Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V_AntCBP after 3 minutes I was done but luckily the doctor kept saying only one minute left but it was 2 minutes. Cardio is the key to that step test. I got through it but it definitely was a challenge.

Comment

• pissedoff
      pissedoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I have my PT test soon. I was a bit worried but I found the test on YouTube so I followed the step count and I’m good. I’m 46 years old and was worried. Looks like my old butt isn’t as old as I thought.

My true fear is the poly and the panel interview.

• Still waiting on the call, does anyone received the call last week or today? Did they offer santa teresa or el paso tx?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      If its on the announcement it's available. Just ask for it.

• @ all applicants in the hiring process has anyone for NY/NJ ports receive an email or phone call for polygraph exam. I am in 19-2 announcement and it seems like the waiting continues. Any feedback is always appreciated and Good Luck to all I wish all the best.

Comment

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      I did I August, almost exactly a year since SI then I failed it first try in Newark

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing what announcement were you in and what port were you applying for

• I just researched it after someone on this board said I wouldn’t have to take the written exam:

Entrance Exam waiver for GS-9 Applicants: Applicants who qualify at the GS-9 level are not required to take the entrance exam.

YEA! That’s one step I don’t have to worry about.

Comment

• 18-8
      So after 7 weeks passing poly,
      Poly result finally transferred to other applications on Cass. I emailed them 3 weeks ago asking if result would transfer to other apps, they told me NO, result would only show on the original application that I took poly for??
      63% now
      Background and Drug are in progress

Comment

• Is anyone going to be in training class:
        Class No: CBPOBT-508
        November 12, 2019 March 25, 2020

if so shoot me a DM

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          My EOD is November 1st and graduation date is on April 1st but not sure of the class as I haven't received the contract email yet, I have only received the Recruitment Incentive email.. what do you think?

• Good afternoon group.

I applied 8-6-2019
        took written: 8-13-2019 (Passed)
        medical: 9-6-2019 (Further review)
        PT Test 1: 9-11-2019 (Passed)
        SI: 9-12-2019 (Passed)

Has anyone else had "further review" for their medical?

I submitted my Poly waiver because I'm active duty with a TS/SCI.

Just waiting now. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good luck to all during this stressful process.
        Last edited by bchalmers; 09-17-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't have any med holdups, but my Poly waiver took about 2 weeks from submission to OPR till I had the approval document in my email. Once its approved it's good for 2 years, and it doesn't change green on the app, it will just stay at pending.

• chriscain13
          chriscain13 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had further review on my medical as well. After about two months I got an email with some paperwork for my Doctor to fill out and send back. I was on chantix to quit smoking so they wanted the reason from my Doctor. If you know everything was good on your physical as far as hearing and vision it’s most likely gonna be a prescription or a past surgery or procedure that you will likely get an email for.

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Gentlemen very much for the info.

I know I didn't fail anything.

I had surgery so that makes sense.

• Breezing along with lighting speed. I’m under 30 days and have completed the e-Qip (background) input, interview scheduled in 2 weeks, physical fitness test scheduled and pre background interview scheduled. I’m shocked that all of this will be completed in under 30 days. The only thing not scheduled is the polygraph and medical.
        Last edited by pissedoff; 09-17-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• pissedoff
          pissedoff commented
          Editing a comment
          It says 2-3 hours to complete pre-security interview. Is this the panel interview or an interview with the background investigator?

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a structural interview... Panel... You meet with a couple officers, they give you couple senerios questions, you tell them what you would do. If they like it, you pass, and vice versa... Background investigator meeting comes after poly...

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 I'm VRA with poly waiver. My clearance is active and the investigation is good by DOD standards until over 2 years from now, as well as being part of the "CE" or continuous evaluation program. My background is cleaner than bottled water.
          CE pretty much is like big brother watching. Automatic reoccurring national/local agency checks, credit checks, public social media posts, news etc... it auto reports these things to security adjudication to make sure I'm not doing things that would warrant flagging my clearance or suspending access. In the long game its intent is to replace the 5 year reinvestigations required for a clearance thus shortening the backlog for new clearances.

It's been months since I've gotten word on anything from mhc other than a generic just wait, so here I am still waiting on BI and drug testing just like every one else.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Dodge_Guy19-a wow incredible. smh

• This is the part that scares me:

Duty Locations: Locations are negotiated after VRA eligible applicants have cleared all pre-employment requirements. Offers are based on operational and mission requirements, and critical agency hiring needs as determined by the CBP Office of Field Operations, and may include any geographic location within the United States.

So I will have no clue where the duty station will be until the very end.

I also have questions about this. It says more pay for the first 3 years for these locations. Anyone know why the extra pay?

If you accept one of the below duty locations you may be eligible to receive an additional 15%-33% of your salary each year for the first 3 years of employment in addition to any overtime pay. This incentive only applies to new federal employees and is dependent upon the availability of funds.

