed. I literally wanted to stand up in the middle of the interview and kick myself in the balls. This was my failure and I do not blame the CBP or the panel members.

So like is said my journey for CBP is over but I still have the other agency who hired me (still waiting on my background to clear. They said a few more weeks and they wanted to start me in training in November )

I still am happy so don’t let that fool you. I am just disappointed because of how poorly I handled the CBP panel interview.

• BowMan2006
            BowMan2006 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I went they told us on the spot because they took your finger prints if you passed. Each place does it their own way though, so dont be discouraged. There was a guy on here that failed the poly twice before passing on the third time around. Thats a wait of about 6 years or so, this is six months and you still have the medical and physical done. Everyone here is correct dont give up, do some mock interviews brush up on your skills. Also sometimes the person interviewing you is having a bad day so they could of taken it out on you. Could be a million things dont beat yourself up, if you want it badly enough you will apply again in six months.

• pissedoff
            pissedoff commented
            Editing a comment
            Update:

I am at a loss for words. I got an email today about my SI (structured interview). I scanned through it and right before I hit the delete button (I was sure I had failed) I saw the word passed. I read it from top to bottom at that point and I was shocked I passed and the results would be good for 36 months.

Those panel members must be trained by Jason Borne because their body language and actions made me feel I failed. WOW. Well I am still in the process.

• Hello everyone, I need some advise I just checked my CASS and it’s back to saying 50%. I checked yesterday and it was at 63% and now under polygraph and background and says pending instead of sayin completed and in process.

I met my investigator and she already came to my job and talked to my references. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I call someone and who? Any advise or help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

• 18-8,
            My CASS just dropped from 63% to 50% with Background going from In Progress to Pending? I met with Investigator and submitted my background on Sept 10.
            Also Poly went from Completed to Pending... wtf....
            Did this happen to anyone?
            What could happen here? Did I fail the background ? I never had trouble with the laws except couple traffic tickets...
            I'm worried ...
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-01-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              well you and another person had the same issue back to back so maybe its a CASS issue since they changed how things were posted. I'd check in with your contact and see if they can help. Otherwise just wait and see if it changes again over the next few days.

• Yes me too I just posed it right above you. I’m freaking out

Comment

• David1984
              David1984 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP I emailed the program manger. And this is what he wrote back to me.

“They are doing some background work with consolidating applications at the hiring center. It is just a glitch and will work itself out as they work through the upgrades. Nothing to worry about.”

That definitely will ease our minds.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, thanks for the update, David1984 much relief now. I was so worried... Especially the poly going back to pending... I don't want to take it again... Exhausted, tired and so sleepy... Horrible experience...

• David1984
              David1984 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP no problem. I just checked my CASS and it’s back to normal. Check yours it might be back also.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4, back to normal David1984

• Hi everyone- i have two questions

-Is anyone waiting on CBPO for Buffalo NY? Just praying they’re still hiring for Buffalo by the time I get to the end.

-for the fitness test, do I need 80 points or will they stop me after each minimum rep reached? I’ve read both so confused.

Thank you

Comment

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              Fitness test with 80 points ? i just did one recently and they all asking for 12 push ups, 20 sit ups , and 5 mins step up test. They will let stop you by the time you reach their requirement.

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              it's just minimum standards testing

• New update (sorry so many this last week). 19-9 ofo & 19-10 bpa. Said earlier I took my poly this morning with a verbal pass. Just got my email from the examiner saying that QC has given me the full pass, and I'm on to the next step in the hiring process.

Literally 1klbs of weight has been lifted off my chest knowing I won't need to go back for more testing. For anyone waiting to take theirs just listen to your examiner fully. They are there to help you through the process. Now the waiting game of the BI

Comment

• Lapantoja11
              Lapantoja11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations TsFost one step closer!!

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              Lapantoja11 thanks a lot. This is the motivation I needed to keep up with my workouts lol

• So do they even do the 50lb lift test during the fitness test?

Comment

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              Not anymore. For OFO it was 12 push ups, 20 sit ups, and 12" 5 min step test. For BPA it was 20 push ups, 25 sit ups, and 14" 5 min step test.

For anyone getting prepped for the PFT. If you have a bathtub practice your step test on it. Mine was a 16" side and by the time the PFT came around for both i felt like their fitness step was not so bad.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7801 users online. 194 members and 7607 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X