Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the work schedule like at JFK? Is OT mandatory?

Comment

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yeah, 60 hours a week easy.

• October will make only 4 months since my interview. The wait for the poly continues

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm at 192 days since I passed my Poly

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 12-23-2019, 06:43 PM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to wait 50 weeks to get scheduled for poly...

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      jjsince97 I am making good use of my time (only two months waited so far), I am getting ready to go for my masters in accounting. Either way its a win win for me, get the masters go in as a 9 in CBPO in the end.. or get the masters and get a better career. Make sure you continue with your life like you never applied for this.

• Good morning,

I'm a 19-10 guy. I passed (Written, SI, PT1) all within the last month.

I'm waiting on my medical "further review" . I had a surgery 3 years ago, so I'm sure that will need extra paperwork.

Last week I submitted my Poly waiver because I have a TS/SCI. I saw they sent it to OPM so I'm waiting to hear back from that.

Because I'm active duty the second PT test got waived, so that's nice.

Now just waiting to get and email or call to see what my next step is.

Hope all is going well for you guys.

Comment

• bchalmers , everybody is waived on PT2 now and you should have had PT one waived with your military PT test and your written waived since you’re military.

Comment

• bchalmers
        bchalmers commented
        Editing a comment
        Krash777, I applied for a Direct Hire position and I had to do all of that, It was easy, no problem, but it would have been nice to skip that.

• Anyone applying for the Los Angeles area? Where you at in the process

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        as i know. the wait time for poly is around 1 year from your si unless you are very lucky win a jackpot that they pick u first

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        Original Announcement:18-12 GS9
        Reapplied to Announcement: 19-6 GS-9 Los Angeles
        Appiled: March 2019
        Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
        Euip Sent to OPR: Completed April 2019
        Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
        Structured Interview: Completed September 2018
        Polygraph: Completed August 2019
        Background Investigation: (In Progress) just resubmitted another Equip 08/2019
        Drug Test: (In Progress)
        Final Offer: (Pending)

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you take your poly if you dont mind me asking?

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        August 2019 in Knoxville Tennessee where I took the polygraph

• Got an email today for BPA saying that they are sending me a finger print car. Also said its due on 9/30. How quick am i gonna get it and where do i go to get it completed so that i can send it back asap once i get it. Probably gonna pay for overnight shipping.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Local PD finger prints dept, usually they have a small office close by PD to do this. Google for your local... Just bring the card to them. They know what to do. You will get it right the way. There is a fee... 20 30$ or something to collect your prints...
        Ship it back over night with a tracking number... Just in case TsFost
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-21-2019, 08:29 AM.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Ill swing by my old Sheriffs Office then if that's the case. I know they won't mind squeezing me in between booking people. Definitely gonna do the overnight shipping back since they gave me till the 30th to get it to them.

• 19-9 - Currently sitting at 50%. Let the waiting game begin ​​​​​​​

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yea im 19-9 too for OFO, 19-10 for BPA. That 50% game is no fun

• @ all in this process those of you complaining about 50% on CASS don’t feel so bad there are candidates that are announcement 17- and 18- which are waiting for the polygraph as well.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is very true.

• JStyleszx
        JStyleszx commented
        Editing a comment
        So when 17s & 18s are done getting their poly , then you can post about why you haven’t got yours yet lol

• ****edoff It's a pass or fail, no score. I was told to stop when I reached the minimum.

Comment

• Has anyone recently gotten hired and offer was for working in the southwest border? Was reading online most new hires get sent there. Just wondering if it’s true

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          If you apply for the SW border that's where you go. That isn't the only option out there.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The southern border represents a bit less than 30% of the total population of CBPOs. Whether they represent the majority of new hires I can't say for certain...but I suspect not.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          If your application is a Direct Hire, then SWB will be the only locations with minimal negotiation. If it is a general hire, you will be given a selection of locations to pick from. I was a general hire and offered ports in almost 13 States along the North and South Borders.

Your application on USAjobs has the information. Might have to go to your history in your account to see it.

• So I had 2 applications my cass 19-9, 19-11 both at 50% now only one is showing up, the most recent one 19-11 what does this means ?? Has this happened to anyone ??

Comment

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          I received this email earlier today that I think answers your question:

"In an effort to streamline your hiring process, you will only require one applicant ID, per position, to access and inquire about your applications for employment with CBP. You will still receive consideration under all hiring authorities, grades, and locations, you received a tentative offer under. For individuals who utilize the CBPJobs mobile app, beginning September 16, 2019, you will only see one active application for each occupation you applied. All other applications under the same position will reflect as closed in the mobile application. As stated above, you will still have consideration for all hiring authorities, grades, and locations.

Your Applicant ID is:

Moving forward, you will need to reference the above applicant ID when making inquiries about your hiring process.

Should you have additional questions or need more information regarding your application(s), you may contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 500-3722."

• Albax0385
          Albax0385 commented
          Editing a comment
          PA_Ed Thanks!

• merlin436 I applied for JFK but they were saying there’s a chance you don’t start there

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you applied for JFK and get hired for JFK outside of the initial academy training you should never work an unvolunteered shift outside of JFK...barring the odd forced TDY somewhere else. There is zero chance of a JFK hire starting somewhere else.

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 I agree with you, everyone I talked to who works there has always started and stayed at JFK. They have so many international flights and they come around the clock too, I cannot see them having a surplus of people where they can send you else where. Even with training they would want you to see where you will work and how busy it will be and how to handle it.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          They will send people temporarily somewhere else, especially when the agency is in the soup...like with the caravan fiasco.

Check out the proposed BOUND Act. It's ports like JFK who will bear the brunt of that burden should that Act pass.

• So, I met with Investigator at the beginning of Sep 2019, contacted all references and I decided to shoot him a text and politely ask if work was completed and if further info was required...I got no answer :-( I don't wanted to be pushy and chose text over call.... I guess, I just continue to wait for updates! I thought I would get a call or notification just to have an idea where I am in the process.

Comment

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The investigator won't provide updates nor will the case manager assigned to you until its completed by OPR.

• Hello everyone. so my original APP was 19-3 regular hire for LAX. the process was waiting for Poly graph. then last month i applied for DH and another regular hire for another location. Everything valid including si, eqip, medical except but not the fitness. today i found out that my 19-3 was removed and only both dh and regular hire for 19-11 are there. so does that mean all the patient for waiting going to start all over again? ( my si was completed on oct-2018 ) .

Comment

• Got my Polygraph email today. It's set for next Tuesday. Gonna give it my all and see how things work out. I really need to finish deciding which to go with in the end either OFO or BPA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4670 users online. 283 members and 4387 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X