Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does being on public assistance affect my chances on getting the job?
    Last edited by Albax0385; 09-18-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      No, but having bad debts, bad credit may affect Albax0385

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok that's good news,my credit is good, I have some debts but no delinquency or collection.

• Originally posted by Albax0385 View Post
    Does being on public assistance affect my chances on getting the job?
    No. As long as your dept is good, you do not have past due accounts more than 180 days past due (late) you should be fine.
    Last edited by pissedoff; 09-18-2019, 11:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I was worry about that, credit is good no delinquency or collection

• Hello Fam, 18-12applicant. Anyone here have to retake their PFT1? I'm nearly finished with the process just waiting for the background to clear. I'm assuming this is good news since I may be approached the finishline.

Comment

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I reapplied for the El Paso announcement. Everything else has transferred with exception of the PFT1. Even the medical transferred over. V_AntCBP

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      MissAmitious right, if you reapplied, and PFT1 already expired.. You gotta do it again. They will be contacting you to schedule your PFT1, I have a friend who has to retake because he reapplied. When I reapplied, it was only 11 months since I took it, so my transferred over.. I had to retake entrance though because I took before August 5th 2018.

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      MissAmitious what is your announcement? And are you trying to get el paso?

• Leon0215
      Leon0215 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP same thing with medical (eye, ekg etc...)? if it expires after 2 yr mark but you are not reapplying, they won’t ask you to take it again?

• as long as your announcement is active, you don't need to retake PFT1, 2ndGenFed if you reapply after pft1 expired, then you would need to retake. That is my understanding. The medical and Eqip you just need to recertify. My PFT1 expired 2 months ago, its still Green on CASS.

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

• Hey y'all, I reapplied to 19-8 announcement but Montana wasn't offered. I'm the new announcement they have 4 ports available. Can I still ask for those ports now that they are available?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      you can surely ask, when i got my call the port I elected wasn't part of my announcement but since it was made available in other announcements i asked for it ans they said yes.

• I’ve followed this since I applied and figured I’d post finally.

19-9 JFK GS-7

7/8/19: Tentative offer

7/9/19: Eqip Submitted

7/10/19: Medical Scheduled

7/18/19: Medical Completed (Green Check on 7/22/19)

7/22/19: Fitness Scheduled

7/24/19: SI Scheduled

7/26/19: Fitness Completed (Green Check on 7/29/19)

8/21/19: SI Completed ( Verbal Pass & Green Check Next Day )

8/26/19: Update Eqip

9/14/19: Eqip Submitted

CASS: 50% (Eqip, Medical, Fitness SI)

What comes first, polygraph or meeting with a background investigator? I know its a waiting game now but just wanted to know the answer lol

Also, if I wanted to add another location would I have to completely reapply or just wait towards the end for “the call” & let them know then? Not a big deal but JFK is backed up and I know other locations move a bit faster which I wouldn’t mind moving.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      poly first, than meet with background investigator, than drug test and the call.
      Depend of what your announcement is? is it direct hire or regular or Vet?
      If you are a Regular or Vet, just wait for the call and ask for the location you want, if its available, you will mostly get it,
      If you are a Direct Hire, you are going to the South West Border, AZ, CA, TX,
      If you want something else, have to reapply zTiger
      You just applied in July, the way it goes now, you are looking at to have poly scheduled next summer sometimes... unless you are super lucky that they somehow pick you....Good luck with your process
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-19-2019, 08:10 PM.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      From my understanding the location is irrelevant if you're taking the polygraph in a HIGHLY populated area such as Newark etc.

• zTiger
      zTiger commented
      Editing a comment
      Regular announcement. & not sure if I understand that polygraph part. I thought people in other locations were getting their polys faster which is why i was wondering if I could take it at a different location but still keep my same work location I applied too

• I just submitted my 2nd round of "Additional Medical Documentation"
    Anyone else pass medical after a 2nd eval? I don't know how picky they are.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I passed after my second request for additional paperwork. Total time was about 4 months to clear and get the checkmark.

