Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an email today for BPA saying that they are sending me a finger print car. Also said its due on 9/30. How quick am i gonna get it and where do i go to get it completed so that i can send it back asap once i get it. Probably gonna pay for overnight shipping.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Local PD finger prints dept, usually they have a small office close by PD to do this. Google for your local... Just bring the card to them. They know what to do. You will get it right the way. There is a fee... 20 30$ or something to collect your prints...
      Ship it back over night with a tracking number... Just in case TsFost
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-21-2019, 09:29 AM.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill swing by my old Sheriffs Office then if that's the case. I know they won't mind squeezing me in between booking people. Definitely gonna do the overnight shipping back since they gave me till the 30th to get it to them.

• 19-9 - Currently sitting at 50%. Let the waiting game begin ​​​​​​​

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yea im 19-9 too for OFO, 19-10 for BPA. That 50% game is no fun

• @ all in this process those of you complaining about 50% on CASS don’t feel so bad there are candidates that are announcement 17- and 18- which are waiting for the polygraph as well.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is very true.

• JStyleszx
      JStyleszx commented
      Editing a comment
      So when 17s & 18s are done getting their poly , then you can post about why you haven’t got yours yet lol

• Anyone know how this PT test is scored. I have mine this Friday, I looked it up and all I have to do is 12 push-ups, 20 sit-ups and do that 5 minute step thingy LOL. I am an old fart, I am 47 years old and I did the test yesterday at my home to get a feeling if I could do it. I did the 5 minute step exercise using my 11 inch tool box, I found the cadence on a YouTube video and I did just fine. I did only 30 push-ups in under 1 minute and only 30 sit-ups. So my question is do I get a higher score for doing more than the minimum or is it pass or fail?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Pass or fail, you don't have to do more than required. You could but it doesn't matter... When You hit the min, you could stop. The 5 mins steps, you have to stop at 5 mins. ****edoff you made me feel bad because I'm younger and can't do 30 push ups under 1 min.. Lol

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      i was really surprised at how few pushups and situps OFO requires for a fitness test. BP bumps it up to 20 and 25 but even still thats less then my local agencies require for their PFT. I'm guessing to pass FLETC you have to complete a good bit more over the initial PFT. If anyone knows for sure I know I'd love to know.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost from the CBP.gov website
      "To graduate, trainees must successfully meet the following Fitness Graduation Standards: 220 yard run in 45 seconds or less; 24 or more push-ups in one minute; and completion of a 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes or less."

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/cbpo-basic-training-academy

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      No extra points. I did 40 pushups and 40 sit-ups just to see if I still could.

• ****edoff It's a pass or fail, no score. I was told to stop when I reached the minimum.

Comment

• Has anyone recently gotten hired and offer was for working in the southwest border? Was reading online most new hires get sent there. Just wondering if it’s true

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        If you apply for the SW border that's where you go. That isn't the only option out there.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The southern border represents a bit less than 30% of the total population of CBPOs. Whether they represent the majority of new hires I can't say for certain...but I suspect not.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        If your application is a Direct Hire, then SWB will be the only locations with minimal negotiation. If it is a general hire, you will be given a selection of locations to pick from. I was a general hire and offered ports in almost 13 States along the North and South Borders.

Your application on USAjobs has the information. Might have to go to your history in your account to see it.

• So I had 2 applications my cass 19-9, 19-11 both at 50% now only one is showing up, the most recent one 19-11 what does this means ?? Has this happened to anyone ??

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        I received this email earlier today that I think answers your question:

"In an effort to streamline your hiring process, you will only require one applicant ID, per position, to access and inquire about your applications for employment with CBP. You will still receive consideration under all hiring authorities, grades, and locations, you received a tentative offer under. For individuals who utilize the CBPJobs mobile app, beginning September 16, 2019, you will only see one active application for each occupation you applied. All other applications under the same position will reflect as closed in the mobile application. As stated above, you will still have consideration for all hiring authorities, grades, and locations.