Duty locations offering 33% recruitment incentives: Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales, and San Luis, AZ; and Calexico, CA

Duty Locations offering 25% recruitment incentives: San Francisco, CA; Coburn Gore and Jackman, ME; Grand Portage, MN; Raymond and Sweetgrass, MT; Pembina, ND; Presidio, TX; and Oroville, WA

Duty locations offering 15% recruitment incentives: Portal, ND

Comment

• Staerr
          Staerr commented
          Editing a comment
          Turffs18 May I ask why you’re selecting Jackman with the population being so low and everything being so far? Just curious.

• pissedoff
          pissedoff commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate to say this but before I take what location they give me (this is if I get the job obviously) I will take a trip up there (down there) and recon the area. If it’s bad I will turn it down. Money is a good thing but if I have to live 3 hours from town it will not be worth it to me. I have a wife and 3 kids and no amount of money will make me take a job that puts them in a city of 600 with stores and a real city hours away.

This reminds me of the military. At the end of basic training is when recruits are told what base they will be stationed. At least with this CBP Officer job I can say no.
          Last edited by pissedoff; 09-18-2019, 07:04 AM.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very often, those incentive ports in the most rural, remote and isolated areas also have extremely limited opportunities for differential shifts and overtime availability as well. Most also are located in the lowest level of locality pay area.

That means working at near base RUS pay while traveling back and forth those two hours to Walmart in the 4WD drive vehicle you needed to buy because snow, ice and freezing rain lasts 6 months on the northern border...especially on the Medicine Line
          and Maine.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          ****edoff at least is location negotiable and as a VRA applicant you have more options to choose from ( normally a normal applicant can only negotiate the locations on their specific announcement) but VRA applicants can ask for other locations that will not normally be on the announcements, if there is a slot and they feel like they can offer you a spot in a given location of your choice , you will most likely get it.

• It’s a three year recruitment incentive. So you get that percentage increase to the base salary at each level on the GS scale you are in. Basically the locations listed for the recruitment incentive either have issues filling spots because it’s in the middle of nowhere or because it’s so damn expensive to live in the area applicants are t applying.

Comment

• Staerr
          Staerr commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told that the incentive was given as 1 Payment for each year? Or is it just added onto the salary?

• Turffs18
          Turffs18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Staerr you get your incentive in a lump sum at the begining of each year depending on when you EOD. It is based off of your STARTING salary and doesn't increase. If you are GS-5 you will get the 25% of that each year for 3 years. Also to answer your previous question, I am extremely familiar with Maine/Jackman area. It has a good AWS schedule and I'm also not married and don't have kids. I like to hunt and fish. It's the closest port to my family of about 3 hours and also had the incentive.

• Staerr
          Staerr commented
          Editing a comment
          Turffs18 Okay, thank you! Yeah this is when I wish I had qualified for gs7, that would have definitely help. Ah okay, I was just curious, I’m considering moving all the way from NY to the south border and there isn’t much to offer down there.

• Testing the add photo option.
        Last edited by pissedoff; 09-18-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• 18-3.
          got the green check mark last Saturday for my poly, now received the email to go tomorrow for the drug screen. How long after this i have to wait for an investigator to contact me?

Comment

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            sounds like you got a provisional

• assembly-jef
            assembly-jef commented
            Editing a comment
            raudy06 Do you know if granted provisional the bar changes to green in the app or does it stays as processing?

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Should say in progress since technically background is not done. They just gave you a chance to enter duty without having background cleared. Only turn green once background fully completed.

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            assembly-jef what V_AntCBP said.

• Turffs18 when I took the poly the examiner updated all the information I needed and told me that he uploaded it to E-Quip, do they also send you a different email to recertify after they already updated it? The background stage still says processing in the app.

Lapantoja11 your background is cleared? Or you got the provisional ?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
            Lapantoja11 commented
            Editing a comment
            My background is cleared, took 4-5 months

• So I applied in November 2018

Test (Passed)
          Fitness (Passed)
          Medical asked for addtional info (Passed)
          Structured Interview (Passed)
          Poly Reciprocity sent in from Former Agency (Passed)
          Sep 15th

Awaiting

Drug Test
          Background

JFK DUTY LOCATION

Comment

• Waiting at 50% for both 19-9 gs7 OFO, and 19-10 gl9 BPA. My eqip was only submitted to OPR on 8-02-19, but was hoping since I've already had one background done in the last 8 months with TSA it would help move things along. No in person interview that go around with a BI, just a few phone calls to clear up a few things. Can't wait to move forward with everything.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              How you only qualified gs7 ofo but qualified gl9 bpa? Should you apply gs9 ofo? Just curious. TsFost

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              i've thought about that. I applied gs7 because I knew with my background at a SO i should be able to qualify but i'm not sure if just having LE experience works for gs9. The requirements on the job site say at least a year of specialized work if i recall. Maybe I should apply for it and see if it takes?

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              TsFost, might as well.... the worse that will happen is you are non-referred and your Gs7 keeps rolling. Best case scenario, your Gs9 is referred and everything carries over. Now you'll have the option of Gs7 or Gs9.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8854 users online. 447 members and 8407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X