• AMMO2071
      AMMO2071 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, so it looks like i'm not alone. My CBP med eval was just over 4 months ago, so hopefully they will look over this new packet I sent up and give me the thumbs up!

• 17-11 GS9 CBPO

6 months after passing the poly, I am finally meeting with the background investigator for the 1st time on Saturday. He said his deadline to turn in my background is next Thursday.

Comment

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      6 months!? Must be very busy at your location. Background can take anywhere from 2 months to 12 months depending on your background file. Goodluck you are almost to the finish line.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that's very long. Usually a month or two after poly you get to meet investigator,
      Yeah they all have deadline to submit their investigation and usually very tie deadline now.
      tell your boss yet? jamoranto good luck, hopefully everything is moving quick from now on for you

• jamoranto
      jamoranto commented
      Editing a comment
      I originally applied October 2017. My announcement was negotiable when offered but originally selected SFO. I prefer LAX, if available.

• anyone on this forum awaiting for polygraph and is in announcement 19-2 for JFK. Wondering if anyone received a date for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• hey, I’m leaving on 09/26/2019 to start my EOD but on USA staff it says I have tasks for my paperwork for direct deposit and taxes are due 09/25/2019.. isn’t the reason for the 2 weeks of training at the port before FLETC to help you on filling out all the information HR requests.. Do I fill out the tasks to the best of my abilities or do I wait until my first start date EOD and fill everything out with everyone?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        what do you mean by taxes are due?

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        " paperwork for direct deposit and taxes" must be submitted before you EOD. Part of the onboarding process to make sure you start getting paid your first day.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        oh ok, i thought you had to submit like copies of your filled taxes from previous years. its just probably like the exemptions and that stuff (w4)

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        On my final selection letter it states to not sign, certify or submit any paperwork until you EOD. Yours might be different, just try to read your emails carefully

• So what's the work schedule like at JFK? Is OT mandatory?

Comment

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        oh yeah, 60 hours a week easy.

• October will make only 4 months since my interview. The wait for the poly continues

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm at 192 days since I passed my Poly

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        150 days since SI. 193 days since I received my Poly Waiver. Starting to feel like my paperwork fell behind a desk somewhere.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to wait 50 weeks to get scheduled for poly...

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        jjsince97 I am making good use of my time (only two months waited so far), I am getting ready to go for my masters in accounting. Either way its a win win for me, get the masters go in as a 9 in CBPO in the end.. or get the masters and get a better career. Make sure you continue with your life like you never applied for this.

• Good morning,

I'm a 19-10 guy. I passed (Written, SI, PT1) all within the last month.

I'm waiting on my medical "further review" . I had a surgery 3 years ago, so I'm sure that will need extra paperwork.

Last week I submitted my Poly waiver because I have a TS/SCI. I saw they sent it to OPM so I'm waiting to hear back from that.

Because I'm active duty the second PT test got waived, so that's nice.

Now just waiting to get and email or call to see what my next step is.

Hope all is going well for you guys.

Comment

• bchalmers , everybody is waived on PT2 now and you should have had PT one waived with your military PT test and your written waived since you’re military.

Comment

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          Krash777, I applied for a Direct Hire position and I had to do all of that, It was easy, no problem, but it would have been nice to skip that.

• Anyone applying for the Los Angeles area? Where you at in the process

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          as i know. the wait time for poly is around 1 year from your si unless you are very lucky win a jackpot that they pick u first

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Original Announcement:18-12 GS9
          Reapplied to Announcement: 19-6 GS-9 Los Angeles
          Appiled: March 2019
          Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
          Euip Sent to OPR: Completed April 2019
          Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
          Structured Interview: Completed September 2018
          Polygraph: Completed August 2019
          Background Investigation: (In Progress) just resubmitted another Equip 08/2019
          Drug Test: (In Progress)
          Final Offer: (Pending)

• dalan
          dalan commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you take your poly if you dont mind me asking?

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          August 2019 in Knoxville Tennessee where I took the polygraph

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8884 users online. 403 members and 8481 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X