Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked CASS today and I am finally at 50%! Yay, let the grind begin!

19-6
    Background in progress
    Drug in progress
    Polygraph Pending

Comment

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I'm 19-6 also

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      dalan Oh sweet. Where are you at in the process?

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      50% waiting on poly

• Has anyone received an email for the polygraph exam for JFK port this month. Just wondering if any examiners are in the TRI state area. The waiting continues.

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not only 2 months in on the waiting game. I imagine that they have a number in the tristate area that does the polygraph. Just there is a huge applicant pool to go through and it seems like each polygraph examiner gives only one a day. Problem is the high fail rate for the process and the fact that they need such a large pool to keep pulling from. Would only get better if they doubled the amount of examiners but I dont see them doing that anytime soon. Good luck to you, I am waiting as well.

• 19-3 Miami
    19-6 Tucson

Finally medically cleared today after taking my medical about 8 months ago. I can’t put into words how relieved I am that I have passed after waiting for 8 months! I am curious how long the wait for polygraph will be. I have a few friends that have been recently offered Charleston, and hoping it will be available to me when the time comes. I have also been told that since I’ve been with TSA for 7 years, that my federal service will help me pick a more desirable location than those without federal service.. I don’t know how true this is.. All I know I want is a southeastern location like Orlando, Tampa, Charlotte, Charleston, Miami. Good luck to everyone and don’t give up, we are all in this together!

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man Congratulations. I’m 19-2 for Miami as well. I’m in the background phase right now. My investigator already came and met with my references. Just waiting for it to clear hopefully that it doesn’t take as long as others. If you don’t mind me asking what took so long to clear?

For me my polygraph took about for months after my SI. I hope you don’t have to wait such a long time for you to get scheduled.
      Last edited by David1984; 09-24-2019, 12:56 PM.

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 have they offered you any locations?

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323 I haven’t been offered anything. Like I said I’m at the background phase

• AMMO2071
      AMMO2071 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man, I am at 5 months since my medical. They have requested additional medical info twice. I just submitted my 2nd packet a week ago. I had ankle surgery back in 2006 they wanted a current eval on, some knee pain listed in one of my past Dr visits, chest pain that was cleared by the cardiologist, Valium for a vasectomy (they thought it was on-going for anxiety).
      I don’t know how picky they are, but it is encouraging to see that after 8 months, you got a pass.

• Any CBPO working at Dulles? or Anyone knows How are working schedules and living area there?
    Any feedback is greatly appreciate.
    Thanks
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-24-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• 18-9

My background just cleared! To give those still waiting at this stage a sense of time, I had met with my investigator back in February of this year after passing my Poly in November of 2018. I found out about my background clearing by getting a call to schedule my drug screening this Thursday. I went back to my app and it was at 75%. That does leave me in a bit of a pickle though because I have flights booked from Tuesday – Sunday of next week to scope out three ports I am interested in picking once I get the call. I am looking at Derby Line VT, Port Huron MI, and Sault Ste. Marie MI. VT was on my initial list when I applied, MI was not. I was told since I am a vet, I can negotiate once they call me sometime in the next few weeks to see if MI is open. All three ports are usually listed on the announcements, so it shouldn’t be a problem. It would really suck though to pick one DURING my little scouting trip when I haven’t had time to see all three. So the point of this long rant is to ask those of you who have had your final offer to please give me your timeline so I know when to expect “the call” after my drug screening this Thursday. I did a little digging, and I found a few as drawn out as 10 days from drug test to the final offer. Is that normal? If so that would be perfect. Also, if anyone has any experiencing with negotiating your port choices, please share. And of course, good luck to you still waiting.
      Last edited by CAL0231; 09-24-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• CAL0231
        CAL0231 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, V_AntCBP, hopefully they speed you along. Your timeline is stretched, even by their standards.

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        My call came about 10 days after my drug test date. It cleared in the app on a Thursday and the call came the following day. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to a true timeline once you get to the drug test as every process is different. For example, I would have gotten the call sooner, but I didn't upload official transcripts when I initially applied so I had an extra two weeks of transcripts verification.

• CAL0231
        CAL0231 commented
        Editing a comment
        showtime15 Understood. Crossing my fingers and hoping they take about 10 days. Not sure how long I can stall. Ironic lol.

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my final call two days after taking my drug test. I cleared about 10 business days later but got the call while my drug test was pending. So it really depends on the scheduling unit and I also applied for VRA.

• Announcement 19-3 VRA here ! (50%)
      Is there anyone here in the state of Tennessee?
      Just curious if anyone here has been contacted for the polygraph and background investigation, and how long it normally takes to get contacted here.
      Thank you.

Comment

• Anybody received email from CBP regarding 1 applicant ID only per person now? They will close all the extra applications we have... we will be still considered for all positions though.... wonder if they will use this to fill swb first before offering other areas... I have a DH and a regular... they gave me applicant ID for the DH .... and they will be closing the Regular ....
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-25-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I received that email

"In an effort to streamline your hiring process, you will only require one applicant ID, per position, to access and inquire about your applications for employment with CBP. You will still receive consideration under all hiring authorities, grades, and locations, you received a tentative offer under. For individuals who utilize the CBPJobs mobile app, beginning September 16, 2019, you will only see one active application for each occupation you applied. All other applications under the same position will reflect as closed in the mobile application. As stated above, you will still have consideration for all hiring authorities, grades, and locations.