Your Applicant ID is:

Moving forward, you will need to reference the above applicant ID when making inquiries about your hiring process.

Should you have additional questions or need more information regarding your application(s), you may contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 500-3722."

• Albax0385
        Albax0385 commented
        Editing a comment
        PA_Ed Thanks!

• merlin436 I applied for JFK but they were saying there’s a chance you don’t start there

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you applied for JFK and get hired for JFK outside of the initial academy training you should never work an unvolunteered shift outside of JFK...barring the odd forced TDY somewhere else. There is zero chance of a JFK hire starting somewhere else.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 I agree with you, everyone I talked to who works there has always started and stayed at JFK. They have so many international flights and they come around the clock too, I cannot see them having a surplus of people where they can send you else where. Even with training they would want you to see where you will work and how busy it will be and how to handle it.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        They will send people temporarily somewhere else, especially when the agency is in the soup...like with the caravan fiasco.

Check out the proposed BOUND Act. It's ports like JFK who will bear the brunt of that burden should that Act pass.

• So, I met with Investigator at the beginning of Sep 2019, contacted all references and I decided to shoot him a text and politely ask if work was completed and if further info was required...I got no answer :-( I don't wanted to be pushy and chose text over call.... I guess, I just continue to wait for updates! I thought I would get a call or notification just to have an idea where I am in the process.

Comment

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The investigator won't provide updates nor will the case manager assigned to you until its completed by OPR.

• Hello everyone. so my original APP was 19-3 regular hire for LAX. the process was waiting for Poly graph. then last month i applied for DH and another regular hire for another location. Everything valid including si, eqip, medical except but not the fitness. today i found out that my 19-3 was removed and only both dh and regular hire for 19-11 are there. so does that mean all the patient for waiting going to start all over again? ( my si was completed on oct-2018 ) .

Comment

• Got my Polygraph email today. It's set for next Tuesday. Gonna give it my all and see how things work out. I really need to finish deciding which to go with in the end either OFO or BPA.

Comment

• I heard the new exam they got rid of the math section. Is this true? My friend is taking it in few weeks
          Last edited by zombiemap; 09-23-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Javierr809
            Javierr809 commented
            Editing a comment
            Took the test this past August and there was still math on the exam

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
          I heard the new exam they got rid of the math section. Is this true? My friend is taking it in few weeks
          I took the exam for ofo in july and it had a math section

Comment

• zombiemap
            zombiemap commented
            Editing a comment
            Do they let you use a calculator

• BowMan2006
            BowMan2006 commented
            Editing a comment
            They did for us when I went in May of this year. The math is trivial they give you a ton of time for the questions. I think the reasoning/logical questions were the hardest. I just hate rereading the same thing over and over with the answer just changing ever so slightly.

• I guess they recently changed it on the website it says
          You will be evaluated based on your resume, supporting documents, if applicable, and the CBPO Entrance Examination. The exam (external assessment) contains the following (3) assessments: Reasoning Skills, Writing Skills, and the CBP Experience Record. To be eligible, applicants must pass the exam with a score of at least 70.

Comment

• BowMan2006
            BowMan2006 commented
            Editing a comment
            They might of but from what I took it was not bad at all. They had some practice questions somewhere. Just read them and get your mind in the habit of answering those types of questions. Took me a few to adjust to not just jumping to a correct answer but to really read and think the question through. Its for sure not something I do on a daily basis.

• merlin436 so if I choose Montana there is a good chance i could be temporarily assigned to swb?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a chance. Specific to Montana and like ports, I'd say the chance was less than ports like Blaine, Detroit, Buffalo, etc.

Now, in practice it likely would depend on the nature of the TDY and how many volunteers stepped up and from which ports those volunteers came from.

The aforementioned BOUND Act basically mandates inflated staffing levels on the NB. If it passes it looks to shut down virtually all TDYs off the NB. From the looks of it, that means training TDYs, profitable SB TDYs, everything. If the BOUND Act passes I'd expect TDY opportunities for NB personnel to shrivel down to near zero.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9709 users online. 317 members and 9392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X