Your Applicant ID is:

Moving forward, you will need to reference the above applicant ID when making inquiries about your hiring process.

Should you have additional questions or need more information regarding your application(s), you may contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 500-3722."

• Unfortunately received a NOPA letter emailed to me yesterday afternoon, extremely upset/disappointed.
      Apparently during my BI there was derogatory info found against me between the poly i took for a role a Border Patrol Agent way back in 2014, the E-Qip I certified for the current CBPO position back in early 2018, and the poly I had a couple months ago. Seems like my memory of stuff that happened way in the past was not great.
      Will be working on my responses throughout the day, but my outlook to overcome this doesn't appear too bright at this point.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gooby77 how long into the background phase did you get the NOPA letter?

• Gooby77
        Gooby77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys for the encouragement and responses. Have not even met with my investigator yet, just an initial email communication about a week ago when I believe she was starting the BI.
        Seems my most glaring issue was not remembering a timeline between the poly in 2014 and bringing stuff up on the e-qip

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gooby77 oh I see. They can expect people to really remember something specific that happened 5 years ago. I would just say try to remember as best as you can and truthfully. Be specific as much as possible and you should be fine. Like others have stated who received a NOPA have cleared and have moved on to the next step. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received a NOPA as well at the end of the BI phase And cleared , just reply in a timely manner and explain everything in detail on your response.

• 19-6 JFK 50% Hoping for that poly in December/January. Anybody from the NY area know where you go to take the poly?

Comment

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took my first poly in valley stream, second in DC because I chose to take it there. 3rd,4th and 5th in Newark, NJ. Was only offered valley stream and newark as they are the closest.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mike
        I am in 19-2 for a JFK and waiting for the poly since April 2019. I selected JFK for the polygraph it will either be in Valley Stream, Manhattan or Newark from other posts on this forum.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks eikichi10 fonzi7979 hopefully us JFK/Newark hear something soon.

• eikichi10 & Mike_lowrey. Just wondering did you select provisional clear.

Comment

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes but wasn't granted

• 18-8,
      So I checked CASS app today, they took my Regular announcement (reapplied few months after applying for DH) off. Left the DH announcement on (my original when I first applied). Hope if I get the call, they would let me negotiate everything instead of just SWB locations (thats what DH announcement for). If they don't, that would suck because I had the Regular announcement for almost a year now.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they are doing this for a better process, but nobody got screwed over it David1984, you still waiting for background to clear?

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP hopefully nobody get screwed over the change. And yes I’m still waiting for my background to clear. I haven’t been waiting that long I believe she finished the field portion and submitted 2 weeks ago. I keep my fingers cross that it doesn’t take that long because she did inform me when we first met that my case seems pretty simple.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        They told me simple too, but investigator said it would take a couple months, hope I hear something before Thanksgiving... David1984

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP yes that would be ideal!!

• 3E5627C3-95A6-404B-8B28-DA4B111FEA51.jpeg

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        glue the phone to your hand and turn the ringtone and vibrate to max lol Lapantoja11

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup been like that for the past month lol

• Hello,
      my cass it’s at 63%, just had the drug test and I am meeting the Background investigator next week everything else it’s green ✅ How long til I get a call? How long does it take for the drug test to clear? And does anybody know if they are offering Ft lauderdale or Miami?
      Thank you.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Silva23 what announcement are you? Was it a DH or veteran? I applied for Miami since it was available when I applied last year. Your lucky that they granted provisional since you already took the drug test before meeting the investigator.

• Just got the call and selected Santa Teresa NM, EOD Feb 14 and academy March 2nd- July 6.
      Announcement 18-11, entire process took 1 year and 2 months.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man lol , and what the heck you been crying for, only 14 months process, I'm 16 months in and still waiting for background to clear lol Lapantoja11 you only had to wait few weeks for the call...
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-26-2019, 05:27 PM.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Santa teresa new mexico is really good if montana is not available get santa teresa @hal29

I know lol thank god they offered me what i wanted V_AntCBP

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a plan.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally!! Congrats.

• Hi, when I went to the SI they gave me a paper with an email. I was told to send them an email after 10 weeks of the SI. can anyone provide me with the email please
      EXAM # 1320
      LIST # 15**
      EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        dominicano here you are [email protected] I been waiting for the poly since April 2019. They only respond with an automated email. What announcement are you with? I am 19-2 JFK

Good Luck with the process.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        dominicano I had the same experience as fonzi7979 you get a generic email. Its a waste of time to email them, they probably get thousands of emails a day.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been waiting since March 12th - that email is useless. I'm hoping to get scheduled around the 1 year mark if i'm lucky.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8355 users online. 264 members and 8091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X